Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Video of harassment of a girl resembling Alia in Tahrir Square

(Read 8056 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Video of harassment of a girl resembling Alia in Tahrir Square
     OP - November 25, 2011, 02:09 PM

Not clear who she is and what exactly was going on? But it looks as though she was being taken out of the crowd and is clearly distressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jrc9mxFKz8
  • Re: Video of harassment of a girl resembling Alia in Tahrir Square
     Reply #1 - November 25, 2011, 03:34 PM

She does look a bit like her but I get the feeling that you don't really need much of an excuse to treat women this way in Egypt. My abiding memory of Egypt when I went on holiday there was not the pyramids and the like, it was the near total absence of women on the streets. They are just not visible. Nice to see that this girl had some helpers on her side, shame the footage didn't continue. What is the commentator saying about th situation?

"Happy happy, joy joy!" Stimpson J Cat.
     Reply #2 - November 25, 2011, 04:16 PM

He's talking about the scene in Tahrir square then says;

This is a young lady and she is being defended by force and falls down and they are ejecting her. This behaviour - no matter how (can't quite catch this part) our opposition we want it to be - it is a form of expression… may God cover (protect) her may God cover her...

Then he talks about something different.
     Reply #3 - November 25, 2011, 04:49 PM

I am so fucking tired of this bullshit.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #4 - November 27, 2011, 04:37 AM

Narrow minded people are the only type that would think they have the right to stop some one else by means of physical abuse, harassment, or demeaning them from expressing their freely formed personal belief or opinion on a subject no matter how opposed the idea is to their own, especially if there is no harm in the idea it self. If some one is offended or afronted by an idea that they can avoid simply by looking the other way the responsebility should lay with them to turn their own head not with every one else to keep silent. However the ability to think is an advantage and knowledge is a tool, and in insightful debate there is wisdom. When used correctly these help us make good choices.

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #5 - November 28, 2011, 01:50 PM

I am so fucking tired of this bullshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAjRmbmJtBw

Apparently that is French journalist Caroline Sinz

An organisation campaigning for press freedom and the safety of journalists has been forced to withdraw a statement saying that the international news media should not send women reporters to Cairo following two cases of sexual assault in the past few days.

The French branch of Reporters Sans Frontières (RSF) had said: "For the time being [media should] stop sending female journalists to cover the situation in Egypt. It is unfortunate that we have come to this but, given the violence of these assaults, there is no other solution."

The advice triggered a wave of objections from journalists. Within hours, RSF had amended its website to urge media organisations "to make the security of their reporters and local correspondents their priority". It added: "It is more dangerous for a woman than a man to cover the demonstrations in Tahrir Square. That is the reality and the media must face it."

The move came the day after French television journalist Caroline Sinz was brutally assaulted by a mob close to Tahrir Square, the centre of the protests in the Egyptian capital.

Sinz was separated from her cameraman, who was also beaten, in the melee. "I was beaten by a group of youngsters and adults who tore my clothes," she told Agence France Press. She was molested in a way that "would be considered rape", she said. "Some people tried to help me but failed. It lasted three-quarters of an hour before I was taken out. I thought I was going to die."

The attack had echoes of the assault suffered by US television journalist Lara Logan in Tahrir Square earlier this year. Logan later described how a crowd of 200 to 300 men ripped off her clothes, beat and assaulted her while taking pictures on mobile phones. "All I could feel, was their hands raping me over and over and over again," she told CBS News.

A third woman journalist, Mona Eltahawy, said she was repeatedly sexually assaulted while detained for 12 hours by Egyptian security forces this week. Both her wrists were broken...

These women don't understand Islamic values and they don't think  why Muslims women are not there there in that Tahir Square specially after Mubrak was over thrown..

well that comes from   guardian.co

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #6 - November 28, 2011, 01:54 PM

Do you qualify sexual assault as an "islamic value"?
     Reply #7 - November 28, 2011, 02:12 PM

Do you qualify sexual assault as an "islamic value"?

Nope... Islamic values are nothing to do with sexual assault

Islamic values only allow  certain jobs for women folks.,     Islam permits women to work only in Islamic conditions., This job doesn't fall in to that category of allowing women to go in to Public full of mob oriented Muslim men that too without Burqa..

Reply #8 - November 28, 2011, 02:23 PM

So you do indirectly qualify the sexual assault as part of the islamic values. It is just your normal result for the non-confirmity of the women to the "values" you mentioned. Part of the same thing.

Reply #9 - November 28, 2011, 02:40 PM

Part of the same thing.

Nope that is not part of same thing., It is different thing., Islam imposes certain rules on woman folks doing work outside of her home..

Muslim women   jobs are specific., and there are specific  Guidelines for  women working outside of her  home...

So you do indirectly qualify the sexual assault as part of the islamic values. It is just your normal result for the non-confirmity of the women to the "values" you mentioned.

what is that indirect business??   there are direct rules and regulations in Islam where women can work and can not work.,  If these ladies were in the middle of a group of women Protesters  in that Tahrir Square, it would have been different..

Let me give some preacher links on women folks and what type of jobs they can do /can not do..

Guidelines on women working outside the home

Women_work_Islam and Arab societies - A review by Yousuf Sidani

Dividing Duties of Husband & Wife in Islam

What are the requirements for Muslim women's dress at work place ?

Let me know if you would like to see some tubes by Muslim preachers on that..

Reply #10 - November 28, 2011, 02:49 PM

Just admit you are making excuses for those men. The non-wearing of the burqa has nothing to do with sexual assault, but you want to mix them up as a behaviour and its consequence.

Sexual assault is barbaric and should be treated as a crime, not as a consequence to a non-observance of a dress code. You are highlighting the immorality of religious thought.
     Reply #11 - November 28, 2011, 02:57 PM

You are also insinuating that these men are what you call muslims, and if that is islam, why would anyone be attracted to it? You're a bad salesman!
     Reply #12 - November 28, 2011, 02:58 PM

Cheesy

Yeez as Muslim propagandist. You heard it here first, folks.
     Reply #13 - November 28, 2011, 03:03 PM

The woman being lynched is not observing islam, and the men are. That says it all  Wink
     Reply #14 - November 28, 2011, 03:04 PM

Just admit you are making excuses for those men. The non-wearing of the burqa has nothing to do with sexual assault, but you want to mix them up as a behaviour and its consequence.

Nope, I will not admit that and  I am giving no excuse for those men and their behaviour., I am just telling the rules of Islam  for women to work outside of her home..  
    Sexual assault is barbaric and should be treated as a crime, not as a consequence to a non-observance of a dress code.

off course sexual assault is a crime, what all I am saying is there are some rule in Islam for women folks  so such crimes and assaults  gets minimized..

You are highlighting the immorality of religious thought.

Nope..  I am highlighting rules for women  folks in Islam where to work, where not to work and how to dress.

Here are Egyptian Islamic  preachers where 10s of thousands of young men watch and listen..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YDNH8mhnC8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSUJP9qulos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-J4X8yLQA0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03KfByZCyfw

this is how women should dress at work place

Reply #15 - November 28, 2011, 03:11 PM

The woman being lynched is not observing islam, and the men are. That says it all  Wink

Nope., That is what you are saying those  men are Observing Islam.,

I haven't said anything about men., I was only highlighting womenfolks- work place and rules of Islam..  yes those women were not observing Islam and Islamic rules..

Reply #16 - November 28, 2011, 03:16 PM

I don't need to watch your videos to understand what some islamic people want women to do. But you need a brainwave to understand that your mixing dress code rules and horrific inexcusable acts of barbarity as both stemming from "islamic values" is really revealing concerning your sense of morality.

You are not getting my point but that's okay, I am now well aware of what your values are.

About your last post, I was not asking about women folks work place in islam, I was questioning your view of  the islamic nature of those men. A real islam salesperson would have said "they are not real muslims, they don't represent me", but you, dude, have achieved an epic fail.

In a nutshell you are saying "it's normal, after all those men are just offended muslims, she was asking for it".
     Reply #17 - November 28, 2011, 03:31 PM

I don't need to watch your videos to understand what some islamic people want women to do. But you need a brainwave to understand that your mixing dress code rules and horrific inexcusable acts of barbarity as both stemming from "islamic values" is really revealing concerning your sense of morality.

I have no sense of morality.. neither I have religious morality., From the day I know what is wrong and what is right  

this is the rule....

that guides my moral values..no religions no books and no scriptures..

You are not getting my point but that's okay, I am now well aware of what your values are.

May be I am not getting your point., but tell me what are my moral values..

About your last post, I was not asking about women folks work place in islam, I was questioning your view of  the islamic nature of those men. A real islam salesperson would have said "they are not real muslims, they don't represent me", but you, dude, have achieved an epic fail.

In a nutshell you are saying "it's normal, after all those men are just offended muslims, she was asking for it".

I didn't say they are offended Muslims., neither I said She was asking for it.  That is a classic case of clash of upbringing in a men/women segregated   society with certain silly notions of women folks

where did you ask that direct question  on My  view of  the islamic nature of those men?

and who said I am  a real Islamic sales person? and who said I am a sales person for Islam??   That is indeed funny..

Reply #18 - November 28, 2011, 03:50 PM

About your last post, I was not asking about women folks work place in islam, I was questioning your view of  the islamic nature of those men. A real islam salesperson would have said "they are not real muslims, they don't represent me", but you, dude, have achieved an epic fail.

Aww, cute. You don't even realise how wrong you are.

Reply #19 - November 28, 2011, 03:51 PM

I truly hope one day you will wake up to the reality of what your belief system has done, if indeed you attribute this behaviour to your belief system. My husband, a practising muslim, in his innocence, would have just said it's disgusting and those men have no right to do that, just like the rest of the gentlemen on this thread. Your instinctive reaction was, the woman should have known better, and moreover you choose this as a platform to preach on women's behaviour.

I advise you to take a look at the man in the mirror and ask yourself how he turned so cold.
     Reply #20 - November 28, 2011, 03:56 PM

Aww, cute. You don't even realise how wrong you are.

I am just trying to make him realise what his reaction reveals about what he knows already about his religion but refuses to admit. Can't you tell?
     Reply #21 - November 28, 2011, 03:57 PM

Hmm... I think I'm gonna let it play instead, see how far you go before you realise your glaring error.

No offence, nothing personal, I could just do with a giggle.

Reply #22 - November 28, 2011, 04:01 PM

Go ahead and giggle then. I guess you don't understand about being humane. You, know what they say, ignorance is bliss. You obviously have never been sexually assaulted, just like him. If it ever should happen, remember your giggles and find comfort in them.
     Reply #23 - November 28, 2011, 04:02 PM

I truly hope one day you will wake up to the reality of what your belief system has done, if indeed you attribute this behaviour to your belief system. My husband, a practising muslim, in his innocence, would have just said it's disgusting and those men have no right to do that, just like the rest of the gentlemen on this thread.

I know my belief system is terrible godless and  I have no religious moral values ., In fact I am of the opinion Moral values and morality in human beings didn't come from religions but they are evolved with time.  I am so glad that you have a wonderful husband and practicing Muslim. In fact there are 100s of millions like that.

Your instinctive reaction was, the woman should have known better, and moreover you choose this as a platform to preach on woman's behaviour.

well., yes THOSE  women at least the French and American Journalist.. should have known better where they are going and what they are getting in to., At least those news papers who sent them there should have educated/warned them.  

I advise you to take a look at the man in the mirror and ask yourself how he turned so cold.

Yes godless.. the man is really cold specially on internet... He is cold hearted mean bastard

Reply #24 - November 28, 2011, 04:06 PM

"well., yes THOSE  women at least the French and American Journalist.. should have known better where they are going and what they are getting in to."

Aaaahhh...finally! I rest my case. They should never have gone into a real muslim environment! Thanks man, nice chatting. Later.
     Reply #25 - November 28, 2011, 04:07 PM

Go ahead and giggle then. I guess you don't understand about being humane. You, know what they say, ignorance is bliss. You obviously have never been sexually assaulted, just like him. If it ever should happen, remember your giggles and find comfort in them.

With your blundering ignorance and wild assumptions, you are about to cross my line and turn this from a mild joke into something personal.

Calm the fuck down, sit back, and read a little bit, before you say something you wont be able to take back.

Reply #26 - November 28, 2011, 04:10 PM

Have I hit a nerve? lol
     Reply #27 - November 28, 2011, 04:11 PM

"well., yes THOSE  women at least the French and American Journalist.. should have known better where they are going and what they are getting in to."

Aaaahhh...finally! I rest my case. They should never have gone into a real muslim environment!

I didn't say they should have NOT gone to Egypt.,

I know I am bad  and you seem to be working in a law firm godless., But that is reality of life.,

Thanks man, nice chatting. Later.

No..no please stay., If people like me don't read people like you., how can we change??

These discussions and debates are important steps. Off course if you are doing something and short of time.,  you should go but don't go just because you are upset with my posts..

with best regards
    yeezevee

Reply #28 - November 28, 2011, 04:12 PM

I'm not the one swearing here, I have only been debating. You, however, are losing your temper.
     Reply #29 - November 28, 2011, 04:13 PM

I'm not the one swearing here, I have only been debating. You, however, are losing your temper.

me.. ?? I am loosing my temper?? No..  Huh?

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »