Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Your favorite reasons that the Quran is/isn't the word of God

(Read 11014 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Your favorite reasons that the Quran is/isn't the word of God
     OP - August 07, 2011, 06:04 PM

Well I don't have any definitive evidence that the Quran is/isn't the word of god, but I've had quite a few reasons why it probably isn't.

One of my favorites is its claim to be a final guide for all of mankind, while the social/economic system it promotes through separation of role and inequality of women under the law is maladapted to a functional modern society, not even taking into account how society may progress in the future. This to me is a very strong indication that god wasn't involved in this document, as the writer was clearly lacking in foresight.

Post your own best reasons here!

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Re: Your favorite reasons that the Quran is/isn't the word of God
     Reply #1 - August 07, 2011, 06:20 PM

1.  Suddenly everything haram becomes halal in jannah.

2.  The chapter of Mirum and Isa is so pathetic, its laughable.

3.  Biblical plagerism on an epic scale, changed around a bit
    to fit the culture of the day.

4.  Why there is never any mention of the GOOD jinn who
    converted to Islam, and yet there is talk about them in the
    quran.  And WHY are there even jinn in the quran?  Weren't
    they previously worshipped as gods by the pagans?

And on the same note, sometimes shaytan is a jinn, and sometimes
    he is an angel, and then when asking about that, the convo gets
    squashed cuz the quran contradicts that.

5.  As spiritual beings, folks are still having human sex, and human
    driven lusts.  As a spiritual being, who would care for that?  There is
    no sense of rising above human satisfaction in Jannah.  Like being in
    the presence of allah and spending eternity worshipping him.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #2 - August 07, 2011, 06:53 PM

1.  Suddenly everything haram becomes halal in jannah.

Yeh...  I always wondered about that... also what does women get in Jannah, very little mentioned... or do they also get virgin men?? that would be a disaster ... virgin men would be useless and come too early  Cheesy

Teach us to care and not to care / Teach us to sit still.
    What do we live for; if it is not to make life less difficult to each other
    You are the music while the music lasts.
    T.S.Eliot
     Reply #3 - August 07, 2011, 06:53 PM

Verses on Hell.
     Reply #4 - August 07, 2011, 07:31 PM

it's as boring as fuck
     Reply #5 - August 07, 2011, 07:38 PM

Yeh...  I always wondered about that... also what does women get in Jannah, very little mentioned... or do they also get virgin men?? that would be a disaster ... virgin men would be useless and come too early  Cheesy

they get to be more beautiful than the houris, and have their virginity restored
    every day.  what fun!  Also, lots of green brocade silk, and jewels, and couches,
    and ya get to look at everyone in a circle all day/night long.  Have pearly
    prepubescent boys serving you.  Doesnt that sound exciting!  And whats the point
    of having endless streams of wine if you never get a buzz?

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #6 - August 07, 2011, 10:07 PM

it's as boring as fuck

I love the idea of this as proof of its manmade origins! Which, by contrast, would make Shakespeare or Dante divine Cheesy.

My favourite reason: all the clearly human touches which translators hedge around by adding in parenthetical words like ‘(say)…’ (e.g. 6:114).
     Reply #7 - August 08, 2011, 03:09 AM

jews believe Ezra is tge son of god, geocentric universe, Noah's flood, Solomon's kingdom of which there is no archeological evidence etc. etc.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #8 - August 08, 2011, 11:06 AM

Also the health / food/medical advise given by the prophet I tried to implement every recommendation and nothing was working, in fact it harmed me more.  The food the prophet recommended really is horrible for me and causes me issue, beside there was a lot of contradictions  in it, one moment he loves sweet things, watermelon, honey, milk and dates, the other hadiths says his favourite food is meat, then another hadith recommending broth (fatah) so experimenting with all these has not yield any good results  for me!!

Also the blessed seed is supposed to cure everything… why has medical research not found much about that?? I found a few links for research funded by Saudi, but really if it was so good, other pharmaceutical companies would have jumped at making tablets out of the stuff.

Teach us to care and not to care / Teach us to sit still.
    What do we live for; if it is not to make life less difficult to each other
    You are the music while the music lasts.
    T.S.Eliot
     Reply #9 - August 08, 2011, 01:39 PM

Because it's a book.

Written by some guys.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #10 - August 08, 2011, 02:43 PM

All the bellicose, spiteful stuff and because it is difficult and boring to read.
     Reply #11 - August 08, 2011, 02:50 PM

Same reasons I dismiss the bible, pretty much. These may overlap somewhat, but I wanted a detailed summary (for the record) of why I reject it.

1. The God it portrays comes off as egotistical, insecure, unjust, and unbelievably cruel. Quite possibly more cruel than Albert Fish, Hitler, or Stalin. The "punishment" and "reward" he issues he issues to people whose acts and destiny he himself wrote. Justice? Unsurprisingly this God also reflects many of the prejudices of the people he was 'revealed' to. Who would've thought 6th century Arabs and omnipotent creator of the universe would agree on so much...That's not suspicious at all! This God has greasy human fingerprints all over him.

2. The God it portrays is far too provincial, local, and small. Allegedly he created billions of galaxies, yet the language and analogies (eg, "a stray camel") he uses in his message are based on things and animals specific to a small geographic area and time period.
    It's comical to imagine doing dawah to an Eskimo, telling him about the 5 daily prayers during a polar night, telling him that he needs to enter his "bathroom" with his left foot, and tempting him with all the tasty Arabian fruits awaiting in jannah.

3. It does not seem befitting for an omnipotent super-mind to have a bizarre obsession with trivial and mundane human affairs (eg, how exactly we go to the bathroom, what we wear, how we style our facial hair, etc).

4. The method of revelation. There are far less suspicious and more efficient methods of communication a God could employ than revelations to a single man in a cave, or a book. Me and WhoMan had a conversation about this in another thread.

5. There are no original groundbreaking insights into nature you would expect a God to share. Where are the useful, detailed, applicable insights into biology, anatomy, physics, engineering? The verses presented by apologists as indicative of supernatural knowledge are vague, obscure, and usually require a heavy researcher bias to be interpreted in a way that coincides with modern scientific knowledge. Just think what benefit a detailed insight into the nature of electricity and chemistry could do to Ancient Arabs and people worldwide. Maybe they'd be giving da'wah to extraterrestrials by now.

Moreover, many of the claims made by holy texts are plainly wrong as far as we know.
    Formation of the universe, origin of humans and other animals, etc

Have you heard the good news? There is no God!
     Reply #12 - August 08, 2011, 03:06 PM

there's no evidence or testimonies that Mohammed had a spiritual/theological connection to a deity.

Not a single one of mohammed companions made a claim to seeing mohammeds communicating with an angel or a deity or anybody speaking on behalf of a deity. Such claims today which deal with human illusions of seeing angels/demons/deities are diagnosed as schizophrenia.
     Reply #13 - August 08, 2011, 03:19 PM

I want to know WHO -->WROTE<-- the quran.  I mean, actually
    penned it, or carved it into bones, and I heard something that
    one of the peices was missing when they put it together.  WHO
    put it together to begin with?

Helen Keller
     Reply #14 - August 08, 2011, 03:27 PM

WHEN was the qu'ran actually written down? It is known that the four evangelists of the Christian New Testament could not have known Jesus personally, and not even his sons if he had any.

Religion is organized superstition
     Reply #15 - August 08, 2011, 08:37 PM

5. There are no original groundbreaking insights into nature you would expect a God to share. Where are the useful, detailed, applicable insights into biology, anatomy, physics, engineering? The verses presented by apologists as indicative of supernatural knowledge are vague, obscure, and usually require a heavy researcher bias to be interpreted in a way that coincides with modern scientific knowledge. Just think what benefit a detailed insight into the nature of electricity and chemistry could do to Ancient Arabs and people worldwide. Maybe they'd be giving da'wah to extraterrestrials by now.

Wonderful! Afro
     Reply #16 - August 09, 2011, 12:08 AM

I want to know WHO -->WROTE<-- the quran.  I mean, actually
    penned it, or carved it into bones, and I heard something that
    one of the peices was missing when they put it together.  WHO
    put it together to begin with?

WHEN was the qu'ran actually written down? It is known that the four evangelists of the Christian New Testament could not have known Jesus personally, and not even his sons if he had any.

It was compiled as a single book during the caliphate of Uthman some 20 odds years after the death of Muhammad. Obviously this can bring about suspicions that the text could have been altered in the intervening period, but the standard response from Islamic apologists is that the Arabs of the time had an incredible memory, so there's no way that the few Hafiz remaining at the time could have made any mistakes. To me this sounds unlikely, but largely irrelevant as my contention with the Quran doesn't relate to its purity but rather to its content.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #17 - August 09, 2011, 12:48 AM

The Qu'ran is the truth because it says so in the Qu'ran. What more proof do you need?

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #18 - August 09, 2011, 12:54 AM

It was compiled as a single book during the caliphate of Uthman some 20 odds years after the death of Muhammad. Obviously this can bring about suspicions that the text could have been altered in the intervening period, but the standard response from Islamic apologists is that the Arabs of the time had an incredible memory, so there's no way that the few Hafiz remaining at the time could have made any mistakes. To me this sounds unlikely, but largely irrelevant as my contention with the Quran doesn't relate to its purity but rather to its content.

wacko

Helen Keller
     Reply #19 - August 09, 2011, 12:56 AM

Verses on Hell.

This. Reasons why never thought much of Christianity never knew Islam was worst in that sense. Really shocking to me at the time.
     Reply #20 - August 09, 2011, 12:59 AM

Your favorite reasons that the Quran is/isn't the word of God

what kind of question is that dear asbdsp  finmad finmad finmad and why are you putting that word "isn't"  there??   You all Ex-Muslims and infidels are hell bound where you will be roasted with hot pepper and spicy sauce..

And let me give you the link of my friend who will educate you,  why Islam is so good and what it teaches.   You Specailly Ex-Muslim men,  DO NOT FORGET PUT LIPSTICK on your Lips.. Pink is better.. My friend likes that pink lipstick., on men it looks more Islamic

And my favorite chapter from Quran is AT-TAHRIM Those verses in that chapter-66 clearly proves to me that this book is indeed word of allahgod..

Off course verses like these from various chapters of Quran
    Ta Seen Meem.[Al Quran ; 28:1]

Ta Seen, [Al Quran ; 27:1]

Ta Seen Meem [Al Quran ; 26:1]

Ta Ha. [Al Quran ; 20:1]

Kaf Ha Ya Ein Sad. [Al Quran ; 19:1]

Alif Lam Ra. [Al Quran ; 15:1]

Alif Lam Ra. [Al Quran ; 14:1]

Alif, Lam, Mim, Ra. [Al Quran ; 13:1]

Alif Lam Ra.[Al Quran ; 12:1]

Alif Lam Ra.[Al Quran ; 11:1]

Alif Lam Ra.[Al Quran ; 10:1]

Alif Lam Meem Sad.[Al Quran ; 7:1]

Alif Lam Meem.[Al Quran ; 3:1]

Alif Lam Meem.[Al Quran ; 2:1]

also clearly proves it is word of allahgod.  Indeed such words are  the signs of  Book of wisdom from allahalmighty

On the way   let me also write some Quran here., It is just allah told me to scribble something in this thread..

Ohyee!.. False believers of Allah
        Allah knows.. what is in your heart"
        Allah knows..
        "when a false believer is hurt,
        then you start believing Allah"
        And you say we are with you. "We are with Allah"

Allah know., You Liars
        "when help from your Lord comes, they will surely say:
        "Indeed, we were with you"
        but After time passes .
        ..you transgress Allah commands.. and.. you forget Allah
        .. You  Lairs.. Cheaters and Rascals "..

a Seen Meem
        Kaf Ha Ya Ein Sad.
        Alif Lam Ra ..
        .Doom ....Dam... DoooomM  .KhaboomM....
        Meem... dum..dum
        ..Ta Ha....
     Alif Lam Mim
     Faa' Qaaf.

Incidentally that last verse   "Faa' Qaaf" was  revealed by allah to our angry friend Hassan dear asbdsp

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #21 - August 09, 2011, 01:56 AM

Incidentally that last verse   "Faa' Qaaf" was  revealed by allah to our angry friend Hassan dear asbdsp

Cheesy

There are some real gems amongst your posts yeezevee, it's a real pity that some find your writing style undreable.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #22 - August 09, 2011, 04:19 AM

Verses of hell
    Scientific contradictions
    Heavily plagiarized from bible and greeks
    Vagueness
     Reply #23 - August 09, 2011, 04:24 AM

Take all of the limitations that a bronze age man would have.
    Take all the limitations and basis for the Qurans existence.
    Take all the limitations and basis for any 'holy books' existence.
    = same.
     Reply #24 - August 09, 2011, 04:39 AM

what kind of question is that dear asbdsp  finmad finmad finmad and why are you putting that word "isn't"  there??   You all Ex-Muslims and infidels are hell bound where you will be roasted with hot pepper and spicy sauce..

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

And let me give you the link of my friend who will educate you,  why Islam is so good and what it teaches.   You Specailly Ex-Muslim men,  DO NOT FORGET PUT LIPSTICK on your Lips.. Pink is better.. My friend likes that pink lipstick., on men it looks more Islamic

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Helen Keller
     Reply #25 - August 09, 2011, 05:01 AM

The overwhelming amount of inconsistencies and back-tracking in the Qur'an. God can do literally anything in the universe but he couldn't be assed to do a little editing to prevent a significant amount of confusion spanning over millenia? Oh, okay.

The idea of heaven. I want to knock my head against a wall every time I'm confronted with the idea of the houri.

"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."
    Muhammad Ali
     Reply #26 - August 09, 2011, 07:59 AM

it's as boring as fuck

this
     Reply #27 - August 09, 2011, 09:53 AM

1-there's a personal spat between mo and his uncle in the book for all man kind
    2-for a book that's for all mind kind it's so hard to understand that you have to take a persons word on it
    3-somehow according to the book god is a vain vile child

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #28 - August 09, 2011, 02:38 PM

+1. This is where i told myself “thats it im done believing in Qur'an". Also i heard Ali has his own copy of Qur'an which was rejected.

Plus i heard that Qur'an was written in various dialect. Why did they reject the other versions and accept the Quraish dialect?. What's was the difference?

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #29 - August 09, 2011, 05:44 PM

Here's my favourite reason: God's don't write books, people do.

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. -
    Albert Einstein

"I love life, but there's so much shit to deal with" - Thom Yorke
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »