Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Forum re-structuring

(Read 8838 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Forum re-structuring
     OP - September 16, 2011, 11:37 PM

So we've been planning on a re-structuring of the forum for a while now and we're going to be rolling it out starting this weekend. You will see some new categories and some new boards within the older and the new categories.

Threads will be moved into the appropriate boards over the next few days or weeks.

This re-structuring will not affect the URLs/links to threads or posts, but it will mean that if you have notifications set up for particular boards, you may need to tweak your settings.

If you have questions about anything specific, feel free to post them in the Questions forum.

This is not the major software upgrade; that will come later. Right now, we're only re-structuring the forum's boards and categories.

Thanks for your patience, we think you'll like the renovations Smiley

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • Re: Forum re-structuring
     Reply #1 - September 16, 2011, 11:40 PM

Oh and the other announcement is that we bribed Billy into being a moderator by offering him money and pr0n. parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - September 17, 2011, 02:21 AM

Wayhey Billy boy!

sloshed

07:54 <harakaat>: you must be jema
    07:54 <harakaat>: considering how annoying you are
     Reply #3 - September 18, 2011, 01:52 PM

Congrats Billy!! and looking forward to the changes. Keep up the good work guys Smiley

Reply #4 - September 18, 2011, 01:53 PM

Wow, great choice with Billy. Congrats to you man!  Afro

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #5 - September 18, 2011, 03:36 PM

great work br0s  and s!sz
    Oh and the other announcement is that we bribed Billy into being a moderator by offering him money and pr0n. parrot

good choiz, he waz the 2nd best candidate aftar me  cool2

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

Reply #6 - September 20, 2011, 09:49 PM

Yah true, but we decided too much awesomeness would make the rest of the staff look bad, so we went with second best.

Reply #7 - September 22, 2011, 04:23 AM

Cheesy

fuck you
     Reply #8 - September 28, 2011, 02:27 PM

Maya congrats on becoming a mod. Here have a  bunny
     Reply #9 - September 28, 2011, 02:35 PM

So we've been planning on a re-structuring of the forum for a while now and we're going to be rolling it out starting this weekend. You will see some new categories and some new boards within the older and the new categories.

Threads will be moved into the appropriate boards over the next few days or weeks.

This re-structuring will not affect the URLs/links to threads or posts, but it will mean that if you have notifications set up for particular boards, you may need to tweak your settings.

If you have questions about anything specific, feel free to post them in the Questions forum.

This is not the major software upgrade; that will come later. Right now, we're only re-structuring the forum's boards and categories.

Thanks for your patience, we think you'll like the renovations Smiley

you did an amazing job allat!  Oh, and LOVE your avitar!! RARRR! lol

Also loved the gif of "Atilla"  the little kitten that did the cute paw thing.
    Great name for a little guy, huh? 

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #10 - September 28, 2011, 02:51 PM

Osman are you ever going to upgrade SMF to SMF 2.0? actually it's at SMF 2.0.1 so I think you should do it. The reason I say this is because, when you do get around to eventually doing it, it will just feel very different and everyone will complain. Plus upgrading will reduce the load on the server and better security.   
     Reply #11 - September 28, 2011, 03:11 PM

Maya congrats on becoming a mod. Here have a  bunny

Thanks KT.  Smiley

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #12 - September 28, 2011, 05:08 PM

you did an amazing job allat! 

Glad you like the new digs, J&T Smiley

Oh, and LOVE your avitar!! RARRR! lol

Also loved the gif of "Atilla"  the little kitten that did the cute paw thing.
    Great name for a little guy, huh? 

Hehe... thanks. I love this laser cat and the tickled cat I had before. Yeah Attila would be a great name for that one! Cheesy I was thinking of starting a new game on CEMB for themed avatars... hmmm.... dance

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #13 - September 28, 2011, 05:45 PM

Thanks KT.  Smiley

Oh didn't realise Maya was made a Mod too! Congrats Maya! We are now in your capable hands  Smiley

allat - Love the laser cat! It looks out of this world

Reply #14 - September 28, 2011, 06:47 PM

yes

Reply #15 - September 28, 2011, 07:34 PM

does that mean we shall see the postings of "Such and Such thread has been moved to such and such group" every time you do that?

I wish parents everywhere could remove their veil of religion and see their kids for whom they actually are.
     Reply #16 - September 28, 2011, 07:37 PM

No, we decided to not have those things fill up the place, so we have been moving threads to their appropriate boards without a direction post.

Reply #17 - September 28, 2011, 08:57 PM

Osman are you ever going to upgrade SMF to SMF 2.0? actually it's at SMF 2.0.1 so I think you should do it. The reason I say this is because, when you do get around to eventually doing it, it will just feel very different and everyone will complain. Plus upgrading will reduce the load on the server and better security.   

It wont feel very different at all, and the 1.1.x line still gets the same security patches (the changes for 1.1.15 and 2.0.01 were the same ones). I haven't done it yet because of lack of time and inclination to do the custom coding that is required for this place.

Without the custom stuff, it will feel different and then people will grumble.

Reply #18 - September 28, 2011, 10:33 PM

It wont feel very different at all, and the 1.1.x line still gets the same security patches (the changes for 1.1.15 and 2.0.01 were the same ones). I haven't done it yet because of lack of time and inclination to do the custom coding that is required for this place.

Without the custom stuff, it will feel different and then people will grumble.

Yeah I suppose the mods which you have to spy on us will have to be re-coded.  Tongue
     Reply #19 - September 28, 2011, 10:35 PM

Don't need mods to spy on you. I have psychic powerz. Tongue

Reply #20 - November 20, 2011, 06:49 AM

I dont like this whole last post first thing...or the lack of most recent comments on the side bar....

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #21 - November 20, 2011, 06:53 AM

The what who which?

Reply #22 - November 20, 2011, 07:00 AM

You had your profile settings set to show the post order reversed. Dunno when you did that, but I can't see anyone else screwing around with it. I just reset it back to normal.

Reply #23 - November 20, 2011, 07:01 AM

Are you in a different dimension, dude?

I haven't noticed either of these changes.  Undecided

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #24 - November 20, 2011, 07:24 AM

Homer: have you collapsed the entire sidebar? If you have, there will be a dirty great grey icon with an arrow on it at the upper left of your screen. Click it.

Reply #25 - November 20, 2011, 09:23 AM

You had your profile settings set to show the post order reversed. Dunno when you did that, but I can't see anyone else screwing around with it. I just reset it back to normal.

Ahh, I saw his other post and checked but didn't realise you had done it already for him Grin  to me it was just like wtf?

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »