Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: The role of women in Islam

(Read 1768 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The role of women in Islam
     OP - January 04, 2012, 06:49 AM

Reading around here, I gain the impression that Islam is felt to be a male dominated religion.  But I wonder if it is getting a lot of support from women that is unacknowledged.  Let me explain.

My mum came to London with her sisters around 1940 from South Wales to work in the war factories.  Many women did similar, taking real responsibility in many areas.  Post war these women lost their jobs to the returning men, and during the late 40's to 50's the image was of mum at home with the kids and dad at work.  Interestingly, East Germany had loads of day nurseries...

It was really the daughters of these mums who led the revolution of the sixties, with the pill, mini skirt and women's lib.  But their mum's had paved the way, sowed the seeds, although they lost their battles.

I gain the impression that many many Muslim women first have never had a proper education, have never worked outside their families, and have never experienced the total upheavals of life that war causes.

They do not have the experience to grow the seeds of change in their children.

A while back I was at a parliamentary meeting about the Somali community, and an older woman stood up and spoke in favour of female genital mutilation.  I know this is an extreme example but it happened.  I am reading here of mums reciting hadith.

What am I saying?  If you truly want a revolution target the mothers and grandmothers.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Re: The role of women in Islam
     Reply #1 - January 04, 2012, 08:34 AM

Reading around here, I gain the impression that Islam is felt to be a male dominated religion.  But I wonder if it is getting a lot of support from women that is unacknowledged.  Let me explain.

moi you are wrong all over and I have the right to explain you where you are wrong..

I gain the impression that many many Muslim women first have never had a proper education, have never worked outside their families, and have never experienced the total upheavals of life that war causes.

Well that is MALE RASCALS interpreting Quran to suit there obsession and control on women folk..

................What am I saying?  If you truly want a revolution target the mothers and grandmothers.

Nope I want you to target all 15 to 17 year old girls.. make sure they learn boxing and make sure they get education and reservation for Jobs ina ll Islamic countries..  Those men who cook in the home should get minimum wages  from the Govt

And I want all women folks be Muslims WITHOUT BURKHAS .. without interference  by dick heads and with college degrees + full freedom to express themselves... Off course the meaning of "Muslim" is different from what you read In Islam and male preachers..

I think the actual meaning of Islam is "Submissin" Forcing Allah to submit to the will of People specially women folk who use golden rule to live their life.. So Muslim is defined "as the person with free will with simple one senstence GOLDEN RULE to guide his/her life and who forces Allah to submit to him/her"

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »