Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Google Brought Me Here- HEY!

(Read 11566 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Google Brought Me Here- HEY!
     OP - December 26, 2011, 01:28 AM

Hello Everyone,

Luckily, I have a very supportive mother who is a doubting Muslim so I haven’t endured many hardships like many of you have. However, she comes from a religious family (from her father’s side) and they’re really irritating, although most of them are lovely people considering their background and the environment they’ve grown in. Of course, they’re really religious and very narrow-minded, and they shun away all those questions that can lead them to "straying away from the right path", and they replace them with, “Allah knows best". LOL, do you know what I mean?

Fortunately, I don’t have many of them around where I reside so I’m good.  Afro

My father is quite an oblivious Muslim, he prays I think when he wants to, he’s a very good man, and I love him to bits and pieces. He’s not religious, it’s more of a traditional/routine thing for him, but he just has this innate quality that makes him a good man, and he can’t harbor hatred like all most of the Muslim men I’ve seen. He ACTUALLY wanted to have a daughter, and he’s glad he doesn’t have any sons (I’m the only child), so I consider myself VERY lucky. I don’t have similar experiences to many other Muslims who’ve left Islam, because my mother has been really loving and would care less if I left it.

So, I like to read, listen to music, bake, and I like to be compassionate. I only believe in love right now, and finding proof about God is just an aimless endeavor, because I know I will always doubt organized religions. I do believe in some supernatural deity or whatever that’s created everything, but I’m not sure if he/she/it is evil or good. I sometimes think evil and good are human made concepts, but I’m never sure about anything, and I’m tired of searching for answers—because I may just be wasting my life.

Therefore, I’m just going to love humans to the best of my ability and bring forth some positive change into our world because it really is f***ed up. If there is a God or if there isn’t doesn’t concern me as much. If we all just look at what is right now, and if we all try to put some effort into the betterment of the world then we might as well make heaven here on earth.

Yeah, I’m quite idealistic and I guess I’m a humanist.  grin12

I hope to know all of you here, and  thnkyu for reading this. It was quite long I know.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.~Albert Einstein

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws. ~Plato
  • Re: Google Brought Me Here- HEY!
     Reply #1 - December 26, 2011, 01:46 AM

hello and welcome to the forum Smiley great intro read, I really enjoyed it Smiley hope you enjoy your stay here and have a  parrot

I think a lot of us were brought here by google. Verily google guides whom it wills!

Reply #2 - December 26, 2011, 01:48 AM

Welcome, welcome! Here's your customary band of Salivating Semites: Jew

Might one ask how old you are, and where you are from? Feel free not to answer.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #3 - December 26, 2011, 01:57 AM

Hi there  Smiley I think a lot of us were brought here by google. Verily google guides whom it wills! Have a parrot  parrot

Welcome!
     Reply #4 - December 26, 2011, 02:04 AM

hello and welcome to the forum Smiley great intro read, I really enjoyed it Smiley hope you enjoy your stay here and have a  parrot

Thanks for the welcoming, and I hope I enjoy this forum. Are there an orthodox muslims creeping around here and trolling, just wondering  Huh?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.~Albert Einstein

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws. ~Plato
     Reply #5 - December 26, 2011, 02:09 AM

Welcome!  parrot

Google FTW!

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #6 - December 26, 2011, 02:11 AM

hi! i am a believer in love as well.

google-u-akbar
     Reply #7 - December 26, 2011, 02:14 AM

ive learned its best never to bother discussing islam with those kinda people since the only answer they give is allah knows best and you cant exactly make a rational reply to an answer thats above reason  wacko

I use variations of this:

1. Allah expects us to come to the conclusion that Islam is the right religion
    2. To come to this conclusion, we need to evaluate Islam's claims
    3. This cannot be done if the justifications for certain claims "exist" but are only known to Allah

This also works with the common argument that "the human mind is limited and cannot grasp these concepts." I'd say something like "You'd expect me to dismiss the claims of Hinduism or Christianity on a rational basis -- why would you hold the claims of Islam to a different standard?"

It's a bit tricky to do when you're pretending to be a Muslim, though. Merely implying that Islam and other religions are equivalent can offend some Muslims.

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #8 - December 26, 2011, 02:16 AM

google-u-akbar

http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #9 - December 26, 2011, 02:17 AM

subhanalgoogle.
     Reply #10 - December 26, 2011, 02:21 AM

Welcome, welcome! Here's your customary band of Salivating Semites: Jew [
    Might one ask how old you are, and where you are from? Feel free not to answer.

LOL @the dancing semites. I couldn't possibly imagine them dancing together in real life, without some kind of explosion. Although, they do share much in common like hatred towards the  piggy.  Cry I feel for the piggies out there in muslim nations. I'm not sure if this is true, but apparently Egypt had a pig massacre.

I'm quite young, and I'm wondering if I may be the youngest on this forum. I'm just seventeen, but I feel isolated when I'm around my age group because I can't quite relate to them. Maybe I'm a loony?  wacko

My background is quite mixed. I have some jewish in me, some arab, some english, but I'm predominately Persian/Afghani.

dance Can't wait to get to know you guys!

Reply #11 - December 26, 2011, 02:22 AM

welcome, I think I found this place via google too  cheers

lucky you madam, its nice to see people being accepted by their families for a change  Afro

yup I  know exactly what you mean, my folks are like that and ive learned its best never to bother discussing islam with those kinda people since the only answer they give is allah knows best and you cant exactly make a rational reply to an answer thats above reason  wacko

Google is amazing, isn't it? I don't bother with them anymore too, well actually I just never see them anymore. LOL

I pity them though, for they may just have one life and they're wasting it away. :(

Reply #12 - December 26, 2011, 02:25 AM

lucky girl, I love chocolate too

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
     Reply #13 - December 26, 2011, 02:26 AM

Hi there  Smiley I think a lot of us were brought here by google. Verily google guides whom it wills! Have a parrot  parrot

Welcome!

Thanks for the parrot. I don't like birds though, because I don't find their voices appealing, although many do. Perhaps, I'm tone deaf?  wacko

Do you have anything better to offer?  Tongue

Reply #14 - December 26, 2011, 02:26 AM

google-u-akbar

Glad to find a likeminded person. Word!

Reply #15 - December 26, 2011, 02:28 AM

Welcome!  parrot

Google FTW!

Thanks for the welcome.

Reply #16 - December 26, 2011, 02:29 AM

Believe it or not, I had a feeling you were seventeen Tongue I'm seventeen as well.

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #17 - December 26, 2011, 02:37 AM

I use variations of this:

1. Allah expects us to come to the conclusion that Islam is the right religion
    2. To come to this conclusion, we need to evaluate Islam's claims
    3. This cannot be done if the justifications for certain claims "exist" but are only known to Allah

This also works with the common argument that "the human mind is limited and cannot grasp these concepts." I'd say something like "You'd expect me to dismiss the claims of Hinduism or Christianity on a rational basis -- why would you hold the claims of Islam to a different standard?"

It's a bit tricky to do when you're pretending to be a Muslim, though. Merely implying that Islam and other religions are equivalent can offend some Muslims.

I wasn’t raised in barriers and constrictions that most Muslim youngsters have been raised in, and so I’m much more vocal because I don’t have that fear within me.

"You'd expect me to dismiss the claims of Hinduism or Christianity on a rational basis -- why would you hold the claims of Islam to a different standard?"

I’m sure you know the answer for this one. “Because Islam is the truth, and the Quran is a miracle from Allah. We do not question it because as humans our knowledge is limited, and we can never grasp the ways of Allah.”

You can’t really say much to that, can you?

Reply #18 - December 26, 2011, 02:39 AM

Believe it or not, I had a feeling you were seventeen Tongue I'm seventeen as well.

You're psychic! That's just damn scary. What are you a seer or a prophet?

Tongue So where do you chat from?

Reply #19 - December 26, 2011, 02:40 AM

I might as well convert to googilism. It seems like the most rational religion out there right now.

Reply #20 - December 26, 2011, 02:41 AM

most of the people here are in the 16-25 age range.. I think there was even a 12 year old a while ago so dont worry you fit right in    grin12

just noticed subhanallah  Cheesy

12? Wow. That kid must be either a genius, or he's just angry at his parents for not letting him eat bacon like his peers.

Reply #21 - December 26, 2011, 02:44 AM

I should totally write a new holy book and start a religion, shouldn't I?

And, I'm Algerian, but I live in one of the Gulf countries. Smiley

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #22 - December 26, 2011, 02:45 AM

most of the people here are in the 16-25 age range.. I think there was even a 12 year old a while ago so dont worry you fit right in    grin12

Sunbul?

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #23 - December 26, 2011, 02:48 AM

I should totally write a new holy book and start a religion, shouldn't I?

And, I'm Algerian, but I live in one of the Gulf countries. Smiley

Sure, I googled this for you. http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Religion

Best of luck!  Tongue

I had an Algerian teacher once who was my Science teacher, and was an ex-muslim.

It must be warm where you are. It's frigid cold here. GAH! I hate Canada's climate. :(

Reply #24 - December 26, 2011, 02:48 AM

I’m sure you know the answer for this one. “Because Islam is the truth, and the Quran is a miracle from Allah. We do not question it because as humans our knowledge is limited, and we can never grasp the ways of Allah.”

You can’t really say much to that, can you?

What I meant was, when someone says something like that, that "we do not question it because as humans our knowledge is limited, and we can never grasp the ways of Allah", you could use that argument. If they retort with "Because Islam is the truth", you point out that they're assuming the conclusion.

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #25 - December 26, 2011, 02:52 AM

12? Wow. That kid must be either a genius, or he's just angry at his parents for not letting him eat bacon like his peers.

Sunbul left Islam when she was 12, but she joined this forum at the age of 16. She's 16 now. Her birthday is next month.

And yeah, she's pretty special Tongue

However, she likes to quip that she left left Islam at 12 for "punk rock and tits".

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #26 - December 26, 2011, 02:53 AM

Thanks for the parrot. I don't like birds though, because I don't find their voices appealing, although many do. Perhaps, I'm tone deaf?  wacko

Do you have anything better to offer?  Tongue

The parrot is customary to new users, however I can offer you this super cool bunny bunny However, it may be frowned upon as I am breaking sacred cemb tradition here.
     Reply #27 - December 26, 2011, 02:55 AM

Sure, I googled this for you. http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Religion

Best of luck!  Tongue

I had an Algerian teacher once who was my Science teacher, and was an ex-muslim.

It must be warm where you are. It's frigid cold here. GAH! I hate Canada's climate. :(

Thanks! And, regarding the Algerian teacher -- that's awesome!

And yes, it's pretty warm, by Canadian standards Tongue Speaking of Canada, I've applied to McGill, so I might be moving to Montréal next year!

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #28 - December 26, 2011, 02:56 AM

lol or just very very lucky to for seeing the light so early on.

Not sure if it's a good thing, though. I feel imprisoned in my home and country as an ex-Muslim. I'm pretty glad I apostatized relatively recently (last year.)

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #29 - December 26, 2011, 03:04 AM

Yeah, apostasy does have its perks Tongue