Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Your favorite reasons that the Quran is/isn't the word of God

(Read 11034 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Your favorite reasons that the Quran is/isn't the word of God
     Reply #60 - August 08, 2013, 12:16 PM

Why god revealed his message only in arabic ?

This. Also the fact that we must learn an ancient form of a language which already has a reputation for being very difficult to learn in order to understand it, as well as the multitudes of scientific and factual errors throughout the whole thing.
     Reply #61 - August 08, 2013, 12:44 PM

It's quite apparent from the many many scholars imans sheiks and whatever else these days that allah doesn't speak English.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #62 - August 08, 2013, 03:32 PM

The quran.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #63 - August 08, 2013, 03:46 PM

Abrogation.  For someone who was supposed to know everything, it seems stupid that there are 'omg I am changing my mind' moments.

Also every verse the denigrates women and places us below men.  If there was a god, if they did indeed create us, the created us equal.  Time has shown again and again that women are far more capable than any religious text ever gave them credit for, so no way are you telling me that god didn't know this.

Plus of course, irregardless of any religious explanation, a book created from people's memories is open to numerous mistakes.  No matter what scholar tries to claim that all the remaining quran reciters had excellent memories, well, I just don't believe it. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #64 - August 08, 2013, 06:26 PM

I thought I summed it up quite well. My fav reasons the quran isn't real? The quran. I read the quran. I know what's in there. The best proof the quran isn't the word of god IS the quran.

Reply #65 - August 08, 2013, 07:12 PM

It is because you don't know Qur'anic Arabic! You need to consult an established religious authority!

And the parrot knows best.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #66 - August 08, 2013, 07:26 PM

The perfect word of god doesn't make perfect sense if it's translated into another human language god created? Ahh, that's right, he doesn't speak English. As I stated in my above post. Silly me, I forgot god is a moron according to islam.

Reply #67 - August 08, 2013, 11:22 PM

Plus of course, irregardless of any religious explanation, a book created from people's memories is open to numerous mistakes.  No matter what scholar tries to claim that all the remaining quran reciters had excellent memories, well, I just don't believe it.  

That's not even a word. Are you sure you didn't write the Qur'an?  Cheesy

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #68 - August 08, 2013, 11:25 PM

- It's boring.
    - You need to learn not just arabic but ancient arabic in order to understand it and still.
    - You can't really live by it.
    - Too much violence and mentions hell a lot.
    - According to it Mohamed is perfect and a woman is half a man.
    - If it's really the word of Allah,he's an asshole.
    - I don't like it,The Harry Potter saga is much more entertaining.
    - It's a fucking book,why would Allah,all powerful choose such a way to reveal his ultimate and last message.
    - It was written years after Mo's death(if he existed),I don't believe that it wasn't even slightly corrupted.
     Reply #69 - August 09, 2013, 08:39 AM

It is a word, and you either sit in the camp that accept it, or you sit in the camp that doesn't.  It is in my dictionary (just checked) and I've never had it marked down in a uni essay.

I didn't even realise there was controversy surrounding its use until your comment. 

Then I guess, language is not static, it may not have been a word, but it is a commonly used word now. 

So no, I didn't write the quran, if I had of written the quran.....you'd still be a muslim mate.  Wink

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Re: Your favorite reasons that the Quran is/isn't the word of God
     Reply #70 - August 09, 2013, 09:48 AM

Wrong! It's a meaningless and poorly constructed word, but a word nevertheless.
     Reply #71 - August 09, 2013, 10:30 AM

The perfect word of god doesn't make perfect sense if it's translated into another human language god created? Ahh, that's right, he doesn't speak English. As I stated in my above post. Silly me, I forgot god is a moron according to islam.

The idea that an all-knowing, all-perfect God could only understand a single Human language is laughable in itself.
     Reply #72 - August 09, 2013, 10:51 AM

Lots of people have written some great stuff here. For me the Quran is obviously written by men because it was brought to people through military conquest which would be the worst possible way for a God to spread his message.

Also the role of women in the Quran is so obviously from a simple minded male perspective. The men who wrote the Quran imagined the women of heaven according to their own tastes, ie as sexual objects. Nowhere in the Quran are the women of heaven admired for their intelligence or their character for example.
     Reply #73 - August 12, 2013, 05:41 AM

It is a word, and you either sit in the camp that accept it, or you sit in the camp that doesn't.  It is in my dictionary (just checked) and I've never had it marked down in a uni essay.

I didn't even realise there was controversy surrounding its use until your comment.  

Then I guess, language is not static, it may not have been a word, but it is a commonly used word now.  

So no, I didn't write the quran, if I had of written the quran.....you'd still be a muslim mate.  Wink

My bad. It's just a really shit word.  whistling2

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »