Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: RE: Documentary

(Read 2717 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • RE: Documentary
     OP - October 24, 2011, 10:54 PM

Greetings,

I'm a student at Middlesex University studying TV Production (BA Hons). For my final year project I want to make a documentary on a person who has denounced their religion specifically Islam. The reason I want to focus on an ex-muslim is because I am keen to find why they left, their emotions and what they really think of Islam. I myself am a skeptic in regards to Islam and I have recently carried out substantial research into it to find out more. However I am very much interested in hearing from someone who has lived as a Muslim and their views on this matter.         

I understand the difficulties in someone sharing their experiences on this issue infront of a camera; but just to assure you this film will only be made for an educational purpose and not for any commercial gain.

I'd be very grateful if you could help me in this as it is a topic I am deeply passionate about.

You can contact me if you want more information. My email address is rhythmspeaks@live.co.uk. My mobile number is 07983475796.

Thanks!

Looking forward to hearing from you!
  • Re: RE: Documentary
     Reply #1 - October 25, 2011, 07:34 PM

I think you can understand why we might feel wary about this…
     Reply #2 - October 25, 2011, 08:06 PM

No real name given? Check.

Throwaway email address? Check.

Mobile phone number? Check.

No way to establish your bona fides independently? Check.

Stray question: does your documentary crew consist of one guy holding a camera and another one holding a sword?
     Reply #3 - October 26, 2011, 12:20 PM

Not actually participating in the forum? Check.

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #4 - October 26, 2011, 12:56 PM

No REAL introduction? Check

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #5 - October 26, 2011, 02:13 PM

Greetings,

I'm a student at Middlesex University studying TV Production (BA Hons). For my final year project

You can contact me if you want more information. My email address is rhythmspeaks@live.co.uk. My mobile number is 07983475796.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

well people are not worried whether you are graduate, undergraduate, high school drop out or school going kid rhythmspeaks..

But who are you rhythmspeaks..??

Are you Muslim, ex-Muslim, Future Muslim?? and what is the color of your underwear??
    and welcome to CEMB..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #6 - October 27, 2011, 12:45 AM

can ex-muslims be defined into categories of their reasons/motivations for leaving Islam, I mean not the rational reasons for leaving it but things like homosexuality, a more 'western' attitude towards sex, natural born coconuts (not using that offensively - some of the most intelligent asians I have met have been coconuts). I mean if you are straight male, and accept your brown skin so to speak, Islam is sorta made for you and perhaps it takes longer to examine the reality of Islam, much longer than it affects intelligent muslims who say were gay.

We have the internet and exposure, wrongful and rightful demonisation of islam after 9/11.

I don't like the term ex-muslim, i think rebels is better. Or not?

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #7 - October 27, 2011, 10:14 AM

I prefer O Rebel! As in Orebel is 'orrible. And is Hebrew for Raven of god. So that's pretty Black Metal.
     Reply #8 - October 27, 2011, 05:33 PM

Rebels with a cause.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #9 - October 27, 2011, 05:48 PM

My name is Himu Goswami. I'm an atheist although my parents are Hindus. The last 3 years of my life has been very important in terms of finding out about the dangers of Islam and the way it treats women unequally, the way it looks at homosexuals and ofcourse infidels. I have many friends who have denounced their religion (Islam) because of the pressure it was putting on them. Hence the reason I want to make a film regarding this.

I am pretty new to this forum. I was introduced to this by a member of the Council of ex-muslims Britain.

I'd be very grateful if you guys could help me on this film.

Thanks

Reply #10 - October 27, 2011, 06:02 PM

I’d rather not take part in a film which only denigrates Islam as though it were that simple.
     Reply #11 - October 27, 2011, 06:21 PM

I have many friends who have denounced their religion (Islam)

Shouldn't your project start with interviewing them?

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #12 - October 28, 2011, 11:16 AM

My name is Himu Goswami. I'm an atheist although my parents are Hindus. The last 3 years of my life has been very important in terms of finding out about the dangers of Islam and the way it treats women unequally, the way it looks at homosexuals and ofcourse infidels. I have many friends who have denounced their religion (Islam) because of the pressure it was putting on them. Hence the reason I want to make a film regarding this.

I am pretty new to this forum. I was introduced to this by a member of the Council of ex-muslims Britain.

I'd be very grateful if you guys could help me on this film.

Thanks

Hi Himu,

It was me who suggested you post your request here on the forum after Maryam passed your email on to me.

tbh CEMB get quite a few requests for interviews and films etc... Many I'm afraid we pass up. This is a very delicate issue as I'm sure you know. Many members are in the 'closet' - not to mention the various angles people come at this issue - many sadly from a very bigoted and distorted position - often only wanting to use us to confirm their preconceptions about Islam and Muslims.

It might help if you gave more detail about your own perspective and aim for this 'documentary'.

Smiley
     Reply #13 - October 28, 2011, 11:37 PM

Thanks,
    Apologies if I sound too vague or unclear. As in most documentaries, the key is to have a solid and interesting story within the film. The key to my documentary will be the role of One Law For All and its opposition of Shariah Law; as they state clearly on their website: "Sharia Councils and Muslim Arbitration Tribunals are discriminatory, particularly against women and children, and in violation of universal human rights."
    I have been in contact with Anne Marie Waters (spokesperson and campaigner at One Law For All) and she has kindly accepted the offer to help me on this film.

Furthermore, I definitely want to focus my documentary on Shariah Law but it would help the film if I could interview muslims (or ex-muslims) about their experiences of Shariah in their lives as this would give the documentary more depth and appeal - if this means blacking out the person's face for anonymity I am more that happy to do that. (Ironically, that would give the documentary more credibility). The film is only 10 minutes so in reality I will only use about a minute of the interview.

The main structure of the film is as follows:

- Montage of archive footage of pro-shariah protesters protesting in favour of Shariah in the UK/ Extremists inciting racial hatred and hatred to the country

- Statistical proof of the threat of Shariah (including news footage of cases where women and children have been attacked/killed)

- Introducing One Law For All. Interview with Anne Marie and/or Maryam Namazie. Include footage of OLFA events

- (this is where I need a few contributors from CEMB) Interview with a muslim/ex-muslim in regards to Shariah Law

- Interview with Anne Marie

- Conclusion

Hope this helps

Reply #14 - October 29, 2011, 12:00 PM

1. I do not know of this shariah law you speak of. Please explain it to me.

2. What proof do you have of this threat?

3. I fail to see the connection between footage of women/children being attacked and sharia law. I am assuming this all to be UK only.

Please answer carefully.

n = 0 : n + [1,1,1...]
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »