Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Super mosque' in cambridge

(Read 12496 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: 'Super mosque' in cambridge
     Reply #30 - October 17, 2011, 05:36 PM

Mosque busters supports ordinary folk who don't want them, nothing to do with the state.

Arthur.
     Reply #31 - October 17, 2011, 06:17 PM

It is a legal team set up specifically to "help ordinary citizens demonstrate to their local councils that the building of a mosque or an Islamic center is actually in violation of British law." according to one website-- in other words it lobbies the state to enact discriminatory laws and zoning ordinances against Muslim religious buildings. So you're wrong that it's "nothing to do with the state"

fuck you
     Reply #32 - October 17, 2011, 07:39 PM

@^Toor. Thanks for that quote. That guy is obviously an out and out shariaist. You admire him?

If a Muslim does not obey the laws of Islam, his claims to faith are likely to be considered suspect. Similarly, a man who actively seeks to wave Muslims' failings in the faces of former Muslims might be considered prone to making other category errors.

I admire you, Imam sahib. Given the example you consistently set to others, how could I not?
     Reply #33 - October 17, 2011, 10:28 PM

It is a legal team set up specifically to "help ordinary citizens demonstrate to their local councils that the building of a mosque or an Islamic center is actually in violation of British law." according to one website-- in other words it lobbies the state to enact discriminatory laws and zoning ordinances against Muslim religious buildings. So you're wrong that it's "nothing to do with the state"

No, it presents a case to councils consisting of things like, noise pollution, traffic problems etc and acts within the law. Any citizen can do these things, it's just that Mosque Busters are experts. They do it for free.

Also I'd point out to you that in countries where muslims are in the majority worse tactics than this are used to stop any other religion from places of worship, ask the Coptics.

Arthur.
     Reply #34 - October 17, 2011, 10:36 PM

No, it presents a case to councils consisting of things like, noise pollution, traffic problems etc and acts within the law. Any citizen can do these things, it's just that Mosque Busters are experts. They do it for free.

The councils are state institutions, Mosque Busters are trying to manipulate the laws, ordinances and regulations of the councils to get them (again state institutions) to discriminate specifically against one religion's building permits. Therefore your statement they have "nothing to do with the state" is patently incorrect. End fucking of. Please, please tell me you aren't so stupid and stubborn as to be unable to admit your statement was absolutely and obviously incorrect.

Also I'd point out to you that in countries where muslims are in the majority worse tactics than this are used to stop any other religion from places of worship, ask the Coptics.

Arthur.

Cheesy Point out? Every fucking person on this forum just about has known that for some time. It's just that many of us don't accept the argument that because Muslim countries discriminate against religious minorities that makes it okay for non-Muslim countries to discriminate against Muslims. Didn't your "mum" ever teach you that two wrongs don't make a right? Fucking Christ, man.

fuck you
     Reply #35 - October 18, 2011, 10:59 AM

Many of the people running these mosques are them selves the most intolerant of people, preaching hatred and intolerance against non muslims and also many muslims themselves are the victims of this intolerance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/education-15256764

The only way that Islam survives is by beating it's children into submission.

Arthur.
     Reply #36 - October 18, 2011, 11:36 AM

Another reason why we should stop mosques and faith schools.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kau7SItYcSY

Arthur.
     Reply #37 - October 18, 2011, 01:11 PM

Many of the people running these mosques are them selves the most intolerant of people, preaching hatred and intolerance against non muslims and also many muslims themselves are the victims of this intolerance.

Arthur.

Non sequitur. You just can't admit you were wrong, huh?

fuck you
     Reply #38 - October 18, 2011, 03:05 PM

Arthur.

arthur, your concern for Muslim children at madrassas should make you support the efforts of Dr Ghayasuddin Siddiqui, a Muslim writer commited to combatting abuse inside Islamic educational institutions.

Wouldn't that be a more a productive initial step towards preventing that abuse, and isn't Dr Ghayasuddin Siddiqui an example of a conscientious British Muslim with whom you have no quarrel?

More than 400 allegations of physical abuse against young people at British Islamic schools were made in the last three years, figures show.

However, only 10 of these cases ever made it to court, with just two leading to convictions, a report into abuse at madrassas warns.

Muslim campaigners have warned that insufficient regulation is leading to some madrassas "destroying the lives of young people" and urged the Government to take action against offending institutions.

Corporal punishment is legal in part-time education settings in England, including in madrassas, if lessons are taught for fewer than 12.5 hours per week.

The figures, obtained by BBC Radio 4's File on 4 under freedom of information laws, showed tighter regulation of the schools, which take up to 500,000 students a day in England, Scotland and Wales, was needed, a Muslim think-tank said.

Dr Ghayasuddin Siddiqui, founder of the Muslim Institute, said: "Some kind of system must be put in place to ensure that only teaching takes place there, not sexual or physical abuse.

"We are basically destroying the lives of young people."

Dr Siddiqui added that there should be a national registration scheme.

The figures from 180 local authorities showed there were 420 cases of physical abuse in the last three years.

Among those councils which broke down the figures by year, there were 89 abuse allegations in 2008, rising to 178 in 2010 and 146 in the first nine months of this year.

A report by Sir Roger Singleton, the chief adviser on child safety, last year recommended that corporal punishment should be banned, but so far no action has been taken.

Mohammed Shahid Raza, chairman of the Mosques and Imams National Advisory Board, said the figures were "very alarming and shocking".

"There is no justification for such punishments within our mosque schools," he said.

"I'm not sure how wide this unacceptable practice is, but our responsibility is to make those who run the mosques realise we live in a civilised society and this is not acceptable at any cost."

A Department for Education spokesman added: "The Government does not support the use of physical punishment in schools and other children's settings.

"Abuse and harm to children is unacceptable and any allegations should be reported to the police.

"We expect any organisation working with children to take their responsibilities seriously to protect children or vulnerable adults."

Ministers have met Sir Roger and are considering the recommendations made in his report on the physical punishment of children, the spokesman added.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/8833214/More-than-400-claims-of-physical-abuse-on-children-attending-British-madrassas.html

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #39 - October 19, 2011, 12:42 PM

Is this the chap Billy?
    http://www.muslimparliament.org.uk/MuslimDignity.htm

Arthur.
     Reply #40 - October 19, 2011, 12:49 PM

I believe it is arthur.

God is Love.

Reply #41 - October 19, 2011, 01:14 PM

Some very interesting articles on that site, thanks.

Arthur.
     Reply #42 - October 20, 2011, 06:41 AM

You are typically overlooking the FACT  that Islam PER SE is a dangerous, violent transnational religio-political cult with a long record of exploiting the religious tolerance in every country it infiltrates into to destroy that tolerance and replace it with sharia. Anybody who thinks it will behave any differently in the UK or other western countries is quite frankly a fucking cretin. It therefore cannot be treated as "just another religion". It is consequently perfectly valid that native britons etc who do not want to see THEIR country turn into the sort of basket cases whence their Muslim "faith communities" hail to seek to slow the "peaceful" progress of Islam in THEIR country by all peaceful means available.

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #43 - October 20, 2011, 06:59 PM

You are typically overlooking the FACT  that Islam PER SE is a dangerous, violent transnational religio-political cult with a long record of exploiting the religious tolerance in every country it infiltrates into to destroy that tolerance and replace it with sharia. Anybody who thinks it will behave any differently in the UK or other western countries is quite frankly a fucking cretin. It therefore cannot be treated as "just another religion". It is consequently perfectly valid that native britons etc who do not want to see THEIR country turn into the sort of basket cases whence their Muslim "faith communities" hail to seek to slow the peaceful progress of Islam in THEIR country by all peaceful means available.

Assuming all that is true it does nothing to refute my point-- that this organization exists to pressure the state into enacting discriminatory regulations/laws against one particular religion-- you just happen to believe that state discrimination is justified.

and  Cheesy at "native Britons"-- you really wanna bring that up again so you can get spanked and expose yourself as a racist again? If so, lemme know and I'll PM Ishina to see if she'll be kind enough to come back and tear you a third one on that topic again.

fuck you
     Reply #44 - October 21, 2011, 03:41 AM

Another reason why we should stop mosques and faith schools.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kau7SItYcSY

Arthur.

Wow, watching that video is reminiscent of my childhood when I used to go the madrassa here outside of Toronto. Every single thing I saw in that video was a normal occurrence. Sometimes the beatings would go too far (I'm talking to the point of open cuts/sores) and parents would have to come in and say wtf are you doing. Sadly, the parents wouldn't go any further than that. I wonder how it is in other parts of the western world..not too different I bet.

"Live a good life. If there are god(s) and they are just, you will be rewarded based on virtue. If they're unjust, then you shouldn't want to worship them. If there are no gods, you will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of others."

-Re-interpretation of Marcus Aurelius
     Reply #45 - October 21, 2011, 09:28 AM

Child abuse claims at UK madrassas 'tip of iceberg

Britain's madrassas have faced more than 400 allegations of physical abuse in the past three years, a BBC investigation has discovered.

But only a tiny number have led to successful prosecutions.

The revelation has led to calls for formal regulation of the schools, attended by more than 250,000 Muslim children every day for Koran lessons.

The chairman of the Mosques and Imams National Advisory Board said he would treat the issue as a matter of urgency.

Leading Muslim figures said families often faced pressure not to go to court or even to make a formal complaint.

A senior prosecutor told the BBC its figures were likely to represent the tip of an iceberg.

Bolding is mine.

More here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-15256764#story_continues_1

Family shunned & threatened by community for reporting sexual abuse of their daughter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPu_LJmzeVE&feature=player_embedded

This is so infuriating.

Just like the Catholic Church it is more important to keep up the facade than to stop such sexual predators.

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
     Reply #46 - October 21, 2011, 09:45 AM

Quote from: Colonel Q-Daffi
    Assuming all that is true

It is true.

it does nothing to refute my point-- that this organization exists to pressure the state into enacting discriminatory regulations/laws against one particular religion

Provide an example of some anti-Islam "discriminatory legulations/laws" that Mosque Busters has lobbied the British Parliament to put on the statute book. Perhaps you mean they seek to use every legal trick available to get applications for new mosques thrown out by local authorities. Anybody whose primary interest is slowing the creeping Islamization - and hence SHARIAIZATION - of the UK, USA and other western democracies will see nothing wrong with that. YOUR primary concern of course is protecting "Muslim rights" against "racists" - including the "right" to settle in Europe, USA etc in unlimited numbers (a "right", interestingly, you don't extend to Jews who wish to settle in "Palestinyunland" or even who already live there).

and  Cheesy at "native Britons"-- you really wanna bring that up again so you can get spanked and expose yourself as a racist again?

If you feel you need back-up PM away. You'll probably find she's died from stuffing bacon sandwiches down her gob whilst hurling abuse at someone who looked at her the wrong way.  Before you do perhaps you would like to show the world where I have already "exposed" myself as a "racist".

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #47 - October 21, 2011, 05:42 PM

@ DH

Do you class people who are half-english as being "native Britons" ?
     Reply #48 - October 21, 2011, 06:04 PM

No, of course not.

He is actually talking about Druids.
     Reply #49 - October 21, 2011, 06:10 PM

Imam sahib is a Druid?

That'd make Friday prayers more interesting, if nothing else.
     Reply #50 - October 21, 2011, 07:08 PM

You'll probably find she's died from stuffing bacon sandwiches down her gob whilst hurling abuse at someone who looked at her the wrong way.

Ishina is more likely to be cooking bacon sandwiches for the poor, hungry and needy, whilst spreading consideration and amity to those who look at her kindly. Such a lovely person.

God is Love.

Reply #51 - October 22, 2011, 02:38 AM

Perhaps you mean they seek to use every legal trick available to get applications for new mosques thrown out by local authorities.

This is what I mean. Using existing laws and regulations to have the state effect discriminatory policy.

YOUR primary concern of course is protecting "Muslim rights" against "racists" -

No, my primary concern is protecting rights and liberties in general, both from encroachment by Muslims and people like you.

including the "right" to settle in Europe, USA etc in unlimited numbers

I believe freedom of movement is a fundamental right and that borders are repressive.

(a "right", interestingly, you don't extend to Jews who wish to settle in "Palestinyunland" or even who already live there).

Uh-huh. Where have I said that? If Jews wish to legally purchase land or settle on unclaimed land and they don't try to annex this land to Israel, then I have no problem with it.

Before you do perhaps you would like to show the world where I have already "exposed" myself as a "racist".

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=14972.msg430027#msg430027

There's also your plainly racist imitation of AAVE which I can't be bothered to find at the moment and you trolling with a swastika avatar (though presumably that last bit was so you could provoke a ban so you could protest your "freedom of speech" was violated).

Cue: DH to ask a series of rhetorical questions relating to how I could possibly interpret it as racist.

Hint: I will not respond to them. The quotes speak for themselves, if not racist they are at least extremely obnoxious. People can draw their own conclusions about your statements.

fuck you
     Reply #52 - October 22, 2011, 07:14 AM

Quote from: Colonel Q-Daffi
    This is what I mean. Using existing laws and regulations to have the state effect discriminatory policy.

I would call it legalistic spoiling tactics to obstruct an undesirable development which has a long tradition the UK - for instance to delay environmentally damaging building projects. Or do you think mosques are a desirable development and the native British people should just sit back and do nothing while the basic physical infrastructure of an Islamic state which would deprive them of their basic human rights is assembled around them? Perhaps you think the growth of Islam - and hence "IslamISM" - in the west is something to be viewed with indifference. Do you?

No, my primary concern is protecting rights and liberties in general, both from encroachment by Muslims

But the only way that can be effectively achieved is to resist the growth and spread of Islam PER SE.

I believe freedom of movement is a fundamental right and that borders are repressive.

So you believe that unlimited numbers of Muslims in the Sudan, Somalia and elsewhere who seek to escape the dire situation that Islam has created in their own countries should be free to settle in the UK, USA etc to start the whole sorry cycle all over again. You must be mad!

Uh-huh. Where have I said that? If Jews wish to legally purchase land or settle on unclaimed land and they don't try to annex this land to Israel, then I have no problem with it.

So you will retrospectively join me in condemning those Muslims who in the pre and post WWII era sought to prevent Jews from Europe and elsewhere from entering "Palestine"?

There's also your plainly racist imitation of AAVE which I can't be bothered to find at the moment and you trolling with a swastika avatar (though presumably that last bit was so you could provoke a ban so you could protest your "freedom of speech" was violated).

Wrong. The intention of that avatar - a NON-Nazi one - was to draw a response in order to kick off a discussion on hate symbolism particularly with respect to various forms of Islamic dress.

Cue: DH to ask a series of rhetorical questions relating to how I could possibly interpret it as racist.

Well you'll interpret ANYTHING as "racist" as your unfounded accusations of such against me long before I ever used the word "native" or posted a picture of a non-Nazi swastika testify.

Reply #53 - October 22, 2011, 07:18 AM

@ DH

Do you class people who are half-english as being "native Britons" ?

As a general rule yes.

Reply #54 - October 22, 2011, 11:38 AM

Any democratic method used to stop the Islamification of England is justified and legitimate.

Arthur.
     Reply #55 - October 24, 2011, 05:06 AM

As a general rule yes.

Of course the english are not quite as "native" as the welsh who appear to be largely descended from the pre-celtic ancient britons - the people who built stone henge.

Reply #56 - October 26, 2011, 11:33 AM

Most British people want closed borders and the ability to say who comes here and who doesn't.

Arthur.
     Reply #57 - October 26, 2011, 11:40 AM

Of course the english are not quite as "native" as the welsh who appear to be largely descended from the pre-celtic ancient britons

That's my Dad's lot, and not a ginger among them. All tall, skinny and black-haired. One might almost say pale, green-eyed Arabs.
     Reply #58 - October 27, 2011, 01:34 PM

I believe a  North African genetic component has been identified particularly among the North Wales population.

Reply #59 - October 27, 2011, 01:40 PM

So if I'm not an Arab (my lot are from West Wales), who am I?
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »