Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Post your pets...

(Read 60407 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #240 - January 26, 2013, 08:41 PM

Feeding day for the snakes today

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    Strike me down and I'll just become another nail in your coffin
    -------------------
    There's such a thing as sheep in wolfs clothing... religious fanatics
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #241 - January 26, 2013, 08:46 PM

^

So Mrs. Pepe is against dogs but alright with snakes. ??

I'm pretty sure there is a hadith or verse that talks about lizards and snakes being unclean as well

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #242 - January 27, 2013, 01:09 AM

Exactly. Snakes stay in one area so they are ok I guess. There are some anti snake Hadith out there. All superstitious crap as usual.

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    -------------------
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #243 - January 28, 2013, 09:13 AM

That's why I said most will die, but we can try set them free slowly, slowly get them back into the habitat. Honestly, anyone who keeps pets, only keeps them for their own pleasure, its not like they're doing it for the benefit of the animal. Seriously, adopt a homeless child not an animal, leave the animals alone. You can't understand how I feel about this. I can't keep talking about this, because I'll just get pissed off, and I'll have the admins on my back.

You do realise that with views like yours, it's probably far more humane to just euthanise them all rather than kicking them out in an environment they simply are not suited for? Oh and people who adopt pets wont be looking to adopt a child as an alternative. The two are not like-for-like.

I understand your views partially. I am against forcing animals to become indoor animals against their will. I particularly hate full-time caged pets. I hate pet stores too, they can be inhumane. But you really need to think those views through properly as you would simply cause an even bigger problem. Domesticated animals cannot simply learn to survive in the wild. Those skills have long been weened out of them in favour of more agreeable traits.

This isn't even considering the danger to the environment. If domesticated cats were to survive on their own peril, do you realise the impact that would have on the bird population and anything else they eat? Same with dogs. You'd probably wipe a ton of species. We'll also have dogs and cats running rampant in the streets, rummaging through bins, shitting everywhere. Dogs tend to hang out in packs thus making them a potential danger. And people will feed them, so they will continue to rely on us and hang around us anyway (there are plenty of countries where this is the case).

Not sure why you have an issue if animals are content living with us. Don't see why it should be an issue if a species evolved to live with a different species. It can be a mutually beneficial relationship.
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #244 - February 21, 2013, 04:39 AM

My first love <3

When she was a baby

babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy <3 love her

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• Post your pets...
     Reply #245 - February 21, 2013, 04:43 AM

Feeding day for the snakes today

(Clicky for piccy!)

Out of curiosity where do you store all those dead rats.

Do you have like a separate freezer for them?  Because I'm pretty sure they will start to stink if they are stored in a cabinet or something....

• Post your pets...
     Reply #246 - February 21, 2013, 04:46 AM

001_wub

Newest edition to my kitty family

FLUFFAYYYYYYYYYYYY

Having lunch together

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• Post your pets...
     Reply #247 - February 21, 2013, 05:35 AM

Adorable kitties, Jila!!  001_wub 001_wub

These are mine (or rather, the ones who own me)

Munkah, the prince of hearts

Here is Munkah with Kittenz:

Kittenz by herself

Chloe, the crazy but sweet one

This is Nabi, who passed away peacefully in her sleep last March at age 16. <3 <3

And this is Vashta, the latest addition to our family, with Munkah first

Vashta is such a sweetheart too.

Kittenz, Vashta and Chloe are all rescued cats we found when they were kittens. Munkah we got from a shelter when he was very young. Nabi we had adopted from another couple when she was already 5 years old.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #248 - February 21, 2013, 05:50 AM

So beautiful, everyone <3 Munkah's coat looks like a vest  001_wub

• Post your pets...
     Reply #249 - February 21, 2013, 06:16 AM

Piccy 1 and 3 from jila, 1 and 3 from allat, I'll take those.
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #250 - February 21, 2013, 07:53 AM

Great cat pics people  grin12

Although they do look hideous when wet lol

• Post your pets...
     Reply #251 - February 21, 2013, 09:02 AM

Ain't so , grouchy is cute.
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #252 - February 24, 2013, 11:59 PM

@ All cat owners.

Just remember to put a collar with a noisy bell on your cats if you let them outside.

They keep killing birds which significantly reduces their population so the bell thingy will help.

Like this

• Post your pets...
     Reply #253 - February 25, 2013, 12:31 AM

omgosh omgosh!! Jila and allat  001_wub soooo much cuteness!!!
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #254 - February 25, 2013, 12:43 AM

pfft

I'd get a dog instead of a cat any day of the week.     

I plan on getting a lab once I get my own place.  I really want a rottweiler but that's not a good dog for first time owners. 

• Post your pets...
     Reply #255 - February 25, 2013, 06:15 AM

Allat,

Aren't Cats territorial? We had a Cat a long time ago and she would be furious if we brought another kitten into the house. How do your cats deal with you adopting a new cat?

It is better to remain quiet and have people think that you are an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #256 - February 26, 2013, 08:00 AM

If a cat grew up in a multi-cat household, then it may be more accepting of other cats. If your cat is still young, that can also help. Some cats are naturally more accepting too (one of mine was really happy when the other cat had kittens, he even helped mother them).

If your cat is very territorial, then there are methods you can use in introducing a new cat to the house. However, some cats never get used to it and are never the same cat again (happened to someone I know). Safest bet is to get multiple cats when still young, they don't mind it then.
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #257 - February 26, 2013, 03:05 PM

This was a long time ago. My cat died of old age in 2003. But she had a happy life. Anyway, Thanks for your advice. If I ever adopt cats in the future I will do as you said.

It is better to remain quiet and have people think that you are an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #258 - February 26, 2013, 07:40 PM

Afro
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #259 - February 27, 2013, 11:57 PM

Cute cats Jila and Allat, so who is the german shepherd in your profile pic Jila?
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #260 - February 28, 2013, 03:34 AM

Not mine, though I would love to raise one when I can afford it Tongue

• Post your pets...
     Reply #261 - February 28, 2013, 04:07 AM

Are cats cheaper than dogs then? Like the food is cheaper or something?
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #262 - February 28, 2013, 03:45 PM

Out of curiosity where do you store all those dead rats.

Do you have like a separate freezer for them?  Because I'm pretty sure they will start to stink if they are stored in a cabinet or something....

I buy about 20 rats at a time all frozen and keep them in a box in my freezer in the basement. Just let them thaw out overnight before a feeding

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    -------------------
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #263 - February 28, 2013, 03:47 PM

Shakti in the snow this morning. She wasn't sure what to make if it because she isn't an outdoors cat.

George wasn't having any of that cold shit on his feet.

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    -------------------
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #264 - February 28, 2013, 10:23 PM

shakti is so stunning.. but george, george is just awesome, i think if i was a cat, i'd totally hang out with george..
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #265 - February 28, 2013, 10:26 PM

So my Hindi is a little rusty, but is that Shakti as in the scene from Indian Jones Temple of Doom where he rips the guy’s heart out and says “Kali ma shakti de!!”?
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #266 - February 28, 2013, 10:49 PM

Lol! Yup that's exactly it HappyMurtad. Shakti means power in Hindi.

Nessy if you were a cat and hanging with George he would most likely tackle u to the ground and try and beat you up. He does that to Shakti but she gives him a taste of his own medicine and pounces on him when he is not looking :p

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    -------------------
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #267 - April 04, 2013, 04:09 AM

30 minute trip to the vet....30 minutes of howling by this unhappy kitty Cheesy

• Post your pets...
     Reply #268 - April 08, 2013, 04:49 PM

Shakti chattering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1em1-yWWz0

-------------------
    Believe in yourself
    -------------------
    -------------------
  • Post your pets...
     Reply #269 - March 17, 2014, 11:58 AM

I didn't see this thread before. Sorry to revive an old one, but considering the nature of the forum, and the fact that this little monster woke me up this morning, I thought I'd share my Saudi Muslim husband's pet dog.

When I first met my husband, I told him of our family dog at my mother's house. He was repulsed, and asked me if I eat food in the same house as a dog. He gave me advice on how to wash myself after the dog touches me, and insisted that all dogs were disgusting.

A month after our marriage, he came to me and said he needed a dog. I thought he was joking and dismissed it, but I started seeing browser history on his laptop when we worked on assignments together for Husky breeder sites and dog raising questions.

Next thing I know, we are driving 5 hours away to a breeder to pick up a new puppy. I held him in my lap the whole drive home.

For the first couple weeks, my husband would wash his hands after playing with the dog. Now, I have to remind him to wash his hands before eating with them if he's been messing with him.

In summation, when I met my husband, he was disgusted by the mere prospect of sharing your house with a dog, and, nowadays, I swear I have seen that man let that dog lick his mouth, and sometimes when I hear him say, "Baby," or, "Habibi," I need to ask him if he's talking to me or his little monster:

Edit: abridged to make myself just slightly less identifiable/my husband just slightly less angry should he come across me writing personal stories on the internet.
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »