Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: another moral dilemma

(Read 3318 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • another moral dilemma
     OP - November 24, 2011, 09:11 AM

so i have a male friend with whom i've slept. i guess you could say we're friends with benefits. then i met one of his close female friends for a bit. i thought she was really cute. is it wrong if i pursued her?
  • Re: another moral dilemma
     Reply #1 - November 24, 2011, 10:39 AM

nah go for it.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #2 - November 24, 2011, 10:41 AM

I would like to have these sorts of moral dilemmas
     Reply #3 - November 24, 2011, 10:54 AM

You could always ask him if he fancied going two's up?
     Reply #4 - November 24, 2011, 12:34 PM

he's gay. Tongue

I would like to have these sorts of moral dilemmas

i'm going through a quarter-life crisis and one of the things i've realized is that no matter how many people you pursue, no matter how many times you get hurt, no matter how many times you make a fool out of yourself, it's never enough. go out, be social, meet people, don't be afraid of making mistakes. i've pursued every single person i've had an interest in, including one of the hottest and most popular girls in high school, the one who's out of everyone's "league". i've spent so many days and nights hurting, depressed, heart-aching, but every experience gives me thicker skin, every experience makes me a more resilient, stronger person. there's really nothing like it. a lot of people get hurt once, twice, three times and become jaded. i refuse to be jaded. i'm incapable of being jaded.
     Reply #5 - November 24, 2011, 12:38 PM

I'm jaded! It's good, helps me focus on other parts of life, rather than waste time and effort on people who will end up hurting you :/ ....(but i still have personal issues to deal with).

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #6 - November 24, 2011, 12:48 PM

so i have a male friend with whom i've slept. i guess you could say we're friends with benefits. then i met one of his close female friends for a bit. i thought she was really cute. is it wrong if i pursued her?

Take anti-androgen pills like I do. You will lose your libido and then you won't have these problems and will be able to dedicate your time to posting more on cemb.

That sounded more appealing in my head.
     Reply #7 - November 24, 2011, 12:52 PM

Cheesy

there's too much negativity in this thread.
     Reply #8 - November 24, 2011, 04:37 PM

Awesome Abood is Prince of Awesome. Teach me, master!
     Reply #9 - November 25, 2011, 07:05 PM

h i've pursued every single person i've had an interest in...

Me too. All two of em'.

Mostly my problem is that I never meet anyone I'm interested in. Everyone is so boring >_>
     Reply #10 - November 25, 2011, 07:06 PM

including yourself?  whistling2

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #11 - November 25, 2011, 07:07 PM

To most people, I'm sure I am
     Reply #12 - November 25, 2011, 07:11 PM

Go for it if you want to! He's gay so it won't matter.

PS, Virgin here. Any tips? How do you plan on pursuing the girl? Wink
     Reply #13 - November 25, 2011, 11:05 PM

first step: talk to her. Cheesy
     Reply #14 - November 25, 2011, 11:45 PM

first step: talk to her. Cheesy

But who? I'm done with college and there's only guys at my work. I don't know how I find anyone, and I don't wanna use dating sites either.  =/
     Reply #15 - November 25, 2011, 11:46 PM

why not? close-mindedness won't get you anywhere. i actually met the guy on a dating site.
     Reply #16 - November 25, 2011, 11:56 PM

why not? close-mindedness won't get you anywhere. i actually met the guy on a dating site.

Wait so you are Bi (just curious)? And I already checked some dating sites, but no girl lives near me.

Reply #17 - November 25, 2011, 11:59 PM

yes i'm bi.

do you live in a small town? are there no cities nearby?
     Reply #18 - November 26, 2011, 12:02 AM

yes i'm bi.

do you live in a small town? are there no cities nearby?

Interesting. No I'm in a city. I meant that I didn't find anyone that I'd be interested in dating in my area on the dating sites.
     Reply #19 - November 26, 2011, 12:06 AM

patience. you need to learn to enjoy the ride. also, join clubs, organizations, volunteer, etc. good way to meet people with similar interests.

how old are you?
     Reply #20 - November 26, 2011, 12:15 AM

patience. you need to learn to enjoy the ride. also, join clubs, organizations, volunteer, etc. good way to meet people with similar interests.

Good points. I just need to get out more and find some new activities I'd enjoy doing rather than just going to work and computer at home. It'll not be easy, as I'm an introvert but I'll definitely try. Thanks and good luck with your situation!
     Reply #21 - November 26, 2011, 12:29 AM

i'm an introvert too. Wink i can't stand being at big events with no one i know around. i can meet a few people and blend in but it takes a lot of conscious effort. sometimes you have to put yourself in uncomfortable situations and break your boundaries.

thanks.
     Reply #22 - November 26, 2011, 03:38 AM

Nope go for it. Does she know that you're bisexual?
     Reply #23 - November 26, 2011, 03:39 AM

how the hell would she know?
     Reply #24 - November 26, 2011, 04:39 AM

he's gay. Tongue
    i'm going through a quarter-life crisis and one of the things i've realized is that no matter how many people you pursue, no matter how many times you get hurt, no matter how many times you make a fool out of yourself, it's never enough. go out, be social, meet people, don't be afraid of making mistakes. i've pursued every single person i've had an interest in, including one of the hottest and most popular girls in high school, the one who's out of everyone's "league". i've spent so many days and nights hurting, depressed, heart-aching, but every experience gives me thicker skin, every experience makes me a more resilient, stronger person. there's really nothing like it. a lot of people get hurt once, twice, three times and become jaded. i refuse to be jaded. i'm incapable of being jaded.

thanks for this.

beautiful.  Afro

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in.
     Reply #25 - November 26, 2011, 05:26 AM

You're not committed to anyone, so go for it... make the most of your youth Wink

Reply #26 - November 26, 2011, 05:47 AM

how the hell would she know?

How the hell would I know if she knows or not? Which is why I'm asking you. Anyways since it's not for a long distance relationship presumably, I guess that should be fine. Have fun  dance
     Reply #27 - November 26, 2011, 06:25 AM

sometimes you have to put yourself in uncomfortable situations and break your boundaries.

This * googolplex.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #28 - November 27, 2011, 01:33 PM

lol it's completely safe.. the guy's talking to me about someone he likes and is going on a date with. i got nothing to worry about.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »