Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Stress management & relaxation techniques

(Read 11135 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Stress management & relaxation techniques
     Reply #30 - June 17, 2012, 05:46 AM

online shopping,
    I'm no expert, a good ole vibe count as a bot to meh.

anyway for the op,
    riding a bike, takin pictures of nature, there's something about em, nature, I just feel I could blend in, for example a piece of wood or tree stump at a lake shore, starin and lookin, it's hypnotizing you, the quietness, simplicity yet intricate

and no I'm not doing any shroom when it's happen  Cheesy
     Reply #31 - June 17, 2012, 06:12 AM

Where have you been?
    Run up on hard times again?
    Or just been blending in with nature and forget how long you've been away?

Anyhow glad to see you here.  far away hug

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #32 - June 18, 2012, 06:44 AM

^_^
    I'm here and there, a tree, a stump,
    a nobody care, a nobody trump,
    a nobody is me, a nobody is my mom,
    did someone just said' ur mom'?

doing whatever, for whatever that I think I care ,
    to make the day look for me a bit if not, a lil bit fair,

off me parents ome making me own lair,
    me is me, is me own affair,
    me living off on me, on me own cursed welfare,
    procreate not, worry not,
    disease is my own, I tend to be alone,

don't worry,
    for me I live, and I rest,
    just don't make me think, me think I'm a pest,

teople do have, their own living, that is a mess,
    facing tomorrow on their own, a mustering zest ,
    and maybe with a lil crooked on teh side, that is called a jest.

worry not, dig deep not, it is just me,
    just me trying to rhyme,
    filling me own perception,
    I called it sometime,
    if I'm being lame,
    forgive meh, spank me butt I won't be ashamed
    as far as I know human in itself is lame.

Relaxation techniques fer imsomania

Progressive Relaxation

This technique is often most useful when you tape the instructions beforehand. You can tape these instructions, reading them slowly and leaving a short pause after each one or listen to the progressive muscle relaxation track on our "Falling Asleep" CD.
    Lie on your back, close your eyes.

Feel your feet. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and sink into the bed. Start with your toes and progress to your ankles.

Feel your knees. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.

Feel your upper legs and thighs. Feel their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.

Feel your abdomen and chest. Sense your breathing. Consciously will them to relax. Deepen your breathing slightly and feel your abdomen and chest sink into the bed.

Feel your buttocks. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.

Feel your hands. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.

Feel your upper arms. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.

Feel your shoulders. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.

Feel your neck. Sense its weight. Consciously relax it and feel it sink into the bed.

Feel your head and skull. Sense its weight. Consciously relax it and feel it sink into the bed.

Feel your mouth and jaw. Consciously relax them. Pay particular attention to your jaw muscles and unclench them if you need to. Feel your mouth and jaw relax and sink into the bed.

Feel your eyes. Sense if there is tension in your eyes. Sense if you are forcibly closing your eyelids. Consciously relax your eyelids and feel the tension slide off the eyes.

Feel your face and cheeks. Consciously relax them and feel the tension slide off into the bed.

Mentally scan your body. If you find any place that is still tense, then consciously relax that place and let it sink into the bed.

Toe Tensing

This one may seem like a bit of a contradiction to the previous one, but by alternately tensing and relaxing your toes, you actually draw tension from the rest of the body. Try it!
    Lie on your back, close your eyes.
    Sense your toes.
    Now pull all 10 toes back toward your face. Count to 10 slowly.
    Now relax your toes.
    Count to 10 slowly.
    Now repeat the above cycle 10 times.

Deep Breathing

Listen to the deep breathing track on our "Falling Asleep" CD.

By concentrating on our breathing, deep breathing allows the rest of our body to relax itself. Deep breathing is a great way to relax the body and get everything into synchrony. Relaxation breathing is an important part of yoga and martial arts for this reason.
    Lie on your back.

Slowly relax your body. You can use the progressive relaxation technique we described above.

Begin to inhale slowly through your nose if possible. Fill the lower part of your chest first, then the middle and top part of your chest and lungs. Be sure to do this slowly, over 8 to 10 seconds.

Hold your breath for a second or two.

Then quietly and easily relax and let the air out.

Wait a few seconds and repeat this cycle.

If you find yourself getting dizzy, then you are overdoing it. Slow down.

You can also imagine yourself in a peaceful situation such as on a warm, gentle ocean. Imagine that you rise on the gentle swells of the water as you inhale and sink down into the waves as you exhale.

You can continue this breathing technique for as long as you like until you fall asleep.

Guided Imagery

Listen to the guided imagery track on our "Falling Asleep" CD. In this technique, the goal is to visualize yourself in a peaceful setting.
    Lie on your back with your eyes closed.

Imagine yourself in a favorite, peaceful place. The place may be on a sunny beach with the ocean breezes caressing you, swinging in a hammock in the mountains or in your own backyard. Any place that you find peaceful and relaxing is OK.

Imagine you are there. See and feel your surroundings, hear the peaceful sounds, smell the flowers or the barbecue, fell the warmth of the sun and any other sensations that you find. Relax and enjoy it.

You can return to this place any night you need to. As you use this place more and more you will find it easier to fall asleep as this imagery becomes a sleep conditioner.

Some patients find it useful to visualize something boring. This may be a particularly boring teacher or lecturer, co-worker or friend.

Quiet Ears

Listen to the quiet ears track on our "Falling Asleep" CD.
    Lie on your back with your eyes closed.
    Place your hands behind your head. Make sure they are relaxed.
    Place your thumbs in your ears so that you close the ear canal.
    You will hear a high-pitched rushing sound. This is normal.
    Listen to this sound for 10-15 minutes.
    Then put your arms at your sides, actively relax them and go to sleep.

http://www.umm.edu/sleep/relax_tech.htm#a

p.s: hugs could pimp you into sex, zizo said so

JUST KIDDDINGGGG
    bwaha bwaha haha
     Cheesy
     Reply #33 - June 18, 2012, 09:48 AM

Pub gardens.
     Reply #34 - June 21, 2012, 12:54 AM

What I've found is the more you align your actions with your values (This was what Stephen Convoy's book suggested) it elevates your stress considerably, because deep down you know your core values. Mine are being honest, hard working, making good use of my time, learning new things, constructively contributing I know these things, deep rooted in me, yet I stray from them. This misalignment which then results in all other outcomes and is the cause of great internal distress. A mind splitting in two..

Also I think there are people in your life who may have a good heart and intentions, but they're not right for your life. Those are the hardest to recognise, especially since you become biased towards them, but again I think these are things people can recognise at a deeper level yet suppress such ideas. It is good to create boundaries and limit yourself with things, sometimes you have to make cruel choices, but it's also good to know where to set those lines and how to adjust them at times.

At one time I was discussing friends with someone I knew at university, and I said something like 'friends aren't so important, they come and go, and your friends won't be the ones sitting your exams for you...' To which he responded saying I'm so wrong on this. Of course I was, but it's about finding a balance, I was too much towards one end at that time, he was towards the other.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #35 - June 21, 2012, 02:58 AM

Very good points Stardust.

I very much liked actions agreeing with core values.
    And having a  balanced view.

Sometimes we think or might think we have to compromise to get a long in a situation well this causes stress. Staying true to our values is important.  That however doesn't mean inflicting our ideas and values. On other. Just staying true to ourselves

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #36 - August 20, 2012, 03:21 PM

Very good points Stardust.

I very much liked actions agreeing with core values.
    And having a  balanced view.

Sometimes we think or might think we have to compromise to get a long in a situation well this causes stress. Staying true to our values is important.  That however doesn't mean inflicting our ideas and values. On other. Just staying true to ourselves

Yes, not imposing, but making the choices for yourself that you *know* are right and good, and following through with actions.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #37 - August 22, 2012, 12:37 PM

good thread...

Reply #38 - November 09, 2012, 03:55 AM

I find this music very soothing and helps to relax me when I'm feeling tense. There's variation in the music throughout the video, there are some parts I prefer more than others. Good overall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wbC2n-9FKI&feature=related

• Stress management & relaxation techniques
     Reply #39 - February 18, 2013, 10:25 AM

I think making posters and putting them around you is really good, I never was one to put things on the wall, but I lately I've found it therapeutic particularly after a self revelation you get or the sort. It reminds you of things, especially if you write in big and bold letters and put a few words up. Positive words, words to encourage you, give you a boost in confidence.

Posters of things that you're passionate about is another thing that could be done to remember what things make you feel alive.

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »