Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: TV Shows

(Read 104060 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 25 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: TV Shows
     Reply #30 - September 07, 2011, 09:07 PM

^I only included the shows I'm currently watching. The Wire and The Sopranos are the two greatest shows of all time.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #31 - September 07, 2011, 09:22 PM

YES! I bloody loved that. My faves were Militant Black Guy, Neg (Urban Sports guy), and Bunny Boiler.

Neg is a legend Grin

I really really want to play the big european rodeo ride one.  Just get really drunk and jump on some random big guys back and see how long I can hold on for.

OMFG that guy cracked me up.  Cheesy Cheesy

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #32 - September 08, 2011, 12:32 PM

Camelot - I liked it, but then I like everything fantasy.  Gutted it got cancelled.

I like fantasy too, lady. But this show was just too much. I couldn't get over how emo and whiny Arthur was (I wanted to smash his pussy face in with a sludgehammer the whole time), and Joseph Fiennes as Merlin... man, that character never made sense to me. It's like the writers had no idea which direction to take him, he was so creepy. The only good thing about the show was Eva Green as Morgaine (so hot, too) and the guy who played Gawain.

Spartacus - Umm yeah, a show with men dressed in little leather pants and looking gloriously buff, and women using gladiators as sex toys.  How the fuck could I not like this show?  I loved it from the first eipsode when everyone else was saying it was kinda lame, my loins was saying "you fools".  Grin

It is good at the whole "muscles and sex" thing, but I love how it becomes much more than that around the time

[SPOILER ALERT] his wife is killed. I started realizing that it was great quality when Illythia killed that other noble chick. And by the time of Varo's death I was like OMG WAT HOLY SHIT! The finale was almost too much for me. I was so invested in the characters that I cried over poor Naevia and Crixus. They have to get back together  turnipovich

Game of thrones - season 2 can't come soon enough for me.

Preach it, sista dance

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #33 - September 08, 2011, 12:36 PM

Jersey Shore - yeah, trash TV but I like it - the first 3 seasons, anyway.

Amazing stuff. I still need to finish season 3.

Boardwalk Empire - halfway through the first season and I want to like but it's done nothing to draw me in.

Keep watching, it's really great. Just realized season two is starting pretty soon  dance dance dance

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #34 - September 08, 2011, 12:43 PM

I have not been watching any, lately.

But my favorites are:
    Stargate SG-1 (and Stargate Atlantis too, but less)
    Firefly / Serenity
    Misfits
    Supernatural

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #35 - September 08, 2011, 01:48 PM

Firefly was fantastic. I've yet to watch Serenity because I'm scared of disappointment.

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #36 - September 08, 2011, 04:04 PM

It's very good. But obviously is better if you've seen the series.
     Reply #37 - September 08, 2011, 04:19 PM

I like fantasy too, lady. But this show was just too much. I couldn't get over how emo and whiny Arthur was (I wanted to smash his pussy face in with a sludgehammer the whole time), and Joseph Fiennes as Merlin... man, that character never made sense to me. It's like the writers had no idea which direction to take him, he was so creepy. The only good thing about the show was Eva Green as Morgaine (so hot, too) and the guy who played Gawain.

Grin  Arthur was lame, agreed, but Joseph Fiennes, I thought he added something insane to the part of merlin that made it new to me.  Loads of books depict him as serious with a plan that spanned generations and that he would be brutal in making sure he carried them through for the good of the kingdom, so it was good to see a not so good merlin. 

I couldn't decide if I sympathised with him or hated him and morganna was awesome.

I am gutted it was cancelled, I thought it was just getting good.  All they had to do was toughen up arthur a little bit and make his whole love story less pathetic.

It is good at the whole "muscles and sex" thing, but I love how it becomes much more than that around the time

[SPOILER ALERT] his wife is killed. I started realizing that it was great quality when Illythia killed that other noble chick. And by the time of Varo's death I was like OMG WAT HOLY SHIT! The finale was almost too much for me. I was so invested in the characters that I cried over poor Naevia and Crixus. They have to get back together  turnipovich

Preach it, sista dance

Yep, the first few episodes it was only my lust that carried me through, but I love the way the story twisted and I began to sympathise with the characters.  I have seen the trailer for the new season, and the replacement taking over because the original lead is ill, well he looks like he can do justice to the part.

The new season looks fucking wicked.   dance

Reply #38 - September 08, 2011, 04:22 PM

Misfits

How the hell could I forget Misfits?

I love this show.

^^ Most hilarious asshole ever.  Cheesy

Reply #39 - September 08, 2011, 04:24 PM

Apparently the git's left the show  Cry

Misfits won't be the same without him.

Reply #40 - September 08, 2011, 04:33 PM

WHAAAAAAAT?   mysmilie_977

What is the point in misfits now?   Cry

Reply #41 - September 08, 2011, 04:33 PM

God man, he makes one movie with Nicholas Cage, and he thinks he is ready to leave the show that made him.  Wanker. 

Reply #42 - September 08, 2011, 04:34 PM

How I Met Your Mother
    Scrubs
    Horizon
    Big Bang Theory
    Inside Nature's Giants
    John Bishop's Britain
    Sherlock - Still waiting for announcement on season 2
    Misfits - Same as above
    The Inbetweeners - Sad that it only lasted three seasons.
     Reply #43 - September 08, 2011, 04:45 PM

God man, he makes one movie with Nicholas Cage, and he thinks he is ready to leave the show that made him.  Wanker. 

Yeah, he always did seem to have a bit of a big head.

Reply #44 - September 08, 2011, 04:49 PM

used to like Angel, remember that buffy spin-off  Embarrassed
    don't watch anything but sports these days

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #45 - September 08, 2011, 08:56 PM

Misfits

How the hell could I forget Misfits?

I love this show.

(Clicky for piccy!)

^^ Most hilarious asshole ever.  Cheesy

YESH! dance

Apparently the git's left the show  Cry

Misfits won't be the same without him.

WHAAAAAAAT?   mysmilie_977

What is the point in misfits now?   Cry

Yeah I was disappointed when I found out he's leaving...  he pretty much made that show haha. Still gonna watch it and see if they can still pull it out the hat without him. wacko

07:54 <harakaat>: you must be jema
    07:54 <harakaat>: considering how annoying you are
     Reply #46 - September 10, 2011, 09:37 AM

I've just started watching this amazing Sci-Fi series about a city of geniuses in the US where experiments often go awry, with sometimes disastrous consequences. It's called Eureka, and it seems really, really good. I think I'll end up watching all the episodes.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #47 - September 10, 2011, 09:40 AM

Hah, I read the first sentence and knew which show you were talking about. I saw the first few episodes and really enjoyed them, but for some reason never continued it.
     Reply #48 - September 10, 2011, 01:32 PM

Any Californication fan?

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #49 - September 10, 2011, 06:16 PM

How the fuck have none of you said The Wire?!

Best TV drama of all time, by about 847583769 miles. Some of you may disagree - and you'd be wrong.

The Wire has basically ruined TV for me. Once you've watched it, pretty much everything else is a steaming pile of horse shit in comparison.
     Reply #50 - September 11, 2011, 10:40 AM

Rome

I have excellent news dance

http://screenrant.com/hbo-rome-movie-details-kofi-47487/

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #51 - September 11, 2011, 10:42 AM

Any Californication fan?

The first season was BRILLIANT. Second season, it started going downhill, third season was entirely pointless and the fourth was downright ATROCIOUS. And they're making a fifth? Why?

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #52 - September 12, 2011, 02:06 PM

dance

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #53 - September 12, 2011, 05:03 PM

The first season was BRILLIANT. Second season, it started going downhill, third season was entirely pointless and the fourth was downright ATROCIOUS. And they're making a fifth? Why?

I only watched three seasons so far,didnt get the chance to watch the fourth one,unlike you i enjoyed all of them:P. Although i like how the first season ended and i thought that will be it, only to find out later that they will be season 2.

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #54 - September 13, 2011, 09:17 AM

They should definitely have stopped at season one and lived off the cult status. Season two made absolutely no sense in the end 'oh wait, I don't want to separate my daughter from an unsignificant crush, so let's sorta separate so I can fuck around and give the show its quota amount of titty-showing, since the only reason we got back together anyway was because some baby turned out to be black, anyway". Fuck this shit. Hank Moody went quickly from the coolest tv character ever to the most despicable douchebag who gets away with EVERYTHING.

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #55 - September 13, 2011, 10:05 AM

Lol

You know,after i watched the first season,this was my review: Somehow i thought Karen added a drama into his life intentionally  by bringing Bill; she cheated on Hank with Bill whom she dated and moved into his apartment with Becca(ironically she cheated on Bill with hank as well) and ditched him at the reception right after the wedding to reunited with Hank and their daughter. I know they are some writers that needs drama in their life so as to have something to write about.

It looks plausible to me and a good way to end it, only to find out it wasnt so.

I bet its the sex part that got your nerves,its HBO,what do you expect?

Reply #56 - September 13, 2011, 11:10 AM

haha that would be far-fetched. I loved first season so much, though. It all made so much sense. They had a beautiful relationship, even apart. Actually it's not HBO, it's Showtime, which as far as tits and sex is concerned, is on the same level, only HBO does it much better Tongue

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #57 - September 13, 2011, 11:58 AM

MST3000, I miss that.

No need to miss it. It's been reborn as RiffTrax!
     Reply #58 - September 13, 2011, 12:51 PM

haha that would be far-fetched. I loved first season so much, though. It all made so much sense. They had a beautiful relationship, even apart. Actually it's not HBO, it's Showtime, which as far as tits and sex is concerned, is on the same level, only HBO does it much better Tongue

Right, i tend to mix up HBO with Showtime Grin

Considering the likes of True Blood,Rome and Entourage,i would say yeah.

Reply #59 - September 13, 2011, 11:19 PM

One of the best newish comedies atm imo is Modern Family.

Love Come dine with me too.

Now logging off to watch True Blood, recorded on sky plus from earlier, i think it is the first epidsode of series 3. 1 was great, the second went a bit crazy, what's the thrid like (to those who have watched it, obviously?

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 25 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »