Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Idle Thoughts

(Read 62500 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 10 11 1213 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #330 - December 02, 2016, 04:14 AM

Yes. You are not alone.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #331 - December 02, 2016, 04:17 PM

I thought I would be comforted, but the idea that anything makes you want to kill yourself, three, is just too disquieting.  Undecided

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #332 - December 03, 2016, 12:03 AM

I need a raspberry beret. the kind you find in a second hand store.
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #333 - December 03, 2016, 12:28 AM

Me, too.

I love birds but i feel guilty keeping them in a cage.  that's what stopping me from getting one.
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #334 - December 03, 2016, 01:46 PM

While thinking about correspondence chess, I think I came upon the imperative of my life.

It is to be responsible when I must, creative when I can, and otherwise just enjoy life.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #335 - December 03, 2016, 09:34 PM

I love birds but i feel guilty keeping them in a cage.  that's what stopping me from getting one.

All the birds I ever had really liked their cage. They would always fly back to it after being out and about. But I never had any wild birds, just pets.

• Idle Thoughts
     Reply #336 - December 23, 2016, 02:22 AM

i'm tempted to get a couple of budgies now. I've been following disco the parakeet on youtube for a few years now. he is so cute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFJeY9fL5tk
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #337 - June 09, 2017, 01:23 PM

Happiness: A neurochemical buzz made to promote our evolutionary success in a time with vastly different conditions than our own.

Fuck happiness. Be cold. It'll help you out a lot more in the long run.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #338 - June 09, 2017, 06:50 PM

Happiness: A neurochemical buzz made to promote our evolutionary success in a time with vastly different conditions than our own.

Fuck happiness. Be cold. It'll help you out a lot more in the long run.

So  asbie

"Happiness" is a  neurochemical buzz and it is brain reaction to some   neurochemical   but not  "be cold"..I  ask you why??  "Be Cold" is not from brain??

I ask you why?

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Idle Thoughts
     Reply #339 - June 11, 2017, 11:43 PM

That's the state which will best let you think your way through this global arena.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #340 - June 12, 2017, 05:38 PM

Asbie is right, fuck the romanticisation of reality. I'm lucky that my brain wiring is such that being cold comes extremely easily to me.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #341 - June 12, 2017, 07:23 PM

You guys such   warm hearted guys  you will help   a stranger with drop
     of a hat.,  Stop being cold all the time..  that is brutal,  very selfish and self centered ., Yes for some at times  you do have to be cold.,

what is this? losing faith means you have to be cold hearted??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOBNKzNdhwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsrN7RHzDcc

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Idle Thoughts
     Reply #342 - June 12, 2017, 07:35 PM

Lol Yeezevee. You need to get off the computer and go get laid.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #343 - June 20, 2017, 03:12 PM

I have a number of windows into the human world outside of my head. Whichever one I look through I can't help but think the following.

You humans are strange.

I have no idea what to do with you, why you do what you do, or even why I should give more than an infinitesimal fraction of a fuck. And trust me, I've tried. It's pretty much fucking hopeless. At the end of the day all of us walking, feeling, shitting, pissing, fucking robots of decaying organic matter have to interact for one another's survival. Whatever.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #344 - June 20, 2017, 11:31 PM

If you cannot bring yourself to care we will still cook for you. Don't worry!

• Idle Thoughts
     Reply #345 - June 21, 2017, 12:23 AM

Well at least that's the difficult part out of the way then. I an breathe a sigh of relief.  dance

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #346 - July 11, 2017, 11:14 AM

Sex will never be out in the open. Not for the most part, anyway.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #347 - July 11, 2017, 03:28 PM

What do you even mean by that?

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #348 - July 11, 2017, 10:38 PM

No sex on the beach that's what!
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #349 - July 12, 2017, 01:41 AM

There's always secrecy, darkness, and lies around it. Even in so called "liberal" countries. It makes sense as it's such an intimate part of what makes us human. And last I checked we're not exactly the best sort of creatures...

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #350 - July 12, 2017, 09:19 AM

Well, ot's something private and intimate. You don't talk about your visits to the toilet with everyone, or take a shit in front of people. But you might do all of those things with people you know and feel comfprtable with Grin I'm glad sex isn't "out in the open", I'm quite content with it being your own business and no one else's. Without any shame attached to it, though.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #351 - July 12, 2017, 11:46 AM

Actually there are tons of people who talk about their toilet visits. I remember a girl once told me her father quizzed everyone about it at the breakfast table, she said it was common in her culture and considered a way to monitor health.

• Idle Thoughts
     Reply #352 - July 12, 2017, 12:26 PM

“Well, dad. I didn’t really go, because I didn’t really eat. Because it’s really hard to eat when everyone at the table is talking about their poop.”
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #353 - July 18, 2017, 10:59 PM

Well, ot's something private and intimate. You don't talk about your visits to the toilet with everyone, or take a shit in front of people. But you might do all of those things with people you know and feel comfprtable with Grin I'm glad sex isn't "out in the open", I'm quite content with it being your own business and no one else's. Without any shame attached to it, though.

Even if a majority of people don't want it out in the open, why should they enforce that sort of taboo on others? I'm not claiming that's what you're advocating, of course, but my initial post was meant to provoke the thought on just this sort of point.

The taboo is what leads to people abusing that expectation of secrecy. Humans are notoriously malevolent with their secret dealings. Humans are just horrible.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #354 - July 18, 2017, 11:00 PM

Humans are just horrible.

The central thesis of any of my given thought strings, it seems...  Cheesy

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #355 - July 18, 2017, 11:05 PM

I'd argue that sex is the central part of the human experience. Not just in very obvious biological ways. It's sheer magnitude causes it to permeate into literally every part of our lives.

And the expectation in the vast majority of cultures, including so called "liberal" western ones is that you don't talk about it. Except in like very special circumstances or something. Or it has to be like a subject of crude jokes that eventually are laughed off. It's messed up.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #356 - July 19, 2017, 07:13 AM

I think we are fed "sex" all the time, out in the open. At least where I'm from, talking about sex isn't taboo. You just don't go up to a stranger out of nowhere and talk about it. Less so because sex is taboo, more so because there are rules of interactions put in place. If some stranger came up and talked about their cat being sick, I would wonder if the person was mentally unstable or something. Why do you talk about that with me I don't know you. Maybe it's different in the US. You guys don't even have sex ed and still think saving yourself for marriage is "best" Grin
    Don't you talk about sex with your friends? I share way personal stuff with mine.

• Idle Thoughts
     Reply #357 - July 19, 2017, 04:27 PM

There is always a social danger in talking about sex in the US, even in the most innocuous of ways. You have to develop quite a bit of trust with someone before broaching the subject, at least among most adults. Younger people have less hang ups about this, high schoolers, college, etc. I wish that was the way it was going forward, but I do think this taboo becomes ingrained into the growing adults. And as I've stated, I think it's for the worse.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #358 - July 19, 2017, 04:30 PM

I think we are fed "sex" all the time, out in the open.

Let's really think about why this is?

The people doing the feeding, for whatever reason, aren't really an independent system from the rest of us. You can say it's a cynical system of "sex sells", but why the fuck does it really? I believe that the taboo that I'm talking about only reinforces this exploitative pattern.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Idle Thoughts
     Reply #359 - July 19, 2017, 07:11 PM

we speak Urdu at home and to this day I don't know the urdu word for our private bits. When referring to them my Mother will always scowl and mouth the words 'front end' and 'back end' in urdu.

Also, I'll be watching perfectly innocent movie and she'll walk in at the precise moment they jump into bed. She then purses her lips and gives me one of her 'i'm disgusted with you' looks and walks out. 
  • Previous page 1 ... 10 11 1213 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »