Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hamza Tzortzis vs Professor Pervez Hoodbhoy

(Read 39044 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Hamza Tzortzis vs Professor Pervez Hoodbhoy
     Reply #120 - March 03, 2012, 04:27 PM

@ Sprout:

Yeah that is why I am saying, Hamza gave an interesting speech in the beginning, never mind his the Quran is miraculous, I am strictly interested why didn't Prof. Hoodbhoy address the existance issue and refute Hamza on the Law giver premise he made, why didn't Prof. Hoodbhoy address it and tell him that it is impossible to prove there is a law giver especially a law giver that has written a book and so on if there is such a refutation of course.

I am now watching the rebuttal part of the debate.

I think prof. Pervez should have addressed Hamza and called on his bullshit where Hamza said that he is not gonna solder towards the God of Gaps argument and in the end he used the God of Gaps argument by trying to say that Science can't prove whence Gravity and Matter and that it is safe to assume that someone came up with Gravity as he already claimed that it was an Intelligent mind and a law giver.

I would have really wanted to see how prof. Hoodbhoy calls hamza on his god of the gaps who he disassociate himself from.

I agree on your second and third point completely.

@ Yeezeve:

Thanks bro Smiley.

About your highlighted part, that is what I mean too, that is what I wanted prof. Pervez to do, to address and call on Hamza's God of the Gap or Argument of COmposition or whatever Logical fallacy it was and refute his superficial unsubstantiated drivel.

Hamza acted like he knows there is a God if there is a law such as Gravity but he failed to explain how did he come to this conclusion and based on what evidence and I think prof. Hoodbhoy should have addressed this issue.

I am still watching the debate, now I will pause it and have to finish some unfinished work I left from yesterday and come back watch it again.

Reply #121 - March 03, 2012, 04:38 PM

About your highlighted part, that is what I mean too, that is what I wanted prof. Pervez to do, to address and call on Hamza's God of the Gap or Argument of COmposition or whatever Logical fallacy it was and refute his superficial unsubstantiated drivel.

Hamza acted like he knows there is a God if there is a law such as Gravity but he failed to explain how did he come to this conclusion and based on what evidence and I think prof. Hoodbhoy should have addressed this issue.

I am still watching the debate, now I will pause it and have to finish some unfinished work I left from tomorrow and come back watch it again.

Well you should  watch the debate fully also read this pdf file  of hamza.,

As far as the addressing.,"issue of God" is concerned   Professor   Hoodbhoy can not speak like an atheist in US of A., specially living in Pakistan., if   Professor   Hoodbhoy by chance says "all this God  thing that comes out of religious books is nonsense"., Then religious baboons in Pakistan will corner him and put a Fatwa on his head  saying that this guy is "Infidel"

So what Hoodbhoy  did was walk on a very tight rope and he has to do that  without hurting sentiments of Muslims and Mullahs in Pakistan , at the same time proving this England TORTILLA IS A FOOL knows nothing about Physics but  talks few big words that he  learned on internet..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #122 - March 03, 2012, 05:05 PM

that makes me think why did he want to debate Hamza when he couldn't fully address the issue in the first place.

He still didn't call Hamza's nonsense, he just argued how Religion shouldn't be with science and this and that but he didn't explain why it shouldn't be mixed with science and how did he defend Rationality through science ?

I don't know, I need to watch the rest of the debate, till now I am disappointed a bit, I expected a lot more from a scientist.

I expected him to refute Hamza's nonsense rationally and logically and not tell us why religion shouldn't be mixed with science, that is very irrelevant.

I expected him to logically refute Hamza's Law Giver Argument, and that THERE MUST BE AN INTELLIGENT MIND THAT CREATED THE UNIVERSE also by using physics to refute Hamza's claim about Infinity and the law of gravity and so on.

Reply #123 - March 03, 2012, 05:32 PM

that makes me think why did he want to debate Hamza when he couldn't fully address the issue in the first place.

ah ha!. that is bloody set up these buggers play., He is a very well known Physics Prof at LUMS., So some of his students(who are baboons)  conned him to debate with this guy.,  Hoodbhoy  could not say no to them., But he also  didn't know this character and his antics around the web..

He still didn't call Hamza's nonsense, he just argued how Religion shouldn't be with science and this and that but he didn't explain why it shouldn't be mixed with science and how did he defend Rationality through science ?

well Hoodbhoy has some limits in land of pure unlike Tortilla who is a guest over there..

I don't know, I need to watch the rest of the debate, till now I am disappointed a bit, I expected a lot more from a scientist.

I expected him to refute Hamza's nonsense rationally and logically and not tell us why religion shouldn't be mixed with science, that is very irrelevant.

I expected him to logically refute Hamza's Law Giver Argument, and that THERE MUST BE AN INTELLIGENT MIND THAT CREATED THE UNIVERSE also by using physics to refute Hamza's claim about Infinity and the law of gravity and so on.

That is all right .,

No one can debate these fools  on stage.,
      they jump from   Quran in English to  Quran in Arabic,    Embryology in Quran to Geology in Quran to  big bang theory in Quran.. and what not .. at the end they say

"you  don't understand my argument" you are not a Philosopher.,... may be that is because you are born in Muslim world ..... that could be the reason you hate Islam and Muslims..  

How can you argue with idiots talking  like that? that too in presence of Muslim crowd/students..??  The funny thing   is,  these fools know nothing about any fields of science they are arguing with,  including common sense. But they have  big mouth and  if the fool is born in west and western convert, he/she may have bit of that English accent by which they try to attract Muslim crowds of East.  

Anyways., some 4 year back this tortilla debated at FFI where I was very active Ali Floored the guy., unfortunately I can not find the complete debate..

Reply #124 - March 03, 2012, 06:15 PM

Because the debate was in Pakistan, let's also remember that Hoodbhoy couldn't have said half the things he would've liked to.  He had to be diplomatic, whereas Hamza had free rein say what he wanted as vociferously as he wanted.

Reply #125 - March 03, 2012, 06:31 PM

Because the debate was in Pakistan, let's also remember that Hoodbhoy couldn't have said half the things he would've liked to.  He had to be diplomatic, whereas Hamza had free rein say what he wanted as vociferously as he wanted.

That is why I strongly support written debates  with guys like Tortillas and Zakir Naiks and Hamza birds .,   Ali Sina  of FFI was  right ., with that short time available on stage and these guys are well prepared for an hour debate in presence of Muslim crowd, you can not upstage them.  In fact the crowd will get confused., On top of it with their Islamic antics and big mouth they just evade giving answers to rebuttals .,

That is the reason  Ali Sina of FFI always  restricted himself to written debates with whole lot of so-called Islamic intellectuals .,  off course there is an added advantage, a   big safety shield protecting anti-Islamic debater  on internet debates...  in home as well as on roads..

Unfortunately much of that Tortilla debate is missing.. he did come to ffi in 2006..

Reply #126 - March 03, 2012, 09:05 PM

Hamza's arguments are convoluted showmanship WLC wannabe garbage - IMO he was wise for not trying to tackle his gobbledegook.

Once you get sucked into the sophistry there's little chance of escape, they'll constantly pull philosophical bullscrap out of their ass. Check out the debate with PZ myers and the IERA - PZ was smart enough not to get sucked into Hamza's philosophical ramblings...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rNtEdptaY

Reply #127 - March 03, 2012, 09:06 PM

So what Hoodbhoy  did was walk on a very tight rope and he has to do that  without hurting sentiments of Muslims and Mullahs in Pakistan

That's the impression I got.
     Reply #128 - March 03, 2012, 09:41 PM

I think just as he lacks the expertise to make detailed arguments from cosmology, as we know from science that intuition is a poor guide to the fundamentals of reality, the same is true of his other topic, the "linguistic miracle".

He said even today on his facebook, "my very little knowledge of the arabic langauge"

To do such a thing as talking about all the amazing rhetorical devices etc. surely requires a far higher level of Arabic expertise. He is really just copying what Islamic authors have said and I doubt that he understands what he's claiming in any detail.

So he shouldn't talk about science, shouldn't talk about the "linguistic miracle". Why not retire?  Smiley
     Reply #129 - March 04, 2012, 12:53 AM

WOW, what an ending, what a shameless twat Hamza is.

Still I think Prof. Pervez could have done a better job with the debate by engaging with Hamza and refuting his mental masturbation, prof. Hoodbhoy did in the A&Q section refer to Hamza's Argument how u can't prove the existence of god through such kind of logic with Volteir's example but still he could have done a lot better.

Hamza is a cunt.

Reply #130 - March 04, 2012, 01:14 AM

Hamza is such a weasel.
    Why do people play his game?
    Ask him to show the process in the Koran instead of single words and he's dead. Hamza keeps afloat by quoting single words where he ascribes different meanings to them. Insist on a coherent step-by-step description of the process as can be found in the Koran and he's dead in the water.

-- Abdul Ala al-Ma'arri --
    There are two classes of men: intelligent men without religion and religious men without intelligence.
     Reply #131 - March 04, 2012, 01:40 PM

OK I watched the first 60 minutes of the debate, am I missing something or Hamza kind of did a better job than prof. Pervez Huh?

Prof. Pervez was just pointing out the foibles of religion and how religious people though the earthquake was caused by God or whatever, he never tried to refute Hamzas arguments who said that it is perfectly logical to assume there is a creator or law giver and so on.

Maybe I am not bright enough to get what professor Pervez is trying to convey but it seemed to me that he didn't address the issue well and he didn't try to make an argument in favor of Rationality.

I will go on watching the rest of the debate later, maybe he did a better job there.

Anyone who is ignorant doesn't know about cosmology and psychics will agree with you. However, I can tell you Hamza was owned numerous time because made logically flawed statements. He used the first cause argument or the prime-mover argument, that argument has already been shown to be erroneous by Hume and Kant. That's just basic philosophy 101. So, Hamza did not do a better job, Hamza was shown to be immature and ignorant.
     Reply #132 - March 04, 2012, 02:02 PM

Strum: I've already debunked Hamz's first cause argument on this forum why do you keep thinking it has some kind of validity? The Prof. is not going to waste his time debunking out-dated argument, frankly which philosophy theologians don't even use anymore. Hamza is 20/30 years behind the rest, with his debate with Dan Bakr, he was referring to the universe as the cosmos, without using the word cosmos, the cosmos has a broader-definition now, it can also include parallel universe etc. The cosmos can be infinite, but the universe finite but boundaryless.   

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=c87558b918e31dfb3b2fc58a9784bb94&topic=18884.0
     Reply #133 - March 04, 2012, 02:07 PM

Hi King Tut.

I think I have read in many places how those Ontological and Theological Arguments have been debunked, I didn't say Hamza was right or what Hamza said was true I just said that Prof. Hoodbhoy could have debunked him since these claims are already outdated and refuted.

Reply #134 - March 04, 2012, 05:29 PM

Hamza Tortilla and his   inimitable quran .. well read the link

The inability of any person to produce anything like the Qur’an, due to the uniqueness of its language, is the essence of the Qur’anic miracle. A miracle is defined as “events which lie outside the productive capacity of nature”. ................The argument posed by Muslim Theologians and Philosophers is that if, with the finite set of Arabic linguistic tools at humanity’s disposal, there has been no effective challenge to try and imitate the Qur'an, then providing a naturalistic explanation for the Qur’an’s uniqueness is not sufficient. This is because the natural capacity of any author is able to produce the varying expressions known in the Arabic language. The development of an entirely unique expression is beyond the scope of the productive nature of any author, hence a supernatural entity, God, is the only sufficient comprehensive explanation ..

Look at that definition and how foolish it is.. that is tortilla  way of making Quran as Miraculous  book..   Stupidity has NO LIMITS when it comes to proving Quran as the word of allah/god..whatever....

Reply #135 - March 04, 2012, 05:35 PM

Strum: I've already debunked Hamz's first cause argument on this forum why do you keep thinking it has some kind of validity? The Prof. is not going to waste his time debunking out-dated argument, frankly which philosophy theologians don't even use anymore. Hamza is 20/30 years behind the rest, with his debate with Dan Bakr, he was referring to the universe as the cosmos, without using the word cosmos, the cosmos has a broader-definition now, it can also include parallel universe etc. The cosmos can be infinite, but the universe finite but boundaryless.   

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=c87558b918e31dfb3b2fc58a9784bb94&topic=18884.0

Given any more thought to becoming more active on youtube with your counter-arguments Tut?

Maybe Dusty can persuade you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soZc8l2Fcn8
     Reply #136 - March 04, 2012, 05:56 PM

Do people want ads for unusual videos? Or do I assume everyone here is subscribed to the usual suspects?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoEqSvePDIM

Lemme know.

-- Abdul Ala al-Ma'arri --
    There are two classes of men: intelligent men without religion and religious men without intelligence.
     Reply #137 - March 04, 2012, 07:59 PM

Still I think Prof. Pervez could have done a better job with the debate by engaging with Hamza and refuting....................

I am following these debates for the past 10 years.,  no one including their Allah  can win debates with with these Islamic intellectuals on stage with 100s of Muslims cheer leading them., If the other is Muslim, he will have lot more  trouble to run through the mine fields

Here is how you debate with Hamza Tortilla type of Muslims., This debate of   Ali Sina Vs Hamza Tzortzis,  took place in 2006 and all of it is exchanged in written words..

http://www.faithfreedom.org/debates/HamzaTzortzis.htm   it is 10 parts read it all

Reply #138 - March 04, 2012, 08:33 PM

Given any more thought to becoming more active on youtube with your counter-arguments Tut?

Maybe Dusty can persuade you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soZc8l2Fcn8

The thing is, I am very crap at creating new videos. Most of the time I am on my laptop which is mainly used for surfing the web, and my desktop i used to have it for gaming, now my wife never gives me a chance to get on it.

I have the content, its just compiling the content into a good quality video, something like the rationlizer did. He was great in that aspect.
     Reply #139 - March 04, 2012, 09:10 PM

Just went and skimmed through that debate, Ali Sina that old dog, was a good writer. But I was confused for a little while when he was referring to himself as "us" in 3rd person. In anycase, well worth a read.
     Reply #140 - March 05, 2012, 12:03 AM

Just went and skimmed through that debate, Ali Sina that old dog, was a good writer. But I was confused for a little while when he was referring to himself as "us" in 3rd person. In anycase, well worth a read.

I guess you are talking about when he was trying to lecture   Hamza Tortilla "how to win debates with little background on the subject of the debate"..  Anyways  that was indeed a good debate..,  Well he is doing these things since 2000.. any one interested to  read all those old debates  go to  http://www.faithfreedom.org/debates.htm  that link is missing in new FFI., in this new FFI forum  format I have no idea where things are..

Reply #141 - March 05, 2012, 12:07 AM

I am following these debates for the past 10 years.,  no one including their Allah  can win debates with with these Islamic intellectuals on stage with 100s of Muslims cheer leading them., If the other is Muslim, he will have lot more  trouble to run through the mine fields

Here is how you debate with Hamza Tortilla type of Muslims., This debate of   Ali Sina Vs Hamza Tzortzis,  took place in 2006 and all of it is exchanged in written words..

http://www.faithfreedom.org/debates/HamzaTzortzis.htm   it is 10 parts read it all

thanks for posting this, i will make sure i read it, i like these types of debates.

I think no one can debate this suckers because there are many many loopholes in religion, especially in Islam.

Reply #142 - March 05, 2012, 12:21 AM

thanks for posting this, i will make sure i read it, i like these types of debates.

I think no one can debate this suckers because there are many many loopholes in religion, especially in Islam.

Well it is not loopholes in religion or Islam that is a problem., but it is safety problem.,  People can debate openly on stage with these fools, But   if you say the way you say on the internet .. Such as "Prophet of Islam as described by Muslims in Sunnah, hadith and Quran  was nothing but a criminal character., and there is absolutely  nothing new .. not even a one verse that is good in Qur'an which you can not find in other religion ..etc..etc.. "

Then you need a state protection Police protection and  watch your back all the time., On top of it some innocent people or some Embassies get burned by such words., So  why would any one want to  risk their life with wasting their time  and getting in to trouble??  this stuff  people can do safely on internet, until every country behaves like Saudi Arabia or Pakistan or Malaysia...

Plenty of people in west .. Such as  Dawkins, Sam Harris beat the hell out of Judaism and Christianity  without any trouble in Christian universities

Reply #143 - March 05, 2012, 09:27 PM

The thing is, I am very crap at creating new videos. Most of the time I am on my laptop which is mainly used for surfing the web, and my desktop i used to have it for gaming, now my wife never gives me a chance to get on it.

I have the content, its just compiling the content into a good quality video, something like the rationlizer did. He was great in that aspect.

Last time asking;

Sorry to go on dude, but I'd love to see as part of the anti-dawah crew on youtube...

I take you don't want to do a 'vanilla' vid straight from a webcam? You can add some effects or a photo slideshow with windows movie maker.
     Reply #144 - March 06, 2012, 12:39 AM

strangedude, I might do it not straight from the web-cam though and with a text to voice program I don't want my own voice on it for privacy reasons.

Reply #145 - March 06, 2012, 04:55 AM

I'd like to see you do videos too, Tut.

The decadence and mischief-making mask a bright, original mind.

I don't like disguised voices though.
     Reply #146 - March 06, 2012, 01:24 PM

strangedude, I might do it not straight from the web-cam though and with a text to voice program I don't want my own voice on it for privacy reasons.

Afro

http://www.screamingbee.com/product/MorphVOXJunior.aspx
     Reply #147 - March 06, 2012, 10:24 PM

Isn't it possible to "unmorph" the voice back to the original? I saw a video where someone did that to the Pak Falcons.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax7628__wek
  • Hamza Tzortzis vs Professor Pervez Hoodbhoy
     Reply #148 - September 29, 2014, 09:34 PM

he was supposed to be doing a talking in London next week, but it's not on the humanist site any more?
  • Hamza Tzortzis vs Professor Pervez Hoodbhoy
     Reply #149 - January 21, 2015, 08:09 PM

http://lecturelist.org/content/view_lecture/14402

Hoodbhoy doing a talk in London tomorrow Smiley
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »