Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: dawah films responding to TheRationalizer's flat earth video

(Read 28798 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: dawah films responding to TheRationalizer's flat earth video
     Reply #60 - December 18, 2011, 03:01 PM

'DawahFilms' good to see you on CEMB engaging with ex-muslim, i say this because i believe the individual should always attempt to engage and comprehend his opposite.

I have many questions for a 'rational' Muslim, questions you may have never been asked before. Could I start a new thread or ask you via private message these questions? It would include me explaining why I became an ex-Muslim as well...

I am going to guess it will turn into a lengthy debate...

"The words that oscillate between nonsense and supreme meaning are the oldest and truest." - C.G. Jung
     Reply #61 - December 18, 2011, 03:32 PM

@ Saleri:

Start a new thread dude, we all wanna know those questions Smiley

Reply #62 - December 18, 2011, 03:36 PM

Discussion should not be private.
     Reply #63 - December 18, 2011, 03:57 PM

i'd like it to be public as well

although i just realised i won't have access to the internet tomorrow evening until the 28th...but if he is up for it i could start it today/tomorrow...

"The words that oscillate between nonsense and supreme meaning are the oldest and truest." - C.G. Jung
     Reply #64 - December 18, 2011, 04:54 PM

Discussion should not be private.

Given the way Muslims are "welcomed" here, I don't see why such discussions should be public either :|

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #65 - December 18, 2011, 08:28 PM

Hi dawahfilims. Glad to see you here Smiley.

I would like to know , Whats your opinion on , The scientific mircals of the quran and people such as Naik and Yahaha ?

I think they acctuly make islam look stuipd , I don't know why people like Hamza yusuf and Tariq Ramdan more famouse.

Looking forward to hearing from you mate Smiley.

Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home. [carl sagan]
     Reply #66 - December 18, 2011, 08:50 PM

He thinks the "scientific" miracles are accurate.

Reply #67 - December 18, 2011, 10:47 PM

And I also think he's buggered off.
     Reply #68 - December 19, 2011, 04:22 AM

For those complaining about that some people  "gang up on" Dawahfilm. Fuck off.

DawahFilms is a douche bag after what he did against Thunderf00t he doesnt deserve an ounce of respect from anybody. The same with his perverted cult from the 7th century.

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #69 - December 19, 2011, 04:27 AM

Given the way Muslims are "welcomed" here, I don't see why such discussions should be public either :|

Muslims like everyone else has to convince others in order to earn respect from others. I havent been so long on this forum as you, but i havent seen Muslims being harassed. This guy DawahFilms deserve to be confronted like he have been.

If he wants to cry about it, well then so be it. And in the immortal words of Justin Timberlake (not Bieber): Cry me a fucking river!

- John Keats
     Reply #70 - December 19, 2011, 06:37 AM

people aren't unwelcome or disrespected because they're muslim, it's because they come here with a self-righteous, pompous attitude telling us shit like "you have no right to interpret the quran" or whatever the fuck their dogma tells them. open-minded and respectful muslims have always been welcomed as part of the community. damn right people like dawahfilms can fuck right off.
     Reply #71 - December 20, 2011, 05:36 AM

'DawahFilms' good to see you on CEMB engaging with ex-muslim, i say this because i believe the individual should always attempt to engage and comprehend his opposite.

I have many questions for a 'rational' Muslim, questions you may have never been asked before. Could I start a new thread or ask you via private message these questions? It would include me explaining why I became an ex-Muslim as well...

+1

Yeah some members here are vicious when it comes to these disputes :3 pay them no mind.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #72 - December 20, 2011, 08:05 PM

people aren't unwelcome or disrespected because they're muslim, it's because they come here with a self-righteous, pompous attitude telling us shit like "you have no right to interpret the quran" or whatever the fuck their dogma tells them. open-minded and respectful muslims have always been welcomed as part of the community. damn right people like dawahfilms can fuck right off.

But they themselves take the right to do so.

They intentionally twist or give different meanings to a word in order to fit modern scientific discoveries.

The biggest question is, if this "Scientific" Miracles were already in the Quran how did Muhamed not know the world was round ?? and why didn't he straight forwardly mention the woman egg in embryology instead of having to go round and round with vague words to describe it.

Reply #73 - December 20, 2011, 08:15 PM

To be honest, I do think the way he was treated in this thread was harsh but it was nothing more than a response to his pretentious attitude. You need not look any further than in the opening post video where he claims that all apostates think they are scholars of Islam and have stupid interpretations of the religious texts. I would like to see him reply to my post on the tafsir, ironically he seems to have failed to read his own sources properly. Personally I'd prefer to avoid being baited into making petty insults against muslims as it only gives them the opportunity to score points on you or will just drive them away from the forum.
     Reply #74 - December 20, 2011, 08:49 PM

To be honest, I do think the way he was treated in this thread was harsh but it was nothing more than a response to his pretentious attitude. You need not look any further than in the opening post video where he claims that all apostates think they are scholars of Islam and have stupid interpretations of the religious texts. I would like to see him reply to my post on the tafsir, ironically he seems to have failed to read his own sources properly. Personally I'd prefer to avoid being baited into making petty insults against muslims as it only gives them the opportunity to score points on you or will just drive them away from the forum.

Precisely.

Their emotional response to the insults will just block whatever critical thinking could've occurred due to those posts with actual arguments in them.
    They'll close the browser and go on, reinforced in their moral superiority and victim mentality.

I suspect those who are guilty wouldn't care, though.

Have you heard the good news? There is no God!
     Reply #75 - December 26, 2011, 03:55 AM

Can you tell me which scholars accept that Muhammed made incorrect statements? Also, do you believe the Qur'an tells us the earth is spherical?

No need to tell you what scholars think: Sahih Muslim, Bk 30, Number 5831: Rafi' b. Khadij reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came to Medina and the people had been grafting the trees. He said: What are you doing? They said: We are grafting them, whereupon he said: It may perhaps be good for you if you do not do that, so they abandoned this practice (and the date−palms) began to yield less fruit. They made a mention of it (to the Holy Prophet), whereupon he said: I am a human being, so when I command you about a thing pertaining to religion, do accept it, and when I command you about a thing out of my personal opinion, keep it in mind that I am a human being. 'Ikrima reported that he said something like this.

Im pretty sure the Qur'an says the Earth is spherical.
     Reply #76 - December 26, 2011, 03:57 AM

Im not really interested in a lengthy debate at this time as I have other obligations Im currently attending to. You may ask me what you want, however.
     Reply #77 - December 26, 2011, 03:58 AM

Hi dawahfilims. Glad to see you here Smiley.

I would like to know , Whats your opinion on , The scientific mircals of the quran and people such as Naik and Yahaha ?

I think they acctuly make islam look stuipd , I don't know why people like Hamza yusuf and Tariq Ramdan more famouse.

Looking forward to hearing from you mate Smiley.

As indicated in the video I made, I do not agree with Zakir Naik or Harun Yahaha.
     Reply #78 - December 26, 2011, 03:59 AM

He thinks the "scientific" miracles are accurate.

Nonsense. I never said any such thing or believed any such thing. In fact, the video presented in this topic (which I made) clearly states the opposite. So either you are lying or you're ignorant of my actual position, which in such a case, you shouldn't be speaking about it.
     Reply #79 - December 26, 2011, 04:08 AM

For those complaining about that some people  "gang up on" Dawahfilm. Fuck off.

DawahFilms is a douche bag after what he did against Thunderf00t he doesnt deserve an ounce of respect from anybody. The same with his perverted cult from the 7th century.

bullshit

What did I "do" against thunderf00t, exactly? First he makes a video basically condoning genocide of the Muslim world and then asks Muslims to come kill him. I made a video response telling him that if he were ever successful in getting this genocide going that he would be killed in self defense. Instead of being a responsible and reasonable person he quotemines me and claims I "death threatened him" because of his "free speech" and then marks me as a terrorist. I then try to be reasonable with him and ask him to clarify his position instead for the sake of healthy dialogue. He then smears me some more.

Over the course of a few months I still try to talk to him with civility. He refuses to speak with me and I continue to get death threats from "rational atheists" and people calling the FBI and HLS on me.

Eventually I go looking for his information so I can file a formal complain with the university he works at. He finds out, smears me again. I give up. A couple months later someone else finds his docs, hands them out to a bunch of people (obviously including myself). I decide to sit on them for a week until he attacks my friend Amenakin and sends a troll army her way for no other reason than the fact that he's pissed that Potholer and her decided to settle their differences in a civil manner and he didn't like the fact that she was being treated fairly. His actions affected her business negatively (because her YT channel is one of her families sources of income) so I decided I was going to go through with that formal complaint.

Cornell took my accusations very seriously and looked at the evidence: His defamation, bigotry etc. They said they were going to do something about it, but that they couldn't because he was already being investigated prior to my complaints in JUNE and that he was no longer working there since JULY of this year.

After knowing I got a hold of his information and filing this complaint he makes another video claiming Im mass doc dropping him on the internet and trying to get his family hurt because Im some sort of terrorist.

So what exactly have I done other than what every other reasonable American would do about some foreign idiot breaking university regulations and civil code in my own country?

Oh, that's right...Im a Muslim so that means he must be correct?
     Reply #80 - December 26, 2011, 04:13 AM

+1

Yeah some members here are vicious when it comes to these disputes :3 pay them no mind.

Oh really? So let me get this straight: TheRationalizer can imply that the Earth is "flat" (according to the Qur'an) when no reference he points to suggests this to be the case (other than al-Jalalayn), but if I point to a source with the actual word "flat" that is contrary to that view, I'm somehow reading it wrong?
     Reply #81 - December 26, 2011, 04:22 AM

No, its because you proved you are an asshole.

You can take your victim-card shit elsewhere. Move on.

- John Keats
     Reply #82 - December 26, 2011, 04:23 AM

Cheesy

Please. Im an asshole for defending myself, being smeared, trying to be civil and filing a formal complaint with someones university for their unethical behavior?

It seems you're projecting if that's what you believe.

EDIT:

Oh, and I would love to have a "victim card" that I could just tuck away at any time and make the reality go away, unfortunately my fiance, who has been assaulted for wearing a headscarf, constantly reminds me that I can't do this. My friends, who have been placed on no-fly lists, accused of violence or supporting violence by mere virtue of their identities as Muslims, the fact that those I love have been threatened, harassed (including myself) and constantly live in fear....

Yeah, if you have a "victim card" I could play any time and just put in my pocket I would greatly appreciate it.
     Reply #83 - December 26, 2011, 04:48 AM

bullshit

What did I "do" against thunderf00t, exactly? First he makes a video basically condoning genocide of the Muslim world and then asks Muslims to come kill him. I made a video response telling him that if he were ever successful in getting this genocide going that he would be killed in self defense. Instead of being a responsible and reasonable person he quotemines me and claims I "death threatened him" because of his "free speech" and then marks me as a terrorist. I then try to be reasonable with him and ask him to clarify his position instead for the sake of healthy dialogue. He then smears me some more.

Over the course of a few months I still try to talk to him with civility. He refuses to speak with me and I continue to get death threats from "rational atheists" and people calling the FBI and HLS on me.

Eventually I go looking for his information so I can file a formal complain with the university he works at. He finds out, smears me again. I give up. A couple months later someone else finds his docs, hands them out to a bunch of people (obviously including myself). I decide to sit on them for a week until he attacks my friend Amenakin and sends a troll army her way for no other reason than the fact that he's pissed that Potholer and her decided to settle their differences in a civil manner and he didn't like the fact that she was being treated fairly. His actions affected her business negatively (because her YT channel is one of her families sources of income) so I decided I was going to go through with that formal complaint.

Cornell took my accusations very seriously and looked at the evidence: His defamation, bigotry etc. They said they were going to do something about it, but that they couldn't because he was already being investigated prior to my complaints in JUNE and that he was no longer working there since JULY of this year.

After knowing I got a hold of his information and filing this complaint he makes another video claiming Im mass doc dropping him on the internet and trying to get his family hurt because Im some sort of terrorist.

So what exactly have I done other than what every other reasonable American would do about some foreign idiot breaking university regulations and civil code in my own country?

I think your beef with Thunderf00t made you both look like petty, childish drama queens. As far as I can tell you guys both made a mountain out of a molehill.

fuck you
     Reply #84 - December 26, 2011, 04:53 AM

I didn't even want this drama to occur. Unfortunately he placed me in real possible danger and I was not about to take that lightly given my other experiences with bigotry in real life.
     Reply #85 - December 26, 2011, 04:56 AM

Whatever, just sayin from my standpoint you both came out of that dispute looking pretty bad to me.

fuck you
     Reply #86 - December 26, 2011, 04:59 AM

And what would have been the "good way" to go about all this?

Do nothing?
     Reply #87 - December 26, 2011, 05:05 AM

I didn't even want this drama to occur. Unfortunately he placed me in real possible danger and I was not about to take that lightly given my other experiences with bigotry in real life.

that doesn't excuse being a child and going doc-searching. that's just tit-for-tat childishness and i'd have expected somebody like you to rise above that shit.

and this is coming from somebody who has been placed in genuine danger due to my old youtube channel(and tbh i'm probably deleting my new one as i've come close again for reasons i'll not talk about).

though i seriously doubt you were in actual danger, i've had my bouts with the cops who thought i was a terrorist(another story i'm not telling), that shit blows over.
     Reply #88 - December 26, 2011, 05:06 AM

Do nothing?

fuck yes, why have this infantile notion of getting back at him. it just makes you look as bad as he does, and gives his followers an argument against you.
     Reply #89 - December 26, 2011, 05:13 AM

Do nothing?

1. To have framed your response to thunderf00t in the first place in a more measured and less reckless manner. You say your video was misconstrued as a death threat, and that you and your friends were discriminated against because they were Muslim. Should not have you been aware of the law enforcement attention being paid to Muslims and Arabs prior to composing your response? In hindsight would not it have been better to have more clearly and carefully phrased yourself in your video?

2. Once the damage was done with the video, if thunderf00t was not responding to you and you think he was harassing you or slandering you, you should have retained an attorney and worked out a settlement with him to remove your original response video and his response(s) to that.

3. You continued the drama with him via PM. You should have unilaterally ceased all communication with him once you determined he was not being cooperative or responsive.

4. And Jesus if you were gonna get back at him you could have done so in a much less reckless manner.

fuck you
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »