Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Grooming of young white girls

(Read 51146 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Grooming of young white girls
     Reply #60 - November 01, 2016, 06:20 PM

Well its 2016. now, ...what happened to your friends cousin?
     Reply #61 - March 23, 2017, 01:00 PM

Watched several youtubes of Tommy Robinson over the past few days.  TBH I had no idea who he was (I live in U.S.).  His speech and Q&A at the Oxford Union is worth a watch.   His point is that when the perpetrators of sex abuse are Asian the authorities (Police, Social Services) in the UK have been hog tied by their own political correctness and fears of being viewed as racist.   As ridiculous as this sounds Rotherham is just one of several areas with mass abuse cases that have gone on undisturbed for years because of the cowardice of the authorities.

I'm also curious to hear how members of this board feel about Robinson's odyssey from EDL leader (which btw I don't consider racist - and the youtube makes that very clear since it has always had black and Sikh members, and Robinson tried to keep the nazis out with mixed success), to collaborator with Maajid Nawaz and Quillian.   The most recent interview with Robinson looks by Gad Saad suggests that romance has ended (Quillian).

Reply #62 - March 23, 2017, 03:30 PM

So you believe that EDL isn't racist because it has black and sikh members?

you don't think this might be a tactic on their part?
     Reply #63 - March 23, 2017, 03:43 PM

Tommy Robinson is a charlatan, a liar, and - most recently - a ghoul.

Anyone who fails to see these things given the wealth of evidence is either too lazy to do so or is pretending to a position that they do not believe.
     Reply #64 - March 23, 2017, 04:22 PM

I recommend you watch him and listen to what he has to say (if you haven't already done so).   He doesn't strike me as a racist.   And Toor .. calling people names is a bit childish.  What is your evidence and what has he said or done that maked him so despicable to you.  I'm open to hearing or reading what you have to say.

But - I asked the question and you've provided an answer.  It is interesting to me because on paper there is a lot of agreement between him and ex-muslims.  He disparages the religion, and so do you.   Where you disagree and feel wary of him is that he is vocal in defense of his homeland and its culture.  He is working class and the brief evidence I've witnessed of his street work could be off putting.   But what about his friendship with Mo Ansar (sp?) and his flirtation with Quillian?
    He states he left EDL because he lost the struggle to keep the true racist, fascist haters out of the EDL.   But I'm too far away to really know and read the situation,

Reply #65 - March 23, 2017, 10:39 PM

Ah yes, the good old "I can't be racist, I have Black friends!"  Cheesy
     Reply #66 - March 23, 2017, 11:14 PM

I recommend you watch him and listen to what he has to say (if you haven't already done so).   He doesn't strike me as a racist.   And Toor .. calling people names is a bit childish.  What is your evidence and what has he said or done that maked him so despicable to you.  I'm open to hearing or reading what you have to say.

But - I asked the question and you've provided an answer.  It is interesting to me because on paper there is a lot of agreement between him and ex-muslims.  He disparages the religion, and so do you.   

"Calling people names"? I suppose that is the sort of response I'd expect from someone who won't do their own research into what he has done. Here's your chance to do it; it won't take you long.

Where you disagree and feel wary of him is that he is vocal in defense of his homeland and its culture.

Ethnonationalists are not welcome here, and neither are their defenders.

He is working class and the brief evidence I've witnessed of his street work could be off putting.

Really.

But what about his friendship with Mo Ansar (sp?) and his flirtation with Quillian?

Stop expecting to be spoonfed. The material is out there and isn't especially hard to find.

He states he left EDL because he lost the struggle to keep the true racist, fascist haters out of the EDL.   But I'm too far away to really know and read the situation,

Again, your inability to look into it is really your problem.
     Reply #67 - March 23, 2017, 11:20 PM

His affiliation with Quilliam does not reflect well on him. Rather, it reflects badly on Quilliam.
     Reply #68 - March 24, 2017, 08:42 AM

What do you mean by grooming?

I'm going to be a dissenting voice here and say, if she wants to do it, and her parents know about it, and don't care or approve, getting the police involved is a bad idea.  You can tell her why you don't think it's smart, but the police aren't going to make anything better.  They can't do anything at all if the person denies it.  What's more likely to happen is the person will shut you out and you'll push them closer to this person. 

Also, it does seem to be the person's choice, and I don't think it's right to force a code of sexual morality on others. 
     Reply #69 - March 25, 2017, 12:57 AM

Grooming means it is not really her choice, rather that she is being manipulated or coerced into it. That is the issue here.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #70 - March 25, 2017, 03:22 AM

His affiliation with Quilliam does not reflect well on him. Rather, it reflects badly on Quilliam.

Quilliam is a counter extremist organisation. Deradicalising radicals and helping them get a new lease on life, if not joining up themselves, is literally their raison d'etre.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #71 - March 25, 2017, 07:41 PM

"Calling people names"? I suppose that is the sort of response I'd expect from someone who won't do their own research into what he has done. Here's your chance to do it; it won't take you long.
    Ethnonationalists are not welcome here, and neither are their defenders.
    Really.
    Stop expecting to be spoonfed. The material is out there and isn't especially hard to find.
    Again, your inability to look into it is really your problem.

Toor, thank you for pointing out my inabilities and providing a link to a very exciting site called 'Google' ... I really had no idea
    that there was such a useful research tool available to general humdrum idiots like myself.

BTW - I'd already read and watched most of the links on the first 2 pages.  Since you made the claim that Robinson is a racist,
    I am challenging you to prove it ... because I don't think he is a racist, and I don't think you will be able to prove it - so I think you are just prejudiced .. period.   He is without any question at all sternly opposed to Islam, but has made frequent comments acknowledging that not all Muslims are Islamists, and that Muslims
    have helped him personally and some of his friends and relatives in difficult situations.

So ... when you have the time and inclination please put your money where your post is and offer me a link to Tommy being a racist.

Reply #72 - March 26, 2017, 02:02 AM

I think that Jews are responsible for all of the evil that happens in this country. I constantly post rants about how they are conniving liars, and share platforms with and re-tweet from anti-Jewish conspiracy theorists who claim that Jews are taught to lie and be deceptive (taqiyyah) from childhood, hence you cannot believe a word a Jew says. I freak out when a Jew is elected as London mayor, despite that he is liberal and supports secular values such as gender equality and LGBT rights.  But I will pay lip service and claim that I know that all Jews are bad. I will then affiliate myself with Neturei Karta or a similar organisation, so that whenever anyone calls me out on my bigotry, I can point and say, "I'm not anti-Semitic, look at all my Jewish friends!"

Sorry, it doesn't work that way  Roll Eyes

I'm just going to leave this here:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/12/03/tommy-robinson-claims-quilliam-paid-him-to-leave-edl_n_8710834.html

And this:

This as well:

Google is your fucking friend.
     Reply #73 - March 26, 2017, 06:50 AM

Screenshots are of a fake. That's not his account.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #74 - March 26, 2017, 11:48 AM

If you watch the speech at the Oxford Union he is challenged on being a racist by a young black woman
    citing his tweets.  His answer was that anyone can photoshop a tweet and that he did not tweet those comments,
    and never would.  I gather the cynicism runs very deep for some members of CEMB but is you watch and listen he
    makes the same negative observations about Islam, the Koran and Mohamed that are to be found in abundance on
    CEMB, but is always careful to exclude Muslims.  It is imho Islam that is the problem - a medieval concoction created by a
    victorious, mostly illiterate group of Arab nomads after they found themselves presiding over a huge empire and needed (like
    every preceding Empire - a differentiating belief system for the ruling elite).   Like Communism it needs to be intellectually exposed and discarded in the dustbin of history, and Robinson is doing important leg work.

Reply #75 - March 26, 2017, 11:49 AM

And I forgot to say:  We should all be allies and make common cause in defeating Islam.  I believe Robinson is your friend, not an enemy.

Reply #76 - March 26, 2017, 12:46 PM

Toor, thank you for pointing out my inabilities and providing a link to a very exciting site called 'Google' ... I really had no idea
    that there was such a useful research tool available to general humdrum idiots like myself.

And yet, you've failed to use it in any depth. If you choose to call yourself a 'general humdrum idiot', that's your call.

So ... when you have the time and inclination please put your money where your post is and offer me a link to Tommy being a racist.

You failed a basic test of reading comprehension here, so perhaps your self-assessment isn't so harsh after all.

And I forgot to say:  We should all be allies and make common cause in defeating Islam.  I believe Robinson is your friend, not an enemy.

"We", you say? You are in no position to make this as a meaningful recommendation, but thank you all the same for unmasking yourself.
     Reply #77 - March 26, 2017, 12:56 PM

If you click on the Exposetweets link, it will take you to his deleted Twitter profile. Moreover, even if it was not photo-shopped, there is still the fact that he endorses that bigoted "taqiyyah" conspiracy theory and shares a platform with other bigoted conspiracy theorists like Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller. He also posts their articles on social media, as though they are anything more than hateful propaganda.

No one is my friend unless I agree that they are, and something that I have learnt is that my enemy's enemy is not always my friend. I do not consider Stephen Yaxley-Lennon or his supporters to be friends of mine.

Now that we have established that we are not on the same side, we'll leave it at that, shall we?
     Reply #78 - March 26, 2017, 06:43 PM

If Britain has provided a safer environment to leave a religion that you dislike and in some cases justifiably fear, why do those who defend it's culture and values against an alien culture that has opposed it's beliefs and free expression for centuries offend you?

Muslims currently constitute what: 4-5% of the UK population.  Who believes Britain be a better, safer place to live and experience freedom of expression and faith for all of its citizens if the Muslim population grew to 10% or 20%?   Or would it become more like Lebanon with greater sectarian violence?   I think these are legitimate questions to ask.

If Tommy Robinson is unacceptable - how about Gordon Murray?   Here's a link to Murray speaking in opposition to mass immigration and multiculturalism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSf8UTsLS70

And by what right do I raise questions like this.  I was there on 9/11 when my adopted country was attacked.  I believe I and everyone has the right to speak and argue on these and any other matters because those are inalienable rights for everyone in the US, and once upon a time in the UK - but no more.  One deterrent to freedom of speech have been members of the Muslim community who argue for constraint of speech when causing offense to Muslims.   Balderdash!   If anyone in a moderator position on this board disagrees please let me know.

Reply #79 - March 26, 2017, 07:06 PM

You have the freedom to express your opinion, but you do not have the right to an audience. I am simply not interested in your opinion. End of.
     Reply #80 - March 26, 2017, 09:00 PM

I don't think you are 'simply not interested in your (my) opinion' - I get the impression I have touched a nerve and there is deep seated resentment towards these opinions.   I am seriously interested in understanding why, since as I keep saying (sorry to be repetitive) the people that some on this board apparently find objectionable as racist or bigoted seem to me to be making exactly the same critique of Islam and its texts as everyone on this board.

Is anyone who is concerned about the defense and continuation of their culture, its freedoms etc automatically a bigot?

I have watched several Robert Spencer videos and have one of his books ('Did Mohamed Exist') sitting on a shelf waiting to be read.  I am aware of his ban from entry to the UK (along with Geller) after being invited by the EDL for a commemorative event after the murder of Lee Rigby.  The Appeals court upheld the ban because the UK police said that his presence could cause serious civil unrest.   Spencer has always been willing to debate Muslim apologists in a respectful way (as some of the videos I've watched attest).  He is a bit hard line and may be criticized for some mistakes on current events, but he's fluent in Arabic and has studied Islam since 1980 and presents very factually.  What is wrong to me is the prevention of free speech, not what Spencer says or writes.  Argue against the man by all means, but don't use civil unrest to curtail free speech.

I don't know Yaxley-Lennon but will research him.

Reply #81 - March 26, 2017, 09:08 PM

*yawns*
     Reply #82 - March 26, 2017, 09:20 PM

I am seriously interested in understanding why, since as I keep saying (sorry to be repetitive) the people that some on this board apparently find objectionable as racist or bigoted seem to me to be making exactly the same critique of Islam and its texts as everyone on this board.

They're not, but good try. Probably subtlety isn't really your strong suit.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #83 - March 26, 2017, 09:28 PM

Exactly, it kind of reminds of how some Muslims keep asking me to keep an open mind and listen to their mental gymnastics again, so that I might realise that I was wrong to leave Islam in the first place. Sorry, not interested; I have heard it all before.

Same goes for the far-right and their drivel about how they are only anti-Islam and not anti-Muslim. I have heard it all before and it was nonsense.
     Reply #84 - March 27, 2017, 12:33 AM

Referring to Lebanon while trying to make a point about sectarian violence likely to occur in the British Isles seems silly. I think that already happened over there, and it wasn't about Muslims at all.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #85 - March 27, 2017, 01:33 AM

Hey Unifier, I thought I'd share part of a skype conversation I had two weeks ago after sharing a particular link, one worth checking out by the way. I'm hoping the conversation will be a good jumping off point for understanding the problem with Tommy.

Me: Shame the author went on to become a Greet Wilders type. http://www.secularism.org.uk/blog/2012/03/sharia-law-and-middle-class-feminism#.UUSv2lRd67J.twitter

Other person: What in your view is “wrong” with Geert Wilders and Anne Marie Waters?
    Are they “far-right” and if so, what do they advocate that you disagree with?

Me: There's no nuance. They lump all muslims into a catagory the same way islamists do "the kaffirs". Islam is a threat to the west no matter what and are absolutly no ally to the very people they should be allied with. Muslims like the agnostic muslim group, muslims like Quilliam, muslims like Maajid, they don't factor into their world view, and give no support whatsoever to those muslims who embrace western values, support democracy and secularism while still demanding the right to practise their religion

Other person: Ah ok and you have a point there if that is in fact what they say.
    I wonder if anyone has asked them about “Muslims like the agnostic muslim group, muslims like Quilliam, muslims like Maajid” and if they have responded?

Me: Like I said, they aren't in their world view. Any muslim who stands up to islamists, insists on freedom of religion. the right to live your life as you see fit so long as you're not harming anyone and inside the law, is someone worth supporting. The fact they want those same rights for themselves i.e. mosques isn't a threat to western culture, it's demanding those same rights. Which means they want the same rights for everyone, not everyone except them

Other person: That is an interesting point worth discussing.

Me: I'm an atheist in a historically christian country. I demand my right to be heard in my own home. I can't then turn around and deny other people that same right. If I wanted to live in Saudi I'd move there

That's pretty much what the issue is. I don't really think Tommy is a racist in the classical sense, that he has a problem with someone purely because of their ethnic makeup. While we have words for things like sexist, racist etc we don't have an equivalent word for discrimination based on someone's faith. Let's say for example we did have a word for it, let's call it religisism. Tommy is a religisist. If I see someone walking down the street wearing a hijab, I make the assumption that she's a muslim, I know nothing about this person and I make no assumptions outside of having enough knowledge of islam to figure she probably believes in monotheism, probably believes Mo was the seal of the prophets, the five pillars, doesn't believe Jesus is the son of god. Standard stuff. But I make no assumption whatsoever as to her mentality. I don't know if she's a good person or a bad person, a supporter of secular democracy or sharia. Tommy automatically sees her as a threat, or at least possible threat.

Tommy has the exact same view of islam as Anjem Choudary. He genuinely sees islam and the growing muslim population as a threat. He's probably frustrated that despite the continued terrorist atrocities people don't "wake up" and see he was right all along.

Now there are some things Tommy has said that I agree with. I once saw him comment on the fact that when the islamic state established itself almost overnight thousands of western muslims flocked there. I agreed with him when he said this didn't just happen, there's a poison that has prepped them for this. I agree with him when he says that for a long time the government has turned a blind eye to problems under their noses and are now in many ways reaping the rewards.

There are a number of things he says I can happily nod along to, but this is more in the way of a stopped clock being right twice a day.

Tommy obviously sees himself as the hero of this story but he's part of the problem. When you come on a site full of ex-muslims, people who have left the religion, some members who have actually been persecuted and harmed for it, and they're still saying "Fuck Tommy Robinson", that should tell you more than I could if I spend the whole night explaining.

Reply #86 - March 27, 2017, 09:52 AM

Thank you Quod Sum Eris for taking time to provide this response.  I very much appreciate it and agree with most of what you say - particularly in not making assumptions about people belonging to a particular faith.  As Sam Harris said in his now infamous appearance on the Bill Maher show: 'Liberals conflate concern about Islamic doctrine with prejudice against Muslims'.   Ben Affleck of course didn't agree!   Sarah Haider (founder of Ex Muslims of North America) makes some telling points on Affleck's naiveté in one of her speeches.

I also get an 'F' for not knowing Yaxley-Lennon was 'Tommy Robinsons's' original given name.  Do now and I get different hits on google when searching under his original name rather than Robinson - both pro and con.

I am still in a position of agreement with him and Wilders (and others) that Islam itself is a net negative for the West though.  Gordon puts it as 'why do we have to spend so much time on the slowest kid in the class - we have better things to spend our time on'.  That's pretty condescending I fully realize, but from the perspective of a Westerner born and raised it should hardly surprise anyone.  The West has made every mistake in the book on religious matters and has fought wars and killed hundreds of thousands of its people over doctrinal disputes.  But we learned from those painful lessons and constructed something better: secular society.   Now it looks very much like we're going to have to go through a whole lot more pain and suffering in the name of religion before a new lasting peace can be achieved.

End of whine .... and thanks again.

Reply #87 - March 27, 2017, 10:13 AM

Quod Sum Iris I largely agree with your assessment of Tommy Rosbinson. It seems that your point about lacking nuance does not apply to him though. At least in so far as he went to Quilliam when he wanted to leave the EDL.

I think the larger issue here is that the position I want to take, or some other ex-Muslims want to take on Islam, always gets lumped together with what Tommy Robinson has to say. However, that doesn't mean that I find his positions to be completely nonsensical. Our positions diverge from the mainstream in similar directions and that may be one reason why some of my ex-Muslim friends agree with a small part of what he has to say. In the current climate people who take reasonable positions on Islam, like Maajid Nawaz, or I will argue Douglas Murray, are vilified for expressing ideas that I believe have merit.
     Reply #88 - March 27, 2017, 11:55 AM

Tommy has come out and said his liaison with Quilliam was more a marriage of convenience. He makes some comments about it you can easily look up.

The thing to realise, which I think I can use to respond to both you and Unifier, and also relates in a way to Sam Harris' point, is the lack of distinction Tommy makes. If I were to say very justifiable things against the nazis, I wouldn't talk about Germans, I'd talk about nazis. If I were to talk about the IRA, I wouldn't be making these points about the Irish, I'd be making them about the IRA. It I were to object to white supremacists, I wouldn't be talking about white people, I'd be talking about supremacists. This is the distinction to make, and it's an important one. When I talk about islamic extremists/islamists, I'm not talking about muslims, I'm talking about islamists.

If you can find no disagreement with the above, then you're grasping the negative response to the idea of Tommy being an ally.

In response to the comment on "the slowest kid in the class", it's important to realise exactly what and who this is, and just what a small minority it is, who, for some reason I will never understand, are given so much oxygen. Most muslims are decent people. They are exactly the people we should be standing with. One of the popular grievances to mention that people have, this idea of muslims demanding this and that, wanting us to abide by their wishes, is that it's an incredibly small minority who white regressives are desperate to bow down to, I can only imagine to show how not racist they are. When you actually look at a lot of these stories, you often find it's white regressives who have taken it upon themselves to do these things.

Just off the top of my head a woman was told to stop breastfeeding her child so as not to offend muslims. She was understandably outraged. It hit the papers, people were unsurprisingly annoyed. Turns out no one had even asked any muslims how they felt and were pissed about it. I remember one of the muslims wondering why the hell some random person had decided to take this stance, asking if they thought muslim mothers don't breastfeed their children.

Another story I remember was a city council (can't remember which, think it was Birmingham) deciding against calling Christmas Christmas as an effort to not offend muslims, which again hit the papers (cue the outrage) which ended up with muslims marching in protest, saying they didn't give a shit if people celebrate Christmas and to stop making them look bad.

Another was I think somewhere in Bradford, a random person thought it's be awesome to have a special muslim toilet in a shopping centre which was just a hole in the ground, which predictably turned into an unhygienic mess, that most muslims I saw commenting on it thought was stupid. But the council, for some reason, jumped at the chance.

Some of these types did the same thing in the States recently, arguing the Washington Redskins should change the name, it's offensive, it's racist, and so on. Again, they didn't bother asking native Americans what they thought. A survey later found nine out of ten didn't give a shit.

You'd really be amazed how often this is the case if you take the time to look into it. It's either non muslims taking it upon themselves or a small group of busybodies that regressives love to take pictures with to show how liberal they are.

There's something a lot of people don't even take into account, and in fact don't even realise. The really fucked up thing is how actual liberal muslims, actual secular muslims, actual feminist muslims, actual reformist muslims, feel completely betrayed by the very types of people (usually white middle-class) who should be on their side supporting them, White feminists would never accept sharia courts or being treated as less than a man, but none white women are expected to endure it, cos culture. Children being abused by white parents would have the police and social services kicking the door down and those children taken into care, but none white children are given back into that same harmful community, cos culture. I'll always remember the white liberal uni woman saying she can't condemn female genital mutilation because of her "colonial past". My jaw was on the floor.

They'd never put up with it themselves, but they'll throw brown people under the bus. It's racism masquerading as tolerance and they don't even realise. The question I often have is why is it that the vast majority of muslims, who are perfectly ordinary people just keeping their heads down, minding their own business, and often trying to fight oppression and live the lives so many of us take for granted without fear or shame, are never listened to, while this minority who represent only themselves are taken as spokespeople?

Reply #89 - March 27, 2017, 12:56 PM

Quod I more in agreement with you than with Unifier. I am especially concerned about that illusory alliance between the Islamists and "liberals". I don't think I have anything to add or criticize here. At least nothing I can think of at the moment.
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »