Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello everybody!

(Read 2231 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello everybody!
     OP - September 15, 2011, 04:54 PM

Hello everybody! First of all to say that I'm not exmuslim. English is not my first languaje  (although I live in England) so I'll try to express myself the best I can.
    I would like to talk about my experience with islam. I have always been curious about this religion, in my teens I read books like "No without my daughter" and I find them very disturbing. I always thought that women in islam were oppressed and wanted to scape and couldn't do anything about it. Now I understand that muslim women are as happy as muslim men with the religion...
    I watched the film "The message" and my opinion about islam changed a little bit, as the film portray Mohamed and the religion as something nice and tolerant!!
    But then I kept reading in the newspapers about suicide bombings, killings etc etc
    Nothing made sense. So I went and bought a quoran and started to read it at night....
    I could not beleive what I was reading, I felt even paranoid like Alah was watching me!! Could not sleep properly for days, such violent, disrespetful, manipulating, threats after threats and always finishing the verses with "Ala is merciful" "Ala is the best" "Ala knows everything and you nothing" SO UNPLEASANT!!! Twisting ideas, saying something horrible and then saying that Ala is merciful!!!!  mysmilie_977
    Now I understand why the real muslims are the these horrible nutters that want to either get rid of us non muslims or make us second class citizens (dhimmi).
    I have read a lot about islam since then and I can say I can not stand it. It makes people lose contact with reality and humanity...There are very nice things in islam as well, but in my opinion, the bad bad things make it a very dangerous ideology.

I would like to contribute to this forum if you let me, and we could share opinions and thoughts. You are a very brave bunch!!!
  • Re: Hello everybody!
     Reply #1 - September 15, 2011, 05:12 PM

Welcome!  Just remember that the vast majority of "Muslims" are born into Islam and they don't follow the bad teachings of Islam, or they're not aware of them, or they've somehow managed to rationalise the bad bits.

Reply #2 - September 15, 2011, 05:37 PM

Now I understand why the real muslims are the these horrible nutters that want to either get rid of us non muslims or make us second class citizens (dhimmi).

Like what Shahid wrote - the majority of muslims try to only follow the good bits and are generally decent people with group-think issues. But one of reasons why I criticize Islam and support 'new atheism' is because the majority of muslims support the idea of establishing a Khalifate.

I could not beleive what I was reading, I felt even paranoid like Alah was watching me!! Could not sleep properly for days, such violent, disrespetful, manipulating, threats after threats and always finishing the verses with "Ala is merciful"

Whilst I was a muslim I had to stop reading the Quran because I would find it so disgusting morally and reading it would weaken my faith. A part that particularly shocked me was when God commanded some israelites to kill themselves for the 'heinous' sin of idol worship.

I would like to contribute to this forum if you let me, and we could share opinions and thoughts.

No.  Wink

Reply #3 - September 15, 2011, 05:46 PM

A part that particularly shocked me was when God commanded some israelites to kill themselves for the 'heinous' sin of idol worship.

what part of the quran is this in...

oh and welcome to the new person..
     Reply #4 - September 15, 2011, 07:15 PM

WELCOME!

Welcome!  Just remember that the vast majority of "Muslims" are born into Islam and they don't follow the bad teachings of Islam, or they're not aware of them, or they've somehow managed to rationalise the bad bits.

Mercifully this is the truth or else we would have been in deeper shit than we are in right now..
    The Islamists have made life miserable for harmless Muslims by demonizing them in the eyes of the non-Muslims by their insane acts.
    Collective responsibility is BS though the concept of 'ummah' conveys exactly the opposite.
    In the modern world monolithic religious groups are almost non-existent.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #5 - September 15, 2011, 07:45 PM

Hey welcome, parrot yup same sentiments when I read the Qu'ran too. It's very easy to sugar-coat it.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #6 - September 15, 2011, 10:09 PM

what part of the quran is this in...

Quran 2:54

And [recall] when Moses said to his people, "O my people, indeed you have wronged yourselves by your taking of the calf [for worship]. So repent to your Creator and kill yourselves. That is best for [all of] you in the sight of your Creator." Then He accepted your repentance; indeed, He is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.
     Reply #7 - September 15, 2011, 10:57 PM

hi Mandragoras.  welcome to cemb.

btw, we DO have muslims on this forum, and for the most
    part, they are awesome, great people. 

I was an American convert (and no, there was not a man involved  Roll Eyes )

but anyway, highly recommend reading through the introductions and see
    how varied the people are on this forum, and also from all over the world.

btw, where are you originally from/first language?

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #8 - September 16, 2011, 01:12 AM

Hi Mandragoras, welcome to the forum and have a rabbit!  bunny

If you want to learn about Islam and its effects on people, this is certainly a good place to do so. And feel free to share your ideas in the various thread discussions. Have fun!  Afro

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #9 - September 16, 2011, 09:00 AM

The "The life of Muhammad" - that'll open your eyes Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #10 - September 16, 2011, 10:24 AM

Hey thank you everybody for the welcome. I know that the mayority of muslims are decent people, I know myself a few and they are nice. I don't like islam, as an ideology,   I differentiate between people and the religion  Afro

In fact nowdays I feel more inclined to be even more polite and nice (I'm always am to everybody Smiley though) towards muslims, hoping they will think "hey infidels are not those disgusting creatures Alah is creating". I feel very sad that they have to beleive such twisted things!!!
     Reply #11 - September 16, 2011, 10:30 AM

hi Mandragoras.  welcome to cemb.

btw, we DO have muslims on this forum, and for the most
    part, they are awesome, great people. 

I was an American convert (and no, there was not a man involved  Roll Eyes )

but anyway, highly recommend reading through the introductions and see
    how varied the people are on this forum, and also from all over the world.

btw, where are you originally from/first language?

I'm spanish, btw my country was invaded by muslims for 7 centuries, the so called "islamic golden era"...
     Reply #12 - September 16, 2011, 01:01 PM

mucho gusto!    far away hug

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #13 - September 16, 2011, 01:24 PM

Igualmente yes
    So happy to chat with you guys!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »