Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: sup bros, new ex-muslim here wondering which web source is the most reliable.

(Read 4344 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • sup bros, new ex-muslim here wondering which web source is the most reliable.
     OP - August 17, 2011, 04:35 PM

do you guys know any online compendium of islamic criticism that is reliable and can be trusted for it's validity and honesty?

I know a ton of sites, but I'm not really sure of their validity.

Ali Sina's site give very good arguments against Islam, but he seems very angry and anti-islamic sometimes. I also worry about his sources and biasness.

The Religion of Peace is also another good site with many great arguments, but that website is also too agressive, and I'm not sure about their sources and biasness.

Answering Islam is also a great site for criticism of Islam, with very civil well mannered articles criticising Islam, but since they are run by a Christian organization I worry about the effect of bias towards their articles and sources.

So far the only good site I find very useful in Islamic criticism is WikiIslam. It articles seems professionally written, and all the sources for their arguments are given.

Am I right about all of these sites? Or do you guys know of more sites that are trustworthy?
  • Re: sup bros, new ex-muslim here wondering which web source is the most reliable.
     Reply #1 - August 17, 2011, 04:48 PM

I have to say that Sam Shamoun's site Answering Islam is very sound when it comes to arguments against Islam. His arguments are generally well researched and presented. He is of course not so sound when it comes to defending Christianity - but I have always found his stuff on Islam very good.

Ali Sina on FFI used to have some good stuff, if you can pick it out from the not-so-good stuff - but I don't know what FFI is like these days. Same goes for Religion of Peace.

Yes, I think Wikislam pretty good.

At the end of the day, if it's about finding good info - all those sites can be useful, just be careful to check anything that may seem biased or distorted.
  • Re: sup bros, new ex-muslim here wondering which web source is the most reliable.
     Reply #2 - August 17, 2011, 07:18 PM

well which one do you use?

btw, I've watched most of your vids on youtube, as well as therationalizer and mighty_cats and bunch of other youtubers criticising islam. It's great that we have people out there who are actually fighting against the lies Islam has perpetuated for the last 1400 years.
     Reply #3 - August 17, 2011, 07:22 PM

I have used all over the years, but rely on my own knowledge to weed out what's sound and what's not.
     Reply #4 - August 17, 2011, 07:26 PM

If I had to pick a favourite it would be Sam Shamoun's site, Answering Islam - some may find that surprising - and although I think he is very blinkered and biased when it comes to Christianity - the articles I've read by him about Islam have been generally very well researched and sound.

btw the Answering-Christianity site set up in opposition to his site is a complete joke. I went there as a Muslim and as someone who knows about Islam it just made me realise how dishonest many Muslim apologists are about their religion. (Then again Sam Shamoun is the same about his own religion.)
     Reply #5 - August 17, 2011, 07:34 PM

thanks Hassan, good to know. when I was trying to find any relatively unbiased info it was nearly impossible. You either have glossy Islam or bigoted anti-Islam websites  wacko

CEMB is great too but you have to read a loooot to extract arguments and present them in similar manner as Answering Islam website does.

I think a lot of us were brought here by google. Verily google guides whom it wills!

Reply #6 - August 17, 2011, 08:03 PM

The problem is that we don't seem to be as 'driven' or as 'motivated' as the aforementioned sites. i.e. we're a bunch of lazy bastards who'd rather joke about Boobies  grin12

I guess having an "agenda" is an advantage.
     Reply #7 - August 17, 2011, 08:05 PM

He is of course not so sound when it comes to defending Christianity - but I have always found his stuff on Islam very good.

^ I was going to say that.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #8 - August 17, 2011, 08:15 PM

The problem is that we don't seem to be as 'driven' or as 'motivated' as the aforementioned sites. i.e. we're a bunch of lazy bastards who'd rather joke about Boobies  grin12

I guess having an "agenda" is an advantage.

i read a little bit about you in your blog. Didn't really read most of it, just skimmed it a bit.

is it really true that you were an alim ulama once?
     Reply #9 - August 17, 2011, 08:27 PM

lol... no not an alim. I was a teacher in Islamia Primary School. Just an ordinary teacher, and I taught the regular National Curriculum subjects. Smiley
     Reply #10 - August 17, 2011, 11:39 PM

Just an ordinary teacher,

Don't sell yourself short, Hassan. I'm sure you weren't just ordinary Smiley

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #11 - August 18, 2011, 01:11 AM

truthseeker

Buy yourself a Quran, Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim, Ibn Kathir Tafsir and Ibn Ishaq sirah.

Start with that. Thats the "anti-islamic material" you need.

PS: Welcome to the forum.  parrot

PSS: And of course a notebook - so you can take notes.

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #12 - August 18, 2011, 05:02 AM

Hey I found this site useful, to be honest I've only so far got through the science bits:

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/quran.htm
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »