Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ishina Interview Thread

(Read 23457 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Ishina Interview Thread
     Reply #30 - August 15, 2011, 11:34 PM

Ok, I guess one more bump for questions and then we can hand over to Ishina.

Ishina! Ishina! Ishina!

"In battle, the well-honed spork is more dangerous than the mightiest sword" -- Sun Tzu
     Reply #31 - August 15, 2011, 11:56 PM

Don't know you very well, but I remember reading a post or something where you mentioned how much you love your mother, how cool she is and you seem to have a great relationship with her, and that she accepts your ex-muslimness and boyfriend? So I'm just wondering how that's so? Is she muslim or non? If she's muslim and just has unconditional love for you that is awesome.

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in.
     Reply #32 - August 19, 2011, 01:30 PM

*bump*
     Reply #33 - August 19, 2011, 01:46 PM

Does Ishina even know about this thread?  imma send her a PM. yes

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #34 - August 19, 2011, 01:51 PM

I would think z10 already sent her one...
     Reply #35 - August 26, 2011, 01:37 PM

Where is Ishina? I miss her caustic wit.
     Reply #36 - August 26, 2011, 02:41 PM

She probably can't be arsed.  Roll Eyes

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

• Ishina Interview Thread
     Reply #37 - March 29, 2013, 04:52 PM

I was just reminded about this thread. I'd completely forgotten it existed. It came at a bad time, when I was dealing with some bullshit in real life and I was away from the forum for a while, didn't get chance to respond.

I'm in a better position to get stuck into it now. I'm gonna give it a go at responses. I'm probably busy this weekend, so I'll say Monday and if there are any questions anybody wants to ask in the meantime, feel free. I can't guarantee I'll answer each question. Nor guarantee to answer them all timely. I'll probably recycle some old posts if I've already covered something. I'll be as candid as I can be.

Ask me some juicy questions. Anything at all.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #38 - March 29, 2013, 05:38 PM

How did you perfect the very definition of cool?

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #39 - March 29, 2013, 06:53 PM

OK I want to ask a serious question.

How did you become interested in the philosophy of Asian martial arts and how has the study and practise of it affected your life in terms of confidence, self esteem and psychology?

God is Love.

Reply #40 - March 29, 2013, 08:17 PM

Ignore the previous questions I have asked in favour of this one.Thanks. Smiley

-How did you become interested in Hip-hop music and what made you a develop a liking towards it?

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #41 - March 30, 2013, 01:48 PM

When and how did you develop your awesome writing style?

What is a typical day in the life of Ishina like? Does it involve slaying any dragons or single-handedly crushing complete armies of men?

What would your weapon of choice be in the event of a zombie apocalypse? You're only allowed one and if it's a gun, you don't have unlimited ammo. Go.

What hairstyle are you rocking right now?

Are you actually writing a novel? What's it about, roughly?  grin12

Do you want any more tattoos? If so, what do you want to get done and where?

What did you want to be when you were a kid and how has that changed over the years?

Favourite alcoholic drink?

Started from the bottom, now I'm here
    Started from the bottom, now my whole extended family's here

JOIN THE CHAT
     Reply #42 - March 30, 2013, 02:16 PM

Do you like llamas?
     Reply #43 - March 30, 2013, 02:18 PM

Have you come out about your apostasy or are still in the closet ?

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #44 - March 30, 2013, 02:24 PM

i'm new round here, who is Ishina?

"Dont put people in a box, the only people shaped box is a coffin"

"If God wanted us to believe, he would have given divine guidance to us all"

"Religion the ultimate hypnosis, the art of convincing people of a fantasy that they believe all their lives"
     Reply #45 - March 30, 2013, 02:49 PM

i'm new round here, who is Ishina?

Surat Ishina

1.   Say: She is Ishina, the amazing!
    2.   Ishina. Hot like flames a’ blazing
    3.   With a gift for words and perfect phrasing
    4.   And for her, there are countless members crazing
     Reply #46 - March 31, 2013, 12:07 AM

Do you blaze it at 4:20, or do you feel that that's not a thing which should be restricted by time of day, or hour, or minute?

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #47 - March 31, 2013, 01:23 PM

Unnecessary bullshit has been removed and sent where it belongs. http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=23744.msg680115#msg680115

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #48 - March 31, 2013, 01:23 PM

Ishina, i've admired your posts from day one.  I've learned so much about myself through your comments, and even though you are one the most bad ass women i've seen (and i so very much love that) i find so much compassion and passion in everything you post.. i  wanted to say thank you for being part of this forum, and this forum is better for it..

@thread

1- If you could have a room full of any one thing, what would it be?
    2- What is the best advice you've ever given and received?
    3- If you were to go on a picnic, what would your perfect picnic basket contain?
    4- will you marry me? 001_wub
     Reply #49 - March 31, 2013, 01:25 PM

I want to know what Ishina would cook as a perfect meal for her best friends!

God is Love.

Reply #50 - April 02, 2013, 08:28 AM

ummm.. Ishina
    are you always precise and straight to the point IRL ?
     Reply #51 - April 02, 2013, 11:42 AM

Who's the writer who's had the most influence on your writing style?
     Reply #52 - April 02, 2013, 11:36 PM

Ok, let's get stuck in. And wow, so many questions. Almost overwhelming. I wont answer them all now. I'll just dip in and out of it. Bunch up some similar questions. Probably pass on some of the deeper ones for now, save them till last. Feel free to ask any follow-up questions. I quite like talking about myself.

Without further ado...

You have stated previously that you are attending art college. What is your favourite medium to work in?

Anything I can get my hands on. I've used a lot of aerosol. I must have sprayed gallons of paint in total. It's not the cheapest medium. But it sure is satisfying and a helluvalot of fun.

I like welding too. It's relaxing. I love being closed-off and inside that tiny square window, watching that little light. You can forget the whole world for a brief while. The arc absorbs all of your attention. Like a moth made captive by a flame. It's actually quite like meditation. There is something about working with metal, too. The heat of working it, the exertion and sweat, the smell of molten iron and steam. Metal fascinates me. Iconic strength, yet soft and yielding or liquid with heat. You can make it do what you want it to do. And if you screw up, you can just soften it again, or cut the mistake off and add more metal again. I really love it. I think I must have been a swordsmith in a past life.

When sketching, the medium I am most comfortable with is a black biro. It's gotta be black Bic Cristal though, one of those cheap disposable biros. It’s what I use most often for sketching ideas and whatnot. There is something about the permanency of using indelible marks that makes for a more spontaneous and honest flow. It works for me. Plenty of happy accidents, but I also use it for reliability and consistency. You kinda get used to getting it right first time. And it's gotta be cartridge paper or thick mat sketchbook paper. Glossy paper just smudges so easily.

Do you see yourself creating art for a long time?

I see myself in some kind of creative enterprise, forever. I want to give writing a serious go, though. Art is just some shit I have always done. My island retreat. It's something I do mainly just for myself, and something I'll always do. Not having art would be like not having one of my limbs. I always sketch ideas, even for writing. But I can picture myself making a modest living from novels. I'm hungry for that. I'm not really so interested in making a mark on the art world. At least not as much as I used to be.

If you wouldn't mind sharing, what's your favourite work so far?

I did a graffiti piece I was really proud of. It was a massive capitalised and stylised SIN, each letter a tower block, emphasised in a black city silhouette. Did a polluted sunset backdrop. Pretty dumb concept, but it looked really great. It got removed a couple of week later. That wall doesn't even exist now. The building got demolished years ago and the land is now snazzy apartments.

It's a hard question to answer, because I've never been truly satisfied with a piece of work. It seems to me to be one of the hardest things in the world to achieve completion. I've never looked at a piece as 'complete'. I often dispose of stuff, give it away or throw it out, or cannibalise it for something else. And I've got such a fickle attention span, too. I can be wrapped up entirely in something, just utterly addicted to it, and then if I leave it or get distracted by something else, I can never go back and capture that same mood or theme.

I think that's why I suited street art. The danger element meant you had to just get shit up fast, and probably end up leaving it in a rush when you were spotted. Accepting it was only temporary art was part of the ethos. We didn't even bother taking photos. Hell, we didn't even have camera phones or things like that. We were just poor, down-and-out kids getting up to mischief and vandalism. I didn't even own a decent mobile until well into my adult life. Kids these days have Facebook, Twitter, mobile phones, iPods, mp3, blueray, cable, HD digital TV. When we were kids, we had walkmans, 12 track cassettes, mix tapes recorded from the radio, ghetto blasters, a portable TV with an aerial to get a picture, and a toploader VHS player. I thought I was rich when I got a portable CD player – the kind that skips with the slightest bump. I couldn't even dream of having a home computer. Computers in the 90's and early 00's were just something some rich kid down the road had, where I was brought up. It's fucking fantastic how far we've come even in my relative few years. It truly astounds me. Makes me feel so positive about the future. I have a dodgy old camcorder recording of some things we did. In my bottom draw somewhere. I don't even have anything to play it on. It was enough then to just get recognition from friends and crew. I do sometimes wish I'd documented some of my big pieces. But the memory is still there to enjoy. Good times.

There are also some deeply personal pieces or art that I am proud of. Such as my tattoos that I designed, each of which mean something symbolic to me, representing a significant person or event. Also something as simple as a sketch of my mum that I gave to her when I was younger. I also drew a tiger for her, which I kinda cringe at now since my critical eye is a lot more ruthless and the pictures a bit out of proportion. Still, it's pretty good for a kid. And one my mum's most prized possessions.

Are you ever going to share some of your artwork?

I don’t actually have anything digital I could show you. Nothing decent anyway.

I will one day get around to making a portfolio. I'll need one soon if I decide to continue studying art. But that's not even certain as it stands right now.

Do you associate yourself, even tentatively, with any movement or school of thought in art?

Does graffiti count? I don't necessarily mean the territorial stuff.

I was massively into Banksy, Blek le Rat, Part2ism (Keith Hopewell), OBEY (Shepard Fairey), and so on. Counter-culture. Anti-establishment, anti-tradition "urban art." Artists that challenged perception or made some kind of subversive social commentary, or just pure, dumb, unadulterated liberation of expression. Those that broke the rules (and often the law). Guerrilla art.

I've got a special kind of fondness for impressionism. There was a time, believe it or not, when I thought Monet was boring. I was more into the excitement and controversy of Giger (creator of Ridley Scott's alien), the darker power and sex fantasies intrigued me, probably due in part to the conservative religious home I was born into. Or, like I mentioned, my first love of street art, statement art, and territorial art. Or the brassy fun of British comic artists like Jamie Hewlett (Tank Girl, Gorillaz). I loved Dave Gibbons too (who was trendy in raver circles since the smiley rave face is from his Watchmen graphic novels). I also loved Frank Miller (Sin City, 300), who had such a unique contrast to his work with black & white and sparse splashes of colour. I liked a lot of typical adolescent stuff. Immediately gratifying art, cheap thrills, visceral and sensory assaults. Witty, satirical and irreverent art. I didn't so much like comics, so to speak. I'm not a big fan of Marvel or DC or all that mainstream stuff (though they make for great movies). Tank Girl was shameless punk rock art, Watchmen was pretty much the dark and mature antidote to mainstream superhero comics, almost a satire of the comic culture tropes, but also an analysis of the human condition. But I digress.

Impressionism didn't capture me until later. I had no interest in fine art, still art, and so on. As a young artist, it's easy to get caught up in wanting to be some kind of cultural rebel. To make some kind of unique mark or flip the middle finger to the establishment. Maybe that's my lower class/underprivileged background (or my conservative grandparents) reflected in my tastes, I dunno. But we were young and stupid. The closest I came to a love of fine art was Picasso, and even then I loved him out of a superficial, adolescent sense of rebellion (that isn't to say Picasso is child's play. Rebellion is just one of many reasons to love his work, and the least of the reasons I love him now as an adult). Monet was just one of many names that I knew I was 'supposed' to like as an art student, but just wasn't personally interested in. That was until I saw one up close. It completely changed the way I saw art. Each brush stroke is a story in itself. Conveying the artists mood and perspective. You can just imagine how he was posed, where his hands moved to and from, the direction of his brush. Not only does it evoke the artist, but it evokes the subject in profound ways. Not just physical dimensions, but time and movement. Not merely a still representation, but the fulsomeness of the subject. Living, breathing, existing life. A moment in time, alive and vital. You can get lost in a Monet. Transported elsewhere.

And of course, I love the Renaissance, though that's not exactly a movement. Da Vinci appeals to both the artist and scientist in me. Michelangelo appeals to the tragedy and romance in me, and whatever sense of religious awe I have in me as a human. And the other obvious candidates for other equally obvious reasons. It was also a humanist period. Many of the ideas that underpin our humanity were most beautifully and timelessly expressed during that period. That's why it captures so many of us, I guess.

Any project that you dream of undertaking but haven't done yet?

Nothing in particular. I have too many ideas and plenty of good intentions. But you know what they say about good intentions.

I think if I ever finish a novel and establish that fictional 'universe', I'd like to eventually do some spin-off graphic novels. Something visual. Or... who knows... maybe even turn it into a movie. If I could combine art, writing and movie-making, wow, that'd be living the dream. That'd be everything I could ever hope for and more as a career.

Reply #53 - April 03, 2013, 12:00 AM

Cool stuff! I picture you as like this Michelle Rodriguz style baddass mixed with like this insightful Jhumpa Lahiri.  Afro  Really cool to read your responses.

I think the famous words of the poet Al-Mutanabi were written for warrior poets like yourself:

الـخـيل والـلـيـل والـبـيداء تـعـرفـنـــي والـسـيــف والـرمـح والقـرطـاس والـقـلـمُ

The steed, the night and the desert all know me    As do the sword and the spear, the paper and the pen.
     Reply #54 - April 03, 2013, 12:47 AM

I think of Ishina as the Quentin Tarantino character he hasn't made a movie about yet

At the very least a lead role in Kill Bill 3

God is Love.

Reply #55 - April 03, 2013, 09:33 AM

well, that was worth the wait, looking forward to the rest of your answers

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #56 - April 03, 2013, 05:21 PM

Fanks guys 001_wub

When and how did you develop your awesome writing style?

Thanks. Awesome is putting it pretty generously, but I think my voice is coming more and more naturally. Words are called to mind faster.

I was pretty good at English lit. in school. Loved the dramas. Would kill people to make sure I got a good part in readings. But I bombed out of school. So I don't have any decent grades or anything like that. It's not something I've studied or intentionally developed. I think reading is the best form of study for a writer. And writing, writing, writing is the best way to practice.

I guess the trick is to just write like you talk. Keep going forward and don't look back. Fight the urge to dwell on how to best put forward an idea. Leave the thesaurus alone. Often the first way is the best way, and you can lose some integrity in over-embellishment or poetic excess. Don't force it. I think when you try and shoehorn-in fancy words, or clever verbal arrangement, it can be a departure from consistency and tone, can disturb the flow rather than add to it. I sometimes cringe at some of the stuff I've written. It's something I'm working on.

I also find that it helps to keep writing. Write through a writers block. Just write anything. Keep the engine running. Recent news, thoughts about current events, personal history, loves and hates, arguing about religion. I guess that's why I love the forum so much. As well as all you sexy people of course.

Are you actually writing a novel? What's it about, roughly?

I can't tell you the what the central premise is. I'm paranoid that someone will see it and steal the idea. I even keep it on a USB flash drive just in case my computer gets hacked or blows up (and mostly exists as sketches and hand-written draft anyway). It's an idea that has only been touched upon in other fiction and it'd break my heart if someone else beat me to it. But I have a really good feeling about it.

It's science fiction. Or rather a dark fantasy with science fiction underpinnings. In the vein of Frank Herbert's Dune and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. I know it's cliche to reference other novels when describing mine, but there ya go. Even I don't quite know what the finished article will be. It's still just bones and scraps of a story. It might be post-apocalyptic. It might be dystopia. I'm not quite sure what the backdrop will be yet. I'm not sure about what happened prior. It's not important to the story right now. The characters wouldn't know, so it will be revealed to the reader (and revealed to me) if and when they discover it. It's going to play like a mythological epic, or a kind of dark, adult fairytale – an overarching plot thread, with diversions along the way, but there is no magic or psychics or voodoo crap. I know that much. It'll all be anchored in reality, albeit a fictional future reality. I know I'm describing hundreds of books that are already out there, but that's the best I can do without giving the plot away.

I have a geek crush on post-apocalypse fiction, so it'll be heavily influenced by that even if it doesn't turn out to be post-apocalypse itself. I love Mad Max, A Boy And His Dog, Le Dernier Combat, The Road, Tank Girl, and so on. I even loved Waterworld, and that got slated by the critics. I'm a huge fan of zombie flicks too. And of Eastern philosophy and mythology. It'll be some kind of monstrous hybrid of these things.

I've thought about doing it as a graphic novel. But then, there's something about the written word that captivates me. It's such a great storytelling medium, second only to the spoken word. Graphic novels are about the art and punchy yet simplistic storytelling. Written narrative grants you extra dimensions to the story. Thoughts, feelings, undercurrents, emotions, subtleties and affectations, memories, mood and theme, and so on.

I say all this, but I'm not actually doing much writing these days. College, work, training, procrastinating, other less glamorous shit. Life sometimes gets in the way of living. I need a holiday. I just wanna fuck off for a few weeks to somewhere remote and quiet and get some writing done. But I've been lacking inspiration recently. Struggling to get anything down in words. I find that, rather than forget a good idea, if I sketch it I have something to refer to when I come to write it. So my book is like one third written draft, two thirds storyboard and sketch. Not even nearly finished.

Who's the writer who's had the most influence on your writing style?

Hard to say. I take inspiration from so many places. My ethics on creativity are summed up here:

Rule #5: Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is nonexistent. And don't bother concealing your thievery—celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: "It's not where you take things from—it's where you take them to."
    – Jim Jarmusch, The Golden Rules of Filming

I could answer who I would like to emulate. I'd like to say Mary Shelley, but that's punching above my weight. I just don't have the vocabulary and genius for that.

I think Wilbur Smith has perhaps my favourite style insofar as who I'd love to sound something like myself. The way he can describe vivid and moving detail, action, physical drama, just takes my breath away. I still have parts of his novels in my head as actual motion picture, with full-spectrum clarity. That's how fully he can describe and encapsulate a scene. And his novels are very adult. Uncompromising human drama, clearly employing a rich personal life experience. And very violent. But also very honest and emotionally rousing. William Golding is another.

I'd also like a little bit of Frank Herbert's magic. He evokes a sense of place and 'elsewhere' in such lifelike beauty. You are living and breathing the air of his universe, hearing the sounds, smelling the aromas. He doesn't waste time with lengthy exposition. He just opens the door into another land, complete with foreign words and concepts than might not become clear until much later. This puts some readers off. Some readers like to know the background information, like to have jargon explained as soon as its introduced; "What the hell is a Kwizatz Haderach? Who the hell are the Bene Gesserit?" But his exposition comes organically, through action, drama, dialogue of the characters as they talk off-hand, as though you're eavesdropping on a completely alien world and catching a glimpse of daily life there. I like that. It teases and tantalises me rather than spoon feeds me. Treats me like an adult rather than a child.

Fantasy authors tend to meander and get bogged down with the exposition when conveying a story. Contemporary writers tend to indulge in themselves and too much. But writers like Smith and Herbert write like a movie edit. Lean and mean. Only scenes that add something essential to the story threads. Just enough to give solid details, to spur the imagination, and plenty of room for the reader to fill in with their own colour and creativity.

With regards to the art of writing, I think the book that has had the most influence on me is On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King. Part autobiographical, part writers guide. A fantastic insight into the process of writing and the writer mind. It's worth reading just for King's life story. As you can probably imagine from his novels, he's had a very interesting life. An inspiring life. It's great to get a glimpse into the mind of the man behind the horror.

What would your weapon of choice be in the event of a zombie apocalypse? You're only allowed one and if it's a gun, you don't have unlimited ammo. Go.

Fun question.

28 Days Later zombies? Or Walking Dead zombies? Are we talking about shoot-the-brain zombies, or just kill the shit out of it until it stops twitching zombies? Runners or shufflers?

A gun would be too loud (assuming zombies can hear) and like you say, ammo would be sparse (especially in UK). If I can have only one ranged weapon, it'd be a bow or crossbow. Bow is near silent, reusable ammunition, and they can pack considerable poundage. Crossbow still makes a noise, but considerably less than a firearm. Plus it'd be easy to make replacement ammo for a bow or crossbow (I used to have a small crossbow that was the perfect size to fire pencils out of). Bow is easier to maintain/repair, no chance of jamming, can double as a melee weapon in a clinch.

However, I'm a little dubious about the zombie stopping power of firearms and bows. They are dead (or insane), so they are not gonna be bothered by a few bullet holes or arrows sticking out dey ass.  Guns would just draw more attention. You'd have to be a crackshot to get the head. Bows/crossbows take extra time to reload/aim. So I think melee would be better for general work and for larger crowds. I have a Miyamoto Musashi replica daito. But a long blade would be unwieldy in an urban/close-quarters environment.

I think I'd like two weapons. I'd have a hatchet in my left hand, for blocking and hooking, hamstringing, plus skull penetration. And I'd have a medium blade in my right hand, a machete or heavy leaf-blade gladius, for thrusting/hacking/slashing/killing blows. This way you have plenty of options in close-quarters. Manoeuvrability most importantly of all. Better for crowd control. You can manage the zombie, put it where you want it. Keep it away from you while having another weapon free to pick your blows.

A hatchet or gladius will do more savage, shit-wrecking, incapacitating damage to a slow moving target, whereas a bullet or arrow might just tickle it or pass through it. They are gonna be fucked without a hamstring, dead or alive.

There is also something to be said about a shield, too. The Romans had it right. Look at what police use to manage crowds. A long transparent perspex shield would be so useful in a zombie apocalypse. Or one of those smaller bucklers that could double as a punching weapon. A zombie is useless against a shield. It'll just be a flailing, gnashing, useless sack of shit against a window. And you can rain down blows at leisure.

So ideally, an Apache tomahawk and a Roman gladius/machete. A riot shield. Plus a good competition bow or crossbow to mix it up. If strictly only one single weapon, it'd be the gladius/machete. It's the most versatile single weapon.

Reply #57 - April 03, 2013, 05:27 PM

Wow, this was interesting.  Afro Afro Afro

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
     Reply #58 - April 04, 2013, 04:10 AM

What's your relationship like with your mother? I heard she's also an ex-Muslim (or at least liberal Muslim?) now, too? I'm pretty fascinated by that so am quite curious.

It would be a dream for me if both my parents were, but particularly my mom - because I think she's the one that's more attached to Islam, and that makes me so sad to see.

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in.
     Reply #59 - April 04, 2013, 06:25 AM

When you prowl the streets of Manchester in your Reyes boxing boots, do builders whistle and shout: "Aren't you that Christopher 'Itchings?"
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »