Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: What purpose does this forum serve for you?

(Read 7048 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • What purpose does this forum serve for you?
     OP - October 12, 2011, 08:20 PM

Way too often members seem to get confused about what this forum was meant to do and seem to think that it is and should be dedicated to exposing Islam, and serious debate, serious topics, with no frills attached.

However that was not what this forum was ever started for quite frankly.  It was started to provide a place for ex muslims to find other ex muslims.  To talk about whatever ails them, and not feel so isolated or alone having chosen to reject their former support networks.

This will mean that you get a mix, serious talk, not so serious, rude, jokey, hostile, infact its human, and social, so what do you expect?

I'm a bit tired of being judged by some members about the slipping standards of this forum, they aren't slipping, they were never meant to be there in the first place.  Your idea that this forum is meant to expose islam is wrong.  This forum is about being a social place for ex muslims.  Should it expose Islam along the way, hey whoopee, but if it makes muslims feel better in their judgements too, so what.

What do you come here for?

Do you come believing we are here to work against islam and debate only?

Do you come because you like the company?

Enjoy finding ex muslims like yourself?

Feel less alone?

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Re: What purpose does this forum serve for you?
     Reply #1 - October 12, 2011, 08:22 PM

To waste tons of time apparently.  Cheesy

And to meet cool limey atheists who also have names like Mohammed and such.  grin12

fuck you
     Reply #2 - October 12, 2011, 08:24 PM

I find many attractions here. Firstly, the spark of happiness that every new ex arrives with is worth staying for alone. The level of respect between posters, the sense of real friendship, and admittedly, the siege mentality of 'being in it together'.
    A large part is also because there are some posters here whose posts I really enjoy reading.

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #3 - October 12, 2011, 08:24 PM

To be honest, I wouldn't be here if this place was all about serious debate and bashing Islam all the frikkin' time, I mean seriously which ex muslim in their right fucking mind want to spend all their time debating and revolving around Islam? I know I don't, and it's about time you the Admins/Mods of this forum tell these outnumbered bigoted hypocrites to go shave their ass! It's all fine to talk about anything under the sun as long as it pleases them. Pssht, bitch please. da finga

I see this place for what it is, and that is a social network with like minded people who (should) understand that Islam is our past and we wanna leave it there.
     Reply #4 - October 12, 2011, 08:34 PM

To feel less alone mainly, and to read interesting topics/funny topics, sometimes the serious ones (rarely).

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #5 - October 12, 2011, 08:36 PM

Now that you have asked, I actually don't know. I guess cos I think of myself as an ex-muslim, is that satisfactory?

Do you come believing we are here to work against islam and debate only?

Actually, I was quite surprised at the level of knowledge people have of Islam. As for debates, I would feel way out of my depth in most topics so cannot say I really do.

Do you come because you like the company?

I think, I do not truly know anyone here and neither do they know me. So maybe, in the future this may be the case. From what I have experienced, most people seem quite interesting.

Enjoy finding ex muslims like yourself?

Yeah, I guess this is the biggest pull of the forum (for me). Finding that I am not so special, or alone can do wonders for the mind. I mean, my loneliness has not changed, but at least I know its got little to do with being brought up in an Muslim household.

Feel less alone?

Yeah, in many ways this is true.

Oh this is a repeat question, for extra marks though I will repeat....

Now that you have asked, I actually don't know. I guess cos I think of myself as an ex-muslim, is that satisfactory?

n = 0 : n + [1,1,1...]
     Reply #6 - October 12, 2011, 08:38 PM

You. I come here for you, and your sardonic comments. And Hassan’s singing Afro.

More broadly, meeting like–minded people, and being able to criticise a religion I used to believe in without having others treat me like filth for it.

And some great musical taste on this forum! Oh yes, looking at the pretty piccies as well.
     Reply #7 - October 12, 2011, 09:00 PM

This site is an outlet for my highly repressed homoerotic longings, mainly.

I hasten to add that I never talk about sex. That would be immoral.
     Reply #8 - October 12, 2011, 09:13 PM

To waste tons of time apparently.  Cheesy

finmad  Shut up Gun toting chimpy

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #9 - October 12, 2011, 09:15 PM

Since I left religion I have always been curious why lots of other people still believe in all kinds of gods, and how it is affecting their lives.

Religion is organized superstition
     Reply #10 - October 12, 2011, 09:48 PM

I'm not an ex-muslim so take it for what it's worth. I came here for advice about my now ex bf who is a Muslim. I received a lot of it in a very quick time, it also made me feel very welcome.

Since my interest in Islam didn't cease I stayed and was a bit surprised to find interesting debates/discussions on all topics imaginable but most importantly quality discussions on Islam that I am sure would not find elsewhere on the internet.
    Even tho I don't post myself, I love coming here for the above reasons and to read some of the witty and humorous posts of others Smiley

I think a lot of us were brought here by google. Verily google guides whom it wills!

Reply #11 - October 12, 2011, 10:09 PM

You. I come here for you, and your sardonic comments. And Hassan’s singing Afro.

I approve of this reason.   cool2

Reply #12 - October 12, 2011, 10:10 PM

I approve of all of your replies.   dance

Reply #13 - October 12, 2011, 10:15 PM

Reply #14 - October 12, 2011, 11:30 PM

I am not an ex-muslim but I have several stealth ex-muslim friends, although my brummie relatives have had some "interesting" experiences with the muslim community there. I did come here primarily for the serious stuff because it's not from an "all muslims are evil" viewpoint that just about every other forum seems to be, but I'm enjoying reading the irrelevant nonsense as well  Smiley

I've been driven mad trying to prove my sanity
     Reply #15 - October 12, 2011, 11:32 PM

What do you mean by ‘interesting experiences’? Negative or positive?
     Reply #16 - October 12, 2011, 11:35 PM

To me, this forum has very little to do with Islam. It's a place to meet like-minded people, really awesome people, that I wouldn't have met otherwise. I've fallen in love here, I've had fights here, I've flirted incessantly here -- one would be stripping the forum of its human element by reducing it to academic discussions about a silly religion most of us have gotten over (yet stayed on CEMB for the company).

This is a forum for ex-Muslims, not ex-Islam.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #17 - October 12, 2011, 11:38 PM

This is a forum for ex-Muslims, not ex-Islam.

^ Afro Ooh, well said!
     Reply #18 - October 12, 2011, 11:50 PM

What do you mean by ‘interesting experiences’? Negative or positive?

Almost entirely negative. My cousin got out of an abusive relationship with one muslim guy when he started applying 4:34 (and using the quran as justification) before they got married, and she and my aunt suffer regular abuse for not being muslim in an area that has degenerated into a much more unpleasant area than it used to be when they first moved there.

On the other hand, I have had some positive experiences as well, so I'm not overly stereotyping in my approach to muslims. Beardies wearing shalwar kameezes dragging niqabis behind them always make me shake my head a bit tho... especially as I live in a seaside resort and I see this on the beach regularly  wacko

I've been driven mad trying to prove my sanity
     Reply #19 - October 12, 2011, 11:58 PM

I feel you on tat mr sanity.  I feel so sad when I see that.  Its just not right, or fair, and so crap that it happens.

When I used to wear a niqab I was unbelievably depressed and would walk around constantly angry that i had to wear it whilst my husband just walked freely.

I see those women and I feel for them, because they might feel like I felt once upon a time, and I wouldn;t wish that confusion on anyone.

In my mind I was totally aware of the hypocrisy, and yet in my emotions and fear i was totally bound.  It was so stupid looking back on it now.

Harakaat, loved your post.  That is how I see it.

This forum is my second home, I come here for the company.  Debate has long faded out of me since I left islam years and years ago and spent 3 years on FFI getting my desire for thrashing debates and anger over and done with.

I love this forum.  I really do.  The company is awesome, the people are smart but silly which i love.

if anything could replace that Islamic comunity feel, its this place, and it not only replaces it, but surpasses it for me. 

Reply #20 - October 13, 2011, 12:16 AM

if anything could replace that Islamic comunity feel, its this place, and it not only replaces it, but surpasses it for me. 

+1

My only misgiving is that it's still called the Council of ex-Muslims of Britain forum Tongue

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #21 - October 13, 2011, 12:27 AM

Brit tits or GTFO.   Tongue

Reply #22 - October 13, 2011, 01:13 AM

I come here in order to remind myself that there is hope in the world when people abandon irrational beliefs that constrain them.

Interested in Buddhism? Check out http://www.accesstoinsight.org/!
    Consider Nalanda University, and never let it happen again.
     Reply #23 - October 13, 2011, 02:44 AM

I feel like im at home,even though i feel lonely at times yet i still feel at home, i can relate to almost everyone in this forum and i have learned a lot of stuffs here that im remotely aware of.

This is the only place where i feel i can be myself most of the times and be more open(well, i try my best)

I also like being in the company of intelligent people and this forum is blessed with them., maybe thats why i dont hang out with people IRL cuz they are way too ignorant,dogmatic and ....... Infact i cant find the right adjectives and nouns to use in describing them because its so overwhelming and depressing enough), so i feel blessed for hanging out with amazing people online here.

I love this forum because of its diversity, we all come from different parts of the world,different race,different language and culture yet we are all like one big family,i wonder what CEMB would be like if its an island,lol, Unlike here where a common negro cant get along with another because one speak different language and have different belief wacko

Im all here for social reasons and make friends with kaffirs.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #24 - October 13, 2011, 02:49 AM

To waste tons of time apparently.  Cheesy

And to meet cool limey atheists who also have names like Mohammed and such.  grin12

Afro

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #25 - October 13, 2011, 02:57 AM

Originally I came to relate to people to not feel so alone, share stories and exchange advice, etc.

I stay for the great company.  Smiley 001_wub  dance

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in.
     Reply #26 - October 13, 2011, 03:47 AM

I come here for the rampant sexual energies and jokes based upon them. I stay for the trippy feeling I get when I realize the presence of solidarity I have with dozens of people I've never even met. It's all love.

"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."
    Muhammad Ali
     Reply #27 - October 13, 2011, 10:31 AM

The lack of Islam, mostly.

Although I've moved out of Muslim-land now and I still come here. It's... familial. There is more than a former religion binding here, and of course a lot of members were never even part of it, many people on cemb have uncommon depth of thought. It's a place to grow. And make dirty jokes.
     Reply #28 - October 13, 2011, 11:01 AM

To communicate with like-minded people, people who can understand where I come from, and who have been through similar experiences.

To learn things, too.

To blow off some steam, to be able to talk about anything without being judged being self-righteous assholes.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #29 - October 13, 2011, 12:11 PM

Well, I don't post much but I come here to read different stories, check new member introductions, patiently wait for new/nude pics to be posted Roll Eyes btw, Happy birthday Berbs. I like to read the different blogs etc and when my daughter is old enough I will happilly send her to this site to find out who made allah (a question she asked me last night) and I said uhhmm errr good question angel, when you find the answer let me know.
    This place is my refuge to get away from the Islamic aspect of my life. I don't think I will ever shout out from the top of my lungs that hey I am not a believer, this place however offers me that option to say Fuck Islam, fuck religion without having people look at me wide eyed and open mouths. I am happy in the space I am in and I like the forum the way it is, not a religion bashing palce.

Everyone is accepted with open arms until they prove themselves to be trolls no matter if you believe in the FSM or you are like Fatihah, a decentish  Cheesy muslim guy that wholeheartedly believes his religion to be true.

I enjoy The Rationalizers humour in his videos, I am happily married but get a hardon listening to Hassan's vids. I like it that Berbs dreams of being gang-banged and she can share those thoughts and I use to fantasize about Allat's avatar (the red one).
    I miss some of the older posters like Ishina (she had cool avatars I wanted to screw).
    I wanna still be on this forum when Harakaat loses his virginity and see Kodanshi's funky pics of himself.
    Cheetah's avatar had me salavating when I first joined the forum last year and Q Man became my wannabe South African Communist Muthaf'n friend on Chat.
    Other peoples post I enjoy are Zaiba (Still trying to twist my wifes arm for the 3some) Aurora, Peppermint Tits, Jema, Jesus Fucking Christ, Wyred, Nessa, Ifrit ( when are you visiting SA hey?) Ferrero cause she knows where potchefstroom is  grin12 Sunbul, Azuremist and the list goes on not forgotting the Nigerian beer drinking badass Naija.
    Lastly Fombles and the Chelski supporting wannabe prince who I made a voice recording for to fuck him.
    Oh yes I miss Musivore cause I felt we had something in common being married to Muslimah's, and Abu yunus the gunner.

As can be seen from above, most of you don't know me as I don't post much, but this forum the way it is means lots to me, I knew I forgot someone toor is my fucking hero and I don't wanna fucking mention Os cause of the Rugby this past sunday furious

I digress so PLEASE DON"T CHANGE THE WAY THIS FORUM IS RUN or else I will need to go to CEMB Anonymous
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »