Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Quran- Verse 51:47 Expanding Universe & Expanding Interpretations/Translations

(Read 78480 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Quran- Verse 51:47 Expanding Universe & Expanding Interpretations/Translations
     Reply #150 - February 24, 2016, 10:16 PM

overruled.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Quran- Verse 51:47 Expanding Universe & Expanding Interpretations/Translations
     Reply #151 - February 25, 2016, 12:40 AM

I recommend Hindus stay out of it.

Too late!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEca1MiE4GA
     Reply #152 - February 25, 2016, 12:47 AM

1. The Qur'an contains scientific miracles that no-one could have known about - for example the expanding universe - ergo it is the word of God.

2. The Bible contains scientific miracles that no-one could have known about - for example the expanding universe - ergo it is the word of God.

3. The Vedas contain scientific miracles that no-one could have known about - for example the expanding universe - ergo it is the word of God.

Qur'an:
    https://youtu.be/6r2GKTM3IcE

Bible:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFbVUcRpTpo

Vedas:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEca1MiE4GA
     Reply #153 - February 25, 2016, 10:09 AM

I am in correcting mood ...as nice guys don't use bad words so let add a word or  two to Hassan's post
    1. The Qur'an contains scientific miracles that no-one could have known about - for example the expanding universe - ergo it is the word of God...   Muslim fools often say to defend their Islam

2. The Bible contains scientific miracles that no-one could have known about - for example the expanding universe - ergo it is the word of God...Christian fools often say to defend their Christianity  

3. The Vedas contain scientific miracles that no-one could have known about - for example the expanding universe - ergo it is the word of God. .Hindu Pagan fools often say to defend their hinduism ..

Now Question to readers is.. Did any Jewish guys  utter such statements about their scriptures ...  Torah, Tanakh ..?? and I also wonder the relationship between the word "Quran" and Jewish people lived in Qumran Caves  ..

and Kattey was right..
    Submitted by Kattey (United States), Dec 1, 2008 at 21:22

My dear sir

Perhaps you aren't allowed to study the works on the formation of the Quran but I can. The Quran was put together by human hands, just as was the Torah and New Testament.

Mohammed had his Companions memorize verses to be included in the Quran, but one Companion was killed in battle before he could recite his verses. His verses were lost forever. The Quran is missing these verses. An inscription on stone was recently discovered northeast of Jordan written before the Quran that shows diacritical marks were used in the Arabic language at that early time. So I ask you, why weren't the marks used in the Quran to give definite meanings to the verses? The verse I have seen discussed most is the one referring to 72 virgins in heaven, but in Aramaic the verse is talking about white grapes. The lack of diacritical marks leaves the Quran open to different interpretations, which extremist Muslims take advantage of.

The order of the verses were reversed by the early Quran editors so that the first verses are last and the last verses are first. You can bet the first verses were recited by Mohammed., but I don't know about the last (first). I believe the war-like verses were added after Mohammed died. Otherwise why does the Quran frequently contradict itself? Mohammed was no dummy, and I believe he knew how to write more than is acknowledged. Else how could he have been a good merchant?

We want peace with Muslims. The Jews and Arabs are kin by marriage. Abraham himself married two Egyptian women. Read Genesis to find out about all of Abraham's kids--there were a lot of them.

That is from Kattey of US of A.. I think Kattey was right.. except .. There was No Muhammad..No prophet of Islam to start Islam.,

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #154 - February 25, 2016, 10:32 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiy5uY3Iw2s

hmm that is from Jesus in India? -- BBC Documentary....  And i wonder about Muhammad....

Reply #155 - March 08, 2016, 02:28 PM

Sorry a Greek before Mohammad's resistance did know the universe was expanding.

Simplicius, in his Physics, quotes Archytas's view that the universe is infinite.

If I were at the outside, say at the heaven of the fixed stars, could I stretch my hand or my stick outward or not? To suppose that I could not is absurd: and if I can stretch it out, that which is outside must be either body or space (it makes no difference which it is as we shall see). We may then in the same way get to the outside of that again, and so on, asking on arrival at each new limit the same question; and if there is always a new place to which the stick may be held out, this clearly involves extension without limit. If now what so extends is body, the proposition is proved; but even if it is space, then, since space is that in which body is or can be, and in the case of eternal things we must treat that which potentially is as being, it follows equally that there must be body and space extending without limit.
     Reply #156 - March 08, 2016, 02:50 PM

Sorry a Greek before Mohammad's resistance did know the universe was expanding...

who  said  "Greeks didn't know the universe was expanding before Muhammad"?., suppose they did not know., how does it matter and why does it matter for Islam?

by the way, who said that TRUTH111?? .. and there are so many Muhammmads in Islam  which "Muhammad" said that?

Suppose we assume it was Prophet of Islam said that., How does it matter for Islam and why make big deal about that  "the universe was expanding"??

Reply #157 - March 24, 2017, 06:16 AM

By your logic, the very next verse must be translated as Allah is still continuously spreading the earth.
    I see your 1/3 chance of guessing scientific miracle, and I raise it by one scientific blunder.

the quran explains the creation of the heavens in the vaguest way as possible and Muslims here are claiming quran talks about the expansion universe Lol..
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6« Previous thread | Next thread »