Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Troubled and very confused

(Read 6773 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Troubled and very confused
     OP - August 08, 2011, 08:58 AM

Hello all! Firstly I would like to introduce myself and of course tell you all the reason of joining this group, you may call me Elvis after the great Elvis Presley King of rock n roll. My reasons for joining this group are as follows...

I have recently just had a encounterment with a discussion of Islam which I am a part of by birth. Till the end of that discussion I have always been a firm believer of islam, no doubts in my mind of the religion and always prepared to defend it, this recent encounterment was a discussion of islam and I was as usual prepared to defend islam till the hilt!....but to my shock..a certian part of the discussion crushed my will to defend islam any longer to that certian time when this certian person mentioned the parts of islam I have always been lead to believe were extremist beliefs and incorrect...I am inlove very, very deeply with a certian girl who happens to be Christian and I literally would give the world to her and would do anything for her, I do not lie about this...due to this discussion this person made me realise to his information from hadiths that islam, Allah would throw her into hell fire and if I went to heavan I would be sitting high and mighty like a King making fun of her and watching her burn and taunt her. This literally broke me along with many similier arguements...but nothing more than this the fact that the girl I love so much, who is so pure, adorable and simply my everything shall be plunged into every lasting torment just for she is a christian and etc...I have no idea whatsoever to handling this...I recently had a clash with realising I was bisexual...which caused me some grief to be honest as of course Islam does not accept this whatsoever..but this recent moment I faced with certian realities I never realised has broken me and my mind..I have no clue or idea as to how to handle this and to proceed from this..I am hoping that this group can assist me in how I am feeling and possibly give me advice and the necessaries...I thank you all for your time.
  • Re: Troubled and very confused
     Reply #1 - August 08, 2011, 09:07 AM

Hi Elvis, and welcome to the forum! Let's start with the customary parrot  parrot. Good to read that you're in love, and sorry to read that your faith is bothering you with this. Without more information is is difficult to give you advice now, there are many ways to deal with the problem but I am sure it can be solved. Maybe you can start a topic in the advice section.

Religion is organized superstition
     Reply #2 - August 08, 2011, 09:14 AM

The only advice you need is leave Islam.  It really is that simple, when a belief you hold no longer aligns with a moral view and the moral view outweighs the belief then it is time to discard that belief.

For me it was finding out that Islam allows rape of female captives in a war that banged the final nail into Islam's coffin since I could not align that with my own moral world view.  For you it is the punishment your loved one will face.  But the decision shouldn't need to be hard.  At that point I knew I did not accept it anymore and it wasn't hard anymore.

Either way just being here will help since this forum is packed to the hilt with ex muslims and our fans and a few haters so there will always be someone to talk to and answer questions.

Welcome Elvis, I feel like making some joke regarding not stepping on my blue suede shoes, but I have no jokes this morning.

Have a turnip instead turnipovich

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #3 - August 08, 2011, 09:15 AM

Welcome to CEMB, 50slover! Have a parrot

As I always say, I must warn you, you'll almost certainly end up losing your faith and start realizing the BS that Islam (or any other religion for that matters) is.

Yes, hell is the one of the most repulsive and sick concepts man has ever come up with. And it's in it's extreme in Islam. If you ask muslim, all you'll get is, Allah knows best, Allah is the creator, so he can do whatever he wants etc. They don't bother to even think what a sick bunch of crap this is.

Does your GF ask you to convert to christianity? According to the bible, you'll burn in hell too, correct? I recommend you to stop believing in all this nonsense. You know it's a load of utter bollocks. Christians say muslims go to hell, Muslims say christians go to hell, jews say both will end up in hell. Sigh.

And if possible, have such stimulating convos with your GF and hopefully that'd make her lose her faith yes
     Reply #4 - August 08, 2011, 09:56 AM

jews say both will end up in hell.

Jews don't believe in Hell.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #5 - August 08, 2011, 12:40 PM

Hey Elvis, nice name  Afro

I think Berbs’ advice to you sounds pretty sound to me. Your mind will become clearer, and less filled with conflict, as soon as you shed more and more of the remnants of Islam that reside in there. By the looks of it, you already know that your girlfriend will not burn in hell. No just God would ever allow that to happen, simply because she does not follow Mohammed’s God, and has chosen instead to remain loyal to the God that tens of generations of her ancestors have followed instead. Besides, what kind of all-knowing, all-merciful God would ever even let the thought enter his little head that a girl, as pure and as adorable as your girlfriend, should burn in hell for even a second, let alone for an eternity?

The same applies to your bi-sexual feelings Elvis. Embrace them. Accept them. There is nothing wrong or unnatural with the way you feel. Let go of your religion completely, and you will soon find that any guilt you may have about your feelings will disappear also.

Anyways Elvis, stick around. There are some very helpful and knowledgeable people on here and you can discuss any of your doubts and share your thoughts with them Smiley

Hi
     Reply #6 - August 08, 2011, 05:59 PM

Like fuck I'm calling you Elvis. I'm calling you Toaster, since I know the real name of my last Toaster now and I can't bring myself to call him Toaster any more. Cry

By the way, I'm pansexual, so I know how crap it is trying to reconcile one's non-heterosexuality and one's Muslimness.

Oh, and hi. You use a lot of ellipses. :3
     Reply #7 - August 08, 2011, 06:05 PM

@Sunbull Rocket: Uhm ok? o.o and yes I realise I do use ellipses I tend to write how I speak ESPECIALLY when I am in moments of not comman depression as I very rarly get upset thankfully, however this was the most serious issue I ever had to deal with in my life so forgive my typing.
     Reply #8 - August 08, 2011, 06:08 PM

parrot

Welcome Elvis. Enjoy and be careful while you're here. I read your intro but I'm finding it pretty difficult myself to form proper discussion. So forgive me for this horrible welcoming post.

turnipovich
     Reply #9 - August 08, 2011, 06:09 PM

@Sunbull Rocket: Uhm ok? o.o and yes I realise I do use ellipses I tend to write how I speak ESPECIALLY when I am in moments of not comman depression as I very rarly get upset thankfully, however this was the most serious issue I ever had to deal with in my life so forgive my typing.

I wasn't saying as a bad thing. It was just a random observation. I do that a lot. Tongue
     Reply #10 - August 09, 2011, 12:40 AM

welcome elvis!!

just to make things more fun, according to islam's gender "equality" you can marry a christian woman but a muslim woman cannot marry a christian dude. Oh the equality !!

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #11 - August 09, 2011, 01:00 AM

I feel exactly the same way. Though I'm not in the situation you are I do have doubts and they haven't gone away and with each day gone more and more worst. The bit about Eternal Hell is what makes me just think this is all wrong. I hope you find peace for what your looking for.
     Reply #12 - August 09, 2011, 01:04 AM

Allah would throw her into hell fire and if I went to heavan I would be sitting high and mighty like a King making fun of her and watching her burn and taunt her. This literally broke me along with many similier arguements..

I hope people take note of this and remember it for the next time they want to bombard an intro thread with the most mundane of arguments from the most obscure of hadith. Although to be fair, I haven't noticed that in a while now. Seems those members have disappeared off to facebook's equivalent of FFI.
     Reply #13 - August 09, 2011, 02:40 AM

Hi Elvis, welcome to the forums. Heres a hunka hunka bur... no that's not right, just have a rabbit.  bunny

I'm glad your sense of empathy has caused you to confront one of the most powerful arguments against Islam, but I feel for your pain in having your worldvie challenged so starkly. No one can tell you that this struggle will be easy, but it seems you have the good heart to undertake it. I wish you the best of luck.

Also, do enjoy the forums, and feel free to step into any and all discussions that you deem worthwhile!

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #14 - August 09, 2011, 05:21 AM

hey elvis! Welcome!

1.  Leave Islam

2.  Leave Islam

3.  Have a happy welcome jinn ghost

4.  Leave Islam

Cheesy

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #15 - August 09, 2011, 02:02 PM

The only advice you need is leave Islam.  It really is that simple, when a belief you hold no longer aligns with a moral view and the moral view outweighs the belief then it is time to discard that belief.

For me it was finding out that Islam allows rape of female captives in a war that banged the final nail into Islam's coffin since I could not align that with my own moral world view.  For you it is the punishment your loved one will face.  But the decision shouldn't need to be hard.  At that point I knew I did not accept it anymore and it wasn't hard anymore.

Either way just being here will help since this forum is packed to the hilt with ex muslims and our fans and a few haters so there will always be someone to talk to and answer questions.

Welcome Elvis, I feel like making some joke regarding not stepping on my blue suede shoes, but I have no jokes this morning.

Have a turnip instead turnipovich

+1

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #16 - August 09, 2011, 02:08 PM

Hey Elvis, nice name  Afro

I think Berbs’ advice to you sounds pretty sound to me. Your mind will become clearer, and less filled with conflict, as soon as you shed more and more of the remnants of Islam that reside in there. By the looks of it, you already know that. our girlfriend will not burn in hell. No just God would ever allow that to happen, simply because she does not follow Mohammed’s God, and has chosen instead to remain loyal to the God that tens of generations of her ancestors have followed instead. Besides, what kind of all-knowing, all-merciful God would ever even let the thought enter his little head that a girl, as pure and as adorable as your girlfriend, should burn in hell for even a second, let alone for an eternity?

The same applies to your bi-sexual feelings Elvis. Embrace them. Accept them. There is nothing wrong or unnatural with the way you feel. Let go of your religion completely, and you will soon find that any guilt you may have about your feelings will disappear also.

Anyways Elvis, stick around. There are some very helpful and knowledgeable people on here and you can discuss any of your doubts and share your thoughts with them
    Smiley

+1, Welcome to the forum 50slover.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #17 - August 10, 2011, 12:45 AM

welcome. Smiley

im sure even if you dont leave islam you will have some fun convos here

I wish parents everywhere could remove their veil of religion and see their kids for whom they actually are.
     Reply #18 - August 10, 2011, 01:52 AM

Yo

Have you heard the good news? There is no God!
     Reply #19 - August 10, 2011, 04:15 AM

Dear Elvis,

I empathize with your situation. My love for someone was obstructed by Islam as well. I will give you one piece of advice. Morally analyze your situation without aid from anyone or any text. If you can find a solution that you find morally correct then submission to Allah is merely metaphysical baggage. It will be difficult but don't worry, the truth will manifest.

-Karim
     Reply #20 - August 12, 2011, 12:23 PM

Hello everyone! I first of all like to begin by saying thank you to all the people who have commented on here and given me there well worth reading advice, it has helped alot and certianly to the fact that there are people who have felt like I am and are there to assist people like me who suffer from these issue's I have stated. I am feeling much better now as I have taken much time to see my problem and attempt to solve it. I currently have no stance on whether I shall leave islam, stay or whatever as I still am very confused on this matter as I have been born to never leave it by parts of my family and definitely my culture, however I will say thanks to all of you I have managed to keep from being depressed and acting very stangely to other people! Smiley  personally I still have no idea how to move on from this, sum things and deal with what will happen in the future. I do know however that there are people to assist and with them(I.E you lot) I think I shall very much sort this.

Thank you, thank you all very much! Smiley
     Reply #21 - August 12, 2011, 01:58 PM

First over welcome Smiley  parrot for you.

I has a question 50. Usually in cases like this the woman is encouraged to join Islam with her Muslim partner. That way she doesn't have to suffer in the 'Hell fire' . Not like I'd want you to do that, but I'm pretty sure you have been encouraged to do that. So why not? I'm curious with your thoughts on how you both believe in different things and how you overcome that as it stands now.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »