Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The clever tactics of Islamophobes

(Read 12735 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: The clever tactics of Islamophobes
     Reply #30 - September 22, 2011, 11:42 PM

That's because they make up a substantial amount of their fanbase, no use pissing them off, they are the paying public. Some clubs are in the premier League, others occupy the lower leagues and Palestine is not even in the Ryman's league. And the Football Association of England usually applies different rules for the richer clubs than the rest.

Try applying the same standards to any muslim country and you start to see a different standard though. Turkey is the least islamic of all the muslim countries in it's application of legal structures, yet treats half it's population worse than animals. Malaysia is possibly the most tolerant of all the muslim nations with regard apostasy (i.e. it doesn't kill apostates), yet has the most inconvenient legal walls in front of leaving islam, and has legal superiority for muslims over non-muslims. Palestine is a whole other argument entirely, but it's leadership seems to be even more self-serving than even the worst of the US politicians.

I've been driven mad trying to prove my sanity
     Reply #31 - September 22, 2011, 11:43 PM

I think Obama is a moslem.
     Reply #32 - September 22, 2011, 11:45 PM

I think he's a mussel.
     Reply #33 - September 22, 2011, 11:48 PM

Didn't george Bush say God told him to end the tyranny in Iraq. Religion also surfaced as an issue when Mr Bush and Tony Blair were reported to have prayed together in 2002 at his ranch at Crawford, Texas - the summit at which the invasion of Iraq was agreed in principle. Mr Blair has consistently refused to admit or deny the claim.

George Bush is a moron, and the war in Iraq was utterly wrong. Saddam may have been a bit crazy and brutal, but at least he was in charge of a stable country instead of the unstable intolerant mess that we have left. Bush made far too many serious errors and will be remembered as one of the worst presidents ever... his extreme religious beliefs are his excuse for wanting to play soldiers like his dad did..

Aphrodite: I think you may be correct there.. he has a muslim father, went to a muslim school in Indonesia.. Christianity may well just be a beard to get elected. His stance on the issue of palestinian statehood would then just be another cover as elections are coming to soon to have any other stance.

Reply #34 - September 22, 2011, 11:50 PM

Mr Sanity  -  No denying that in my analogy the lower league clubs treat their fans like shit.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #35 - September 22, 2011, 11:51 PM

Mr Sanity  -  No denying that in my analogy the lower league clubs treat their fans like shit.

Definitely.

Reply #36 - September 22, 2011, 11:59 PM

Uh, Islamophobes are dicks but Muslims are also dicks.

This is some high level dick on dick action.

ETA: Looking back at this post, I just want to clarify nothing wrong with some good dick on dick action. This isn't the good kind.

n = 0 : n + [1,1,1...]
     Reply #37 - September 23, 2011, 12:27 AM

Mr Sanity - it does seem that premier league clubs want to change board-rooms, nick some of the star players (resources) on the cheap and point out the hooliganism associated with said lower league clubs.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #38 - September 23, 2011, 01:37 AM

Mr Sanity - it does seem that premier league clubs want to change board-rooms, nick some of the star players (resources) on the cheap and point out the hooliganism associated with said lower league clubs.

Sadly this is the case on both sides. The lower league club players also clamour to join the premier league clubs but far too many are willing to sit on the benches and shout insults and interfere with their new club

Reply #39 - September 23, 2011, 02:14 AM

FBI TRAINER   William Gawthrop Lecture on Islam...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjLs5DR9UJo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsOU0S-gZfU

Huh!...  He is FBI Guy??  Man do anything you want against Islam but  leave Muslim who live with in your country rules & regulations..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #40 - September 23, 2011, 07:17 AM

Uh, all Islamophobes are dicks but  some Muslims are also dicks,
    and one-sided,self righteous apologists are the most irritating pricks.
    This is some high level dick on dick action.

ETA: Looking back at this post, I just want to clarify nothing wrong with some good dick on dick action. This isn't the good kind.

A slight modification to indicate how I feel about this

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #41 - September 23, 2011, 10:43 AM

I agree with all you say about Islamophobes. But other religions are being attacked too. If you met a Roman Catholic priest, wouldn't you wonder if he was a paedophile? The only news stories about priests now are related to paedophilia. Yet there is a movement in Germany which is trying to legalise paedophilia. They even sent booklets to parents saying that fondling and pleasuring their children sexually is a good thing. (As a child victim, I can tell you it wasn't!)
    Under EU legislation, we are not being allowed to display English/British flags. Christian crucifixes are not allowed to be worn at work. Christmas is now the winter holiday. We have even signed a treaty where British counties will be abolished, as will county councillors and Westminster MPs. Southern England will be under French control. (You can check this on Google). Taunton's new address will be "Taunton, Sector 29."

Conspiracy theorists believe that the New World Order wants one World government, one religion, policed by Nato where everyone will be in debt to the World Bank.. It is/will be illegal to reject the Global Warming theory, as it is to reject the Holocaust.
    Do you think it's coincidence that there is unrest in so many countries at the moment?
     Reply #42 - September 23, 2011, 12:16 PM

Cheesy

We have a conspiracy theorist in our midst. Cute.
     Reply #43 - September 23, 2011, 12:17 PM

Nice satire, Chris, if slightly over-egged.
     Reply #44 - September 23, 2011, 12:30 PM

Vamoose

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #45 - September 23, 2011, 01:02 PM

The perception of collective guilt partially comes from the fact that many of the more extreme elements are not dealt with..

Any true appraisal of the assertions and narratives of the anti Muslim bigots side by side with the assertions and narratives not just of extremists like Anjum Chaudhry, but the party line of substantial theological-ideological identity-politics emanating from within Islam will show an intimate mirroring. As I said earlier:

"Mixed in the middle of this is something problematic, however; the primary, generative source of this idea is from within the realm of Islam - and it generates and is asserted in the primary instance by ummah identity politics, Islamism, literalist orthodox theology. Those that Haroon Siddique describes are secondary perpetuators of these ideas."

Without acknowleging and acting on this, you are not addressing the issue at all.

Here is a post I wrote earlier when the subject of the 'Eurabia' demographics line came up.

The thing is, we don't know how demographics are going to change in the future. Birth rates amongst Muslims might fall, birth rates amongst non Muslims might rise. Immigration from Islamic countries might increase or decrease. Chain migration through cousin marriage between Mirpur in Pakistan and Muslim communities in the UK might waver, decrease, or stay the same. Same with chain migration between Sylhet in Bangladesh and the UK. Other Muslim communities like the Somalians or the Turkish may change in size. Religiosity may decrease, apostacy might increase. The truth is, there are so many factors that are at play here, that it is almost impossible to make a definite judgment on such matters.

However, one thing that is true is this. Its not just 'Eurabia' touting right-wingers who are to blame for this projection. It has been a direct result of Islamic Ummah Identity Politics, fostered by a mistaken, rigid form of 'multiculturalism', that has given rise to these fears.

Ever since the Rushdie affair, various ideologues, bolstered by the Jamat-e-Islami and Muslim Brotherhood, have purposefully created schisms in the fabric of UK life projecting their separatist ideas, and spoken in terms that basically are identical to the memes expressed by the Eurabia crowd.

Islamic Identity Politics has been the most disastrous thing to happen to British Muslims.

It feeds separatism. It drives a wedge between them and everyone else in British society. It hungers and perpetuates an hysterical grievance and victimhood culture. It is selfish. It knows no other mode than to raise the volume of itself, giving the impression of an embattled and aggressive mission to seek special priveliges for Muslims and Islam, in perpetual hostility to non Muslims, and non Muslim society.

It asserts that Muslims are a monolithic singular block - something that the 'Eurabia' types also assert.

How can anyone miss this? Islamic Ummah Identity Politics is exactly what asserts that in the first case, and it does so perpetually and incessantly. In the UK, large parts of cities and towns are almost exclusively Muslim. London, Birmingham, Bradford, all have areas that are effectively, completely Islamic enclaves. Now it probably is the case that these numbers demographically don't amount to what the 'Eurabia' folks say is happening. But combined with all these other factors, it can be seen to give the impression that what is being said has some merit.

The truth is, organised religious identity politics concurs with 'Eurabia' projections. It cajoles, coerces, and pressures Muslims and non Muslims into viewing Muslims as one undifferentiated mass who have narrow identities and narrow objectives. It does project an idea of Islamic power within secular liberal democracies, territorial ideas of the 'numbers game' that can be used to make demands about various things in this religious identity politics game. This is what the Eurabia folks say - and it is generated from within Muslim Identity Politics in the UK. How can you talk about this subject, without acknowledging and criticising this? This is why I say, Muslim Identity Politics has been the most catastrophic thing to happen to Muslims in the UK.

These are some more facts - there is a movement amongst some British Muslims to incorporate sharia laws and sharia codes into British life. This emanates from Muslims and Islamic activists themselves. That enacts what 'Eurabia' people say. There is religious extremism within British Islam that results in violence and marginalisation of moderate Muslim voices and murders non Muslims, that is not being faced up to adequately within the Muslim community. This is a reality. There are appalling oppressions of women and dissenters within some Islamic contexts in the UK. There are separatists impulses and open rhetoric of extremism that people see every day in colleges, schools and universities. There is a constant restatement of Islamic Ummah Identity Politics taking up a disproportionate amount of "wavelength" in British society, and this hardens feelings amongst non Muslims, perpetuating a more tribal mentality amongst everyone else. Society becomes not a culture that aspires to coherence, it aspires to mono-cultural groups in competition with each other for the crown of victimhood and 'Identity Power and Prominence'. Even the far-right BNP begin to ape this rhetoric - the white working class is posited as being under threat, as an other component in this reactionary competitive communalist dynamic that has been a fire furnished and blown into flame most actively and continually by (mostly male) Islamic Identity Politics.

Also, this 'wavelength' out of proportion to the actual numbers of Muslims in the UK also gives the impression of Islam constantly being larger than it is, because it seeks publicity to assert itself. Muslims are naturally prone to playing the numbers game - its always 'Islam is the fastest growing, the biggest, the best', when this is on loop constantly, and is asserted into the minds of people in general, it also gives the impression of assertive proportion and almost becomes like a threat. Again, this is the disaster of Ummah Identity Politics - it feeds and creates problems, but it is so hungry to assert itself it has no other mode. It can't be quiet. It has to be loud. That is its nature.

These are realities. You can say that they are being blown out of proportion, and that can be an argument (not something I would agree on completely, but it certainly has merit); but you can't say that these issues are being concocted in a vaccuum in the imaginations of 'Eurabia' types - when many of them actually have roots within British Islam, and thus whether 'Eurabia' is going to be a reality or not, it certainly gives the impression that we live in a society in which Islam is increasingly assertive, separatist, seeks special priveliges, and contains an activist class that perpetuates the idea of a single undifferentiated 'Ummah' mass that is at odds with wider society. So many things have happened to destroy trust between kuffars and Muslims. From the lack of real large scale introspection about the very real extremism that exists in some British mosques and communities, to the denial of this problem, to initiatives designed to lecture non Muslims about their supposed 'misperceptions' about Islam whilst not concentrating on those Muslims who have those 'misperceptions' that cause the problems in the first place. All of this has the cumulative effect of giving this impression that others, like 'Eurabia' types can interpret or exaggerate or look at from their own perspective.

You cannot confront 'Eurabia' dogmatists without acknowledging this, it simply is not tenable to do so with any real insight or honesty.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #46 - September 23, 2011, 01:31 PM

Aphrodite: I think you may be correct there.. he has a muslim father, went to a muslim school in Indonesia.. Christianity may well just be a beard to get elected. His stance on the issue of palestinian statehood would then just be another cover as elections are coming to soon to have any other stance.

I was kidding  Roll Eyes So what if his father's a muslim and he went to a muslim school? Neither of those make him a muslim.
     Reply #47 - September 23, 2011, 03:30 PM

Quote from: Abood
    Many moderate/liberal Muslims are critical of extreme elements within their religion.

Quote from: Abood

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #48 - September 23, 2011, 03:42 PM

And the reason for that VAST MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS BELIEVE IN SHARIA LAW is., they don't know what Sharia Law is, specially small print between the lines. And it is the responsibility of good people like you to educate the folks dear DH..

Reply #49 - September 23, 2011, 03:47 PM

• Collective guilt

Islamophobes hold that all Muslims are responsible for the actions of some. Told that this is absurd, they take another tack: Yes, not all Muslims are terrorists but most terrorists these days are Muslims, so all Muslims must answer for Muslim terrorists anywhere.

I do not think it can be seriously denied that there are Muslims in the world who, whilst never having personally engaged in any form of violence whatsoever, nevertheless approve of those who do.

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #50 - September 23, 2011, 03:50 PM

Quote from: yeezevee
    And the reason for that VAST MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS BELIEVE IN SHARIA LAW is.,

So the "vast majority" of Muslims in the following countries are totally clueless as to what Sharia is all about?:

Saudi Arabia
    Yemen
    Bahrain
    Pakistan
    Afghanistan
    Sudan
    Somalia

?

Reply #51 - September 23, 2011, 03:56 PM

So the "vast majority" of Muslims in the following countries are totally clueless as to what Sharia is all about?:

Saudi Arabia
    Yemen
    Bahrain
    Pakistan
    Afghanistan
    Sudan
    Somalia

?

Yes that is true DH.,  That is the reason I ant you to move to a country like  Sudan and educate the folks about the problems with the rules of  Sharia Law.

Reply #52 - September 23, 2011, 03:59 PM

Let's get this straight Yeezevee. The population of Saudi Arabia are totally unaware that the legal system they live under is sharia?

Reply #53 - September 23, 2011, 04:15 PM

Let's get this straight Yeezevee. The population of Saudi Arabia are totally unaware that the legal system they live under is sharia?

yes that is true., THEY WERE NEVER EDUCATED ON SHARIA LAWS,  never allowed to have freedom of expression. They were  never allowed to get educated by the Islamic preachers and rulers of that country. That is for the simple reason these Rascals want to have total control on social/political/economical/religious controls to rule the public..

Reply #54 - September 23, 2011, 05:04 PM

I was kidding  Roll Eyes So what if his father's a muslim and he went to a muslim school? Neither of those make him a muslim.

It matters little to me, but I wouldn't be at all shocked if he "came out" after his tenure is over. The family and schooling points are just minor things that point to the possibility. The fact that he would have to hide his true religion if he were not a christian is sadly 100% true in American politics

Reply #55 - September 23, 2011, 05:09 PM

I think it's not so much that they don't know what sharia is, it's more that they are told that any other system of government is utterly evil, oppressive and barbaric, and that is all the education they get on it . Many muslims in positions of power are quite fond of projection

Reply #56 - September 23, 2011, 06:02 PM

Sadly this is the case on both sides. The lower league club players also clamour to join the premier league clubs but far too many are willing to sit on the benches and shout insults and interfere with their new club

Dropping the football analogy, do you mean muslims either born in the UK or those that have moved here, should give up their right to point out the hypocrisy and complain about the society or government, like some of the natives do?

Reply #57 - September 23, 2011, 06:19 PM

Islamic Identity Politics

even ex-Muslims are treated like potential Islamist terrorists.

Like being between a rock and a hard place. Perhaps this is the reason why I think myself as an athiest and a muslim at the same time. If ever push comes to shove and the natives decide on some final solution for muslims, one look at me - brown skin, drop your trousers - no foreskin - will equal muslim.

No use saying you enjoy a beer, believe your ancestors were monkeys and the big sky fairy is mumbo-jumbo - you'd be accused of taqqiya.

Reply #58 - September 23, 2011, 08:33 PM

Dropping the football analogy, do you mean muslims either born in the UK or those that have moved here, should give up their right to point out the hypocrisy and complain about the society or government, like some of the natives do?

I think the ones that move here should be more willing to fit in instead of demanding that we change things to fit their ways... the same ways that they ran away from. if they don't like living in a democracy, let them go to a country that isn't one. Those that were born here can say what they like, but I think that the crime of sedition should be enforced for the most extreme cases.

Reply #59 - September 23, 2011, 09:14 PM

Quote from: Mr Sanity
    The main problem is that anyone who publicly criticises anything to do with islam is then accused of racism/islamophobia. I have seen Maryam Namazie accused of islamophobia almost as much as Tommy Robinson... Political correctness DOES hinder a frank and honest discussion of political Islamism and the more extreme branches of the religion.

Spot on Mr. Sanity. I am accused of racism whenever I mention the fact that there is no freedom of religion in Muslim countries.

It is a fact that non-Muslims are not allowed to build their places of worship in every Muslim majority country except Malaysia and Indonesia. I am not making it up. How does make me racist if I am stating a fact?

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    Entire World is One Family
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »