Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Scientific racism

(Read 1419 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Scientific racism
     OP - December 17, 2011, 04:37 AM

I know this topic has been listed as psuedoscientific but I see a lot of the non-likeable type using stuff that comes under this category. What are your thoughts? I know that Stephen Jay Gould spoke out against it and it might be in the book titled 'The Mismeasure of Man' but what eloquent argument is out there? (not implying that none exists, I just don't know of any) I mean, the kind of eloquence you'd see in Demon Haunted World against psuedoscience and ignorance. I don't know whether this has been discussed or not and what the conclusions are on the nature and nurture debate alongside what it might contribute towards criminology and ethnicities.

"I measured the skies, now the shadows I measure,
    Sky-bound was the mind, earth-bound the body rests."
    [Kepler's epitaph]
  • Re: Scientific racism
     Reply #1 - December 17, 2011, 07:08 AM

Biologically there is very very little difference among Homo sapiens, everyone isnt just the same species....they are the same sub species (Homo sapiens sapiens). Any "racial science" is hokum, as there is slim to no actual support for a biological concept of "race".

Ethnicity is not biological, it is a cultural construct (while race is also, race implies a biological factor). You can actually even choose you ethnicity if you'd like to. If you are looking for trends there, they will be cultural (for example Chinese people dont like rice because there is an actual biological factor that promotes their rice eating.....) 

So I guess what I'm saying is, its not scientific from the get go, because the premise is faulty.

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »