Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 5 strongest arguments against the Quran - debate challenge for all?

(Read 124926 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 10 11 1213 14 15 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 5 strongest arguments against the Quran - debate challenge for all?
     Reply #330 - February 09, 2014, 09:25 PM

Oh Yeezevee I was just joking. Is parthenogenesis obsolete? I have studied that in my A' Levels a few years back! And no I don't want to be a doctor and study all my life. Plus, I have a very prickly conscience. What if one of my patients die for my mistakes?
     Reply #331 - February 09, 2014, 10:59 PM

5 strongest arguments against the Quran:

1) The quran

2) Sanity

3) Reality

4) Nonsense

5) Common sense

Hope I helped. Smiley

So I thought I'd expand on the above, because I honestly meant these to be arguments.

1) The quran:

The quran claims itself to be the perfect uncorrupted word of god. That's it's biggest flaw. It invites challenge in a way other holy texts don't, and is really to arrogant for it's own good. The level is enough that it doesn't have the flexibility needed to stand the test of time. The fact that it doesn't have this flexibility, and that it needs it in the first place, is an argument against it in my opinion.

2) Sanity

There's only so much a human being can reasonably be held accountable for when it comes to spiritual matters. There's a verse in the quran which says allah has not given us two hearts. I personally view this as metaphorical, not literal. We view and believe certain things a certain way. I cannot at the same time believe in the quran while seeing flaws in it.

3) Reality

The quran, like all the other holy texts, claims to be the word of god. The way to verify this is testing it, see if it stacks up. Quite frankly it doesn't. Dust devils and jinns, spontaneous human creation, great flood, there's a lot to choose from, but I'll pick a few.

The story of the arc and the great flood. This would have happened around 4000 years ago. It's quite simply impossible for the number of races, ethnicities and the huge amount of genetic traits to come from one incestuous family in just 4000 years. It cannot happen. Something else that puts a hole in the story is the amount of people who were thriving at this point. God flooded the entire world. Except for the Chinese who were developing at an incredible rate and remained unaffected from a global flood that wiped out every human on the planet. The Japanese were also unaffected. And the Africans. And the Europeans. And the Native Americans. And the Aztecs. And the South Americans. And most of the middle east.  The flood never happened. It's not real.

The quran teaches that humans were created from clay in a specific creation. If you're to count on the hadiths, then it's just even more ludicrous. We know the first human was not a 90 foot tall clay giant. Even if you don't take the hadiths into account, it also doesn't account for evolution, the proof of which is overwhelming. Nor does it account for the number of people today who have Neanderthal DNA in them from before the Neanderthals went extinct. Everything I know to be proven fact contradicts the claims of the quran. The only logical conclusion I can come to is that it was a story told by ancient societies because they didn't have any answers. Adam never existed. It's not real.

The sun orbits the Earth...yeah, we've known that's bullshit for a few centuries now.

It says in the quran that in the embryo/foetus the bones are the first thing to form. "So we made the clot a morsel, so we made the morsel bones, so we clothed the bones (with) meat". This is wrong. The skeleton is actually among the last to be formed. You'd think the all knowing creator of everything would realise this. It's wrong.

The stars are missiles to be hurled at jinns. Or they hunt demons. I haven't read the quran in a while so I can't remember the exact quote, but you can look it up to see exactly what it says. This is also wrong. The stars are just stars, they do the exact same thing as the star we orbit, the sun.

Women are defective in intelligence. Coming from a culture where gender mixing is the norm and close relationships aren't looked down upon, I can tell you this isn't true from my own experience. And then there's current trends in school grades, sciences, IQ and employment performance, the fact there are women in MENSA (if you don't know MENSA is like a super genius club, only 2% of the human population globally have a high enough IQ to qualify for membership). Now we live in an age men and women have equal rights, women are on the same level and even starting to out preform men. So I'm going to say this is wrong.

4) Nonsense

Do you believe that allah puts a veil over our hearts? If the answer to this is yes, then my reply to that would be that I'm blameless. If the reason I don't see the truth of islam is because allah put a veil over my heart, then it stands to reason I'll be punished (by being sent to hell) for a crime I didn't commit. My reason for saying I'm being punished for a crime I didn't commit is that allah delibertly put a veil over my heart so I would never know him, therefore the fault is allah's, not mine.

Do you believe nothing happens accept by allah's will? If so then it's the same as above. If nothing happens except by allah's will, then allah made sure I wouldn't believe in him. So again the fault lies with allah, not myself.

Do you believe islam teaches there's no compulsion in religion? If so does that mean if you don't accept islam as true, then you go to hell? If so, this means that allah has told us something to be taken as truth, and he punishes us for taking him at his word instead of assuming he was lying.

Do you believe in the virgin birth? If so, can you understand why I might think it's more likely that a teenage girl told a lie rather than a virgin magically conceiving a child, carrying it to term, birthing it, and the child while still an infant speaking?

Can you also understand why it may be confusing that said infant would only speak once to a few people and refuse to speak again to others, which would cause all doubt in the divinity of allah to be wiped away?

Here's a situation. Let's say there's something in your house you don't like. It offends you. Let's also say you have the power of a god. Would you A) throw away the thing you didn't like or give it to charity, or B) bring it to life, give it intelligence so it can understand what's happening, enable it to feel pain, and torture it forever and ever and ever? Which is more merciful?

5) Common sense

It becomes a common sense issue. Let's say that I'm wrong. Let's say all the things I'm of the opinion are true are wrong. It doesn't change the fact that I find the quran unbelievable. I can't have more knowledge than what's available to me. Let's take evolution. I find it believable. I'm convinced of it. The quran goes against it. I have no reason whatsoever, nothing at all compelling me to believe the quranic story over proven scientific fact.

Or another, let's take the big bang. I'm convinced by what knowledge I have that before the universe, and after the universe, there was no Earth. This planet did not exist. It took a very long time for our star to be born and for our planet to form. This seems plausible to me. From what I know of physics and cosmology, I can accept this. I have no reason whatsoever to believe that the Earth existed from the start and was ripped apart from heaven.

Or another. The quran and hadiths suggest a flat Earth. At one point it's spread out like a carpet, at another the Earth is like an ostrich egg (had to pick the bird that buries it's egg and flattens the soil), allah will roll up the Earth like parchment/paper, and on and on it goes. Everything I'm aware of tells me this is wrong. It becomes less and less believable to me. So with all this in mind, common sense tells me that the only truth that lies hidden in the quran is simply the truths of the cultural norms and mindset of that society and time. Historically and psychologically it's interesting, but that's all it is. No more, no less.

And I have to admit, these aren't even my strongest arguments. I haven't thought about this endlessly, I haven't delved into the theology to throw things at you. The above is just what came to mind as I sit here filling the time on a lazy Sunday evening.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #332 - February 10, 2014, 01:41 AM

I think there is one major weakness of the Quran, interpretation. People play the interpretation game with the text. It means X, Y or Z. It means X 1400 years ago, it means Y now. X is ridiculous so it must be Z. Whoman and his link are a good example of such a game
     Reply #333 - February 10, 2014, 01:11 PM

But virgin birth or parthenogenesis is possible, IF Mary was an invertebrate or lower plant. We can't just discard the idea. Mother of a prophet an invertebrate or lower plant. Miracle of miracles, subhanallah bunny!

A parthenote in mammals (if it could occur which it doesn't naturally) would always be female - Jesus was obviously not a woman  Smiley
     Reply #334 - February 10, 2014, 01:30 PM

Ah, but then there's magic.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #335 - February 10, 2014, 05:28 PM

A parthenote in mammals (if it could occur which it doesn't naturally) would always be female - Jesus was obviously not a woman  Smiley

I was talking about Mary Descent Smiley. But then again it's RELIGION, so basically ANYONE can give virgin birth! I won't be surprised if I had found one in any religion.
     Reply #336 - February 10, 2014, 05:30 PM

Virgin born saviour gods? There's a lot.

Reply #337 - February 10, 2014, 06:35 PM

I was talking about Mary Descent Smiley. But then again it's RELIGION, so basically ANYONE can give virgin birth! I won't be surprised if I had found one in any religion.

No, I mean if Mary underwent parthenogenesis, Jesus would be a woman. Who knows, maybe he was a she?
     Reply #338 - February 10, 2014, 06:44 PM

No, I mean if Mary underwent parthenogenesis, Jesus would be a woman.

Ah, but then there's magic.

Reply #339 - February 10, 2014, 06:46 PM

Oh sorry Descent, didn't understand you there. But have to agree with QSE. The more weird, the more magical!
     Reply #340 - February 10, 2014, 06:49 PM

It's the card the religious like to pull. If something is impossible, they just say god/allah did it. It's annoying how often I have to explain to them that magic isn't a valid argument.

Reply #341 - February 10, 2014, 07:16 PM

^
    It's funnier when they attempt to use science to justify their claims. I particularly love the "2nd law of thermodynamics proving evolution wrong" idea  Cheesy. It's funny, because their understanding of the 2nd law would mean life would not exist in the first place.
     Reply #342 - February 10, 2014, 07:29 PM

Why do they even compare the Quran to the science, if the Quran is God's word?
    Isnt Allah omniscent?
     Reply #343 - February 10, 2014, 07:51 PM

Quod brother, you are a genius (when drunk!)  Afro

Brilliant post.

CEMB Greatest Hits material.

The Iblis is strong in this one. 

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #344 - February 10, 2014, 08:30 PM

Reply #345 - February 10, 2014, 10:43 PM

It's the card the religious like to pull. If something is impossible, they just say god/allah did it. It's annoying how often I have to explain to them that magic isn't a valid argument.

• Re: 5 strongest arguments against the Quran - debate challenge for all?
     Reply #346 - February 26, 2014, 05:08 AM

But virgin birth or parthenogenesis is possible, IF Mary was an invertebrate or lower plant. We can't just discard the idea. Mother of a prophet an invertebrate or lower plant. Miracle of miracles, subhanallah bunny!

Or a reptile. Raptor Jesus FTW. Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #347 - March 11, 2014, 01:54 PM

I will give this thread 30 more days. I will then provide my answers.

I have given everyone ample time to respond. 3 years  Wink

It was 30 days yesterday.

Reply #348 - March 29, 2014, 03:14 PM

49 days...

Reply #349 - March 29, 2014, 04:38 PM

Nope nope nope nope. Goodbye forever, Siunaa's thread.
     Reply #350 - March 29, 2014, 04:44 PM

Drove you off did he?

Reply #351 - March 29, 2014, 04:45 PM

^ Don't know how I managed to post this in the wrong thread. That was for you, Quod, for making me stop eating in the "Help me" thread!
     Reply #352 - March 29, 2014, 04:52 PM

Moi?

Reply #353 - March 29, 2014, 04:55 PM

Vous.
     Reply #354 - March 29, 2014, 05:00 PM

I know what it is and I do apologise for mentioning it. I also have this reaction when hearing Edward Cullen classed as a vampire.

Reply #355 - March 29, 2014, 05:04 PM

You, too, stop eating your breakfast? Grin
     Reply #356 - March 29, 2014, 05:06 PM

Well it's afternoon for me. I actually need to get ready to go out soon, meeting friends for a hard night of drinking. Afro

Reply #357 - March 29, 2014, 05:08 PM

Have fun.   Afro
     Reply #358 - March 29, 2014, 05:14 PM

I intend to. dance

Reply #359 - March 29, 2014, 05:24 PM

have a drink for me

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Previous page 1 ... 10 11 1213 14 15 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »