Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Egypt : nudity against Islamism

(Read 27422 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Egypt : nudity against Islamism
     Reply #180 - November 26, 2011, 08:38 PM

Interesting idea the young lady has.

I think, however it will be lost on those who oppose her idea, those of Islam. They will only see her rebellion against their standard not her right to choose another standard.

Deusvult had a very nice way of explaining how she was putting her idea out there as another option.

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #181 - November 30, 2011, 01:24 PM

Nude Posting Rebel Aliaa Mahdy Mawled At Tahrir Square   says the video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u6VcaV1v7g

I wonder whether that is REALLY TRUE..  if it is that is terrible.. I fear for her life..  She does look like her...

Aliaa Mahdy  speaks  to CNN in Cairo about why she posed nude.

CNN: Why did you post a photo of yourself nude photo on Twitter, and why the red high heels and black stockings?
    Elmahdy: After my photo was removed from Facebook, a male friend of mine asked me if he may post it on Twitter. I accepted because I am not shy of being a woman in a society where women are nothing but sex objects harassed on a daily basis by men who know nothing about sex or the importance of a woman.

The photo is an expression of my being and I see the human body as the best artistic representation of that. I took the photo myself using a timer on my personal camera. The powerful colors black and red inspire me.

CNN: Who is Aliaa Elmahdy inside the body portrayed in the nude photo?
    Elmahdy: I like being different. I love life, art, photography and expressing my thoughts through writing more than anything. That is why I studied media and hope to take it further to the TV world too so I can expose the truth behind the lies we endure everyday in this world. I don't believe that we must have children only through marriage. It's all about love.

CNN: How have your Egyptian Muslim parents reacted? How do they feel about you living with your boyfriend unmarried?
    Elmahdy: I last spoke to them 24 days back. They want to support me and get closer, especially after the photo was released, but they accuse Kareem of manipulating me. He has been my support system and has passed along their text messages to me. I dropped out of AUC (The American University in Cairo where she was a media student) months back after (my parents) attempted to control my life by threatening not to pay the fees.

CNN: The press has labeled you a revolutionary but you were not in Tahrir Square during the 18 days of the revolution in February this year. Is there a political element to you posing nude?
    Elmahdy: I was never into politics. I first joined the protests on May 27th because I felt the need to participate and decided I might be able to change the future of Egypt and refused to remain silent. I made it clear that I was not part of April 6th Movement (an Egyptian political group that came to prominence during the revolution) after the rumors were spread by remnants of Mubarak's National Democratic Party who wanted to capitalize on the reaction to the photo.

What shocked me is April 6th's statement clarifying that Aliaa Magda Elmahdy is not part of their organization and how they don't accept "atheism." Where is the democracy and liberalism they preach to the world? They only feed what the public wants to hear for their political ambitions.

CNN: What do you think about the forced virginity tests performed by the Egyptian military on more than a dozen girls arrested in Tahrir Square?
    Elmahdy: I consider this rape. Those men in the military who conducted these tests should be punished for allowing this to happen without the consent of the girls in the first place. Instead, the girls walk around feeling the shame and most of them are forced to remain silent.

CNN: Do you practice safe sex in your sexual revolution?
    Elmahdy: Most Egyptians are secretive about sex because they are brought up thinking sex is something bad and dirty and there is no mention of it in schools. Sex to the majority is simply a man using a woman with no communication between them and children are just part of an equation. To me, sex is an expression of respect, a passion for love that culminates into sex to please both sides.

I do practice safe sex but I don't take pills because I am against abortion. I enjoyed losing my virginity at the age of 18 with a man I loved who was 40 years older than me. Kareem Amer is the second man and the love of my life. The saying suits us: "Birds of the same feather flock together"

CNN: How do you see women in the "New Egypt" and will you leave the country if the ongoing revolution fails?
    Elmahdy: I am not positive at all unless a social revolution erupts. Women under Islam will always be objects to use at home. The (sexism) against women in Egypt is unreal, but I am not going anywhere and will battle it 'til the end. Many women wear the veil just to escape the harassment and be able to walk the streets. I hate how society labels gays and lesbians as abnormal people. Different is not abnormal!

CNN: What are your future plans with Kareem and will you find it hard to deal with your new notoriety?
    Elmahdy: I have discovered who my real friends are, and I have Kareem who loves me passionately. He works as a media monitor and I am currently looking for a job. I embrace the simple things in life and I am a vegetarian ... I am a believer of every word I say and I am willing to live in danger under the many threats I receive in order to obtain the real freedom all Egyptian are fighting and dying for daily.

After reading her interview.. Now I am really worried about her...  Oh my goodness. she is so smart and just 20year old.. my respect for her went up by a million times after that  interview.. I wan to see that interview on CNN.. if some one sees that interview.. please post it..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #182 - November 30, 2011, 03:19 PM

That Kareem fella is one lucky dude.
     Reply #183 - November 30, 2011, 03:24 PM

Aliaa Magda Elmahdy and her  boy friend  Kareem Amer

well Her parents say that they  are trying to support her throughout this ordeal  and that is a good news  but..but  they are blaming  her boyfriend Kareem Amer  for her brazen expression..

Common read her interview., she is so intelligent and articulate and and independent, she will  neither listen to her parents or boy friend , I say she is ready for contesting elections and even become President of Egypt..

and she is damn cute

I wish they could join the forum...

Hey that guy face some how appears to match some one from CEMB... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Lucky guy.. I wish 100 years of happy life for them..

Reply #184 - November 30, 2011, 03:26 PM

Whatever she sees in him!
     Reply #185 - November 30, 2011, 03:28 PM

oh common Hawar..  Kareem Amer  is a great guy.. He fully supported and supporting her...

what is there in looks when the hearts meet and minds are on same wavelengths?  And he is not a bad looking guy..

Reply #186 - November 30, 2011, 03:30 PM

Fuck off, man!
     Reply #187 - November 30, 2011, 03:32 PM

Fuck off, man!

Hawar  that is wrong word to use.

It should be "Fuck On man"

Reply #188 - November 30, 2011, 05:01 PM

Roll Eyes
     Reply #189 - November 30, 2011, 05:05 PM

Try not to take everything in life seriously........ otherwise you'll be like a sunnah Muslim!
     Reply #190 - November 30, 2011, 05:11 PM

Hawar, stick to the thread topic.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #191 - November 30, 2011, 05:15 PM

Try not to take everything in life seriously........ otherwise you'll be like a sunnah Muslim!

How old are you?

Nvrmnd.
     Reply #192 - November 30, 2011, 05:18 PM

How old am I? Old enough not to use text language, definitely.  Kiss
     Reply #193 - November 30, 2011, 05:19 PM

Hawar, stick to the thread topic.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Thank you.
     Reply #194 - November 30, 2011, 05:22 PM

Smiley
     Reply #195 - November 30, 2011, 09:18 PM

The girl being harassed in the video isn't her. Kareem said so on his fbook account(it's public).

Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.
     Reply #196 - November 30, 2011, 09:50 PM

The girl being harassed in the video isn't her. Kareem said so on his fbook account(it's public).

thank you for that inquiry stifleddoubt ., That makes me feel better .,

but it seems she is getting hit from all sides atleast on the web.,  except the only guy who seem to fully  support  her appears to be his boy friend  Kareem.  I am not even sure about her parents and relatives..  

that blog says  some rascals went to court
    .. Coalition of Islamic law graduates reported Aliaa ElMahdy and her boyfriend, blogger Karim Amer, to the general prosecutor on Thursday  17th  nov  accusing them of “violating morals, inciting indecency and insulting Islam,” demanding that they be punished according to Islamic law [Sharia][/b].

“trying to spread her obscene ideology through the nude pictures … The old constitution and the new declarations of the new one says Islamic law [Sharia] is the source of governing, therefore we asked for Islamic law penalties to be executed on the two bloggers … The sentence could be lashes, time in prison or what they see fit,” Ahmed Yehia, coordinator of the coalition told Bikyamasr.com.

another link on her says
    nother lawyer, Nafisa Abdel Fatah, reported ElMahdy and Amer to the general prosecutor Friday [18 nov], also accusing them of spreading immorality. Abdel Fatah apparently told Youm7 website that El-Mahdy and Amer encouraged the spread of the nude photo, aside from being lovers outside of wedlock in defiance of Islamic and social traditions.

According to AhramOnline, she was also criticized by liberal writer Siyad El-Qamni, describing her as a mentally disturbed girl. But ElMahdy responded at her Twitter account, describing him as a “coward” who backed off from his liberal opinions when he received threats from radical Islamists.

apparently that guy is a liberal guy and she hit him hard  saying that fellow  liberal writer Siyad El-Qamni is a WIMP and coward falling for Islamists..

any ways again thanks for that news from Kareem..

Reply #197 - November 30, 2011, 10:20 PM

I'm pretty .....

Hey Hawar how are you doing?? Sure you are pretty..

any ways that girl Aliaa Magda Elmahdy  is hitting hard and challenging status quo of  liberal Muslims ..

She says

She is Calling  On Men To Wear Hijab

that picture is from The 'Be a Man' initiative is similar to a 2009 Iranian campaign in support of student activist Majid Tavakoli.

read it all from iranian.com Hawar..

So Hawar would you like to join in MEN BURKHA PARTY?? . I would love to see and join a group of   thousand men in burkhas on a road in an Islamic country in support of Elmahdy.

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #198 - November 30, 2011, 10:48 PM

Heh, I was just in Egypt and there are a LOT of pretty Egyptian girls with fuckin busted lookin boyfriends Smiley

fuck you
     Reply #199 - November 30, 2011, 11:24 PM

Heh, I was just in Egypt and there are a LOT of pretty Egyptian girls with Aliaa Elmahdy fuckin busted lookin boyfriends [/b]Smiley

well men/boy friends need not look like pretty girls Colonel Q., they should look like raccoon  and act like Bunnie ..

any ways this is  interesting., one of my friend sent an e-mail saying

Every religion at its basic manifestations  oppress women folks one way or other way. In fact religions are made by men to control women folks

Ans there appears to be some truth in it. he gave an example of haredim the ultra-Orthodox Jewish sect in Israel.

Followers of the extreme haredi groups that make up the Mea Shearim-based Eidah Charedit umbrella organization demonstrated against the so-called burka cult, the haredi women who wear burkas and veils to completely hide all of their bodies. This hyper-modesty has previously been backed by several extreme haredi rabbis, including at least one senior Eidah Charedit leader.

that is haredi Jewish woman ., Off course nothing beats Islam and Islamic nations when it comes to  mistreatment of   women folks, women forced to wear enveloping shrouds and face veils in public and Moral Police + Home police for controlling the Honor.. honor.. honor all the way to her death in some cases..

Reply #200 - December 01, 2011, 06:20 AM

*I must avoid the low blow, I must avoid the low blow, I must avoid the low blow.*

Heh, I was just in Egypt and there are a LOT of pretty Egyptian girls with fuckin busted lookin boyfriends Smiley

There's hope for you yet, Q-man.

Damn, well I tried.  Tongue

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #201 - December 01, 2011, 02:55 PM

Well I am glad everything seems to be cooling down on that Naked bully Aliaa Mahdy ..lol., I am so glad., if it would have been few years back I would have not been laughing., sure dicKTraitors along with Islamists with Islamic rules would have put her immense troubles and even her life in danger..

so what is cooking to day..

Aliaa.. THE ROLE MODEL FOR 21st Century young Muslimahs says

"I took My nude Photo myself in my parents home months before I met Kareem Amer  and I am an athiest since I am 16"   ....  Aliaa Mahdy

Damn cameras, damn internet and damn you atheists and damn you scientist & discoverers  You rascals ruining the lives of million of believers. You all  should be fumigated..  until you  believe in one of those scriptures of your forefathers.. finmad finmad

Any ways some time back actually on Thu Aug 01, 2002  I wrote couple of pages on   The Role Models For Muslimahs

Indeed Aliaa Mahdy is a role model for the 21st century young Modern Muslimahs, and Thanks to the internet, I am +ve  that she will live loooooong and   she will have wonderful story to tell her Grand children..

• Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7« Previous thread | Next thread »