Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Freely down loadable Books on Pro-Islam and anti Islam..

(Read 141962 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 89 10 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Freely down loadable Books on Pro-Islam and anti Islam..
     Reply #210 - June 24, 2019, 11:07 PM

IQBAL AND KARBALA  Re-Reading the Episteme of Martyrdom for a Poetics of Appropriation  by SYED AKBAR HYDER

Repurposed Narratives: The Battle of Ṣiffīn and the Historical Memory of the Umayyad Dynasty by  Aaron M. Hagler  _ Cornell College

The Pact (amna) Between Muwiya Ibn Ab Sufyn and Amr Ibn Al- (656 or 658 CE)  by Andrew Marsham _ University of Edinburgh

Political Engineering and the Origins of Culture: The Institutional Foundations of the Rise of Islam by David Siddhartha Patel., Department of Political Science ., Stanford University

Ending Oppression and Establishing Justice: Examples from Islamic History of Select Muslims and Islamist Groups Justifying the Use of Armed Force  by Fazal Mohammed Hassan  ...THE FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES., Ph.D. thesis..

A VIOLENT ORIGIN:  A GIRARDIAN ANALYSIS OF THE SCAPEGOATING OF ALI IBN ABU TALIB IN SHI’ITE TRADITION by Wendy Jane Isaacs-Martin .,    Thesis Presented for the Degree of DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY In the Department of Religious Studies., UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

WHAT EVERY CHRISTIAN HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT SHOULD KNOW ABOUT  ISLAM - AN INTRODUCTION TO ISLAMIC HISTORY AND THEOLOGY  by  Bruce K. Forrest .,  A Thesis  Presented to  the Faculty of  the School of Theology.,  Liberty University

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #211 - September 16, 2019, 10:07 AM

The Detribalization of Arabic Poetry .,  Arieh Loya  ....Int. J. Middle East Stud. Vol 5., (I974)202-215 

Jahiliyyah Arabic Verse:  The Dichotomy in Its Poetry ...Journal of Literature, Languages and Linguistics   Vol.31, 2017

Religious Beliefs in Pre­Islamic Poetry..NaderMasarwaha  ...Sociology Study 2013, Vol  3  531‐542

Reply #212 - October 12, 2019, 05:32 PM

The Comparative Textual Study of the ''Abraham storyw  in the Bible and the Quran by Amira Elias ..A Thesis in The Department of Theological Studies., Concordia University Montreal, Quebec, Canada March 2000 ..

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF ISLAMIC HAPPINESS: ISLAM AND HUMAN RIGHTS  EDITED BY H.A. HELLYER

T h e M e s s a g e O f T h e Q u r a n    Translated And Explained   by Muhammad Asad

Reply #213 - October 14, 2019, 06:55 PM

The Rise of the North Arabic Script   by  Nabia Abott .Chicago, 1939

Reply #214 - October 15, 2019, 03:45 PM

History of The Quran. Pdf   .. authored bu Theodor Nöldeke., Friedrich Schwally., Gotthelf., Bergsträßer., Otto Pretzl  .....

Edited and translated bb  Wolfgang H. Behn

That book was published some times in 1860.... Great work of its time

Reply #215 - October 22, 2019, 05:30 PM

1. Universal chronicles in Arabic before c. 900 by Ann Christys

2. Authority and Identity in Medieval Islamic Historiography_Persian Histories from the Peripheries   by Mimi Hanaoka., University of Richmond, 

3. Documents and the History of the Early Islamic World Edited by Alexander T. Schubert and Petra M. Sijpesteijn

Reply #216 - October 29, 2019, 04:56 PM

Codex purpureus petropolitanus.PDF by Cronin, Harry Stovell, 1866-

Reply #217 - November 04, 2019, 04:08 PM

Atheism and Islam: A Contemporary Discourse - Shoaib A Malik

This short monograph reviews the discourse of Islam and atheism. It intends to capture the various contentions new atheists pose for Muslims, their approaches and how Muslims have responded to them. The author also highlights the problems with the Islamic responses to atheism and provides his own suggestions in how a meaningful exchange can be achieved.

Reply #218 - November 04, 2019, 04:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_86jAJ3qvG8

well i can not watch/listen to nonsense and  that is for brain washed high school kids who argue for the sake of argument .

but let me watch these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKpGC9fxO0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0YvEDjRcU4

Reply #219 - November 04, 2019, 05:13 PM

Atheism in the Arab-Islamic world (with a focus on Morocco) - Alessandro Balduzzi

My master's thesis investigates rather a neglected topic, i.e. atheism in the Arab-Islamic World. The first chapters deal with a theoretical contextualization of atheism, its history throughout the Islamic civilization, the definition of apostasy and how the latter is regarded - and often punished - by penal codes in some Muslim countries. The second section focuses instead on Morocco (role of Islam in the Kingdom, laws concerning atheism/apostasy, press review on cases of atheism etc.) and is enriched by some interviews I realized with some apostates I got in contact with during my 10-month stay in the North African country.

Reply #220 - November 04, 2019, 05:18 PM

Understanding Unbelief in Egypt - Karin van Nieuwkerk
     Reply #221 - November 04, 2019, 05:23 PM

The utilisation of communication technology within online Arab atheist communities - Matthew Thomas

The presence of atheists within the Muslim world has begun to receive global attention after a number of cases in which atheist bloggers and writers in majority Muslim countries were killed for criticising Islam. The rise in number of Arab atheist Facebook groups has sparked conversation about the rise in number of atheists across the Arab world, and to what extent the use of social media platforms has facilitated this. This study examines 2 such Facebook groups and aims to explore the way in which social media platforms can be used to bring a geographically diverse group of people together to form a collective group identity, and to provoke societal change.

Reply #222 - November 11, 2019, 07:22 PM

The Vangaurd of the Islamic Revolution  The Jama‘at-i Islami of Pakistan by  Seyed Vali Reza Nasr

Vali Reza Nasr  is an Iranian-American academic and author specializing in the Middle East and the Islamic world. He served as Dean of the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in Washington, D.C. from 2012 to 2019. Nasr is also a Senior Fellow in foreign policy at Brookings Institution  and is described by The Economist as "a leading world authority on Shia Islam"

Reply #223 - November 12, 2019, 01:39 PM

The Reconstruction  of Religious Thought  in Islam by Muhammad Iqbal 1930

he starts the book with some very fundamental questions on Cosmology

What is the character and general structure of the universe in which we  live? 

Is  there  a  permanent  element  in  the  constitution  of  this  universe? 

How  are  we  related  to  it?  What  place  do  we  occupy  in  it?

and  what  is  the  kind  of  conduct  that  befits  the  place  we  occupy? 

These  questions  are  common  to  religion,  philosophy,  and  higher  poetry

Nah those questions  are NOTHING to do with religion,  philosophy,  and  poetry., but they are all to do with the science of the origin and development of the universe. Modern astronomy and modern evolutionary biology of human race ., man you would have been very good physicist..

Reply #224 - November 14, 2019, 06:04 AM

Proofs of Prophecy and the Refutation of the Isma'iliyya  by Eva-Maria Lika

The French Orientalist Louis Massignon (1883–1962) referred to the 4th/10th century as “the Ismāʿīlī century in the history of Islam”.1 At the height of their power, the Ismāʿīlīs not only challenged the political status-quo, heretofore controlled by the ʿAbbāsid caliphate, but also posed a considerable threat to many religious communities. As a result, Islamic scholars from a variety of denominational backgrounds engaged in intellectual battles with the Ismāʿīliyya. With a pointed pen they composed refutations of what they considered to be the heretical teachings of this community and fought their ideas with the ultimate power of rational arguments.

One of the texts that emerged in this context is the Kitāb Ithbāt nubuwwat al-nabī, written by Abū l-Ḥusayn al-Muʾayyad bi-llāh al-Hārūnī (333/944– 411/1020). Al-Muʾayyad bi-llāh al-Hārūnī was an important scholar and imam of the Zaydī community in Tabaristan, a region south of the Caspian sea in modern-day northern Iran, where the Ismāʿīlī movement spread continuously. As its title indicates, al-Muʾayyad bi-llāh’s text belongs to the genre known as “proofs of prophecy”, which by then had become a classical theme in Islamic theology. But the text also incorporates a refutation of Ismāʿīlī doctrines. The present dissertation is dedicated to the study of these anti-Ismaʿīlī statements and their contextualization within the larger prophetological argument

That is from introduction of that book .. Looking Islam through the eyes present Iranian Islamic Intellectuals that migrated to west after the fall of shah of Iran in 1979 is interesting.,

read it all by downloading the pdf file

Reply #225 - November 28, 2019, 09:57 AM

Theophilus of Edessa's Chronicle and the Circulation of Historical Knowledge in Late Antiquity and Early Islam  by Robert G. Hoyland (Translator)  2011

Theophilus of Edessa was an astrologer in the court of the Muslim caliphs from the 750s to the 780s, a time when their capital, Baghdad, was a thriving cosmopolitan centre of culture and trade and one of the most populous and prosperous cities of the world. He was fluent in Greek, Syriac and Arabic, and he used this ability to bring together a number of historical sources in each of these languages and blend them into a single chronicle that charted events in the Near East from 590 to the 750s.
    His work is no longer extant, but it was cited extensively by a number of later historians and Robert Hoyland has collected and translated all these citations so as to give an impression of the scope and content of the original text.

This is important, because this chronicle underlies much of our historical knowledge about the seventh and eighth century Near East, which was a crucial period in the region, witnessing as it did the devastating war between the two superpowers of Byzantium and Iran,
    the Arab conquests and the rise to power of the first Muslim Arab dynasty, the Umayyads (660-750), and their subsequent overthrow by a new dynasty, the Abbasids, who moved the capital of the Muslim Empire from Damascus to Baghdad

. Hoyland also indicates the links between Theophilus' chronicle and other historical works, by Muslims as well as Christians, in order to illustrate the considerable degree of sharing of historical ideas and information that occurred among the various communities of the Near East.

The material translated consists of the sections of four chroniclers that deal with the period 590-750s: one in Greek (Theophanes the Confessor, d. 818), one in Arabic (Agapius of Manbij, fl. 940s) and two in Syriac (Michael the Syrian, d. 1199, and an anonymous author, fl. 1230s, who were both relying on the chronicle of Dionysius of Telmahre, d. 845). The latter three either had not been translated into English before (thus Agapius and Michael the Syrian) or had only partially been translated (the anonymous chronicler of the 1230s).

that is what he writes about the book

Reply #226 - December 04, 2019, 03:08 PM

well that is an interesting book., click the picture and download pdf file.,   The book is written in French by Fethi Benslama,   a Paris-based Tunisian born psychoanalyst.
    He is a Professor of Psychopathology at Paris Diderot University, and the author of several books about political Islam. [/b][/u]  He has authored several books about political islam, including one about the Arab Spring. He has argued that radical Islam shares elements with religious cults, but he adds that it is partly based on a shared "Islamic identity myth" born out of the reality of war.  He has also argued that terrorists kill for the sake of "jouissance," not to act upon suicidal ideation.

what ??  "jouissance,"  that is new word to me., .. what the hell? the wiki says

Jouissance........... In French, jouissance means enjoyment, in terms both of rights and property, and of sexual orgasm. The latter has a meaning partially lacking in the English word "enjoyment".

interesting....... how about SADIST  DASTARDLY BASTARDS ??...........instead of that jouissance,... nuance.. nonsense whatever

Reply #227 - December 04, 2019, 03:40 PM

Misquoting Muhammad  Jonathan A. C. Brown   ( 2014)

Misquoting Muhammad takes the reader back in time through Islamic civilization and traces how and why such controversies developed, offering an inside view into how key and controversial aspects of Islam took shape. From the protests of the Arab Spring to Istanbul at the fall of the Ottoman Empire, and from the ochre red walls of Delhi’s great mosques to the trade routes of Islam’s Indian Ocean world, Misquoting Muhammad lays out how Muslim intellectuals have sought to balance reason and revelation, weigh science and religion, and negotiate the eternal truths of scripture amid shifting values.

that is what one reviewer writes ., 
    Jonathan Andrew Cleveland Brown[1] (born 1977) is an American scholar of Islamic studies. Since 2012, he has been associate professor at Georgetown University's Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service. He holds the Alwaleed bin Talal Chair of Islamic Civilization at Georgetown University.  Brown was born on August 9, 1977 in Washington, DC. He was raised as an Episcopalian and converted to Islam in 1997.  Mr. Brown is Sunni and follows the Hanbali school of Islamic jurisprudence.
    In response, Brown wrote on Twitter, "Islam as a faith and I as a person condemn slavery, rape and concubinage."  In a subsequent essay and interview Brown elaborated his views and apologized for having addressed the subject too cerebrally, adding that members of the alt-right had bombarded him and his family with threats of death and rape over the controversy

Professor Brown is married to Laila Al Arian-Executive Producer at Al Jazeera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzM2I1idvBs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7v62CIQhOM

Laila Al-Arian: Free Speech Under Attack for Muslim Americans

Reply #228 - December 04, 2019, 04:44 PM

Islam and Qur'anic figures in Africa: Prophets, Sages and Disciples  by  Abdin Chande Adelphi University  2012

that pdf file is an article published by  open access by Iowa Research Online. It has been accepted for inclusion in Mathal .

Abstract:

This is but a humble attempt to frame a discussion on Islam, prophetic voices and geographical spaces in Africa as territorial canvasses for sketching out Islam's sacred history. This way of thinking or conceptualizing about Africa is not as fashionable among Muslim Qur'anic scholars as it is among black Biblical theologians. Yet, this is not to suggest that the approach of this study is grounded in the Afro-centered methodology. Such an approach has its own place and serves certain ideological and cultural functions especially within a given African American diasporic scholarship. Rather, the aim of this research is two-fold: first, to critique Afrocentric thought and, second, to probe and re-center or re-state Africa's position within Islam's civilization and spiritual narrative.

well that is the abstract of that article.,  and it is mostly about   the story of former slave of Ethiopian Bilal ibn Rabah al-Habashi (Arabic: بِلَال ٱبْن رَبَاح ٱلْحَبَشِيّ‎, Bilāl ibn Rabāḥ al-Ḥabashīy, 580–640 AD) also known as Bilal ibn Rabah (بِلَال ٱبْن رِيَاح), was one of the most trusted and loyal Sahabah (companions) of the Islamic prophet Muhammad_Sa. He was born in Mecca and is considered as the first mu'azzin, chosen by Muhammad himself.  He was a former slave of Ethiopian ancestry. Bilal ibn Rabah was known for his beautiful voice with which he called people to their prayers. He died in 640, at the age of 57.

Bilāl origins , his story and he being a  disciple of the prophet Muhammad with an array of confusing titles, including: "the first Muezzin (high priest!)," "head of the nation of Islam!" and the person "responsible for the creation of Islam!"6 Even a casual observer of Islam would know that the function of a Muezzin in Islam is not to officiate at religious functions the way a high priest does but simply to summon people to prayer. It is also misleading and mainly wishful thinking for Ben to claim that Bilal was "head of the nation of Islam" when, apart from being the Prophet's treasurer, Muezzin, and among his closest and most revered companions, he did not assume the mantle of political leadership of the Muslim community as a caliph/ruler the way Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali had done in succession after the death of Muhammad,....

well that is how the author starts his paper., well I ahve to agree with his paper w.r.t that Yosef Alfredo Antonio Ben-Jochannan (/ˈbɛn ˈjoʊkənən/; December 31, 1918 – March 19, 2015), referred to by his admirers as "Dr. Ben", was an African-American writer and historian.

Reply #229 - January 10, 2020, 05:04 AM

Muhammed Arkuon: towards a radical rethinking of Islamic thought  by Ursula Gunther

that PDF file is from this book

This volume examines Muslim intellectuals from the Arab world, Iran, Turkey, Indonesia, Pakistan, the USA, and Europe who employ contemporary critical methods to interpret the Qur'an, arriving at conclusions that challenge those of the past. It offers a framework for understanding their work and responses to this among Muslim and Non-Muslim audiences, and illustrates the diverse struggles in which they recruit the Qur'an, read through the lens of their modernist or post-modernist positions. Pointing to the emergence of a new trend in Muslim interpretation characterised by direct engagement with the word of God and the embrace of intellectual modernity in the context of an increasingly globalized world, it presents and analyses for the first time a representative selection of its voices, methods, and conclusions

that is an interesting book to read published in 2006 from London .. if you are interested to read please download that book to read by clicking the picture

Reply #230 - January 10, 2020, 09:27 AM

Historical Development of the Doctrine of the Trinity and of the Person Of Christ

THE NESTORIAN MONUMENT N CHINA by BY P. Y. SAEKI  1916

THE BOMAN PBIMACY A.D. 430-451  by LUKE KIVINGTON,  1899

Nestorius and his teaching; a fresh examination of the evidence. With special reference to the newly recovered Apology of Nestorius (The bazaar of Heraclides)    by  Bethune-Baker, James Franklin, 1908

Reply #231 - January 13, 2020, 02:29 PM

The Economics of Faith:  Using anApocalyptic Prophecy to Elicit ReligiousBeliefs in the Field∗

that pub is a good one to read on Modern economics and religions and faith heads ...

The Economics of Faith:  Using an Apocalyptic Prophecy to Elicit Religious Beliefs in the Field  model religious faith as a “demand for beliefs,” following the logic of the Pascalian wager.  We show how standard experimental interventions linking financial con-sequences  to  falsifiable  religious  statements  can  elicit  and  characterize  beliefs.   We implemented this approach with members of a group that expected the “End of the World” to occur on May 21, 2011 by varying monetary prizes payable before and after May 21st.  To our knowledge, this is the first in centivized elicitation of religious beliefs ever  conducted.   The  results  suggest  that  the  members  held  extreme,  sincere  beliefs that were unresponsive to experimental manipulations in price.

that is the abstract of that pub

Reply #232 - January 18, 2020, 03:27 PM

This came up in my feed today:

https://www.academia.edu/30739222/Afghanistans_Islam_From_Conversion_to_the_Taliban?auto=download

Afghanistan's Islam: From Conversion to the Taliban
    Nile Green
    University of California Press, 2017

The book provides the first overview of the history and development of Islam in Afghanistan. Written by leading international experts, chapters cover every era from the conversion of Afghanistan through the medieval period to the present day. Based on primary sources in Arabic, Persian, Pashto, Uzbek, and Urdu, its depth of coverage is unrivaled in providing a developmental picture of Afghanistan’s Islam, including such issues as the rise of Sufism, women’s religiosity, state religious policies, and transnational Islamism. Looking beyond the unifying rhetoric of theology, the book reveals the disparate and contested forms of Afghanistan’s Islam.

12mb PDF.
     Reply #233 - January 28, 2020, 03:39 PM

The Islamic Conquest Of Syria  by Al Waqidi

That is an interesting book to read .. When you read book one must learn to use the brain to understand Author's perspective the events..

Reply #234 - February 17, 2020, 03:09 PM

Documents and the History of the Early Islamic World.pdf  Edited by Alexander T.Schubert  and Petra M. Sijpesteijn

Reply #235 - February 18, 2020, 11:18 PM

The Prophet of Islam.PDF by Maulana Muhammad Ali

Muhammad Ali (1874 – 13 October 1951) was an Indian writer, scholar, and leading figure of the Lahore Ahmadiyya Movement for the Propagation of Islam.  Ali was born in Murar, Kapurthala State (now in Ludhiana district, Punjab, India) in 1874. He obtained a Master of Arts in English and a Bachelor of Laws in 1899. He joined the Ahmadiyya Movement in 1897 and dedicated his life to the service of the movement as part of what he saw as a restored and pristine Islam.[1] He died in Karachi on October 13, 1951, and is buried in Lahore.

Marmaduke Pickthall, famous British Muslim and translator of the Quran into English, wrote a review of Muhammad Ali's book The Religion of Islam when this book was published in 1936. The review was published in the journal Islamic Culture of Hyderabad Deccan (India), whose editor was Pickthall. In this review Pickthall wrote:

Probably no man living has done longer or more valuable service for the cause of Islamic revival than Maulana Muhammad Ali of Lahore. His literary works, with those of the late Khwaja Kamal-ud-Din, have given fame and distinction to the Ahmadiyya Movement. In our opinion the present volume is his finest work. … It is a description of Al-Islam by one well-versed in the Sunna who has on his mind the shame of the Muslim decadence of the past five centuries and in his heart the hope of the revival, of which signs can now be seen on every side.

So that book on Prophet of Islam Muhammad was written by Maulana Muhammad Ali]who  led the Lahore Ahmadiyya Movement as Amīr from 1914 to 1951. and this is their  web site http://www.aaiil.org/

Reply #236 - February 19, 2020, 12:09 AM

Radical Love: Teachings from the Islamic Mystical Tradition.pdf   by dr. Omid Safi

Omid Safi is an American Professor of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies at Duke University. He served as the Director of Duke Islamic Studies Center from July 2014 to June 2019 and was a columnist for On Being.[1] Dr. Safi specializes in Islamic mysticism (Sufism), contemporary Islamic thought and medieval Islamic history. He has served on the board of the Pluralism project at Harvard University and is the co-chair of the steering committee for the Study of Islam and the Islamic Mysticism Group at the American Academy of Religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgdd14ev7ak

he is a great guy.....

Reply #237 - March 11, 2020, 03:06 PM

HEROES, HERO-WORSHIP AND THE HEROIC IN HISTORY
    Thomas Carlyle
    Published by American Book Exchange, New York, 1881

Reply #238 - April 02, 2020, 03:57 PM

That book is written by dr. Muzaffar Iqbal .,  A Prolific writer on Islam . Originally from Pakistan and settled in Canada ., preaches/teaches in Canada  as well as in Malaysia.,  He started as Chemistry  graduate and moved in to Islam,  Islamic Science and Islamic theology .  You can download that ISLAMIC SCIENCE BOOK pdf life by clicking that  picture

Reply #239 - April 02, 2020, 07:41 PM

that  is a pdf file of The Arabic Hermes: From Pagan Sage to Prophet of Science (Oxford Studies in Late Antiquity) by Kevin van Bladel  2009 that is a good one to read.,  well click the picture and download pdf  file to read it....

• Previous page 1 ... 6 7 89 10 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »