Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Abood's blog

(Read 16444 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Abood's blog
     Reply #30 - April 20, 2012, 02:29 AM

That was very beautiful Abood, and I'm very sorry for your loss.

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #31 - April 20, 2012, 03:30 AM

very sorry to hear that abood.  Things like this really make you step back and
    reassess everything.  Especially when its someone very close, or someone you
    love very much, and its unexpected.  Ive been there quite a few times, so I
    can honestly say I know what you are going thru.  Take your time.. It will come
    and go for a while.  I hope healing come swiftly, and time will be gentle with you
    while you process this loss in your life.

far away hug

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #32 - April 20, 2012, 04:30 AM

I lost a friend today. It’s weird, on some level I knew it was going to happen, but on another I didn’t really know what he was going through. Ultimately, he was the only person who knew what was going through his head. He was a very intelligent guy, a guy whose intelligence drove him over the edge. The maddening intelligence, with the mind that just spins out of control. Life was hard on him. Life is fucking hard; it’s a struggle. Some people can’t go through with it. It’s an absurd existence. Many of us have been there: when we lose all purpose in life, when we lose all motivation and ask ourselves why to even bother getting out of bed, because what’s the point of it all?

But why do we isolate ourselves and look for meaning above us? Why don’t we look for meaning around us, within us?

Finitude gives things value. You can either ask why you don’t have more, or you can cherish absolutely what you have. When confronted with a finite life, the logical thing to do is to give it infinite value. A meaningful life is one that has its own, intrinsic value. If you’ve lost meaning in your life, find something that fills it with meaning. Your life is yours. If you’re not happy with your job, quit it. If you don’t like your study program, change it. If you want to escape, run away and never look back.

Experience every moment with all the intensity in the universe, express yourself unabashedly, surround yourself with people you love, people you get a rush of joy by just being with, people who make you feel connected – to them, and to the very Being of existence.

These words are hard to live by, I know. It’s not easy finding people you really love, or a job you are really passionate about. It’s not easy expressing yourself when we’re socialized to be alienated.

Life is not easy, but we really need to enjoy the process, the struggles, the challenges. It’s like hiking up a mountain. The longer the hike, the steeper it is, the more accomplished you feel. And on the way, you can take time to enjoy the scenery, snap some photos, and breathe in the air. When you reach the top, you look down and exclaim at how far you’ve gone, then marvel at all the beautiful moments you've captured. But what is the purpose of the hike? Only to enjoy it, to feel accomplished. It has no meaning outside of itself, no promise of wealth, no eternal reward.

Smiley

You've grown. Thank you for putting to words something I've been really feeling myself lately. Smiley That passion for life, to fill it, to find joy and meaning and substance and follow your heart or gut or whatever you want to call it. Yes. That. Thank you for penning that.

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #33 - April 20, 2012, 04:39 AM

Thanks all.
     Reply #34 - April 20, 2012, 04:48 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jluCcb_iBvQ
     Reply #35 - April 20, 2012, 05:06 AM

I lost a friend today. It’s weird, on some level I knew it was going to happen, but on another I didn’t really know what he was going through. Ultimately, he was the only person who knew what was going through his head. He was a very intelligent guy, a guy whose intelligence drove him over the edge. The maddening intelligence, with the mind that just spins out of control. Life was hard on him. Life is fucking hard; it’s a struggle. Some people can’t go through with it. It’s an absurd existence. Many of us have been there: when we lose all purpose in life, when we lose all motivation and ask ourselves why to even bother getting out of bed, because what’s the point of it all?

But why do we isolate ourselves and look for meaning above us? Why don’t we look for meaning around us, within us?

Finitude gives things value. You can either ask why you don’t have more, or you can cherish absolutely what you have. When confronted with a finite life, the logical thing to do is to give it infinite value. A meaningful life is one that has its own, intrinsic value. If you’ve lost meaning in your life, find something that fills it with meaning. Your life is yours. If you’re not happy with your job, quit it. If you don’t like your study program, change it. If you want to escape, run away and never look back.

Experience every moment with all the intensity in the universe, express yourself unabashedly, surround yourself with people you love, people you get a rush of joy by just being with, people who make you feel connected – to them, and to the very Being of existence.

These words are hard to live by, I know. It’s not easy finding people you really love, or a job you are really passionate about. It’s not easy expressing yourself when we’re socialized to be alienated.

Life is not easy, but we really need to enjoy the process, the struggles, the challenges. It’s like hiking up a mountain. The longer the hike, the steeper it is, the more accomplished you feel. And on the way, you can take time to enjoy the scenery, snap some photos, and breathe in the air. When you reach the top, you look down and exclaim at how far you’ve gone, then marvel at all the beautiful moments you've captured. But what is the purpose of the hike? Only to enjoy it, to feel accomplished. It has no meaning outside of itself, no promise of wealth, no eternal reward.

You pen the words of our hearts. Thank you for them, and please accept our commiserations.  far away hug

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #36 - May 02, 2012, 12:12 PM

I started writing a story today. Well, yesterday. I don't even know what day it is anymore because I can't sleep properly. I'm hoping it'll turn into a novella, but I really don't know what will become of it. We'll see. But it's really frustrating that no matter how productive and creative I am, I never seem satisfied. I just get anxious. Which means I can't sleep. It's 8 am and I haven't slept all night. I just feel I have so much to do and I keep wasting time. Every day I know I can do more but I don't do it. And when I do more I still feel like I'm getting nowhere. I can't extinguish the burning flame anymore. I wish I can sit down one day and just write and write and write. But I don't have it in me. I move a lot. I lose attention quickly. I just can't stay focused. I need to set a goal that I need to reach each day, and let's hope it'll be enough. Because right now I'm going crazy. There's too much that's waiting to come out. And it's coming out slowly. And it's killing me inside.

And I have this thing where if I'm not completely satisfied with something, I throw it away. I was typing something yesterday and it was really frustrating that I couldn't get it right, so I just got rid of it. Completely. Just trashed and deleted it. It's as if by getting rid of every trace I would make it disappear off my head, never to be thought of ever again. But of course that's not true. It just drives my anxiety level up. And I force myself to forget about it. And maybe go back to it some other time.

I'm trying really hard to just let my thoughts out, without thinking about how well-structured they are or how they sound. Just let go. But no matter how much I write it's not enough. One day I'm going to write my sanity out of me.
     Reply #37 - May 02, 2012, 12:26 PM

Don't force yourself or push yourself so hard, you'll burn out. Smiley

Sometimes it helps to get distance from a piece and then go back to it with a fresh mind! Although I comprehend the feeling of needingto write it down all at once.Sometimes when you feel like that, write the outline of the story down and fill it in later before it eludes you.

Anyway,you're smart so I'm positive you'll figure out what works for you. Good luck finding your voice, Abood.  far away hug

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #38 - May 02, 2012, 04:09 PM

Abood , the opening post is one of the best i've ever seen. Thank you so much.

Isn't it funny how cats can understand people without ever reading a single psychology book?
     Reply #39 - May 02, 2012, 05:41 PM

I started writing a story today. Well, yesterday. I don't even know what day it is anymore because I can't sleep properly. I'm hoping it'll turn into a novella, but I really don't know what will become of it. We'll see. But it's really frustrating that no matter how productive and creative I am, I never seem satisfied. I just get anxious. Which means I can't sleep. It's 8 am and I haven't slept all night. I just feel I have so much to do and I keep wasting time. Every day I know I can do more but I don't do it. And when I do more I still feel like I'm getting nowhere. I can't extinguish the burning flame anymore. I wish I can sit down one day and just write and write and write. But I don't have it in me. I move a lot. I lose attention quickly. I just can't stay focused. I need to set a goal that I need to reach each day, and let's hope it'll be enough. Because right now I'm going crazy. There's too much that's waiting to come out. And it's coming out slowly. And it's killing me inside.

And I have this thing where if I'm not completely satisfied with something, I throw it away. I was typing something yesterday and it was really frustrating that I couldn't get it right, so I just got rid of it. Completely. Just trashed and deleted it. It's as if by getting rid of every trace I would make it disappear off my head, never to be thought of ever again. But of course that's not true. It just drives my anxiety level up. And I force myself to forget about it. And maybe go back to it some other time.

I'm trying really hard to just let my thoughts out, without thinking about how well-structured they are or how they sound. Just let go. But no matter how much I write it's not enough. One day I'm going to write my sanity out of me.

You are a talented,smart guy with a beautiful soul! don't work yourself too hard.. you have to remember that you are only human. Be the best version of yourself.

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
     Reply #40 - May 02, 2012, 09:43 PM

*throws plaitutdes at abood*

One of them must stick dammit
     Reply #41 - May 05, 2012, 03:52 PM

I remember when it first hit me that I am happy, not because of any higher power, not because I have somehow found an outside meaning to life, but because life itself is full of meaning, full of beauty. Freedom is the true source of happiness, the realization that this is my life, and no one else’s, that I am free to do with it whatever the hell I want, and that every day I wake up is another day that’s mine and mine alone, mine to shape, mine to seize, mine to live.

There aren’t many things I know, but one thing I’m certain of: I’m alive, alive in the fullest, alive in the most real sense. Every time I laugh, every time I cry, every time I’m happy or depressed, every time I’m melancholic, every time I’m feeling connected… I know I’m alive. I just want to scream into the empty distant and hear this life echo back at me.

Beautifully written, Abood. It's precisely how I feel and I couldn't have put it better myself. You're talented and I have no doubt you can produce some quality fiction if you put your mind to it.

(Also, props for the BT song in this thread and the stuff you post on the raving kafirs thread, you have good taste  Afro)
     Reply #42 - May 05, 2012, 04:02 PM

Thanks, Mowser. I'm actually trying to work on fiction right now.
     Reply #43 - May 10, 2012, 04:40 AM

you don't need religion to be spiritual
    you don't need atheism to have access to the truth
    all you need is a heart full of love
    and a mind full of wander
     Reply #44 - May 10, 2012, 05:00 AM

very Rumi-esque.

Reply #45 - May 30, 2012, 12:01 PM

have you ever been pissed at nature
    for putting you here, then not giving a shit?
    it's like i want to throw punches at someone
    for this abysmally absurd existence
    but there's no one to blame
    so fuck you, nature
    fuck you for being indifferent
    frankly, i think you should be happy you're not actually a thing
    because if you were
    you and i would be having a cosmic death match
    but right now i'm having a death match with myself
    like a fuckin' schizo
    so fuck you, nature
    fuck you.
     Reply #46 - May 30, 2012, 02:13 PM

far away hug

Reply #47 - June 14, 2012, 01:36 AM

far away hug

Only just read your last post Abood, sorry it's been fucked up lately, hope it's gotten a bit better by now, and if not, hope it starts feeling ok soon.
     Reply #48 - August 24, 2012, 06:31 AM

"I don't care if he's gay or straight or bi, I just love his music."

When Frank Ocean came out of the closet, I kept reading those words everywhere. But I couldn't agree with them. Personally, I do care that he's queer. Because he speaks to me, he speaks for me.

I remember when I first got into his music, when his mix tape came out. I introduced him to my friends, and they were all quite indifferent. The responses I got were all "He's okay, but not my jam." I didn't understand. To me, he was and is the greatest R&B singer alive. Because his words resonated with me. Even before he opened up about his sexuality, I felt a deep connection with him. His music is real and raw. He's male yet doesn't feel the need to hide his emotions behind the machismo of hip-hop culture. His language is soft, his delivery pure.

I know it sounds ridiculous to talk about one guy like that, one guy I don't even personally know. But it's validating--in a world full of biphobia, full of people telling you that you have to choose, telling you that you're greedy for being bisexual, it's validating when someone comes out for love, when someone says I'm in love with a person, not even bothering to mention whether they're gay or straight. And that's what being bisexual/queer/pansexual/whatever-you-want-to-call-it is about: loving everyone, loving someone, not loving a gender.

I do care that Frank Ocean is not straight. I do care that Frank Ocean is not gay. I do care that he just is, a lover. Because I now know that there are people out there, people like me, who refuse to choose, who can't choose. I now know that love is love and it has everything to do with one person and nothing to do with any gender. I now know that you can be a guy and so full of emotions, that you can be a guy and express yourself openly and just be who you are, that what's between your legs doesn't dictate what's in your heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMfPJT4XjAI
     Reply #49 - November 19, 2012, 12:19 AM

I aim for greatness. My life is one perpetual existential struggle, to leave a huge mark on this world, to shout as loud as possible: here I be; to defy the limits set on us by an uncaring universe. You might be content being one person, living one life—one meager, short existence—of apathy and indifference. But not me. No, not me. I will be the moon, reflecting  the light in the nighttime sky. I will call the tides and wreck the seas. Watch me, you cosmic dust. Watch me as I be what you created me not to be. Watch me as I defy certainty.

I am Nietzsche. I am Dionysus. I am Jack Kerouac. I am the chaos and ecstasy of the universe, dancing together in harmony. I am the one Mansur Al-Hallaj was channeling when he proclaimed, “Ana al-haq.” Indeed, I am the truth, the god of my own destiny.
     Reply #50 - November 19, 2012, 12:21 AM

My life is one perpetual existential struggle, to leave a huge mark on this world, to shout as loud as possible: here I be;..

You? Never.  parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #51 - November 19, 2012, 01:58 AM

I aim for greatness. My life is one perpetual existential struggle, to leave a huge mark on this world, to shout as loud as possible: here I be; to defy the limits set on us by an uncaring universe. You might be content being one person, living one life—one meager, short existence—of apathy and indifference. But not me. No, not me. I will be the moon, reflecting  the light in the nighttime sky. I will call the tides and wreck the seas. Watch me, you cosmic dust. Watch me as I be what you created me not to be. Watch me as I defy certainty.

I am Nietzsche. I am Dionysus. I am Jack Kerouac. I am the chaos and ecstasy of the universe, dancing together in harmony. I am the one Mansur Al-Hallaj was channeling when he proclaimed, “Ana al-haq.” Indeed, I am the truth, the god of my own destiny.

Holy shit Abood Im saving this one!

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    Strike me down and I'll just become another nail in your coffin
    -------------------
    There's such a thing as sheep in wolfs clothing... religious fanatics
     Reply #52 - November 19, 2012, 12:19 PM

Go ahead. Smiley
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #53 - January 23, 2013, 05:51 PM

I swear sometimes playing music is the only thing that keeps me going. When I'm in the zone and really concentrating on playing something and nothing else matters. Besides that, it feels that I'm afraid of being happy because I'm afraid the source of that happiness is fleeting and I don't want anything to compare my depression to.

I've been getting depression since I was young, around 16. I always think it's gone after a while but it always comes back a few months later. And it's always disguised in a reason, but I know that deep down it's just biological. Things can make me happy, but I always go back to being depressed. Maybe I should just give in, get diagnosed, and go on meds.
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #54 - January 23, 2013, 06:07 PM

meds do help boodi, especially if it's an ongoing thing ..  far away hug

i would hate to see you get so comfortable in it, that you would be hesitant to leave that feeling behind..  far away hug
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #55 - January 23, 2013, 06:24 PM

I always tell myself that I'll get my life in order and everything will fall in place and I'll be alright. But that just never happens. Every time something falls in place it's temporary and everything falls back down. It's a cycle over and over again. And that just perpetuates the depression, seeing my life constantly slipping out of my control.
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #56 - January 23, 2013, 06:32 PM

but it's not like a self sabotage is it?..
    nothing is ever perfect, but as long as we're not sabotaging it or standing in our own way.. all we can do is the best we know how to at the time..
    that's all you can really ask of yourself, anything more would be unfair to you ..
    i guess with age comes more independence and the sense of more control over what happens to you... hang in there boodi,  enta al- haq,
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #57 - January 23, 2013, 06:49 PM

I've never been one to self-sabotage. I try really hard to preserve everything I have. And I try really hard to not ask too much of myself. I always like to be productive and it really bothers me when I'm being lazy and idling, but I always give myself days off when I'm feeling down and do very little just to have this feeling that I was productive and didn't waste my day doing absolutely nothing. But sometimes it feels that it just keeps dragging on, and I force myself to get out of it, but it seems lately that it's always me forcing myself. I'm only ever in "the flow" when I'm playing music or when I'm at the gym, and even during the latter sometimes I need to push myself to continue.
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #58 - January 23, 2013, 08:31 PM

Big hug

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • Abood's blog
     Reply #59 - January 24, 2013, 04:34 AM

I always tell myself that I'll get my life in order and everything will fall in place and I'll be alright. But that just never happens. Every time something falls in place it's temporary and everything falls back down. It's a cycle over and over again. And that just perpetuates the depression, seeing my life constantly slipping out of my control.

Don't try to hold the water so tightly in your hands Wink

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »