Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: dawah films responding to TheRationalizer's flat earth video

(Read 28787 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: dawah films responding to TheRationalizer's flat earth video
     Reply #90 - December 26, 2011, 07:15 AM

Nonsense. I never said any such thing or believed any such thing. In fact, the video presented in this topic (which I made) clearly states the opposite. So either you are lying or you're ignorant of my actual position, which in such a case, you shouldn't be speaking about it.

I don't think it is nonsense at all, you defending the Quran about the "scientific" miracles whatever it means.

You trying to say the Quran is not wrong about the "scientific" miracles which automatically implies if it is not wrong it is right and it is a scientific miracle.

I don't know who is dishonest, the ones shifting the meaning of words or the ones stating the obvious.

Just because you accuse me of being dishonest won't make u more honest about your dishonesty.

Im pretty sure the Qur'an says the Earth is spherical.

That still doesn't make the earth round.

I am pretty sure the Quran says the earth is flat and every translation prior to this modern Apologetics clearly says the Earth is flat.

you won't be able to prove the earth is spherical without shifting the meaning of the word or giving it a new meaning which is a very common phenomenon among apologetics.

it is weird how there is not even a single verse that refers to the earth as sphere, every single one of them compares it to SPREAD OUT, LIKE CARPET, LIKE BED etc etc...

Your holy perfect Quran could in one word say it clearly IT IS SPHERICAL or IT IS ROUND LIKE A BALL or whatever.
    As indicated in the video I made, I do not agree with Zakir Naik or Harun Yahaha.

Both of them are nut jobs, especially Harun yahya, his ignorance will hurt your brain.

If that is ur base of facts and arguments then it is pretty clear what we are talking about.

PROVE YOUR POSITION ALREADY AND QUIT THE MENTAL ACROBATICS AND BEATING IT AROUND THE BUSH

Reply #91 - December 26, 2011, 09:55 AM

And what would have been the "good way" to go about all this?

Do nothing?

Yeah, don't do anything. Ever.
     Reply #92 - December 26, 2011, 12:15 PM

D, its Islamic mythology, it's no true. Do you really think this repetitive and boring book has magical powers? Believe you me, I used to say to myself (when I was a Muslim) I think I was about 18, that I will believe in Islam even if it is false. I remember I actually used to hate going to the masjid, after school at 4pm we used to go to the masjid till 7pm we recite a pointless Arabic lang which to me as a Pakistani had no cultural meaning, I found it boring and non- elegant the poetry of Bulleh Shah would make it look pale in comparison. The Arabic/Islamic culture was so inferior to my own Pakistani/Punjabi culture I couldn't imagine how anyone could say the Qu'ran was amazing.

Translated by Shuman Kashyap The blossoming of love is strange and wondrous!

When I acquired the knowledge of love, I dreaded the mosque. I fled to my Lords dwelling, Where a thousand sounds reverberate. When love revealed its mystery to me, The parroted words vanished. Inside and out, I was cleansed. I saw my Beloved wherever I looked. Heer and Ranjha are already one. But Heer, deluded, still searches the woods. Here Ranjha is with her, And she does not even know it. I am tired of reading the Vedas and the Koran! Obeisance has only abraded my forehead. God was not in Mecca, nor any holy place. But whoever finds Him becomes brightly illuminated. Burn the prayer rug, break the clay pot, Divest yourself of rosary, bowl and staff. Those who love - proclaim repeatedly and loudly, ‘Eat the forbidden! Forsake halaal!’(a lawful diet) You have spent your life in the mosque, Yet your heart is filled with filth. Not once did you discern that God is One! What is your point in making this racket now? Your devotion was loveless. Now your protestations are worthless. Bulleh says, I would have remained silent, It is love that compels me to speak forcefully. The blossoming of love is strange and wonderful.  

p.s. lord here is a lover. not god. It is to become one with a lover! not god.
     Reply #93 - December 26, 2011, 01:55 PM

No need to tell you what scholars think: Sahih Muslim, Bk 30, Number 5831: Rafi' b. Khadij reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came to Medina and the people had been grafting the trees. He said: What are you doing? They said: We are grafting them, whereupon he said: It may perhaps be good for you if you do not do that, so they abandoned this practice (and the date−palms) began to yield less fruit. They made a mention of it (to the Holy Prophet), whereupon he said: I am a human being, so when I command you about a thing pertaining to religion, do accept it, and when I command you about a thing out of my personal opinion, keep it in mind that I am a human being. 'Ikrima reported that he said something like this.

Im pretty sure the Qur'an says the Earth is spherical.

Thanks for taking the effort to find this. There may be other evidences that support your view but the problem for me is that when Muhammed talks of matters of science he often mixes it with religion. Going back to the hadith king tut posted:
    "Sahih Muslim

Book 001, Number 0297:
    It is narrated on the authority of Abu Dharr that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) one day said: Do you know where the sun goes? They replied: Allah and His Apostle know best. He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Verily it (the sun) glides till it reaches its resting place under the Throne. Then it falls prostrate and remains there until it is asked: Rise up and go to the place whence you came, and it goes back and continues emerging out from its rising place and then glides till it reaches its place of rest under the Throne ...... "

Is Muhammed not talking about a matter of religion here? He is talking about Allah commanding the sun to rise up and he is talking with certainty here, not personal opinion.

Oh really? So let me get this straight: TheRationalizer can imply that the Earth is "flat" (according to the Qur'an) when no reference he points to suggests this to be the case (other than al-Jalalayn), but if I point to a source with the actual word "flat" that is contrary to that view, I'm somehow reading it wrong?

The point is you did not find a satisfactory example of the word being used contrary to the flat earth view, because you used a farfetched explanation of the tafsir to say it was contrary. It is not somehow wrong, it is likely to be wrong given I offered different explanation for the tafsir, which is simply much more sensible and I provided reasoning for why my explanation is more feasible.
     Reply #94 - December 27, 2011, 12:27 AM

that doesn't excuse being a child and going doc-searching. that's just tit-for-tat childishness and i'd have expected somebody like you to rise above that shit.

and this is coming from somebody who has been placed in genuine danger due to my old youtube channel(and tbh i'm probably deleting my new one as i've come close again for reasons i'll not talk about).

though i seriously doubt you were in actual danger, i've had my bouts with the cops who thought i was a terrorist(another story i'm not telling), that shit blows over.

I hardly see what adults do all the time as "childish". He shouldn't be breaking university regulations and being a bigoted ass.

And yes, compared to you I have far more to worry about in this country when being accused of terrorism.
     Reply #95 - December 27, 2011, 12:28 AM

fuck yes, why have this infantile notion of getting back at him. it just makes you look as bad as he does, and gives his followers an argument against you.

It wasn't primarily for the purpose of "getting back", but whatever. I guess justice is only allowable for certain people and not others.
     Reply #96 - December 27, 2011, 12:31 AM

1. To have framed your response to thunderf00t in the first place in a more measured and less reckless manner. You say your video was misconstrued as a death threat, and that you and your friends were discriminated against because they were Muslim. Should not have you been aware of the law enforcement attention being paid to Muslims and Arabs prior to composing your response? In hindsight would not it have been better to have more clearly and carefully phrased yourself in your video?

2. Once the damage was done with the video, if thunderf00t was not responding to you and you think he was harassing you or slandering you, you should have retained an attorney and worked out a settlement with him to remove your original response video and his response(s) to that.

3. You continued the drama with him via PM. You should have unilaterally ceased all communication with him once you determined he was not being cooperative or responsive.

4. And Jesus if you were gonna get back at him you could have done so in a much less reckless manner.

1) Someone spouting fantasies of genocide should be responded to harshly. Had I been anyone OTHER THAN a Muslim no one would have construed it that way. Blame prejudice, not my response.

2) Its not as easy as you think. Internet speech laws are more lax in the states. Prior to consulting an attorney, however, I spent several months trying to have a normal conversation with Tf00t, which he kept declining because I "deserved it" because "I believe in a stupid religion".

3) I did and then I served his ass to him later.

4) I wasnt being reckless. People lied about me. End of.
     Reply #97 - December 27, 2011, 12:33 AM

I don't think it is nonsense at all, you defending the Quran about the "scientific" miracles whatever it means.

You trying to say the Quran is not wrong about the "scientific" miracles which automatically implies if it is not wrong it is right and it is a scientific miracle.

I don't know who is dishonest, the ones shifting the meaning of words or the ones stating the obvious.

Just because you accuse me of being dishonest won't make u more honest about your dishonesty.

That still doesn't make the earth round.

I am pretty sure the Quran says the earth is flat and every translation prior to this modern Apologetics clearly says the Earth is flat.

you won't be able to prove the earth is spherical without shifting the meaning of the word or giving it a new meaning which is a very common phenomenon among apologetics.

it is weird how there is not even a single verse that refers to the earth as sphere, every single one of them compares it to SPREAD OUT, LIKE CARPET, LIKE BED etc etc...

Your holy perfect Quran could in one word say it clearly IT IS SPHERICAL or IT IS ROUND LIKE A BALL or whatever.
    Both of them are nut jobs, especially Harun yahya, his ignorance will hurt your brain.

If that is ur base of facts and arguments then it is pretty clear what we are talking about.

PROVE YOUR POSITION ALREADY AND QUIT THE MENTAL ACROBATICS AND BEATING IT AROUND THE BUSH

You lying little weasel. This is the first thing you accused me of:

"He thinks the "scientific" miracles are accurate." and then say "You trying to say the Quran is not wrong about the "scientific" miracles which automatically implies if it is not wrong it is right and it is a scientific miracle."

No, Im saying the Qur'an is not meant to give scientific information and does not have scientific miracles in it. That is FAR from saying "The scientific miracles in the Qur'an are correct". Stop being a dishonest retard.
     Reply #98 - December 27, 2011, 12:36 AM

Thanks for taking the effort to find this. There may be other evidences that support your view but the problem for me is that when Muhammed talks of matters of science he often mixes it with religion. Going back to the hadith king tut posted:
    "Sahih Muslim

Book 001, Number 0297:
    It is narrated on the authority of Abu Dharr that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) one day said: Do you know where the sun goes? They replied: Allah and His Apostle know best. He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Verily it (the sun) glides till it reaches its resting place under the Throne. Then it falls prostrate and remains there until it is asked: Rise up and go to the place whence you came, and it goes back and continues emerging out from its rising place and then glides till it reaches its place of rest under the Throne ...... "

Is Muhammed not talking about a matter of religion here? He is talking about Allah commanding the sun to rise up and he is talking with certainty here, not personal opinion.
    The point is you did not find a satisfactory example of the word being used contrary to the flat earth view, because you used a farfetched explanation of the tafsir to say it was contrary. It is not somehow wrong, it is likely to be wrong given I offered different explanation for the tafsir, which is simply much more sensible and I provided reasoning for why my explanation is more feasible.

No where in this hadith does Muhammad (saws) claim to know, based on revelation, that the Sun "goes anywhere". He is merely giving his view on the matter and stating that the sun will appear to rise in the opposite direction near the end. The only time we have revealed knowledge is the Qur'an and in reference to it.

Further, you did offer a counter explanation which is possible, but the point I was trying to make was that if it can be reasoned here that the tafsir is not saying that the earth is entirely flat, then it can be reasoned also that those verses that TheRationalizer uses are not explicitly talking about a flat earth either.
     Reply #99 - December 27, 2011, 12:55 AM

No where in this hadith does Muhammad (saws) claim to know, based on revelation, that the Sun "goes anywhere". He is merely giving his view on the matter and stating that the sun will appear to rise in the opposite direction near the end. The only time we have revealed knowledge is the Qur'an and in reference to it.

Further, you did offer a counter explanation which is possible, but the point I was trying to make was that if it can be reasoned here that the tafsir is not saying that the earth is entirely flat, then it can be reasoned also that those verses that TheRationalizer uses are not explicitly talking about a flat earth either.

yap..  Dawahfilms is absolutely right,  each one reading Quran can get their own meaning ., Any explanation is possible after all Quran is nothing but plagiarized parables written/putogether way after the death Prophet Muhammad(PBUH..SAS salsa..)

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #100 - December 27, 2011, 12:57 AM

why are people even talking to this religious nutjob ?. Having a serious conversation with such people only makes them believe their superstitious and mythological nonsense has greater dignity and credibility then it should ever have. We don't need to lower ourselves to such people who believe in imaginary genocidal semetic deities from the dark ages who condone domestic violence.

and besides it's pointless attempting a rational discussion with an emotional viewpoint
     Reply #101 - December 27, 2011, 01:04 AM

1) Someone spouting fantasies of genocide should be responded to harshly. Had I been anyone OTHER THAN a Muslim no one would have construed it that way. Blame prejudice, not my response.

Given the prejudice that exists, your phrasing was reckless. You're in a public war of words with someone-- how you phrase your response is everything. What I find amazing is not that you made an angry, off-the-cuff response to thunderf00t but your total unwillingness to accept you could have phrased it in a better, more responsible manner that would have mitigated any prejudiced interest from law enforcement.

2) Its not as easy as you think. Internet speech laws are more lax in the states.

I live in the US, I am well aware that due to the First Amendment, it is difficult to sue for libel, slander, or defamation of character. But you could get an attorney to send a "cease and desist" letter for under 200 bucks assuming you don't know or find someone who will do it pro-bono or at a minimal cost. Even if you don't know anyone you could probably get it done for 50 bucks or so if you draft it yourself. And here's what happens typically when someone gets a cease-and-desist letter from an attorney-- they get their own attorney who then contacts yours. Since lawyers are risk averse and make more money negotiating settlement than in actual litigation, they will advise their client to work out a settlement agreement, even if it's not a winnable case in court-- in the end you get a settlement both lawyers are happy with cause they made money off it, and that both potential litigants can live with cause their drama is done.

Prior to consulting an attorney, however, I spent several months trying to have a normal conversation with Tf00t, which he kept declining because I "deserved it" because "I believe in a stupid religion".

Several months? As soon as he said anything like that in the first place, if you were behaving civilly and politely in the first place (as you seem to imply) in your conversations with him, then that should have indicated he was unwilling to be cooperative and you should have unilaterally terminated the conversation with him and sought third-party representation for any and all communications with him. Several months of communicating with an uncooperative person to resolve a personal issue is either unnecessary internet drama or stupidity but it is NOT effective conflict resolution.

3) I did and then I served his ass to him later.

Right, you rubbed in the pay-back you got on him and then complained when he made those communications public. Reckless.

4) I wasnt being reckless. People lied about me. End of.

See above. It was reckless because you sought payback then snidely communicated that payback to him, then complained about him publicly complaining about it, when, as you were already in a public war of words, it should have been anticipated that he would publicly spin your actions and communications against you. Reckless or stupid. Revenge is a dish best served cold-- you don't seek vengeance then send someone communications taking credit for it, especially when your spat is already public and that person can reasonably be expected to use any of your communications against you. How old are you? If you're under 26, I'll give you a pass, if you're over 34 I give you a facepalm, in between I'll roll my eyes and say I hope one would learn from this and not repeat it at your age.

Anyhow, thank you for continuing to respond to me here calmly and rationally.

fuck you
     Reply #102 - December 27, 2011, 02:05 AM

nvm
     Reply #103 - December 27, 2011, 02:30 PM

Come on Dawahfilms.

The Quran is just a collection of mythological hogwash. If it does not assert scientific miracles(which many of your brothers in religion keep asserting time after time after time) then it certainly contradicts it.

Humans living for 950 years?

And verily we sent Noah (as Our messenger) unto his folk, and he continued with them for a thousand years save fifty years; and the flood engulfed them, for they were wrong-doers. Sura 29:14

Human beings sleeping in a cave for 300 years(?!!!):

So they stayed in their Cave three hundred years, and (some) add nine (more). Sura 18:24

Just these two bloody verses contradict science. Or do they not mister Dawahfilms?

Grouchy  what is the  good reason for picking up an innocent girl  as Osama  bin Laden?    

Reply #104 - December 27, 2011, 02:34 PM

Why is this in the Science section?

Against the ruin of the world, there
    is only one defense: the creative act.

-- Kenneth Rexroth
     Reply #105 - December 27, 2011, 02:41 PM

You lying little weasel. This is the first thing you accused me of:

"He thinks the "scientific" miracles are accurate." and then say "You trying to say the Quran is not wrong about the "scientific" miracles which automatically implies if it is not wrong it is right and it is a scientific miracle."

No, Im saying the Qur'an is not meant to give scientific information and does not have scientific miracles in it. That is FAR from saying "The scientific miracles in the Qur'an are correct". Stop being a dishonest retard.

Man how thick do you have to be to write this??

Saying: HE THINKS THE SCIENTIFIC MIRACLES ARE ACCURATE is not an accusation cuz u obviously do think that, u just said u think the Quran says the Earth is Round which is a Scientific fact and which makes the quran Scientifically correct which is logical that u think the information is Scientific and correct.

I know u not saying the quran is MEANT to give scientific information u don't even need to say that.

If it doesn't have any scientific Miracles in it why do you claim the Quran says the Earth is Round and try to prove it???

You are not just being dishonest and stupid you also using weak logical fallacies to go around something fundamentally retarded as u r urself.

Answer me what the hell are your videos then about if you think the Scientific "facts" in the quran are correct.

You trying to prove the Scientific "facts" in the Quran are correct which clearly implies you think there is some science in it.

Quit deluding yourself with your own make believe and mind acrobatics and deal with the situation

Reply #106 - December 27, 2011, 03:06 PM

The creator of the universe produced a message that resembles ignorant and ambiguous 7th century monotheist poetry?

I think it's probable that an omniscient deity didn't produce such a message.
     Reply #107 - December 27, 2011, 03:30 PM

You are not just being dishonest and stupid you also using weak logical fallacies to go around something fundamentally retarded as u r urself.

Chill dude.  Smiley

I think Dawahfilms will eventually apostate.

I think if most muslims sincerely and persistently looks for the 'wisdom' behind the tenets and injunctions of Islam, gravitate towards an interpretation of Islam that is similar to humanism, and are as intelligent as him - they'll eventually apostate.

I don't think he's the kind of muslim who simply wants to reinforce their Iman, I think he wants to understand and be able to justify his beliefs intellectually (to himself).

One of the things that motivated me to seriously challenge my beliefs was believing that if I was going to propagate the religion, indoctrinate my (potential) children with a fear of eternal torture, and advocate a khalifate - then ethically I felt it was the responsible thing to do to rigorously challenge my beliefs. 

I'm looking forward to the insightful vids he'll make after he deconverts.

(You hear me dawah? grin12)
     Reply #108 - December 27, 2011, 03:34 PM

^^

I am cool dude, he is being to emotional calling me retarded cuz I said he thinks Scientific Miracles in the quran are true now he is saying he doesn't think that.

THe question is if he thinks the Scientific Miracles are not true in the Quran then why is he making all those videos or insisting to prove others they are wrong about thinking the QUran says the world is flat.

he is just using mental gymnastics and being dishonest.

Reply #109 - December 30, 2011, 09:00 PM

Actually the Koran does indeed portray the Earth as flat. Islamic scholars, centuries later however did hold the Earth as round, (though geocentrically so their ideas were incorrect) ideas they did not come up with on their own, but ideas they inherited from Aristotelian school of thought, which makes sense being that Islam and early Islamic civilization was the product of a combination of philosophers, scientist, and heretic Christians and Hindus who were bring driven out of both the Roman Empire and India into the Middle East.

It seems Kevin is still desperately trying to portray the "knowledge" in the Koran as some sort of miracle.  Oh well.
     Reply #110 - December 30, 2011, 09:53 PM

I don't understand what you are talking about at this point. I never claimed to support TheRationalizers claims. I simply showed your claim about a spherical earth in the qur'an isn't backed up very well by your supposed evidence. Maybe you are right about TheRationalizer, I don't know because I am not talking about that and is irrelevent to the point I'm trying to make.
     Reply #111 - December 31, 2011, 12:02 AM

Not sure if folks realise that if xians take the Bible literally they have no choice but to believe in a flat earth.

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm

The Flat-Earth Bible
    © 1987, 1995 by Robert J. Schadewald
    Reprinted from The Bulletin of the Tychonian Society #44 (July 1987)

When I first became interested in the flat-earthers in the early 1970s, I was surprised to learn that flat-earthism in the English-speaking world is and always has been entirely based upon the Bible. I have since assembled and read an extensive collection of flat-earth literature. The Biblical arguments for flat-earthism that follow come mainly from my reading of flat-earth literature, augmented by my own reading of the Bible.

Except among Biblical inerrantists, it is generally agreed that the Bible describes an immovable earth. At the 1984 National Bible-Science Conference in Cleveland, geocentrist James N. Hanson told me there are hundreds of scriptures that suggest the earth is immovable. I suspect some must be a bit vague, but here are a few obvious texts:

1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.”
    Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...”
    Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...”
    Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”
    Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...”
    Suffice to say that the earth envisioned by flat-earthers is as immovable as any geocentrist could desire. Most (perhaps all) scriptures commonly cited by geocentrists have also been cited by flat-earthers. The flat-earth view is geocentricity with further restrictions.

Like geocentrists, flat-earth advocates often give long lists of texts. Samuel Birley Rowbotham, founder of the modern flat-earth movement, cited 76 scriptures in the last chapter of his monumental second edition of Earth not a Globe. Apostle Anton Darms, assistant to the Reverend Wilbur Glenn Voliva, America's best known flat-earther, compiled 50 questions about the creation and the shape of the earth, bolstering his answers with up to 20 scriptures each. Rather than presenting an exhaustive compendium of flat-earth scriptures, I focus on those which seem to me the strongest. I also comment on some attempts to find the earth's sphericity in the Bible.

Scriptural quotes, unless otherwise noted, are from the New English Bible. Hebrew and Greek translations are from Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. The Biblical cosmology is never explicitly stated, so it must be pieced together from scattered passages. The Bible is a composite work, so there is no a priori reason why the cosmology assumed by its various writers should be relatively consistent, but it is. The Bible is, from Genesis to Revelation, a flat-earth book...

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • dawah films responding to TheRationalizer's flat earth video
     Reply #112 - December 01, 2017, 12:04 AM

http://imgur.com/d35zpP6

Dawahfilms new video on masked arab

Plus

http://imgur.com/zVxg6W3
    http://imgur.com/BJpYOCL
    http://imgur.com/nDDpmr5
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »