Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 5 strongest arguments against the Quran - debate challenge for all?

(Read 124924 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 9 10 1112 13 ... 15 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 5 strongest arguments against the Quran - debate challenge for all?
     Reply #300 - January 19, 2014, 07:58 PM

^ Nailed it.

turnipovich
     Reply #301 - January 25, 2014, 04:55 PM

1-Revealed only in Arabic and how should I expect that the translations are correct?
    2-Has plagiarised other Religions
    3-Scientifically wrong
    4-if God is omnipotent why did he need the help of a Man to spread his messagge?
    5-Religious Ideas started to develop around 50,000 yrs ago and Islam is just 1400 years old.
     Reply #302 - February 08, 2014, 09:32 PM

and WhoMan wrote hereHello WhoMan  good to see you back after 3 years... just curious., how did you escape  all those religious rigid rules specially coming from Traditional Muslim family?    You must have come from very rich well educated  progressive Muslim family.. correct me if I am wrong..

The next point is., we will discuss on that errors in Quran,  

But suppose Quran  doesn't have any errors.,  Then in your view, would a book without any errors in it will automatically become word of Allah?  or is there any other good reasons to believe that Quran is word of Allah?

Again welcome back to CEMB and happy new year
    yeezevee

My family is not a strict Traditional Muslim family, so it posed little problem for me.

I have already answered that an error free book, or statement, doesn't necessarily make it divine. The point is many say Quran contains errors, but look what happens when this claim is analysed, perfectly demonstrated here:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=16594.msg461391#msg461391

To others who have responded, some of them need to be more specific.  Why is it so difficult for people to come up with what I am requesting?

What am I? Deist / Quranist <--- Click links to Find Out More
     Reply #303 - February 08, 2014, 09:35 PM

I will give this thread 30 more days. I will then provide my answers.

I have given everyone ample time to respond. 3 years  Wink

Reply #304 - February 08, 2014, 09:48 PM

Why? Huh?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #305 - February 08, 2014, 10:48 PM

It's hype  Wink

I ask many stupid questions frequently.
    I am curious, that's why I ask many questions.
    I am overly curious, that's why I ask stupid questions.
    I lack patience, that's why I ask frequently.
    So forgive me and answer me Smiley
     Reply #306 - February 08, 2014, 10:57 PM

I mean, why provide answers? What does he think he's going to say we haven't heard before?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #307 - February 08, 2014, 11:09 PM

I will give this thread 30 more days. I will then provide my answers.

Waiting for a miracle to happen?
     Reply #308 - February 08, 2014, 11:11 PM

5 strongest arguments against the Quran:

1) The quran

2) Sanity

3) Reality

4) Nonsense

5) Common sense

Hope I helped. Smiley

Think this will actually be addressed?

Reply #309 - February 08, 2014, 11:13 PM

Be nice for him!
    Whoman, I would respect if you provided your answers now. The thing has went for many years so it's not really that exciting to wait for 30 days especially when the answers are most likely:
    a) Dawahganda (finding all kinds of explanations for them to fit them to science or making them miraculous)
    b) Secular (then it will be same as many wise christians and jews do, just muslim version. Explaining how the book is not actual word of God and it is book of wisdom written by enlightened man and indirect word of God.)
    c) Mystic (finding mystic dimension for everything like Gnostic Christians do with stories about Jesus, mystic jews do with Kabbalah etc.)
    d) Mixture of two or three.

Reply #310 - February 09, 2014, 08:16 AM

Siunaa,
    b) Secular (then it will be same as many wise christians and jews do, just muslim version. Explaining how the book is not actual word of God and it is book of wisdom written by enlightened man and indirect word of God.)

Majority of Muslims claim that Muhammad was illiterate, he could not have written the Qur'an.

I know many non-Muslims claim that Qur'an is written by Muhammad itself. So, what make you believe that Muhammad wasn't illiterate..

Muhammad's received his first revelation at the age of 25 years old, not 40 years old. He became Prophet at the age of 25, not 40. At the age of 40 yrs old he became Rasullah (a messenger) and so on.

"What happened to Muhammad in the Cave of Hira..?" It is the starting point of Islam the events that are important in the history of Islam.

Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). (al-Baqarah 2:18)
     Reply #311 - February 09, 2014, 09:40 AM

Well, written was just reference to Bible.

Reply #312 - February 09, 2014, 10:09 AM

1)Scientific Inaccuracies
    2)Scientific Inaccuracies
    3)Scientific Inaccuracies
    4)Scientific Inaccuracies
    5)Scientific Inaccuracies

You can write an entire book as long as the Quran about the scientific inaccuracies within it.
     Reply #313 - February 09, 2014, 11:10 AM

Majority of Muslims claim that Muhammad was illiterate, he could not have written the Qur'an.

well  that is because illiterate Muslim bums are taking "Quran as literal word of Allah":

62: 2  It is He Who has sent amongst the unlettered ones (Ummiyyiina) a messenger of their own, to recites unto them His revelations and to make them grow and to instruct them in the Scripture and Wisdom, though they had been before in manifest error. 

3: 20 So if they dispute with thee (O' Muhammad) say: "I have submitted my whole self to Allah and so have those who follow me."  And say unto those who have received the Scriptures and those who read not (the Scripture) (Ummiyyiina): "Do ye (also) submit yourselves?" If they do submit, then they are in right guidance but if they turn back thy duty is only to convey the Message (unto them) and Allah is the Seer of (His) bondmen.

3: 75  Among the People of the Scripture are some who if entrusted with a hoard of gold will (readily) pay it back; others who if entrusted with a single silver coin will not repay it unless thou constantly stoodest demanding because they say "We have no duty to these Pagans (Ummiyyiina)."  But they tell a lie against Allah and they know it. 

2: 78 Among them are unlettered folk (Ummiyyiina) who know the Scripture not except from hear-say. They do nothing but guess.

7: 157 Those who follow the messenger; the unlettered (Ummi) Prophet whom they find described in the Torah and the Gospel (which are) with them. He will enjoin on them what is just and forbids them what is evil. He will make lawful for them what is good (and pure) and prohibit them from what is bad (and impure)... 

7: 158 Say (O Muhammad): "O mankind! Lo! I am sent unto you all as the messenger of Allah to Whom belongeth the Sovereignity of the heavens and the earth: There is no god but He: it is He that giveth both life and death.  So believe in Allah and His messenger, the unlettered (Ummi), who believed in Allah and His words: follow him that (so) ye may be guided."  

fools take those verses make Muhammad as illiterate fool. The idea behind that is, "Oh Quran is Soooooo advanced in its literal style and in its scientific knowledge an   illiterate fool like Muhammad could not have written hence he Messenger and Prophet of Allah"

I know many non-Muslims claim that Qur'an is written by Muhammad itself. So, what make you believe that Muhammad wasn't illiterate..

there is problem  of meaning of the word "illiterate".. Clearly he would have not been expert of geology/biology/philology that fools in Islam think Quran has such modern scientific principles in it.

Muhammad's received his first revelation at the age of 25 years old, not 40 years old. He became Prophet at the age of 25, not 40. At the age of 40 yrs old he became Rasullah (a messenger) and so on.

rubbish., then they are taking different "Muhammad"   not that prophet of Islam.

"What happened to Muhammad in the Cave of Hira..?" It is the starting point of Islam the events that are important in the history of Islam.

well lonely guy  sleeping in cave if he gets dream   he gets scared..

but......S.A.M THE BAD MUSLIM  ., add "PBUH"  next to "Muhammad"  and who said

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #314 - February 09, 2014, 12:14 PM

1)Scientific Inaccuracies
    2)Scientific Inaccuracies
    3)Scientific Inaccuracies
    4)Scientific Inaccuracies
    5)Scientific Inaccuracies

You can write an entire book as long as the Quran about the scientific inaccuracies within it.

Sorry, but I had to respond to this, after I stopped laughing.

A member of this forum who made over 1400 posts and bragged about making a 50 part series on such innaccuracies and getting 100,000 video views was asked to present his 5 strongest against The Quran, and look what happened:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=16594

He was forced to admit he had zero examples of factually incorrect information.

Isn't it amazing, that zealous atheists and zealous Muslims have some of the same traits in common?  grin12 That is actually one of the things all of us need to be aware of.

Reply #315 - February 09, 2014, 12:29 PM

WhoMan,

Would you care to explain a list of 5 strongest arguments against the Quran? Smiley

Reply #316 - February 09, 2014, 12:36 PM

well  that is because illiterate Muslim bums are taking "Quran as literal word of Allah":
    fools take those verses make Muhammad as illiterate fool. The idea behind that is, "Oh Quran is Soooooo advanced in its literal style and in its scientific knowledge an   illiterate fool like Muhammad could not have written hence he Messenger and Prophet of Allah"
    there is problem  of meaning of the word "illiterate".. Clearly he would have not been expert of geology/biology/philology that fools in Islam think Quran has such modern scientific principles in it.
    rubbish., then they are taking different "Muhammad"   not that prophet of Islam.
      well lonely guy  sleeping in cave if he gets dream   he gets scared..

but......S.A.M THE BAD MUSLIM  ., add "PBUH"  next to "Muhammad"  and who said

Yzve..You don't just blurting out whatever sources of information come across your demented  mind...

Reply #317 - February 09, 2014, 12:49 PM

Yzve..You don't just blurting out whatever sources of information come across your demented  mind...

No..no..nooooo., The source of information I present is always from Islamic Literature and historical literature published in peer reviewed journal along with  Quran, hadith along  with published books  SAM.

As far as dementia of brain is concerned , I am not their yet and am pretty active in working at understanding the processes that makes people demented through that 42 aminoacid  Alzheimer's  polypeptide module.  So there is no worry on that dementia S.A.M.

Reply #318 - February 09, 2014, 12:55 PM

A member of this forum who made over 1400 posts and bragged about making a 50 part series on such innaccuracies and getting 100,000 video views was asked to present his 5 strongest against The Quran, and look what happened:

Isn't it amazing, that zealous atheists and zealous Muslims have some of the same traits in common?  grin12 That is actually one of the things all of us need to be aware of.

hello Whoman .,  good to see you back

would you agree  with Descent  ,  if  Descent  said "It is nonsense to say there is Modern science or   basic principles of Modern science  in Quran"  instead of   "Scientific Inaccuracies in Quran?"

Reply #319 - February 09, 2014, 03:17 PM

Isn't it amazing, that zealous atheists and zealous Muslims have some of the same traits in common?  grin12 That is actually one of the things all of us need to be aware of.

There is much factually inaccurate information in the Quran contradicting basic scientific ideas and its not just about interpretation. Anyone with a basic understanding of biology will the laugh at the idea that is virgin birth, something that is universally agreed as having happened by both Muslims and Catholics. Four other examples would be, Moses splitting the sea, creationism, living creatures created in pairs, and Jinn. This is only the beginning, the Quran is littered with bad science - something one would expect from a book 1400 years old.
     Reply #320 - February 09, 2014, 03:23 PM

There is much factually inaccurate information in the Quran contradicting basic scientific ideas and its not just about interpretation. Anyone with a basic understanding of biology will the laugh at the idea that is virgin birth, something that is universally agreed as having happened by both Muslims and Catholics. Four other examples would be, Moses splitting the sea, creationism, living creatures created in pairs, and Jinn. This is only the beginning, the Quran is littered with bad science - ............

hello Descent., All that what you said has  to do with Bible(OT & NT).. so blame bible.,

Quran just copy/pasted it to make  those nomadic Christians and Jewish folks  living around Arabian desert   comfortable with  Islam, Prophet of Islam  and Quran..  off course  you can say then "Quran is a book filled with Plagiarism."  I can agree with that...

Reply #321 - February 09, 2014, 04:46 PM

Not to forget the idea that someone can survive after spending days in a fish's belly... Or other toomfoolery like allah coming down to the nearest heaven Roll Eyes

You really have to just ignore over a century of scholarly work and theology in order not to interpret them literally and at face value, because that is what Mo himself said was literally that... I have no respect for people trying to put up the "interpretation" card. Oh, how convenient, but then you basically deny a verse in the quran which says that allah will fulfill Islam and protect it, choosing it for humankind. So humans were basically astray not fully understanding the message of allah for about 1400 years  Cheesy

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #322 - February 09, 2014, 05:30 PM

You really have to just ignore over a century of scholarly work and theology

you basically deny a verse in the quran which says  ................ 

Who?? Me?  me  Huh?

.I have no respect for people .......

nah..  Cornflower  you do respect people., but it is true you do appear to  measure "the respect" carefully before you give .

Reply #323 - February 09, 2014, 05:36 PM

LOL anyone who tries to believe in the quran but still tries to circulate the less comfortable parts of Islam  Afro

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #324 - February 09, 2014, 05:44 PM

Not to forget the idea that someone can survive after spending days in a fish's belly... Or other toomfoolery like allah coming down to the nearest heaven Roll Eyes

You really have to just ignore over a century of scholarly work and theology in order not to interpret them literally and at face value, because that is what Mo himself said was literally that... I have no respect for people trying to put up the "interpretation" card. Oh, how convenient, but then you basically deny a verse in the quran which says that allah will fulfill Islam and protect it, choosing it for humankind. So humans were basically astray not fully understanding the message of allah for about 1400 years  Cheesy

As far as I know, Muhammad never ever said, he was literate or illiterate . He said, "He dont know to read or recite" only..

Reply #325 - February 09, 2014, 06:03 PM

literate and literally are two different words

literate (adjective): ability to read and write in any language

literally (adverb): as in, in a literal and strict sense. Read more here: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/literally

Reply #326 - February 09, 2014, 06:09 PM

Thank you for correcting me... thnkyu

Reply #327 - February 09, 2014, 07:20 PM

There is much factually inaccurate information in the Quran contradicting basic scientific ideas and its not just about interpretation. Anyone with a basic understanding of biology will the laugh at the idea that is virgin birth, something that is universally agreed as having happened by both Muslims and Catholics. Four other examples would be, Moses splitting the sea, creationism, living creatures created in pairs, and Jinn. This is only the beginning, the Quran is littered with bad science - something one would expect from a book 1400 years old.

Even worse is the fact that virgin birth of Yeshua/Jesus is based on double-misunderstanding or possibly to someone trying to fit prophecies, kinda like some muslims try to fit some very non-prophetic verses as prophecies for Muhammad. The prophecy is based on jewish book Yeshayahu which was translated to Greek. The Greek version which was to my understanding widely used amongst jews, translated the verse as virgin while the word itself doesn't mean virgin. The worse part is that the prophecy wasn't messianic but it was fulfilled during the supposed lifetime of Isaiah when young woman gave birth to Immanuel and it was sign to King Ahaz.
    Now, Gospels directly refer to this passage thus creating big problems for Christianity but it's quite obvious that Muhammad copied the story from Christian theology thus basing his faith on fake-prophecy. Islam doesn't directly refer to Isaiah 7:14 so it's not as bad for them.

edit. It's not really much better that some muslims claim that 7:14 is reference to Muhammad.

Reply #328 - February 09, 2014, 08:50 PM

But virgin birth or parthenogenesis is possible, IF Mary was an invertebrate or lower plant. We can't just discard the idea. Mother of a prophet an invertebrate or lower plant. Miracle of miracles, subhanallah bunny!
     Reply #329 - February 09, 2014, 09:12 PM

But virgin birth or parthenogenesis is possible, IF Mary was an invertebrate or lower plant. We can't just discard the idea. Mother of a prophet an invertebrate or lower plant. Miracle of miracles, subhanallah bunny!

Huuu! what? Oh common Rubaya  we are in 21st century .,

If you are trying to become Doc or medical student  Read wiki slides

• Previous page 1 ... 9 10 1112 13 ... 15 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »