Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Food Thread and Diet/Fitness

(Read 3657 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Food Thread and Diet/Fitness
     OP - October 27, 2011, 12:06 AM

Don't know how popular this thread would be on this forum but you don't know till you tried it. basically you can chat about all the foods you eat, what yoy are eating now, home-cooked or fast food,what you hope to eat later etc, diets that you are on, exercise or lack of it and recipes. One thing going for it is that because this is an international site we may get different foods.

One thing that fights depression is exercise.

I'll start off with I am boring eater at the mo, my breakfast has been the same for many years, two-fried eggs, two pan-fried toast and a can of Coke Zero.

I love cake. I dont eat pork.

Not very healthy . Though that breakfast does it get you started on a good meal, 500 carbs max, dont eat for at least four hours afterwards and if you have exercised for say half-hour within the last hour of eating it, it is virtually burned away.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
  • Re: The Food Thread and Diet/Fitness
     Reply #1 - October 27, 2011, 01:12 AM

Humm... interesting. This account is likely not what you had in mind but I'm sitting in my car on the side of the road with nothing else to do for awhile.

About 2 hours ago I vomited my dinner that was a very salad. I took my meds and a nap but still can't drive for about 2 hours just in case I get stopped that will take me out of the DUI zone.

This morning for breakfast I had 2 slices of (sort of) homemade oat and wheat bread that also had in it dryed fruit, flax seed. sunflower seeds, and pecans. Today I had it with butter because I have doctors appointment soon and am concern about losing weight (more then I should since last apontment). I also had fresh pineapple. Drank 1 litre of water with minerals and e-lytes.

My dinner salad had mixed lettuce, some greens, spinage. Dried cranberries. Mild peppers. Pecans and Flaxseed. Strawberries and pineapple. Olive oil and very small pinch of sea salt.

Usually I drink about 5 litres of fluids a day. This is because of my medications so I have to be very careful about my eletrolyte balance. (also because I vomit a lot which also has to do with my medications)

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #2 - October 27, 2011, 05:54 PM

Had coconut cake today - who can't love coconut?

Lynna - I am not a foodie so it may not be strange to other people but your salad that did not stay down, it's a bit diverse innit? By that I mean you mention lettuce/greens and spinach AND strawberries and pineapple - to me that seems stuff that doesn't go together. But like I said I am a boring eater at the mo - what do I know?

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #3 - October 27, 2011, 08:47 PM

Oh that kind of mixture is typical for vegetarians. I'm not but, nearly only eat meat three or four meals a week.

The medication I take to control my problems from my head injury has gastric problems as side effect. In fact 17% of the adults that start taking it end up discontinueing because of weight loose. So far I've lost 70 pounds. Good thing is I was over weight to start with.

Today for breakfast I had rice cakes (like puffrice make into disc) with almondbutter, chocolate and strawberries. Of course lots to drink.

BTW I like coconut next time I make breakfast bread I think I'll make coconut. It's more like cake, not sweet. It's not yeast bread.

Reply #4 - October 27, 2011, 08:50 PM

Horse meat is delicious, whether eaten as steak in France or raw in Japan.

Sadly I've never tried dog. (To my knowledge, that is.)
     Reply #5 - October 27, 2011, 09:07 PM

Do you eat horse meat as part of your regular diet or just when you are visting France and Japan?

Do you go to Koran? Maybe you had dog. Who knows wacko Why is be worse then horse? Huh?

Reply #6 - October 27, 2011, 09:14 PM

No, it's not part of my regular diet.

You can barely even find it in France these days.
     Reply #7 - October 27, 2011, 10:38 PM

If you're interested in diet and fitness, you might enjoy this: http://www.fit2fat2fit.com/

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #8 - October 27, 2011, 10:57 PM

I had a slice of toast for breakfast with butter.

2/3 of a croissant for lunch.

And one slice of bread, 2 cherry tomatoes and a slice of cheese for dinner.

*too much confusion over whether today was good food wise or bad.

So I'm just gonna dance.  dance

I wish i wasn't such a lazy bum though, then I would exercise, something I seriously need to do.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #9 - October 27, 2011, 11:03 PM

I've been eating so unhealthily lately. And the worst part is that I'm not even motivated to get back on a healthier diet.

mysmilie_977
     Reply #10 - October 27, 2011, 11:10 PM

Reply #11 - October 27, 2011, 11:12 PM

I've been eating so unhealthily lately. And the worst part is that I'm not even motivated to get back on a healthier diet.

mysmilie_977

I could tell by your posts in the "Fuck Pakistan" thread.  Afro
     Reply #12 - October 27, 2011, 11:24 PM

Huh?
     Reply #13 - October 27, 2011, 11:50 PM

Huh?

Nevermind, I was referring to the "fuck Buddhism" posts that you wrote. Tongue
     Reply #14 - October 28, 2011, 12:12 AM

*too much confusion over whether today was good food wise or bad.

Perhaps we should not worry if it was good or bad.
     What if we just go with it was a day! sigh.
    Perhaps a whole croissant tomorrow? :-)
    Have you ever tried Hazelnutbutter or Almondbutter on your toast?

I try to eat 8 different food each day.
    There is another part to that about how  often, as in how many days before repeating the same food, but I've got my favorites.

Reply #15 - October 28, 2011, 12:28 AM

Your diet today - you dont mention drinks - that is only 600 calories tops. A woman needs 1800-2000 a day to maintain weight. If you were on a diet, that is a good day, if not, eat.

Reply #16 - October 28, 2011, 12:39 AM

Well I had 5 rums and 4 cups of tea.

So I reckon I hit my calorie thingy.

Reply #17 - October 28, 2011, 12:55 AM

Well I had 5 rums and 4 cups of tea.

Not saying that you are on a diet, but i read recently that there is a trend for some women to diet in order to save calories for alcohol.

Reply #18 - October 28, 2011, 01:00 AM

ehh, I'm not on a diet per se.  I just have a serious eating disorder.

I didn't save my calories for the booze.  I didn't even know I was going to a bar until after my lecture. 

The not eating thing is as natural as breathing these days.

But its cool.  I'm having sushi and steamed dumpling thingys tomorrow to make up for it.   dance

Reply #19 - October 28, 2011, 02:48 AM

I don't get not eating. If I don't put something with fat and meat and shit in my body for lets say 2 hours, it just goes on strike and sometimes violently rebels.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #20 - October 28, 2011, 04:43 AM

I don't get not eating. If I don't put something with fat and meat and shit in my body for lets say 2 hours, it just goes on strike and sometimes violently rebels.

Your a young male. Right? (sometimes it's hard to tell)

Usually young males don't have eating disorder that include not eating. But sometimes they do.

What a persons eats is something that they themself have control of. No one else can force you to eat and unless they lock you up no one can stop you from eating. So some people whose lives are out of control or seems so to them ultra control what they can. That is their eating. Thing is once a person has eaten very small portions for an extended period the body rebels at larger or normal portions.

This is just a general basic outline of how it can happen. There are many possible variations and individuals with actual concerns should see a physician.

In my case it started with my medication that nearly stopped my desire to eat and causes nausea and vomiting when I do eat. Now even if I take mediation to stop (if it works) the nausea and vomiting I just don't real like to eat. Believe me, I see my doctors frequently.(Maybe that's why I like working at the prison that  way I don't have to be at the hospital when I'm at work and when I'm at the hospital)

Reply #21 - October 28, 2011, 07:12 AM

Nevermind, I was referring to the "fuck Buddhism" posts that you wrote. Tongue

yeh, i know, i don't get it...
     Reply #22 - October 30, 2011, 08:36 PM

On Sunday my sister and I usually go to my nephew's oriental resturant for lunch. I didn't eat much because we're taking her grandchildren to see "Puss in Boots". I'm going to have popcorn at the theater, that's the plan anyhow.

Reply #23 - October 31, 2011, 12:14 AM

I'm going to have popcorn at the theater, that's the plan anyhow.

Did the plan work out? And do you like them salted or sweet?

I remember once discussing with my Aunt as a 16 years old about determinism/god's will etc in Pakistan,before the debate started I had left a mango in the 'freezer' to cool down quickly for me to eat and I told my aunt, that my plan was to eat it, obviously this is relevant to the story.

Anyways to cut a long story short many hours after the debate, i realised that I had forgotten to eat the mango. My aunt turns around and says ' See your plans to eat the mango was not God's will. Lol

I had a nice curry from my local today, a balti chicken, 2 roti's, lamb chops and a Hazelnut Crunch ice cream. Lovely, well content. Also today had really tasted blackcurrant cheescakes from the co-op. They are yummy. They come in a pack of 3, having one right now, Mmmm.

Reply #24 - October 31, 2011, 03:01 AM

Actually I ended up eating good today.

I had posted that from my phone after my sister had left and I was still at the resturant watching TV. My nephew's father in law has just come back from the Phillipians yesterday and had brought some little cakes. They are nice with sweet bean curd center like I would eat as a child in Indonesia. Anyhow I had one.

At the movie I also had popcorn. I like it just a little salty. I'm kind of spoiled. I always ask for my popcorn butter to be heated up special so it will be warmer then just normal. That way it seems to me more fresh and tasty. They always will do it for me. One of the benifits of living in a small town where every one knows your business. Eat most the popcorn myself shared some with my great nephew, he's 2. He's my favorite he was born on my daughters birthday.

So you also eat out today?   

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »