Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi confused muslim here

(Read 13037 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Hi confused muslim here
     Reply #60 - January 12, 2012, 09:37 PM

another good place to start, the youtube channel "cembadmins"..  grin12
     Reply #61 - January 12, 2012, 09:39 PM

no worries ram, thanks. im sure i will enjoy my stay here. might take a little look in the chill out threads lol see what all the fuss is about. maybe i might try to just enjoy life too, go to a brothel or strip bar somethin. Kinda bothers me though, i dont think im the type of person who can just party at the weekend and work all week and one day realise im 70 years old and my life is over. it really bothers me. i feel there is more to life, like a purpose or way of fulfillment. does anyone else feel like that when they left islam or did you all mainly just kinda enjoy your new found freedom? Id really like to hear from everyone on these kind of issues. i have some atheists in my class but they believe there is no pusporse in life or you can make your own purpose in life, i guess i dont like that thought
     Reply #62 - January 12, 2012, 09:42 PM

im the sort of person who buys the build-it-yourself wardrobe and gets the instruction manual out, lays out all the bits in order and does it step by step. your the sort of person who says fuck it, throws away the manual and just builds the damn thing. Right? I think we just approach things differently. thanks for the advice though

You don't know what sort of person I am, so stop making comments out of ignorance. But then, ignorance is what most Muslims are living in.

As I previously stated, I did my research before leaving Islam. and it lasted nearly 2 years.

You're clearly only here to try and patronise members by insinuating that the only reason why some of us left Islam was contrary to evidence, logic, rational or intelligent thinking.

Reply #63 - January 12, 2012, 09:43 PM

these youtube accounts seem a pretty good place to start. I think I might spend some time watching through the vids. Please do keep posting more stuff if you have any, ill try get through it all. i think you guys will leave out all the proper hateful stuff though so maybe there is another forum where they are a little more hardcore against islam where i can get some additional resources? I remember there were a few ex muslim/ anti muslim forums, this is uslaly the first one on google and the others ones arent particularly busy. we'll see, thanks for the links everyone, the videos look interesting, ill let you know my thoughts on them after i finish watching through them.

Laterz everyone
     Reply #64 - January 12, 2012, 09:43 PM

another good place to start, the youtube channel "cembadmins"..  grin12

You mean this one? http://www.youtube.com/user/CEMBadmins  bunny

right, i see. i didnt realise you guys werent the hater types. that actually does surprise me to be honest, but i did make an assumption i guess as i thought people leaving a religion and then making an organisation for it would be active in posting leaflets through muslims doors with bad hadeeths and things lol. im sure i can still get some benefit from the forum. im interested to know more about the mindset of people who leave islam and compare it with people who leave other faiths and adopt others faiths too. i want to know if its just the same but different religion or if there are some differences. out of interest, are the majority of people here atheist?

Is there any forums which are active against islam because i think id like to talk with them also and maybe they will have alot of resources, i think you guys are more the types who just dont wanna have to get up at fajr lol

Oh FFS. Ok dude, you have totally blown it.

BS meter

So, if anyone makes a leaflet with bad hadiths they are haters? Really? But yet you really really want people to provide you with things that will refute Islam? And funnily enough, hey just yesterday Luthiel made a PDF for some leaflets after the idea started being kicked around. So are we, or are we not, haters now? Would this constitute "some benefit" from your point of view?

And of course you haven't managed to notice that there is absolutely stacks of discussion about Islam's flaws on this site, including some specific parts linked from the front page?

Troll. 100%. No doubt about it.  Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #65 - January 12, 2012, 09:45 PM

no worries ram, thanks. im sure i will enjoy my stay here. might take a little look in the chill out threads lol see what all the fuss is about. maybe i might try to just enjoy life too, go to a brothel or strip bar somethin. Kinda bothers me though, i dont think im the type of person who can just party at the weekend and work all week and one day realise im 70 years old and my life is over. it really bothers me. i feel there is more to life, like a purpose or way of fulfillment. does anyone else feel like that when they left islam or did you all mainly just kinda enjoy your new found freedom? Id really like to hear from everyone on these kind of issues. i have some atheists in my class but they believe there is no pusporse in life or you can make your own purpose in life, i guess i dont like that thought

its funny .. when i meet people who say that^^^.. assuming that people who don't believe in an "almighty" deity, are either lazy, only want to party..  or on the flip side really mad at something..  
    again your assumptions are getting ahead of you..
     Reply #66 - January 12, 2012, 09:46 PM

Yeah, he is. Let him live in ignorance all his life, he'll be the loser.
     Reply #67 - January 12, 2012, 09:46 PM

demba thats not what im saying. chill out man seriously. i know you said you researched for a long time, i will be honest, i dont particularly enjoy praying myself n am quite lazy in that regard, wanting to party n stop messing around waking up at 4 in the morning doesnt mean you dont do any research but its the richards dawkins style "there probabily is no god, so stop worrying and enjoy yourself" kind of outlook which isnt necessarily my outlook, although I am feeling some of his ARGUEMENTS I dont necessarily share his philosophy's and outlook.

seriously chill out man your proper hostile
     Reply #68 - January 12, 2012, 09:50 PM

Against the ruin of the world, there
    is only one defense: the creative act.

-- Kenneth Rexroth
     Reply #69 - January 12, 2012, 09:52 PM

That picture is gonna become a meme soon Grin

07:54 <harakaat>: you must be jema
    07:54 <harakaat>: considering how annoying you are
     Reply #70 - January 12, 2012, 09:52 PM

but its the richards dawkins style "there probabily is no god, so stop worrying and enjoy yourself" kind of outlook which isnt necessarily my outlook,

There is probably no God? No, I know that there is no God! So there's nothing for me to do except to live my life now. You're the one living in confusion, not me.

Reply #71 - January 12, 2012, 09:54 PM

you were the ones who termed it "hating" not me. I can honestly put my hands on my heart and say I never read no thread on leaflets on here in my life and no i wouldnt consider it to be hating, you've misunderstood me. if islam is false, you are right to combat islam and should put efforts into bringing more people away from it because there are some very dangerous and scary things about islam that dont bode well for modern society. but thats exactly what jihad watch does. its just an awareness site doing just that and you called it a "hate site". i dont understand the distinction between the two. im not condemning anyone. your all reading too much into my posts and are acting way too suspicious, if you really think im a trol then bugger off and leave me alone so i can talk to the sane people here who are able to simply provide some articles and youtube sites like some people have kindly done. as they say "dont feed the trool", if you think im a troll then just leave me alone and dont post in my thread. you dont like my posts yet feel compelled to still post here. what if i am a sincere muslim whos confused about some issues and you've just been proper suspicious and insulting. if it wasnt for the fact that i care only about the truth and not about rude insults you may have driven me away from here so why dont you watch what your saying to people. demba your right, i dont knkow you, and people know me eitehr so maybe they need to not be so judgemental, i really dont see much difference between certain posters here and people who follow organised religions
     Reply #72 - January 12, 2012, 09:55 PM

I think it's your gung-ho aggressive approach that make people suspect you're a troll. And Berbs is sharp as hell... but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

In regards to the question of meaning;

I agree with philosopher loyal rue; religion is a metanarrative that gives people inspiration, meaning and values. If you have a psychological need for a metanarrative (like I do), I'd propose religious naturalism.

Check out my sig...

Please get back to me on what you think.
     Reply #73 - January 12, 2012, 09:55 PM

ok demba, if your certain then i congratulate you on finding certainty in life. ill check back tomorrow to see if anyone else logged in who was able to resist making a big conversation out of this and simply posted up a few links
     Reply #74 - January 12, 2012, 10:03 PM

strangestdue that was some serious terminology you just threw at me lol. ill check your link. I dont like the idea that im making a purpose for myself because i need one though. do you think if we come to the conclusion that we have no purpose, that we shoudl still go ahead and make one anyway? Did you study phikosophy as you seem to be very knowledgable in this? Seriously when i think about existence and why we are here and purpose and origin of creation, it just blows my mind every time when i think about it, thats the truth. But there was probabily a time where someone sat there watching thingsdrops to the floor, and thinking how on earth does this object just drop to the floor? Im sure we can reach the big questions in life but it turns me insane when i try and think about it and get my head round it. is religious naturalism a movement or just an individual philosophy that some people adopt?

regarding my "gungho" approach, im not a patient person some times, when i ask for a straight answer and get pages and pages of chit chat i get irritated. also i get irritated when people dont get what im saying. which is why i prefer to talk with people who know where im coming from and see things the same way as me or at least are able to understand what im saying

btw the constant flicking of the comment bar up and down when you type when your message reaches a certain lenghth is really annoying.

i dont care about those who think im a troll of some sort although im interested to know what you actually mean by that and what you thinki i hope to gain by being here but im interested to talk philosophy and religion with those who get what im saying

the rest, if you think im a troll, perhaps your the troll, deliberately sending people away from the website??? How do i know your not the troll?
     Reply #75 - January 12, 2012, 10:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/user/philhellenes 
    yes i have to throw this at you too..
     Reply #76 - January 12, 2012, 10:09 PM

strangest due, i tried watching the youtube clip but couldnt get any sound, it appeared to be a lot of natural things like rivers and lakes, and it also appears to be an attempted to bridge the gap between not actually believing in any sort of supernatural existences or occurences and still having some philosophy and understanding. im short on time now but im gonn a give it a proper read later as im quite interested to see how this achieves it in more detail. Definitely i think atheism itself raises some questions that I woudlnt feel comfortable to leave unanswered such as how do we define right and wrong, what is our purpose in life, and other such questions. if i come to the conclusion that there is no god, i think id like to learn more about atheist philosophies so if you know of any others then please post them also, i think it would make for interesting reading.
     Reply #77 - January 12, 2012, 10:11 PM

there are no set rules for atheism.. it's not a religion.. or a conspiracy for that matter..
    the question is why does one believe in religion.. maybe a great place for you to start would be how religions started.. yes
     Reply #78 - January 12, 2012, 10:13 PM

i remember reading once that the first verse of the qur'an has a spelling error. Does anyone have an article or know anything about that?

I referenced this in the second post in this thread!  Google the names in that posting and you will have most of the names that matter.

And btw, if you are at university, I can't see that your research skills are that good.  

And I think you will find your answer to me about hell is not accepted by Islamic scholars.  Are you actually a muslim?  What country are you in?

Also google Leyton Mosque Evolution.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #79 - January 12, 2012, 10:15 PM

thanks for the link. its getting late so i have to go but am gonna get through the links n vids n get back to you guys soon. there is quite a lot to wtach so ill try get through it n then we can talk some more. i would say though, that if nature is a part of our spirituality then surely we should be quite keen preserve it and work for the preservation of the earth as an objective in life. i know that most natural resources are going to run out soon such as lithium, gold, iron, other essential materials, some of which only have another 20 years of life at current consumption and to be honest, even if i become atheist, i dont think i would adopt a mainstream outlook because i think its strange that we are in such trouble in terms of resources, pollution etc yet we churn out masses of crisp wrappers, ipods, throw away hge amounts of food everyday. i still think i will have a pretty radical outlook on life because i dont see the mainstream as having got it right and i think we're headed for destruction and it seems to be the elephant in the room. do you believe we will be watching widescreens and living like normal in 20 years time or 50 years time? I wonder about these things to be honest
     Reply #80 - January 12, 2012, 10:25 PM

moi, in university, research is not considered to be googling things. we are required to get four types of sources e.g. an official website, a book, a journal and a magazine and reference them. we are discouraged from googling or goign on wikipedia but either way, its not hard to go on google and type in "is islam the true releigion" or something but i felt that i might overlook a lot of things and as people invovled in this scene for a long time that you guys would have a huge amount of resources and website lists and know the ones with good layouts and lots of info so felt asking for lists of sites woudl be better than googling

by islamic standards i woudlnt be considered muslim as im having doubts about islam and even god's existence but the way my mind works is kinda strange and i think very deeply, i may possibly be autistic as my teachers at a level suggested and im a pretty mean chess player which may explain some things. but i come from an islamic background, and to be honest, the muslim community irritate me a lot, and there are some very worrying things i read sometimes in the hadeeth, like sahaba deciding to sleep with women after a battle and things that really put doubts in my mind and i dont like being a muslim in doubt, i just want to get to the bottom of everything. sorry admittedly your post was long so i didnt read past the spanish bit but will go back and read. which answer isnt accepted by islamic scholars and i know about leyton masjid, its famous amongst the muslim community, and im a regular guardian reader and it was well publicised there.

im in uk

although im in doubt, i dont feel comfortable to take the plunge yet and say im not muslim because i do have something inside me that says maybe it is true and some things do sit well with me like society being better without alcohol and gambling, which only muslims seem to advocate so i guess im just confused at the moment and wish to do some soul searching
     Reply #81 - January 12, 2012, 10:26 PM

Btw, have a parrot!   parrot

and google Flying spaghetti monster, pirates, global warming, verganza.

Has anyone suggested Ayaan Hirsi Ali Submission, and Satanic Verses?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #82 - January 12, 2012, 10:28 PM

lol satanic verses is fiction.. well. then again so is 'allah'  grin12
     Reply #83 - January 12, 2012, 10:30 PM

moi is that a genuine suggestion lol?
     Reply #84 - January 12, 2012, 10:30 PM

strangestdue that was some serious terminology you just threw at me lol. ill check your link. I dont like the idea that im making a purpose for myself because i need one though. do you think if we come to the conclusion that we have no purpose, that we shoudl still go ahead and make one anyway? Did you study phikosophy as you seem to be very knowledgable in this?

Pop philosophy  Smiley and I'm not knowledgeable. It's just meaning is something that's very important to me. Sorry to throw the terminology here's a vid explaining more;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH493NsM31Y

Religious naturalism is a personal metanarrative that people adopt or create.

Regarding the search for 'absolute truth/purpose' etc, Richard Feynman answers it best IMO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YltEym9H0x4

(Sorry I'm a youtube nut, and the vids will explain things more eloquently than I can, and I highly highly recommend the youtube channel Ness linked. Check out the channel page reading list.)
     Reply #85 - January 12, 2012, 10:32 PM

you were being serious lol thats hilarious
     Reply #86 - January 12, 2012, 10:34 PM

nessriin satanic verses isnt all fiction. i saw a debate between a christian and a muslim and the christian guy was saying that in some early biographies, there was an incident where a devil supposedly gave verses to the prophet and he thought it was verses from Allah saying its ok to worship idols. it mentioned in some early biographies i believe. i cant remember which ones
     Reply #87 - January 12, 2012, 10:34 PM

btw the constant flicking of the comment bar up and down when you type when your message reaches a certain lenghth is really annoying.

Then stop using IE8 and get a decent browser. Microsoft shouldn't have released a browser that couldn't handle standard textareas.

Alternatively, put IE8 in compatibility mode for any sites you have that problem on. That will make it handle textareaas like IE7 (which, amazingly enough, got it right).

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #88 - January 12, 2012, 10:35 PM

how do i change the settings osmanthus?
     Reply #89 - January 12, 2012, 10:39 PM

the minute you said "the devil" .. it became fiction  grin12..
    (Sorry I'm a youtube nut, and the vids will explain things more eloquently than I can, and I highly highly recommend the youtube channel Ness linked. Check out the channel page reading list.)

you and me both strangestdude  yes and for sure philhellenese is a keeper, and a friend..  Afro
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »