Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: hello! i need some help

(Read 5758 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: hello! i need some help
     Reply #30 - March 02, 2012, 08:38 PM

Is going from Islam to xianity like jumping from the fire into the frying pan?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #31 - March 02, 2012, 09:25 PM

Hi Amina,

I understand your plight and have empathy for your situation.  I am an ex-muslim who went back to my original faith, after studying the  scriptures.   I embraced Islam young and was influnenced by muslims at school at a young age, all the way to college.  The only reason i embraced it, was i was weak  in my original faith.  Looking back now...I was told a pack of lies and falacies.  I took the time to study scripture in the bible and all the biblical prophecies that are coming to, and in the process with all the current events in the world.  I would urge you to study the the bible, and look into the teachings of Jesus, which the Quran lacks, and i beleive it lacks so much other evidences and has no real answers.  There are many like me, who have left Islam, but accepted it under false pretencies.

God bless you and keep you. Smiley

thank you, we'll see where where my future takes me! i'm not a christian though, i honestly don't know what religion i am at the moment. and to whoever suggested studying abroad that sounds amazing but i don't think my parents would be good with that. thank you to everyone who's said something in this thread and to all the nice people i've met on here, i appreciate it a lot!
     Reply #32 - March 02, 2012, 10:50 PM

The Bible is more wacky than the Quran - just read the Old Testament, it's littered with scientific and historical inaccuracies. Besides any religion that promises hell for not accepting their 'faith' isn't worth agonising over.

Reply #33 - March 03, 2012, 02:39 AM

man, I'm envious of people who were young, found cemb earlier in their life to make correct decision regarding their life, I wish I had found cemb earlier when I was in local uni.
    anyway aminaa,welcome to cemb though you're my senior. parrot
     Reply #34 - March 03, 2012, 07:06 AM

The Bible is more wacky than the Quran - just read the Old Testament, it's littered with scientific and historical inaccuracies. Besides any religion that promises hell for not accepting their 'faith' isn't worth agonising over.

This is true, but remember Christians don't follow the Old Testament (or shouldn't) that's ancient Hebrew stuff, the Christians just kind of included it in the Bible as just an intro that leads up to Jesus. =p But yeah  The Old Testament is just completely horrible, not to mention boring as shit. The one thing I appreciate is hell is never mentioned in the Old Testament/Bible ( need to confirm in the new testament I'm still reading), the Quran is very eager to remind us of 'Hell' 'Fire' every few pages to make sure you're paying attention ^_~ Jews who follow the Old Testament don't believe in hell-fire. It's a Christian/Islam thing.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #35 - March 03, 2012, 01:26 PM

and to whoever suggested studying abroad that sounds amazing but i don't think my parents would be good with that.

Well, you can always try. If it fails, it shouldn't cost you anything, so…

Including the Old Testament in the Bible was like the best idea ever. If they wanted to look like complete fools, that is grin12.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »