Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Can ecstasy cure cancer?

(Read 3846 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Can ecstasy cure cancer?
     OP - September 27, 2011, 01:05 AM

Ecstacy 100% Proven To Kill Cancer Cells

Now you can add another to your checklist of reasons to go to Club Space this weekend: a modified super-version of the club drug ecstasy has been “100% proven” to kill all blood related cancer cells.  Back in 2006 when they started these experiments, they determined that in huge doses, ecstasy and antidepressants proved to shut down the already cancerous cells and prevent them from continuing their toxic growth.  But the downside was, the doses of both would have to be in such high amounts that it would be lethal to the patient. Scientists at The University Of Western Australia have chemically modified ecstasy so that some atoms were taken away and replaced with others.  Lead researcher Professor John Gordon, from the University of Birmingham, told the BBC: “Particularly the leukemia, the lymphoma and the melanoma, where we’ve tested these new compounds we can wipe out 100% of the cancer cells in some cases.”  So now, what would normally take 100mg of ecstasy to do the job (and would kill you) they can do in 1mg.

But don’t get too excited yet, because these are just test tube results.  Before doctors would ever start prescribing it, it would need lengthy testing on both animals and humans before it would be mainstream.  Last year I also wrote a story titled “About To Die?  Just Get High!” which talked about how the main ingredient in magic mushrooms called psilocybin calmed even the most terrified nerves of terminal patients.   So basically drugs are wonderful for you in the right circumstances.  But don’t get too excited just yet, according to scientists, BBC and other estimates, it could take up to 10 years until ecstasy becomes mainstream in the medical treatment world.  But still, extremely good news and a huge step into fighting cancer.

SF Chronicle

Do drugs, kids.

dance
  • Re: Can ecstasy cure cancer?
     Reply #1 - September 27, 2011, 01:32 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V30csrghWvg
     Reply #2 - September 27, 2011, 03:15 AM

Last year I also wrote a story titled ?About To Die?  Just Get High!? which talked about how the main ingredient in magic mushrooms called psilocybin calmed even the most terrified nerves of terminal patients.

I can see that happening. Grin

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #3 - September 27, 2011, 03:50 AM

Shrooms were a really weird experience for me. I don't think I ever want to try them again.
     Reply #4 - September 27, 2011, 04:03 AM

Neat. Too bad they can't cure bad dancing and terrible music.

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #5 - September 27, 2011, 06:35 AM

Shrooms were a really weird experience for me. I don't think I ever want to try them again.

Fuck yea.  And I have taken LSD lord knows how many times in my life with no stressed effects (except that microdot, but at least I was alone tripping out which didn't impact my disorder).  But shrooms, or truffles which is what I took, I don't ever want to do again. 

That was one nightmare I have no desire to relive.  I hid under a blanket crying like a bitch.   Cheesy

But for the thread, fingers corssed this is true.  I have taken loads of ecstasy in my life, be nice to think I might not get cancer cos of it. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #6 - September 27, 2011, 08:17 AM

Word of advice: if you're going to do shrooms, do not take them inside a house. Get outdoors.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #7 - September 27, 2011, 08:20 AM

And above all do not take them at a concert unless you want to go blind for a few hours..
     Reply #8 - September 27, 2011, 08:33 AM

Word of advice: if you're going to do shrooms, do not take them inside a house. Get outdoors.

And if you have self esteem issues................do not catch a glimpse of yourself in any reflective surface, nor look at your skin. 

It was the microdot when I was 15 that led to years of refusing to own a mirror, and the truffles last year that made me relive that nightmare again.   Cheesy Cheesy

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #9 - September 27, 2011, 12:04 PM

I couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror. I was in the bathroom for a really long time, my friends were concerned. I was expecting to metamorphose into a rabbit anytime. I also had my finger under the running water, expecting it to be a wormhole into another universe. Cheesy
     Reply #10 - September 27, 2011, 12:08 PM

Cheesy

they used to use x for ptsd therapy.  Dammitall!  they stopped doing it.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »