Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Your favorite reasons that the Quran is/isn't the word of God

(Read 11008 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Your favorite reasons that the Quran is/isn't the word of God
     Reply #30 - August 09, 2011, 05:54 PM

^^ god even tramples on jk rowling with book sales  dance
     Reply #31 - August 09, 2011, 06:05 PM

^Are you implying that J.K. Rowling is not God?!
     Reply #32 - August 09, 2011, 06:26 PM

^ for creating a fictional world in a book, i'd say she is a God

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #33 - August 09, 2011, 06:30 PM

But how do you know we're not in a fictional world in a book too
    Yaaaaaay. dance
     Reply #34 - August 09, 2011, 06:42 PM

^Are you implying that J.K. Rowling is not God?!

What?? what are you talking dear SunbulRocket??  I though J.K. Rowling  is "SHE"

Did you ever see/read that God is called as "SHE"?? no.. God is alway " HE" .,

So J.K. Rowling  can not be a god unless she get operated along with some hormonal thearpy..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #35 - August 09, 2011, 06:43 PM

Because it's a book.

Exactly. I always thought it strange that god would choose such a base form of communication for his eternal message to mankind.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #36 - August 09, 2011, 06:48 PM

What?? what are you talking dear SunbulRocket??  I though J.K. Rowling  is "SHE"
    (Clicky for piccy!)

Did you ever see/read that God is called as "SHE"?? no.. God is alway " HE" .,

So J.K. Rowling  can not be a god unless she get operated along with some hormonal thearpy..

I'm of the belief that 'God' is a gender neutral term. So there. Tongue
     Reply #37 - August 09, 2011, 06:50 PM

The Quran values submission to God (aka the commands of Mohammed)  above moral character. This is what made me believe the Quran was man-made.
     Reply #38 - August 09, 2011, 08:50 PM

I'm of the belief that 'God' is a gender neutral term. So there. Tongue

which would still disqualify JK Rowling.

I wish parents everywhere could remove their veil of religion and see their kids for whom they actually are.
     Reply #39 - August 09, 2011, 08:52 PM

^Wait, can't gender neutral terms be applied to any gender, or have I just fucked up again?
     Reply #40 - August 10, 2011, 02:39 AM

You're implying that god is neuter, aka "it" instead of he or she.

Unless you know something about J.K. Rowling that we don't...

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #41 - August 10, 2011, 03:06 AM

You're implying that god is neuter, aka "it" instead of he or she.

Unless you know something about J.K. Rowling that we don't...

Huh! neuter?    neuter ?? .,  really asbdsp? did you  neuter god yourself?? or did you take the god to vet??  Damn that must be painful to god..

Damn dog.. humping all dogs in the street.. neuter  the damn thing ..  
    well dear asbdsp.,  If I was Zaid,  either i would have  neuter bull dog or I would have got killed by fighting the dogs of the bull dog.

whatever.,  I would have never allowed zainab to marry the bull dog.,

Stupid Zaid.. didn't know what to do in life after Zainab left him., Thank to Allah.   He got killed for the sake of Prophet in one of those wars.

Yes.,  Quran is the word of Allah and that is the reason Zaid has to go away from his wife Zainab..

Reply #42 - August 10, 2011, 06:44 AM

That its Arabic isn't really all that impressive.

That it actually tells me what time of day in Ramadan I'm allowed to have sex. That made me chuckle. Thanks for that very practical advice, God.

That (in Arabic) there's no punctuation, paragraphing, coherent ordering, etc... Heck, the earliest Qurans lacked diacritics (which even today scholars differ on in Quranic texts), and even dots on the letters. Good job, God.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #43 - August 10, 2011, 09:52 AM

That its Arabic isn't really all that impressive.

That it actually tells me what time of day in Ramadan I'm allowed to have sex. That made me chuckle. Thanks for that very practical advice, God.

I would like to have the reference and link on that dear harakaat Harami
    That (in Arabic) there's no punctuation, paragraphing, coherent ordering, etc... Heck, the earliest Qurans lacked diacritics (which even today scholars differ on in Quranic texts), and even dots on the letters. Good job, God.

in other words what you are saying is., It is a book bull shitting filled with nonsense and silly stories that were there around  Arabian desert..

Reply #44 - August 10, 2011, 10:43 AM

That's a nice way of putting it, yeah Tongue

And here: http://quran.com/2/187

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #45 - August 10, 2011, 02:58 PM

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaa..

harakaat  Harami picks up that verse from "COW"  the surah  Surat Al-Baqarah- سورة البقرة  to show the gist of Quran. Unfortunately for Islam and those who consider Quran is word of allahgod..   harakaat is right.. That verse 2.187 of  Surat Al-Baqarah   says..

It has been made permissible for you the night preceding fasting to go to your wives [for sexual relations]. They are clothing for you and you are clothing for them. Allah knows that you used to deceive yourselves, so He accepted your repentance and forgave you. So now, have relations with them and seek that which Allah has decreed for you. And eat and drink until the white thread of dawn becomes distinct to you from the black thread [of night]. Then complete the fast until the sunset. And do not have relations with them as long as you are staying for worship in the mosques. These are the limits [set by] Allah , so do not approach them. Thus does Allah make clear His ordinances to the people that they may become righteous.

well I tell you this., this Two minute video has lot more Advice & lesson for human life than all those 114 chapters of that allahbook..

Reply #46 - August 10, 2011, 02:59 PM

Huh! neuter?    neuter ?? .,  really asbdsp? did you  neuter god yourself?? or did you take the god to vet??  Damn that must be painful to god..

Damn dog.. humping all dogs in the street.. neuter  the damn thing ..  
    well dear asbdsp.,  If I was Zaid,  either i would have  neuter bull dog or I would have got killed by fighting the dogs of the bull dog.

Stupid Zaid.. didn't know what to do in life after Zainab left him., Thank to Allah.   He got killed for the sake of Prophet in one of those wars.

Yes.,  Quran is the word of Allah and that is the reason Zaid has to go away from his wife Zainab..

Cheesy
    omg i missed u so much yeezee

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #47 - August 10, 2011, 03:48 PM

yet more plagerism from judaism!! JFC!! They would use that
    thread to determine when the sabbath started. 

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #48 - August 11, 2011, 04:24 PM

Er, there is no reason to think the qur'an is the word of god... don't really need another reason why it isn't...
     Reply #49 - August 11, 2011, 04:55 PM

how can I believe billions of people in which atleast 80-90% are not harming others will go to Hell ..... how can I believe Hell or heaven when it is not shown .... how can I believe in such thing that "Allah doesnt guide wrongdoers to the right path" ... now imagine if I take admission in a web development class and teacher come and say I will only teach those who know how to develop a website... Tongue .... if real God is so sensitive about being worshipped...the best thing he can do is come up and tell the humanity and then test.....what is the point in testing without any proof and more worse he is all knowing , and he has decided what will happen at each moment of my life before i came into this world....so whats the point in testing........Quran is more man oriented rather than neutral ... like "Beat your wife" .... it can be woman oriented by writing "Let your husbands beat you" ..atleast woman can feel that allah is talking to them ...... speeches of moulvis make quran sounds more like a fantasy of sexmaniacs...... how can I expect my wife, sister , mother ,daughter to not take part in any activity , just take a veil and sit at home, if any "Namahram" come , hide yourself, even in bathroom ... Tongue .... I know a relative she started wearing hijaab , and a cousin of her went to her house , her husband was not at home , she hide herself below the bed....how freaky....

Disbelief doesn't justify getting tortured in eternal hell
     Reply #50 - June 15, 2012, 09:35 PM

Cheesy
    omg i missed u so much yeezee

I would like to have the reference and link on that dear harakaat Haramiin other words what you are saying is., It is a book bull shitting filled with nonsense and silly stories that were there around  Arabian desert..

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaa..

harakaat  Harami picks up that verse from "COW"  the surah  Surat Al-Baqarah- سورة البقرة  to show the gist of Quran. Unfortunately for Islam and those who consider Quran is word of allahgod..   harakaat is right.. That verse 2.187 of  Surat Al-Baqarah   says..

(Clicky for piccy!)
    well I tell you this., this Two minute video has lot more Advice & lesson for human life than all those 114 chapters of that allahbook..

And I miss  harakaat  Jesus Christ and i missing you also

neuter.. neuter...     neuter the God.,  no more vet visit to the Dog   Damn dog.,  that must be painful to God..

Damn dog.. humping all dogs in the street.. neuter  it...

indeed   If I was Zaid,  either i would have  neuter the bull dog or I would have got killed by fighting the dogs around  bull dog.

Stupid Zaid.. didn't know what to do in life after Zainab left him.  Thanks to Allah.   He got killed for the sake of Prophet in one of those wars.

yes  ..yes.. Behold! ..behold!

Behold! Thou didst say to one who had received the grace of Allah and thy favour: "Retain thou (in wedlock) thy wife, and fear Allah." But thou didst hide in thy heart that which Allah was about to make manifest: thou didst fear the people, but it is more fitting that thou shouldst fear Allah. Then when Zaid had dissolved (his marriage) with her, with the necessary (formality), We joined her in marriage to thee: in order that (in future) there may be no difficulty to the Believers in (the matter of) marriage with the wives of their adopted sons, when the latter have dissolved with the necessary (formality) (their marriage) with them. And Allah's command must be fulfilled.

(  سورة الأحزاب  , Al-Ahzab, Chapter33, Verse 37)

Allah said that........

Yes.,  Quran is the word of Allah and that is the reason Zaid has to go away from his wife Zainab  and get killed in war to support messenger of Allah..

Reply #51 - June 15, 2012, 10:24 PM

And I miss  harakaat  Jesus Christ and i missing you also

me too yeezevee..
     Reply #52 - June 18, 2012, 02:05 AM

Islam existed before Adam and Eve, and the Talmud and Bible are ALL wrong. and Muhammad came to correct the mistakes of those books and correctly asserted all the people in those stories including Jesus and Moses were Muslim and were misrepresented in the earlier books.  Cheesy

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #53 - June 23, 2012, 11:01 PM

It lacks context and chronology.

No evidence that the Koran we have today is verbatim the same that was dictated by Mohammad. There is a possibilty of later edition and interpolations. 

Orignal transcripts (materials where it was first written) of the Koran have gone missing. Wondering what happened to them?

No evidence that Mohammad was actaully a prophet....prophets are cult leaders, nothing more.

Allah is ar rehman and ar rahim only on his own terms,  otherwise he will roast you in hell.

Plenty of evidence that narratives in the Koran are borrowed from pre-islamic literature, for example Seven Sleepers of Ephesus, Abraham thrown in fire, Cain and Able, Moses and Mt. Sinai etc etc.

Korans acknowledgement of "previous scriptures" is enough to render it null and void because there was not previous scripture to begin with.  The Bible and Torah are works of fiction. 

Most of the characters mentioned in the Koran such as Moses, Abraham, Lot, Joseph etc are fictional characters. No evidence that they even existed. 

By its own admission, the Koran claims that neither Mohammad nor his alter ego "allah" were capable of miracles....refer to verses 17:90-95 & 10:20-21.

Koran as book is worthless. Rants of some illeterate or semi-literate nomad. There is nothing in there that we dont already know.

The Koran does not give any advice on health related issues, how to cure terminal illnesses, fitness, running of a sound economy, on how to govern, industry and commerce etc etc which makes it all the more worthless. 

Koran is responsible for fermenting hatred for the non-believers.  Islamic Jihad, Lashkar Tayyabah, Muslim Brotherhood, Al Queda, and all these zealots are victims of the Koran.  

Excessive violence in the Koran. The author comes accross as brutal, sadistic, jealous, and ill-tempered resorting to threat and intimidation. Hell is the most talked about subject in the Koran.

The author is immoral and unethical,  confining people to hellfire by judging them according to what they believe and not their deeds.  Belief in allah is simply not enough, one must accept Mohammad as the seal of prophet. There are many verses that make it clear that those who do not believe in allah and his "messenger" will burn in hell.

The author of the Koran is immoral because he brags about fighting, killing, and enslaving people. 

I will think of some more later.

• Your favorite reasons that the Quran is/isn't the word of God
     Reply #54 - August 07, 2013, 12:07 PM

Well some one opened this thread  with a heading "Your favorite reasons that the Quran is/isn't the word of God "  And many rascals in CEMB think that  Quran  isn't the word of God .. I think the reason for that is., They are not using their heart and TOTAL submission when they read Allah book.,

I say they should first read "The Sublime Quran"  

Laleh Bakhtiar  translated  that in to English.. Here is the Free pdf file  ..

holy allah doll., I didn't realize how simple Quran is.,   After reading that book everything become clear to me.  So those of you who think  that "Quran  isn't the word of God".,   read that  pdf file with open heart..  What a book. My  goodness gracious  that BS  class book Fayyazuddin, ‎Riazuddin's  -  "Quantum Mechanics" was easier to understand than this Laleh Bakhtiar's Quran..

And watch these videos to make your faith strong..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snCAXiTJX5Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9KyMuiv3T0

Masha allah..masha allah mash potatoes

Reply #55 - August 07, 2013, 12:27 PM

it is literally speaking to men ("tell your women...")
    it is very proud of itself for no good reason, and endlessly boasts about itself, it's messenger, and its alleged author.
    it's rhetorical questions are mainly teleological failures, and the kind of twaddle that ignorant humans have considered profound for centuries prior.
    it contains no useful information.
    it's challenge to find a discrepancy mistakes a necessary requirement of a revealed message for a sufficient one.
    it's challenge to produce a surah like it is at best, meaningless.
    it generally argues in the same way that ignorant uneducated people do, only more ambiguously.
    it is obviously geocentric; most likely flat earth; and contains a large number of other common creation myths
    it contains a huge number of pointless rules that are the kind of thing we would expect from a strange man with OCD.
    If Muslims are to be believed, Allah cannot write in such a way that can be translated, without transforming into tosh.

Reply #56 - August 07, 2013, 01:05 PM

running of a sound economy.

LOLWUT?

An economy without interest — well I think that is to the credit of the qu'ran!
     Reply #57 - August 07, 2013, 01:47 PM

If Solomon is so wise?
    Then why did he not invade Egypt or Babylon with his massive army of men and jinn which he needs it to affirm his lacking of existence in history
    but NOOOO!
    instead he wants to invade a city that hasn't done anything and to a ruler (who might not exist) for just being pagan at the time where everybody is pagan?

YOLO AND SWAG WILL SET YOU FREE
     Reply #58 - August 07, 2013, 02:26 PM

1. book of men, made by men, for men
    2. as Jinn and Tonic said, "suddenly everything is Halal in Heaven"
    3. the unjust cruel and sadistic punishment of Hell
    4. the pseudo science
    5. the claim of protected divine message (funny how he only protects the last message)
     Reply #59 - August 07, 2013, 02:47 PM

Why god revealed his message only in arabic ?   Cheesy
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »