Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi Everyone

(Read 3342 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hi Everyone
     OP - October 08, 2011, 04:48 PM

I am an recent Ex from Egypt. I am Egyptian. I grew up with very non practising parents, at 23 I needed to find God, and got bullshitted by different writers like Mostafa Mahmoud, and other Islamic thinkers as to why Islam was the answer to everything.

I followed, stopped drinking, behaved myself, quit the band, went to Mosque, struggled with Fajr (there were days and there were days), was a good devout zombie follower. Was surrounded at work with tons of salafi zombies too, so felt totally happy and safe in the comfort of zombie life. Just smooth sailing from here...

So those evil verses on killing non believers and ahl el ketab....Thats me not understanding the context or history
     And those about meteors being God burning the Jinn with divine cruise missiles....Metaphorical
     About a verse asking Mohamed to marry Zaids ex to show that men can marry the ex's of their ex adopted children...God knows better

and, and, and....And me: Sheep by choice.

I mean we exist= God Exists = Quran is right...Simple  Huh? Huh?

Then, first I rejected some ahadith, them most, then all Sunnah, then became Quran Only Muslim, then once reading the verses on beating up your wife for disobedience...That did it...Had my dad laid a finger on my mom I would have killed him...

After then the whole unravelled as pure fiction..Words of a man or a group of people trying to mind control others. They're descendants are still doing it till today....

I am still sometime struggling with the concept of being faithless...I depended on God to do a lot things for me by wishing them..No more genie...I still think this is some spectacular spirit behind creation..But HE/IT is certainly not to be found in any book...

So, free at last...Scary to be out of the flock, but amazing to be able to have a free mind, and not being afraid to use it, thinking your thoughts can be seen !   thnkyu

Happy to know I am not alone and great to meet you all!

اه, يا ولاد الكدابة
  • Re: Hi Everyone
     Reply #1 - October 08, 2011, 05:01 PM

Welcome, se7son! Wonderful avatar!

Also, I fucking love your writing. It's distinctive, kind of like yeezevee's (you'll meet the old man soon enough).

Have you told anyone about your apostasy?

Here's your welcome dancing Arab:

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #2 - October 08, 2011, 05:05 PM

Hello and welcome se7zon. I read your story with interest. You are one of many Egyptians on this forum. Enjoy, and I hope your fine country will not fall into the hands of crazy salafists. Oh, and have the customary parrot  parrot

Religion is organized superstition
     Reply #3 - October 08, 2011, 05:12 PM

Welcome!!!

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #4 - October 08, 2011, 05:31 PM

Welcome to the forum, dude. signwelcome

I enjoyed reading your intro.   Afro

was a good devout zombie follower. Was surrounded at work with tons of salafi zombies too, so felt totally happy and safe in the comfort of zombie life. Just smooth sailing from here...

Nicely put. Cheesy
    "sami3naa wa a6a3naa"

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #5 - October 08, 2011, 06:50 PM

Welcome Smiley

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #6 - October 08, 2011, 07:00 PM

Hellooooo  bunny
     Reply #7 - October 08, 2011, 08:11 PM

Welcome Smiley  parrot

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #8 - October 08, 2011, 10:06 PM

That was quick, this is one cool crowd  dance...Thank you all for the warm welcome..The creators for this forum have done a great job. I would have been an apostate earlier had the I known the emo's are so cool here   Cheesy 

Thank you TheRationalizer for introducing me to this forum Smiley And thank you all for encouraging comments.  I am looking forward to meeting all of you. I am happy to know there are a lot of my homey's here from Egypt...Mass2 el fol  Afro

Answering Harakaat...Only one friend who is a devout Christian I have been able to discuss with. As this would probably be the only person not giving me a hard time and maybe encouraging me. But they have their issues too and soon as I make fun of the man who lived inside a whale, or the the man who parted the sea, they jump at me for being literalistic and not allegorical in my understanding of holy scripture...bla bla bla.....I am still working on them Wink

As for the family and friends, I find it hard to "come out", not that I am worried about myself, but I am worried about them being really shattered and worried how I sold my 2akhra (Hereafter) for my donia (Here Wink ) and El Shaytan is going to sodomize me. They will think I am a quack, and I am certain they noone will kill me or yoqeem el 7ad. Maybe if I run an advert  in the papers (Al_Ahram) announcing my faithlessness, that could invite freaks.

But for example a friend of mine is quite ill and they take a lot of comfort and hope from prayer and mosque group activities and lessons. They think it will help them get cured from a serious chronic disease. It will be utterly cruel to go and tell him, no-one is going to help you, stop asking for help from air, When it ends it ends, so please try to the see the light here, see how  the truth is better ?  piggy.. But for most others I do try and subtly inject doubt with little questions here and there...same questions we are very familiar with..."Like how come the Quran says God holds birds in the sky while they are flapping their wings (Surat el Molk), and he does not hold Airplanes?  Or does he ? I always wondered about that" hmmm.... Interestingly I see good signs here, like people saying yes, we know this is BS here..Or we know no one understand this...

I am hopeful

اه, يا ولاد الكدابة
     Reply #9 - October 08, 2011, 10:15 PM

Sometimes religion is like telling a little kid an egg from the supermarket will hatch into a chick. Sometimes it's better to let those who find comfort in religion let them be. For the rest us we find strength within ourselves. =p

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #10 - October 08, 2011, 10:22 PM

welcome se7son~  Enjoyed reading your intro. here's a lil jinn to welcome you lol
    ghost

I recently experienced a death of a friend, and encountered similar thoughts about
    would it  be better to let the words of their religion comfort them in this time of loss,
    or should i spoil the party, and tell them the truth?  I chose to let them be comforted,
    but also encountered some internal conflict, since this was the first death i experienced
    as an atheist.  Got scared, and almost went backwards to find comfort of my own.  
    Thanks to some sound wisdom and advice, I didnt.

Yeah.. the rationalizer is awesome!   Afro

again. welcome  Smiley

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #11 - October 08, 2011, 10:33 PM

Sometimes religion is like telling a little kid an egg from the supermarket will hatch into a chick. Sometimes it's better to let those who find comfort in religion let them be. For the rest us we find strength within ourselves. =p

I think that's a good attitude to adopt, as long as we don't take it to the extreme and start patronizing religious people or "shielding" them from our "truth" for their own "good", as some people do.

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #12 - October 09, 2011, 11:17 AM

Ahlan.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #13 - October 09, 2011, 01:00 PM

Ahlan Beiko

So do most people live in the UK, or are there folks who live in Egypt or other Arab/Islamix countries aswell ?

اه, يا ولاد الكدابة
     Reply #14 - October 09, 2011, 09:39 PM

Ahlan wa sahlan, se7son - we have quite a few Egyptians and half Egyptians here - including myself. A few living in Egypt - some are not active at the moment.

I live in London, but I have a sister in Masri el-Gedida.

We also have a surprising number of Saudis - and some from North Africa, Iraq and other places. Most here are South-East Asains. Smiley

And most live in the UK.
     Reply #15 - October 09, 2011, 09:46 PM

I am hopeful

Makes a change.

Good intro, by the way.
     Reply #16 - October 09, 2011, 09:51 PM

el masryeen ahoma

[13:36] <Fimbles> anything above 7 inches
    [13:37] <Fimbles> is wacko
    [13:37] <Fimbles> see
    [13:37] <Fimbles> you think i'd enjoy anything above 7 inches up my arse?
     Reply #17 - October 09, 2011, 09:54 PM

The Egyptian Mafia grows by one.   Afro

Don't worry.  One day my moroccan bredrin will stop being slaves and join the forum too, and then we will take you egyptians down.   parrot

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #18 - October 09, 2011, 09:55 PM

lol moroccans  cool2

don't get your hopes high

[13:36] <Fimbles> anything above 7 inches
    [13:37] <Fimbles> is wacko
    [13:37] <Fimbles> see
    [13:37] <Fimbles> you think i'd enjoy anything above 7 inches up my arse?
     Reply #19 - October 09, 2011, 09:56 PM

7ayawya w 3azm w hemma

Bazinga!
     Reply #20 - October 09, 2011, 09:57 PM

One day my moroccan bredrin will stop being slaves and join the forum too, and then we will take you egyptians down.   parrot

Never! Masr Ummu-Dunya!
     Reply #21 - October 09, 2011, 09:58 PM

lol moroccans  cool2

don't get your hopes high

With me, everythings always high.   cool2

Reply #22 - October 09, 2011, 09:58 PM

Makes a change.

Good intro, by the way.

666 posts. You are of the Devil, David.

You should be quite proud of yourself!

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #23 - October 09, 2011, 09:59 PM

With me, everythings always high.   cool2

Love your new avatar - but then your avatars are always brilliant.
     Reply #24 - October 09, 2011, 10:00 PM

welcome se7son Smiley glad you found this place and I'm sure you are going to enjoy your time here Smiley

I think a lot of us were brought here by google. Verily google guides whom it wills!

Reply #25 - October 09, 2011, 10:02 PM

I like how this thread is turning into a microcosm of Arab politics!

واتفق العرب على ألا يتفقوا... مرة أخرى

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #26 - October 09, 2011, 10:03 PM

Never! Masr Ummu-Dunya!

Reply #27 - October 09, 2011, 10:04 PM

Love your new avatar - but then your avatars are always brilliant.

Thanks Hass.  I feel this one really shows who i am inside.  Grin

Reply #28 - October 09, 2011, 10:05 PM

Wait a minute.   mysmilie_977

I just fell for an Egyptian mafia tactic, the hit and run compliment to distract the Moroccan retard.

Damn it.

Reply #29 - October 09, 2011, 10:15 PM

BEST

GIF

EVER

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »