Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: What do we have in common?

(Read 11356 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: What do we have in common?
     Reply #30 - November 02, 2011, 10:57 AM

^ true dat

i just quite like this place because it doesn't feel objective, it feels rather like a sanctuary, some forums have this onward objective topics can be limiting where as this forum feels like a sanctuary, 'a corner of the internet' as the poem on the front page says. A place to chill rather than stir something up...but thats just me

"The words that oscillate between nonsense and supreme meaning are the oldest and truest." - C.G. Jung
     Reply #31 - November 02, 2011, 12:02 PM

Really good post.

Ask any longtime member here. Once you stray past the topic of Islam.. you'll realize we actually don't really get along well at all. I have personal experience of this. Tongue

We might have left Islam, but that doesn't mean we all have similar personalities, political views, aesthetic tastes or outlook on life. In fact we have very little in common.

Mine is contrary to your case, but thats just me since im more of a trusting person that can easily build a rapport with people and also may be is because im living among close minded people, although i can agree about not really having things in common but i dont see anything bad in it. I value someone as a friend who is open minded even if he is a muslim but they arent as many as the ex-muslims here.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #32 - November 02, 2011, 12:10 PM

we are all united in our existential isolation.
     Reply #33 - November 02, 2011, 05:11 PM

we are all united in our existential isolation.

Amen brotha

"The words that oscillate between nonsense and supreme meaning are the oldest and truest." - C.G. Jung
     Reply #34 - November 02, 2011, 05:42 PM

Mine is contrary to your case, but thats just me since im more of a trusting person that can easily build a rapport with people and also may be is because im living among close minded people, although i can agree about not really having things in common but i dont see anything bad in it. I value someone as a friend who is open minded even if he is a muslim but they arent as many as the ex-muslims here.

Reminds me of the NOLA get together.  There couldn't have been more diverse
    backgrounds, culture, and life experiences between us!  But we had a great time
    together!  Also the age ranges from 19 to 51 didnt stop us from hittin the dance
    floor, ALL TOGETHER!   lol   Cheesy

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #35 - November 03, 2011, 12:25 AM

This is the ONLY forum that I didn't get bored of after two days of using, and whether I'm talking to Arab or non-Arab ex-Muslims, I do feel some kind of connection.

Yea me too. I was on two other forums (FFI and Happy Atheist Forum) but I got bored of both of them. I've never felt that connected to the people in the two other forums as much as here. It's like a second family.

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. -
    Albert Einstein

"I love life, but there's so much shit to deal with" - Thom Yorke
     Reply #36 - November 03, 2011, 12:30 PM

We all hate Islam!  dance

We all hate Muhammed!  dance

We all hate Allah!  dance

Na, na, na!!  dance dance dance
     Reply #37 - November 03, 2011, 03:11 PM

We all hate Islam!  dance

We all hate Muhammed!  dance

We all hate Allah!  dance

Na, na, na!!  dance dance dance

Muhammad was goat-fucker and pedophile.. amirite or amirite?!?  dance

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #38 - November 03, 2011, 03:15 PM

Ooooooooooooooooo yeeeeeeeeeeeah!! dance
     Reply #39 - November 03, 2011, 04:56 PM

Hawar.. you have settled in nicely, here, havent you?
     Cheesy

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #40 - November 03, 2011, 07:02 PM

Yeah, I love it here, man!  dance When I was a Muslim, I used to post on Ummah.com, even then it was so grim and dull over there. The people there are Unbelievably sad and judgmental, as are most Sunnah followers. 

But here, we can do pretty much anything............ FUCK YOU MO!! dance
     Reply #41 - November 03, 2011, 07:08 PM

Yeah, this forum is awesome. I got banned a while back, but had to come back. It's funny as fuck. Sure we have serious discussions, but I usually ruin them by posting shit like "hai guyz, wanna cum inside my tight asshole, lololol".. cos making fun of gay sex is totally cool and not homophobic AT ALL. Haha.

Oh and btw Hawar, wanna fuck?

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #42 - November 03, 2011, 07:33 PM

Yeah, sure.... tell your sister to bring her friends round as well. dance
     Reply #43 - November 05, 2011, 11:14 PM

I haven't joined any other atheist forum but after signing up to this forum i don't really think i need to. I think it's partially because the other forums are based on topics and debates but this forum is more focused on people their experiences and in general has a more community like feeling if you know what i mean far away hug

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #44 - November 05, 2011, 11:16 PM

The one thing i hate about this forum is that it is too fuckin addicting comp26

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #45 - November 05, 2011, 11:49 PM

I think there are so many different topics here, and people are generally open to different views of other people that it's feels 'easy' to be here, everyone's fairly laid back about it all, other than that we probably do have different lifestyles/wouldn't get on that well in real life.

Like, I'm not a party person at all, even though people are like you can't tell unless you've tried it...well I've seen what party atmospheres like and it's not me. So with some people I would really just not have much in common. Even though I can drink now and I have drunk some before, I don't like drinking or getting drunk.

Just because you haven't tried drugs doesn't mean you can't say you don't want to try it/don't like the idea of it, same with the wild partying, drinking etc - just not my scene. I prefer a quiet coffee with a few close friends or a place that's more formal-ish with drinking/chilled music rather than wild nightclubbing and such.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »