Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Abood's blog

(Read 16442 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #60 - January 26, 2013, 07:27 AM

True, lasting love is hard to find, but if you find it, it's the most glorious thing ever. I haven't experienced it, but I know it's out there and it's real. I have friends who have it and seeing them happy is really inspirational. It's a lot of hard work, but it's worth it at the end. One of my friends has been in many long-term relationships, two engagements, and has been through so much (I took her out on a date once to console her), but she's in a long-term relationship right now, and hearing her talk about how she loves her boyfriend really just makes me happy.

I've always been emotionally intense (and the truth is, sometimes I wish I was a more "masculine" man who is capable of distancing himself from his emotions), and have been through a lot in my love life from a young age, but there's something inside me that just keeps me going. The human connection is something I always yearn for. It enriches my life and gives it meaning. It doesn't have to be romantic love, but there's something about letting yourself completely and utterly go, and knowing, trusting, that that someone will take care of you, and you lose yourselves in each other.
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #61 - January 26, 2013, 07:33 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GmVajkqLNU
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #62 - January 26, 2013, 08:09 AM

True, lasting love is hard to find, but if you find it, it's the most glorious thing ever. I haven't experienced it, but I know it's out there and it's real. I have friends who have it and seeing them happy is really inspirational. It's a lot of hard work, but it's worth it at the end. One of my friends has been in many long-term relationships, two engagements, and has been through so much (I took her out on a date once to console her), but she's in a long-term relationship right now, and hearing her talk about how she loves her boyfriend really just makes me happy.

I've always been emotionally intense (and the truth is, sometimes I wish I was a more "masculine" man who is capable of distancing himself from his emotions), and have been through a lot in my love life from a young age, but there's something inside me that just keeps me going. The human connection is something I always yearn for. It enriches my life and gives it meaning. It doesn't have to be romantic love, but there's something about letting yourself completely and utterly go, and knowing, trusting, that that someone will take care of you, and you lose yourselves in each other.

*likes*

I feel the same way, but I think I'm more pessimistic than you. Your optimism and persistence inspires me to be more of the same, so thanks.  Smiley

Emotions are meant to be felt, so don't worry if you don't like how intense yours usually are. I relate, but even if they suck, I appreciate them somehow. It means I'm alive (maybe too 'alive,' too neurotic, too aware of my reality, and although these things can drive a person crazy, they may not be all that bad!).

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in.
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #63 - January 26, 2013, 08:49 PM

A romantic relationship is the same thing as the relationship with your best friends with the added pleasure of sex.  

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #64 - January 27, 2013, 01:12 AM

Emotions are meant to be felt, so don't worry if you don't like how intense yours usually are. I relate, but even if they suck, I appreciate them somehow. It means I'm alive

Yes, this. I agree 100%.

A romantic relationship is the same thing as the relationship with your best friends with the added pleasure of sex.

Not quite. There's a lot more vulnerability and trust involved in a romantic relationship.
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #65 - January 27, 2013, 06:22 AM

True, lasting love is hard to find, but if you find it, it's the most glorious thing ever.

Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all!

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• Abood's blog
     Reply #66 - February 04, 2013, 05:33 PM

Pascal's Wager misses one huge point; in fact, it misses the only certainty in life: That we are here, now, alive. So the real question is: Do you want to live your life, or do you want to invest it on one of the thousands upon thousands of religions, on the hope that your choice is the right one (an outcome so statistically unlikely it might as well be an impossibility)?

Many religious people claim that they can be moderate and find a balance between having fun on earth and investing for the afterlife. But what life is one without partying, without sex, without alcohol, without all sorts of indulgence in carnal desires? It's no kind of life. Those things are only seen as inessential because of the thousands of years of religious culture and indoctrination. They are actually very essential, because they connect us with other humans sharing our own conditions. They remind us of our humanity, of our needs and weaknesses. And they make us feel alive, in the truest sense of the word.
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #67 - May 04, 2013, 09:07 AM

You know when you've been through so much and you think after it all that you're okay, that you learned from it and grew up and are going on with your life. But it still felt like something is missing, like you left a piece of the puzzle behind or something: you know you're alright, but you start thinking that maybe something could be better, as if you hit a roadblock.

I was so sure that I'm really good, that I don't need to seek help anymore. I even told my friends when we were talking about personal development that I don't need to see a therapist, because I wouldn't have anything to talk about anymore. And I really believed it.

But tonight my subconscious opened up to me. I was ready—because I came to accept myself, and I continued to push away any self-doubt. I was ready to hear what my subconscious had to say. So it spoke to me.

I was happy before tonight, but tonight I'm happier: happier that I can be even happier.

The struggle must go on.
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #68 - May 04, 2013, 09:13 AM

Well that sounds like a total bummer for therapists. Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #69 - May 04, 2013, 09:30 AM

I still have a lot of development to do. My subconscious recognized that I had to take a break for a while and enjoy how far I've come. But then, when I became ready, it lowered the dam and everything that was blocked came rushing out. And now I see that I've come to the end of my solitary journey—but reached the point where I need guidance to further discover myself.
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #70 - May 12, 2013, 11:54 PM

When listening to music they don't feel, people often wonder why they don't understand what's going on, asking themselves if they really get art at all. But the real question is not whether you understand the music or not, but rather, does the musician understand you?

Humans yearn to communicate, to relate to each other, to know that they are not the only one who go through the experiences in their head—their solipsistic confinement. And through all our failed attempts at relaying our experiences across the existential chasm, through all the chaos of communication, a musician tells us to calm down. "Relax," the musician says, "I know exactly what you're going through. "Here it is," the musician says. "This is how you're feeling. I know because I've felt it too. We've all been there." And at that moment, when the musician speaks through words beyond words, the melody, the rhythm, texture, and all other elements of music come together to draw in your mind a picture all too familiar. And you proclaim in absolute joy, "Yes! Yes! That is exactly how it is in my head! Yes! Thank you!" And you're moved. Emotionally, physically, ecstatically, you're moved. Because at that moment you realize how connected you are to everyone, to the universe. You realize that you are not alone. In one instance, everything in the universe falls into place, and you fit snugly like a long-lost piece of the puzzle that has finally found its place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZpD4YeYl08
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #71 - July 09, 2013, 07:40 AM

Where's the angst?

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #72 - July 10, 2013, 03:24 AM

Eph posting in a thread featuring Abood? Did I stumble onto the CEMB forum circa 2011?  Tongue

In all seriousness though, long time no see. How's it shaking Eph?  Smiley

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #73 - July 10, 2013, 04:40 AM

I dunno, I felt a distinct lack of angst and thought I would point it out to Abood. :3

Long time no see, for sure. It has been about a year since I've posted on the forum though. It's going quite good right now, except the humidity. How have you been, man?

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #74 - July 12, 2013, 06:56 AM

Staying afloat, mostly. Although I don't want to derail Abood's blog so I'll just leave it at that.  Cheesy

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »