Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: EDL Leader: Every Single Muslim Killed British Citizens on 7/7

(Read 8114 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: EDL Leader: Every Single Muslim Killed British Citizens on 7/7
     Reply #30 - September 20, 2011, 12:09 AM

Actually they themselves say that most muslims are not muslims at all.

Arthur.

+2

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #31 - September 20, 2011, 05:17 AM

>>>>>Why was it a "mistake"? The likes of Abu Hamza, Anjem Chodhury et al call THEMSELVES "Muslims". Why should this self-definition be rejected in favor of "Islamist"?<<<<<

What did Anders Brevik call himself?

A "Cultural Christian" I believe.

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #32 - September 20, 2011, 05:42 AM

Quote from: arthur1
    Because we need a definition that excludes many millions of muslims that are not intent on violence and stealth jihad and to give a name to those who are.

What about people who are not actively involved in overt frontline jihad-sharia organizations like the Muslim brotherhood but otherwise harbor a shariaized world as an ideal. In which category should we class these?

It's a bad thing to generalise

I generalize about all sorts of people.  I generalize that Christians hold certain core "Christian" beliefs like Jesus being the Son of God and people who don't accept this will burn in hell, but am aware of certain exceptions. I generalize that BNP members are on the whole racists, but am prepared to consider that there is the odd party member who joined up in ignorance of what they were getting into. Q-man, with less justification, once generalized that most white people hate black people. Why should self-proclaimed Muslims be spared from similar generalization?

there are many, many decent people who are muslims

I think it is better to say that there are decent people with a "Muslim" identity but who do not fit the only objective definition of "Muslim" we have ie one who unquestioningly "submits" to the will of "Allah" as expressed in the Qur'an. Otherwise we risk inadvertently bamboozling people into erroneously thinking that there is a valid distinction to be made between "Islam" and "IslamISM" and the latter can be effectively combatted while the former can be safely left to grow and spread in our midst. In other words we will be aiding the propaganda effort of the stealth jihadists.

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #33 - September 20, 2011, 05:49 AM

u d man arfur  Afro

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #34 - September 20, 2011, 07:13 AM

Quote from: Jesus Christ
    u d man arfur

Lordy! Is the the beginnings of an alliance between CEMB and the hated EDL?

Reply #35 - September 20, 2011, 07:30 AM

It's a recognition of arthur's fundamental humanity regardless of his political affiliation and some of his more objectionable political beliefs, and once you strip those away he seems like a decent person. You should not hold your breath expecting the same acknowledgement. Or, um, actually you should.

fuck you
     Reply #36 - September 20, 2011, 10:43 AM

I love how after 1400 years of arguments and sectarianism and conflict, DH has rendered all that irrelevant with his discovery of this objective meaning of Islam. Please, don't hog, alert the Muslim intelligentsia round the world. I'm sure they'll thank you.
     Reply #37 - September 20, 2011, 12:57 PM

Quote from: Colonel Q-Daffi
    It's a recognition of arthur's fundamental humanity regardless of his political affiliation

What is he? Some kind of neo-Nazi?

Reply #38 - September 20, 2011, 01:12 PM

Quote from: Prince Spinoza
    I love how after 1400 years of arguments and sectarianism and conflict,

Yup, in 1400 years Muslims, of whatever "variety", have utterly failed to produce a genuinely pluralistic society based on the genuine equality and respect for the basic human rights of all citizens regardless of religious beliefs or lack thereof. And there is no reason to expect that this will change in another 1400 years.

DH has rendered all that irrelevant with his discovery of this objective meaning of Islam.

As opposed to the  "Islam is whatever anyone who defines themselves as a Muslim says it is" school of thought to which you subscribe.

Reply #39 - September 20, 2011, 01:13 PM

Yup, in 1400 years Muslims, of whatever "variety", have utterly failed to produce a genuinely pluralistic society based on the genuine equality and respect for the basic human rights of all citizens regardless of religious beliefs or lack thereof. And there is no reason to expect that this will change in another 1400 years.

I have to point out here that after 1400 years, Christians had also failed dismally.

ETA: Oh and come to think of it, so had a lot of Buddhists.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #40 - September 20, 2011, 01:48 PM

Quote from: osmanthus
    I have to point out here that after 1400 years, Christians had also failed dismally. ETA: Oh and come to think of it, so had a lot of Buddhists.

Shall we then conclude that because "Christians", at least, have "succeeded" Muslims will sooner or later do likewise?

Reply #41 - September 20, 2011, 01:57 PM

Well, anything is possible. Bear in mind that Ahmadiyya is viewed by its adherents as being "true Islam", and they're basically pacifists who claim to love everyone (even if the actual practice may not be quite as idyllic as the nominal claims).

Reply #42 - September 20, 2011, 02:04 PM

Well, anything is possible.

But not very likely eh?

Bear in mind that Ahmadiyya is viewed by its adherents as being "true Islam", and they're basically pacifists who claim to love everyone (even if the actual practice may not be quite as idyllic as the nominal claims).

So all that remains is for the vast majority of Sunni and shia to be convinced of the sub-cult founder's utterly ridiculous distinction between "nabi" and "rasul" which he resorted to in order to claim he wasn't contradicting the Koran's statement that Muhammad was the last of the prophets.

Good luck!

Reply #43 - September 20, 2011, 02:09 PM

Not quite. There are already a range of non-Ahmadiyya Islamic interpretations redefine various aspects compared to the more traditional interpretations. It's all cherry picking BS of course, like most attempts to make old religions more palatable, but if it works then that's fine.

Reply #44 - September 20, 2011, 02:14 PM

Not quite. There are already a range of non-Ahmadiyya Islamic interpretations redefine various aspects compared to the more traditional interpretations. It's all cherry picking BS of course, like most attempts to make old religions more palatable, but if it works then that's fine.

Trouble is it's not "working" as we can see from the fact that an utter basket case situation is invariably created whenever a state is run on avowedly "Islamic" lines or is created through separation from a larger predominantly non-Muslim polity.

Reply #45 - September 20, 2011, 02:18 PM

No, it's not working particularly well yet, because at the moment not enough Muslims are convinced of the cherry picking BS. However we were talking about whether it was possible, not whether it was happening en masse right now.

Reply #46 - September 20, 2011, 05:23 PM

Nice duck. *yawn*

As opposed to the  "Islam is whatever anyone who defines themselves as a Muslim says it is" school of thought to which you subscribe.

No.
     Reply #47 - September 20, 2011, 05:28 PM

It's a recognition of arthur's fundamental humanity regardless of his political affiliation and some of his more objectionable political beliefs, and once you strip those away he seems like a decent person. You should not hold your breath expecting the same acknowledgement. Or, um, actually you should.

Afro

Arfur might be allied to a shit organization but at least he isn't a total cunt. Like DH.

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #48 - September 20, 2011, 05:31 PM

Fuck the EDL.

I had a bad run in with some stupid EDL member when I was in Aylesbury once, all coming over menacingly to try threaten us with a bottle, and I'm not even visibly muslim FFS, I'm just brown.

They claim to not be racist, and yet rather than muslim, they say Paki.  It's just football hooligans with minimal brain cells, the usual racist lager lout.  I'm glad Maryam told them where to get off.

kinda amusing how you're moroccan and you got called a pakistani  Cheesy

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

Reply #49 - September 20, 2011, 05:45 PM

Watch the whole speech, you will see that he refers to Ismalists all the way through until that final moment, he makes a mistake and says Muslim instead of Islamist, it was a genuine mistake made in the heat of the moment.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWBRmuqsl5Q

There is no way that EDL are against all muslims or that all muslims are responsible for 7/7, Islamist are and that is what he meant.

Arthur.

has he posted a retraction/apology?

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

Reply #50 - September 20, 2011, 06:36 PM

Quote from: DH on Today at 08:12 AM

I have to point out here that after 1400 years, Christians had also failed dismally.

ETA: Oh and come to think of it, so had a lot of Buddhists.

My opinion is even though christianity is not perfect, the problem with christians has been always that they don't follow the religion properly like in the gospels. In contrast with muslims, when the problems arise if they follow the religion properly!!
     Reply #51 - September 21, 2011, 06:18 AM

Nice duck. *yawn*
    No.

Let's come back to your above post then:

I love how after 1400 years of arguments and sectarianism and conflict, DH has rendered all that irrelevant with his discovery of this objective meaning of Islam. Please, don't hog, alert the Muslim intelligentsia round the world. I'm sure they'll thank you.

Well the main "sectarian conflict" in Islam was the shia-sunni split. This was, and continues to be, fundamentally a conflict over who was the rightful caliph after the death of Muhammad not over basic Islamic doctrine. Islam, like every other belief system has of course spawned numerous subcults which have themselves spawned numerous offshoots many of which have been persecuted or turned into persecutors if they have acquired the power to do so. I don't, however, see why it therefore logically follows that there is no OBJECTIVE definition of "Islam".

Reply #52 - September 21, 2011, 01:16 PM

I didn't say 'sectarian conflict'.

And it doesn't matter only what the main one is over.
     Reply #53 - September 22, 2011, 05:53 AM

I didn't say 'sectarian conflict'.

You wrote of "sectarianism and conflict" which I took to mean "sectarian conflict". So the "sectarianism" was without conflict and none of the "conflict" was sectarian?

Reply #54 - September 22, 2011, 06:10 AM

Try again.
     Reply #55 - September 22, 2011, 10:40 AM

Try again.

I'm stumped. You're going to have to spell it out for me.

BTW, I won't regard the spelling out of the word "it" as an acceptable answer or even funny.

Reply #56 - September 22, 2011, 03:25 PM

You two make a nice couple <3
     Reply #57 - November 01, 2011, 06:45 PM

I've been away a while. I never stay long in any one place.

I've gotten over being an ex-Muslim, it's done, now I'm trying to figure out why people join Islam4UK, EDL, BNP, Jewish Task Force, why people are racist, bigots etc.

Gone through much stuff, spoke and discussed issues with everyone from the very liberal to basically Nazis, read quite a lot of additional history.

My particular theory about the EDL:

Since the 6th century, there's been conflict virtually every generation until WW2.

In every era, there had to be a sizeable amount of people that can be convinced to fight without much skepticism, against whatever enemy they are told. If Vikings, Puritans, Romans, Scots are at the shore, if there's a league of Germans waiting to machine gun you down by the thousands per minute. Any logical person, would say "fuck that, I'm out of here."

When the EDL say "we fought and died for this country." I think that could be based on genetics, their kind are selected for, because when you think about it, there's a VERY fine line between bravery and stupidity. These are perhaps the stupid ones.

The only problem now is there's no one to fight.

This also applies to my evolutionary theory of the political spectrum. Like the honeybee population, a balance is maintained naturally, of 95% honey makers, and 5% who don't make honey, but guard the hive.

Perhaps human soceities have a similar kind of balance, we need change to develop, yet if there's too much change in a given time, it may backfire. I personally find the left and right irritating sometimes. But a person who is dogmatic about people having rights is better than being dogmatic about taking them away.

As I personally have no political category, perhaps I exist to say all the above.

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #58 - November 06, 2011, 06:14 PM

I don't think EDL are stupid, some one had to stand up and bring to the attention of a sleeping population that we have an enemy within, Islamists.

Now you may and probably do disagree with our methods but it was the only option available, to shout as loud as possible and cause the state as much trouble and money as is possible.

Would EDL have got the front page if we had held candle light procession or held badly attended seminars. NO, it would not, we would have been ignored, well we're not ignored now are we.

We have forced discussion of the problem and people are waking up, hopefully in time for something to be done.

When we see firm action being taken then EDL will disband and leave democracy to solve the problems.

You cannot grind down the working class in this country and not expect us to react, we were once the backbone of Britain and we have been relegated to the side lines by Thatcher and Blair and possibly by Cameron as well and we are not standing for it anymore.
    We were once the factory workers, the miners, the fishing industry, farm workers and we have been dumped.

Once upon a time we workers were united and strong we could bring down governments and they had to listen to us.
    Now our unions have been stolen from us by the middle class, mostly public sector workers and our political party, the Labour party hijacked by the same middle class college boys, who regard us with contempt.

With such contempt that they tried to replace us with people from all over the world, people who would work for slave wages, people who were unaware of their rights, all to please big business, why because we made sure via unions that we would not work for slave wages, so they got rid of us, made sure the education system didn't educate, stopped training us so that our young were not fit to work, no jobs for us in the NHS, only public sector our young can do now is to sweep the bloody streets or die in the army.

I, for one would like EDL to change direction and target all those traitors in Westminster who have betrayed us as well as the Islamists.

Arthur.
     Reply #59 - November 07, 2011, 06:04 PM

I don't think EDL are stupid, some one had to stand up and bring to the attention of a sleeping population that we have an enemy within, Islamists.

Before the EDL, we had no idea there were Islamists. thanks... Afro Afro

Now you may and probably do disagree with our methods but it was the only option available, to shout as loud as possible and cause the state as much trouble and money as is possible.

We actually don't disagree with your methods. The Egyptians and Tunisians used similar methods, the world was behind them and inspired by them. That's not the case with the EDL.

Would EDL have got the front page if we had held candle light procession or held badly attended seminars. NO, it would not, we would have been ignored, well we're not ignored now are we.

Islamic terrorists say the same thing, their metods get front page attention. This doesn't validate the ideology or give it any credibility.

We have forced discussion of the problem and people are waking up, hopefully in time for something to be done.

No, you havn't. This was already being discussed long before the EDL.

When we see firm action being taken then EDL will disband and leave democracy to solve the problems.

Action such as?

You cannot grind down the working class in this country and not expect us to react, we were once the backbone of Britain and we have been relegated to the side lines by Thatcher and Blair and possibly by Cameron as well and we are not standing for it anymore.
    We were once the factory workers, the miners, the fishing industry, farm workers and we have been dumped.

Shouldn't you be advocating for an increase in the minimum wage?

Once upon a time we workers were united and strong we could bring down governments and they had to listen to us.
    Now our unions have been stolen from us by the middle class, mostly public sector workers and our political party, the Labour party hijacked by the same middle class college boys, who regard us with contempt.

So...Islamism is the enemy, because they want to work outside the law, bring down the government and replace it with Shariah. Do you know why? Because they don't have support. You don't have enough support either. In total EDL members and Islamists make up probably 1 million people. Neither of you stand a chance I'm afraid.

With such contempt that they tried to replace us with people from all over the world, people who would work for slave wages, people who were unaware of their rights, all to please big business, why because we made sure via unions that we would not work for slave wages, so they got rid of us, made sure the education system didn't educate, stopped training us so that our young were not fit to work, no jobs for us in the NHS, only public sector our young can do now is to sweep the bloody streets or die in the army.

I, for one would like EDL to change direction and target all those traitors in Westminster who have betrayed us as well as the Islamists.

Traitor is a legal classification, it does not apply to people who think differently than you.

Before Jesus was, I AM.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »