Took some time to read AND compile the list. Here it is:
New objections will not be accepted.
My problems with the Quran:
- It assumes free will exists
- Morality is based on a reward/punishment system
- Implies that science -- observation of the universe -- leads to theism -- I'm not convinced by any rationalistic approaches to religion and the only argument for theism I respect is the argument from personal experience/hidaya/fitra
- Hell. Metaphorical or not, those verses should *not* be in a holy book written by a perfect, all-loving god
- Eye for an eye morality (compare with Christian teachings)
- Too much emphasis on legislation and minute matters
- Obedience is more important than morality (eg. Abraham's sacrifice story, good deeds being useless without belief. Compare with the Buddha commanding his followers to disobey him if their minds do not agree with what he says)
- The sexism
- The xenophobia (Do not take Jews/Christians as friends/protectors? Compare with the Baha'i Faith)
- Demands belief without hard evidence
Also, I don't understand how God's apathy = eternal torture. Why doesn't he just wipe us out of existence? Why is it either bliss or torture?
I think one of the strongest arguments against the Quran is that there isn't any conclusive evidence of a deity.
Would you like to provide evidence?
It condemns disbelievers to eternal torture for not believing when there's no undeniable or irrefutable evidence it's true and not just made up shit. This is both irrational and excessively cruel. So either God is a sick and cruel sadist who likes playing games or it's bullshit.
well i didn't have time to search but i have one for you and you gotta stop wasting peoples time.
"والارض بعد ذلك دحاها"
the meaning of "دحاها" is
والدحو والدحي يقال : دحوت ودحيت . واقتصر الجوهري على الواوي وهو الجاري في كلام المفسرين هو = البسط والمد بتسوية
flat = البسط والمد بتسوية
so your god thinks that the earth he made is flat... very clear... & end of the story
Faulty embryology: Quran thinks bones are clothed with flesh! In reality, there is no clothing of bones with flesh. It happens simultaneously.
(Now don't waste my time for exact references. This forum is full of it. So does internet. Your your searching skills, if you have any)
Yajooj/Majooj story with huge wall (18:92-99): Doesn't exist anywhere in the world. Check satellite from google or mapquest.
Male supremacy/Objectification of women: Husband can beat wife, but not vice versa (4:34).. Man can marry multiple women, women can't. Two women equate to one man in witness and inheritance. Men can get 72 houri's, women can't..
Its ok to collect war booty as long as you give prophet the 20% share (8:41).
Many other special verses for prophet's own luxury like 33:50 where he (Allah) allowed any woman to give herself to prophet as a gift. Or other special verse like linger not in the meals prophet invites you as that annoys the prophet (33:53)
There's no conclusive evidence Quran is God's word (nor should there be one, otherwise, there won't be any other choice but to believe). A religion (any religion) is a set of claims and arguments. I judge a religion by its arguemnts, as there's no way to verify its claims.
oh, so that's what you meant? then there's no need for a discussion. I said it before, and I'll say it again, I do not think that even the worst criminals in humanity would allow the eternal torture of other men.
5 strongest arguments against Quran/Islam:
4)Fasting in Ramadan
There are two competing hypotheses.
1. the quran was revealed by allah to muhammed
2. the quran was made up by muhammed and/or other men living in the desert in the 7th century.
There is not a single reason to believe the former.
The latter is already a fully complete explanation of the quran.
Ochkham's razor and all other principles of rational thought, dictate that the second hypothesis, being more parsimonious, and more elegant, is the more likely to be true.
Quod sum eris
5 strongest arguments against the Quran:
1) The quran
5) Common sense
Later clarified: http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=17132.msg732724#msg732724
1-Revealed only in Arabic and how should I expect that the translations are correct?
2-Has plagiarised other Religions
4-if God is omnipotent why did he need the help of a Man to spread his messagge?
5-Religious Ideas started to develop around 50,000 yrs ago and Islam is just 1400 years old.
Already answered: http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=17132.msg732534#msg732534
Anyone with a basic understanding of biology will the laugh at the idea that is virgin birth, something that is universally agreed as having happened by both Muslims and Catholics. Four other examples would be, Moses splitting the sea, creationism, living creatures created in pairs, and Jinn.
Not to forget the idea that someone can survive after spending days in a fish's belly... Or other toomfoolery like allah coming down to the nearest heaven
debunker, who seems knowledgeable of Quran, had some discussion with some members mid-way, wherein some issues were raised and discussed/answered.