Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What's happened to the fo...
Today at 12:54 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:49 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The English Premier League thread

(Read 42512 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: The English Premier League thread
     Reply #240 - April 25, 2012, 03:36 PM

If David Luiz doesn't make it and ferreira remains injured... Chelsea could be left with 2 defenders... only players that could fill in, Essien and Mikel... will be needed in midfield as Meireles and Ramires are out.

I feel sorry for all the suspended players bar Terry who I loathe unreservedly.

But fear not, we won it in 99 with Keane and Scholes suspended. Our centre midfield was the mighty tandem of Nicky Butt and Phil Neville.
     Reply #241 - April 25, 2012, 03:42 PM

I feel sorry for all the suspended players bar Terry who I loathe unreservedly.

ya me too. i'm genuinely glad an english team is in the final - and they'll be much easier to support now that terry isn't playing  yes

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #242 - April 25, 2012, 10:00 PM

Something just came through my window......oh wait it's just Sergio Ramos's penalty ball.
     Reply #243 - April 25, 2012, 10:23 PM

Something just came through my window......oh wait it's just Sergio Ramos's penalty ball.

Cheesy

I laughed through my tears.  Cry

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #244 - April 25, 2012, 10:40 PM

3 players each side suspended due to this ridiculous rule... They changed it for the last Euros and World Cup tournaments, why is the CL still lagging? Should just do the sensible thing and allow both teams the option of agreeing to over-ruling the yellow-card suspensions...
     Reply #245 - April 25, 2012, 10:41 PM

I think players who were booked should be allowed to play, but players sent off for violent conduct shouldn't play.
     Reply #246 - April 25, 2012, 10:45 PM

Who is missing the final for Bayern? Chelsea's losses are pretty bad.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #247 - April 25, 2012, 10:46 PM

Them's the rules folks. I think that if they are changed there will be repercussions affecting the quality of the games in the semi-finals, which I have to say, this year were top notch first class.  Afro

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #248 - April 25, 2012, 10:47 PM

Bayern won me £420!  dance Fuck yeah! dance
     Reply #249 - April 25, 2012, 10:48 PM

Alaba, Badstuber and I think Gustavo too, not sure.
     Reply #250 - April 25, 2012, 10:52 PM

Bayern won me £420!  dance Fuck yeah! dance

What was your bet?

God is Love.

Reply #251 - April 25, 2012, 10:54 PM

Alaba, Badstuber and I think Gustavo too, not sure.

Alaba looks a good young player, shame he's missing it.

God is Love.

Reply #252 - April 25, 2012, 10:56 PM

All neutral lovers of the game wanted to see Barcelona vs Real Madrid - what a shame!
     Reply #253 - April 25, 2012, 11:00 PM

All neutral lovers of the game wanted to see Barcelona vs Real Madrid - what a shame!

Stop being a presumptuous douche.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #254 - April 25, 2012, 11:14 PM

What was your bet?

I put a bet when it was 2-1 for Bayern to go through. I put £350!!  Cheesy (I won £770, so net is £420)
     Reply #255 - April 25, 2012, 11:17 PM

Oh yeah, another 90 minutes of 22 players taking turns to roll around and ambushing the ref. And complete silence from the crow unless they're trying to get a player sent off.
     Reply #256 - April 25, 2012, 11:17 PM

I put a bet when it was 2-1 for Bayern to go through. I put £350!!  Cheesy (I won £770, so net is £420)

Well in mate.

God is Love.

Reply #257 - April 25, 2012, 11:28 PM

Yeah Alaba, Badstuber and Gustavo... Ramires, Meireles, Ivanovic... it's ridiculous that a yellow at the wrong time (and wrong reasons, Alaba was booked for being hit with the ball, Ivanovic for kicking the ground) can rob a player of the biggest night of their life. Players have had more bookings throughout the tournament and still made the final because they got the crucial one out of the way earlier... and obviously the players who played the most and fought the hardest to make the final are most at risk. Like I said, rules have already changed for the other 2 biggest tournaments in football... I'd be amazed if this isn't sorted for next season, and hopefully common sense will prevail for this year's final. I know it's asking for much to have rules changed in an-going situation, but UEFA have done it before. Think Liverpool 05, rules were clear that they weren't allowed entry to the CL as champions unless the FA were prepared to snatch Everton's place from them... but UEFA made an exception and then changed the rules.

Incidentally that's the reason now a winning goal in Munich could *literally* be worth 50 million in TV money alone (assuming Chelsea don't make 4th), add a similar figure for matchday revenue and other things and this could be Torres' chance to pay for himself, and then some. XD
     Reply #258 - April 25, 2012, 11:30 PM

Another 90 minutes to watch one THE best players ever to grace a football pitch, Messi? Or perhaps be mesmerised by the sheer brilliance of Ronaldo or if they fail to whet your appetite then witnessing the wizardry of Xavi and Iniesta battling it out against Kaka and Ozil is sure to cast some spells. If not, then you're probably watching the wrong sport!
     Reply #259 - April 25, 2012, 11:36 PM

I can see where you're coming from, it would have been good to see Barca & Real Madrid at it. But football is more than just those types of games. Chelsea gave an epic performance & Barca fucked up by not taking advantage & missing a penalty. Bayern Munich were two nil down at the Bernebau and went through to the final. Football is all about upsets and different teams achieving so I'm looking forward to it, I think it could be a good game, Bayern playing at home, an attacking hungry side, Chelsea resilient & with a 'nothing to lose' attitude thats seen them through to the final.

God is Love.

Reply #260 - April 25, 2012, 11:41 PM

Another 90 minutes to watch one THE best players ever to grace a football pitch, Messi? Or perhaps be mesmerised by the sheer brilliance of Ronaldo or if they fail to whet your appetite then witnessing the wizardry of Xavi and Iniesta battling it out against Kaka and Ozil is sure to cast some spells. If not, then you're probably watching the wrong sport!

Yeah it's whetting my appetite already. Side ways pass, side ways pass, side ways pass, back to defence, side ways pass, side ways pass, Messi runs with it, side ways pass, side ways pass, Ramos tries to karate kick Sanchez and misses, Sanchez fakes cardiac arrest, whole Barcelona team surround the ref waving imaginary cards, handbags ensues, Alves blasts the free kick to Berlin as he always does, and makes that face that says 'so close!', as he always does. Pepe gets sent off for being a nob his whole life, Mourinho cries UEFA conspiracy, Fabregas waffles about anti-football in mid-flight of his latest dive, Pique goes to play centre forward, Iniesta kicks the ball in the general direction of the goal from 20 yards, scores and the whole world still exclaim how Barcelona never compromise their 'ethos'.

Thanks but no thanks.
     Reply #261 - April 26, 2012, 12:01 AM

And just to confirm that the suits running football are complete clowns, in case anyone had doubts... UEFA won't allow any of the suspended players to be part of the trophy/medals ceremony... 015
     Reply #262 - April 26, 2012, 12:28 AM

ya me too. i'm genuinely glad an english team is in the final - and they'll be much easier to support now that terry isn't playing  yes

o hallo.

I feel sorry for JT, and seeing all the haters having to endure him lifting the cup would have been delicious. Still, I would actually rather Lampard do it. Much as I love Zola and Drogba above everyone for the magic they can pull out of a hat... Lampard is THE Chelsea player. Over a decade of consistent brilliance, and counting.
     Reply #263 - April 26, 2012, 12:29 AM

...Sanchez fakes cardiac arrest, whole Barcelona team surround the ref waving imaginary cards,

What?! :O He FAKED a cardiac arrest?!?!

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #264 - April 26, 2012, 01:52 AM

All neutral lovers of the game wanted to see Barcelona vs Real Madrid

Hilarious.

The most corrupt club in the world vs. the most self-regarding.

If that's all football is, you're welcome to it.
     Reply #265 - April 26, 2012, 01:55 AM

Yeah it's whetting my appetite already. Side ways pass, side ways pass, side ways pass, back to defence, side ways pass, side ways pass, Messi runs with it, side ways pass, side ways pass, Ramos tries to karate kick Sanchez and misses, Sanchez fakes cardiac arrest, whole Barcelona team surround the ref waving imaginary cards, handbags ensues, Alves blasts the free kick to Berlin as he always does, and makes that face that says 'so close!', as he always does. Pepe gets sent off for being a nob his whole life, Mourinho cries UEFA conspiracy, Fabregas waffles about anti-football in mid-flight of his latest dive, Pique goes to play centre forward, Iniesta kicks the ball in the general direction of the goal from 20 yards, scores and the whole world still exclaim how Barcelona never compromise their 'ethos'.

Thanks but no thanks.

Cheesy

What?! :O He FAKED a cardiac arrest?!?!

NOOB! Tongue

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #266 - April 26, 2012, 12:45 PM

Cheesy

Thanks but no thanks.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #267 - April 26, 2012, 03:22 PM

Well they've waived one rule already (Terry will be allowed to participate in the ceremony and lift the trophy)... and now FIFPro are getting involved over the yellow card suspensions, there's hope yet! dance
     Reply #268 - April 26, 2012, 03:56 PM

Perfect!

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #269 - April 26, 2012, 04:49 PM

Fack you UEFA
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »