Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: CEMB Re-designed Website

(Read 9147 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: CEMB Re-designed Website
     Reply #30 - December 16, 2011, 10:33 PM

Ok, so some twat has gone and blacklisted the site. Presumably a Muslim or two grumbled about ex-Muslims not having the right to exist.

I see that as a good thing though! CEMB is even more popular than I thought. And there are always ways to bypass filters anyway.  Cheesy
     Reply #31 - December 17, 2011, 01:45 PM

Y'all know I wasn't seriously asking if you were running a malicious web-site, I just couldn't help taking the 'p' out of what I thought the cause to be.  Jobsworths.  The word covers everything.

As I understand it, the filtering software has parameters which can be set by the company providing and operating the IT systems on behalf of the various councils up and down the country. Most councils no longer have their own IT departments but contract this work out to private companies and pay them shed-loads of money to do it.  The company responsible for operating this software for the libraries of many local goverments in the UK is called Capita, it is certainly Capita providing IT systems for Blackburn with Darwen Council and I strongly suspect Capita provide the same services for Lancashire County Council because I get the same filtering of that URL in Burnley, Nelson, Clitheroe, Colne and Accrington.

So if most of that is as true as I understand it to be, then can't it all be summed up as "this was set by the experts, it's more than my job's worth to change any settings now" ?  

Edit Thursday morning, 29th December 2011
    Just for information, I went down to Bolton Library (different IT system providers) to check if C.E.M.B. website was deemed to be in a "Malicious Web Sites" category.  I am happy to tell you that both this forum and the website can be accessed in Bolton libraries. But I couldn't leave it at that, I just had to share the information with Accrington library staff this morning.

Result:
     The lancashire library service have changed the "access levels" on my library card and now I can access your website as well as your forum.  After thanking them I couldn't help asking if everybody else's "access levels" on their library card was set the same as mine had been. They have said said yes.  So, momentarily all my paranoias disappeared.  They then said that as a condition of my new "access levels" I will no longer be able to go straight to a computer and book myself on but will have to do so through a member of library staff.

My paranoia that it is a bad idea to complain and draw attention to yourself has returned.  And if what I'm being told is true, then nothing has changed for other library users, your website (but not this forum) is still categorised as a "malicious web site".  And all I've achieved is to draw unwelcome attention and suspicion to myself.

Bah humbug! It's the time of year. lipsrsealed

"And you, you are a fantasy, a view from where you'd like to think the world should see, just be true, and you will likely find a few building a vision, doing justice to our times."
    Roy Harper, addressing the doorstep evangelists, dawa-doers and other self-appointed representitives.
     Reply #32 - December 29, 2011, 02:54 PM

Thursday afternoon, 29th December 2011

Just a further quick update from Blackburn library. Your main website is still blocked there so, encouraged by "access levels" and other explanations at "Accy" library, I have put in an official request, mentioning that "it is obvious (to anybody without bias or [a religious] agenda)" that you are a lovely bunch of people and that your organisation is not "malicious" in any way and that it is irrational to allow access to this, your forum, and then block access to your main website.

And the library staff seem to think that filling in this complaint form might do some good.  I will update you if anything changes.

"And you, you are a fantasy, a view from where you'd like to think the world should see, just be true, and you will likely find a few building a vision, doing justice to our times."
    Roy Harper, addressing the doorstep evangelists, dawa-doers and other self-appointed representitives.
     Reply #33 - December 30, 2011, 02:35 PM

Happy to report from Blackburn central library that your main website is no longer deemed "malicious".  I kind of knew that already but I'm sure you are glad that Blackburn's great and good no longer view you that way.  And miracle of miracle yes complaint forms are not always routinely ignored.  How could I have been so pessimistic? Afro Result.

Reply #34 - December 30, 2011, 07:30 PM

Grin Good.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »