Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Free and kind of pissed

(Read 6022 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Free and kind of pissed
     Reply #30 - October 06, 2011, 06:46 PM

Welcome, by the way, Sortsdam! Sharrafit!

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #31 - October 06, 2011, 08:06 PM

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I guess I do have some resentment towards Islam and Muslims. Hopefully the latter will diminish but not the former! Cheesy

So I'm curious, when and how did you learn about taqiyya?

I learned about Taqiyya when a young kid, probably about 16 or 17, came to our mosque just after maghrib and he was asking about Islam, about three years into my conversion. He was interested in Islam, and I guess he thought no better place to come to clear up his misconceptions than a mosque! He asked about women in Islam, and we told him that they are equals and that they inherit property (of course we didn't say only half) and that they wear headscarves to protect their modesty and be seen as people rather than objects. Of course, we never mentioned that it was a way for a Muslim man to demonstrate power over her.

Then the potential convert began to ask us about suicide bombing. Interestingly enough, me and a few other Muslims had just been talking about martyrdom around Asr, and we had all came to the agreement that martyrdom was a glorious thing, and that jihad was permissible. We all knew, of course, that no one who died in Allah's cause, would want to come back to earth even if he was given the whole world and whatever is in it, except the martyr who, on seeing the benefits of martyrdom, would want to come back to die again in Allah's cause. So we all came to the consensus that martyrdom was a good thing.

But when this guy was asking about it, all of my fellow Muslims, with whom I had spoken only a few hours earlier, explained that suicide bombing was completely forbidden, and that suicide bombers were going against the fundamentals of Islam. They even had the nerve to bring up the oft-quoted and oft-misused verse "Do not destroy yourselves." I was somewhat taken aback by their blatant lies. Only later that night, did one brother explain to me that it is permissible to "withhold the truth" if it helps Islam. Although, he didn't explicitly say "taqiyya." But I began to notice this this tactic practiced more and more, which I guess was one of the contributing factors to uprooting my faith, mostly subconsciously.

yees jeg snakker dansk, bor i dk  Tongue ja da flyt hertil for at møde og se din danske kultur.. haha tror bare de vil være glade for du ikke er muslim længere  Smiley

Ja ja det er det, haha. Jeg er siggert mere fortrolig med Dansk cultur end Islam. Saa er de danskere, nej? Tongue
     Reply #32 - October 07, 2011, 02:44 PM

yees jeg snakker dansk, bor i dk  Tongue ja da flyt hertil for at møde og se din danske kultur.. haha tror bare de vil være glade for du ikke er muslim længere  Smiley

yup she is a whitey, wish i can hear the voice though Tongue

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #33 - October 07, 2011, 03:48 PM

Oh yes i will, just wait till i turn your twisted mind on like how i just twist the corked bottle now Tongue

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #34 - October 07, 2011, 04:05 PM

welcome Sortsdam~

More than anything, I am happy to hear you are able to
    mend your relationship with your dad.  My father died of
    complications from Parkinson's.  So I know exactly what
    you are going through   far away hug

welcome to our forum, and hope you find the answers and
    PEACE OF MIND for your angst.  We all felt angry to one degree
    or another after leaving islam.  Now its all about making the
    most of every moment, especially with those we love.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #35 - October 09, 2011, 07:14 AM

Tak Lara! Taler du dansk? Min mor er dansker så jeg taler Dansk også.

Fuck yeah I understand Danish!

Welcome, btw.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #36 - October 11, 2011, 05:44 PM

Welcome Smiley
     Reply #37 - October 12, 2011, 09:52 AM

Islamophobia is as real as Islamic-fueled racism.

islamphobia is an illogical fallacious term. A Phobia is an irrational fear. If you read surah 9 verse 5 or surah 8 verse 12 it would be very rational for a non-muslim to fear Islam.
     Reply #38 - October 15, 2011, 04:21 AM

Serpentofeden, that is exactly what I think. There is absolutely nothing irrational about fearing Islam. If someone were to cower away in a corner the minute a Muslim walks by, that would be irrational, but it wouldn't be Islamophobia. It would be Muslimophobia, which is quite different.

Jinn and Tonic, I think my father and I are doing better already. Although, his condition continues to deteriorate, however I spend time with him daily and help him in whatever way I can.

Thank you everyone for your support and kind messages. Smiley
     Reply #39 - October 15, 2011, 05:17 AM

When I was sixteen, I met a Muslim in high school who's family had immigrated from Pakistan, and we became good friends. At this age, I didn't realize exactly what Islam entailed, again to me, as it was to my father, it was more of a culture. I didn't really know the difference between Arab culture and Islam. I told him that my father was Muslim and so I guess he assumed that I was too. Well, one day when I was at his house, it was time for Maghrib, so his 4 other siblings and his parents gathered for prayer, and they asked me to join. Of course, they found out that I had no idea how to pray. Soon, Zeshan began inviting me to come to the masjid, and so I began to do so, and after reading some short dawah books on Islam, I became very interested, and soon converted.

I became quite a good Muslim after I said Shahada. I stopped eating pork, prayed five times, even did sunnah prayers and witr and I always went to jumu'ah. When my mother found out about my conversion, she was mostly indifferent to it. My father was somewhat proud that I had embraced a part of my heritage, but he barely knew anything of Islam. The last time he had prayed, he was probably 6. And how often does one pray at age 6?

I became convinced that this was Allah warning him of his disbelief. So, I began talking to my father about Islam, essentially re-educating him, trying to revert him. However, whenever I would get to the topic of hellfire and paradise, he would become uncomfortable with that, which he deemed as myths.....................I would even curse at him when he neglected to add "Sallallahu alayhi wa salam" after mentioning Muhammad. Our relationship became really strained, and he began to treat me like an outright fanatic.

My mother began to see the problems between my father and I, and so on several occasions she tried to talk me out of my firmly-held beliefs. This angered me even more, and I began to take refuge at the masjid. ......................

Damn Ebola Viral Islam of Pakistan. That is different breed of Ebola, it is hate filled Ebola from Land of pure.,   Where ever it goes, it ruins everything....

wonderful introduction Sortsdam., Greetings and my good wishes to you and your family. Your father is a very wise man.

Hmm. That picture is very familiar to me from other forums..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #40 - October 15, 2011, 06:43 AM

Quote from: Sortsdam
    I learned about Taqiyya when a young kid, probably about 16 or 17, came to our mosque just after maghrib and he was asking about Islam, about three years into my conversion. He was interested in Islam, and I guess he thought no better place to come to clear up his misconceptions than a mosque! He asked about women in Islam, and we told him that they are equals and that they inherit property (of course we didn't say only half) and that they wear headscarves to protect their modesty and be seen as people rather than objects. Of course, we never mentioned that it was a way for a Muslim man to demonstrate power over her.

Then the potential convert began to ask us about suicide bombing. Interestingly enough, me and a few other Muslims had just been talking about martyrdom around Asr, and we had all came to the agreement that martyrdom was a glorious thing, and that jihad was permissible. We all knew, of course, that no one who died in Allah's cause, would want to come back to earth even if he was given the whole world and whatever is in it, except the martyr who, on seeing the benefits of martyrdom, would want to come back to die again in Allah's cause. So we all came to the consensus that martyrdom was a good thing.

But when this guy was asking about it, all of my fellow Muslims, with whom I had spoken only a few hours earlier, explained that suicide bombing was completely forbidden, and that suicide bombers were going against the fundamentals of Islam. They even had the nerve to bring up the oft-quoted and oft-misused verse "Do not destroy yourselves." I was somewhat taken aback by their blatant lies. Only later that night, did one brother explain to me that it is permissible to "withhold the truth" if it helps Islam. Although, he didn't explicitly say "taqiyya." But I began to notice this this tactic practiced more and more, which I guess was one of the contributing factors to uprooting my faith, mostly subconsciously.

Anybody here still want to claim that taqiyya is a shia concoction or even that taqiyya is a paranoid hobgoblin of "anti-Muslim bigots"?

Hassan?

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #41 - October 18, 2011, 10:22 PM

yeezevee:
    Its familiar because its one of the original 12 Danish Cartoons which was published in 2005.

Welcome to the forum, Sortsdam!  parrot

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #42 - October 18, 2011, 10:24 PM

Anybody here still want to claim that taqiyya is a shia concoction or even that taqiyya is a paranoid hobgoblin of "anti-Muslim bigots"?

Hassan?

Taqiyiya is still something which is practised by a MINORITY of shias and which is unknown for mainstream sunnis and shias. I was a Muslim for 24 years - it was not until i read an article on an Anti-Islamic website i heard about taqiyya.

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #43 - October 19, 2011, 12:15 AM

signwelcome

I must say your story sorta reminded me of Hassan's. Check out his profile for his full story. I actually read it on reddit, before joining here and only realized now that it was the same person haha. Hey Hassan, cool story bro! No really.  Afro

"Live a good life. If there are god(s) and they are just, you will be rewarded based on virtue. If they're unjust, then you shouldn't want to worship them. If there are no gods, you will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of others."

-Re-interpretation of Marcus Aurelius
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »