Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New Sub-boards

(Read 3145 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • New Sub-boards
     OP - July 28, 2011, 10:37 PM

Can we have two new sub-boards:

1) Events
    2) Campaigns and Activism

Would be good for these to be in easy to find, prominent locations and might catalyse and promote some positive off-line action.
  • Re: New Sub-boards
     Reply #1 - July 28, 2011, 11:20 PM

Thats a good idea. Atleast that is not rubbing one selective campaign on everyone's faces like the one recently happened.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #2 - July 28, 2011, 11:27 PM

The problem with sub-boards is that by their very nature they are not easy to find and in prominent locations.

Muddy, we have used the news feature to promote other petitions/campaigns before.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #3 - July 28, 2011, 11:40 PM

I suspect the problem here is my poor use of terminology. What I mean is, a section of the forum, just as "News from Around the Globe" and "News from the UK" are.
     Reply #4 - July 28, 2011, 11:41 PM

Your "before" argument is exactly like, "There are billions of muslims thats why islam is correct".

For petitions, there is a petition thread. Stick to it!

and many others...
     Reply #5 - July 29, 2011, 08:01 AM

Nothing of the sort, Muddy. My point was actually that you have never objected to any other instance in which the news feature was used for similar purposes. You just happen to have a personal objection in this particular case.

Reply #6 - July 29, 2011, 10:21 AM

Others which I have noticed must be inline with Ex-muslim causes. This one is clearly against some of our views.

and many others...
     Reply #7 - July 29, 2011, 10:27 AM

Your "before" argument is exactly like, "There are billions of muslims thats why islam is correct".

For petitions, there is a petition thread. Stick to it!

i don't think you understand the way forums work. it isn't a democracy. the values that are promoted are entirely at the sole discretion of the admin.
     Reply #8 - July 29, 2011, 11:57 AM

Others which I have noticed must be inline with Ex-muslim causes.

Most of them probably are because of the nature of this forum.

But the thing is muddy, that the fact that Palestinian society at large is socially very conservative, intolerant and that Gaza in particular is run by fuckheads known as Hamas does not make oppression
    of Palestinians justified.
    On top of that only when the Palestinians get their own state and by that become solely responsible for the way it is run will international community be able to put some pressure on Palestinian leadership as far as social issues such as gay rights go.

This one is clearly against some of our views.

I don't see how.
     Reply #9 - July 29, 2011, 12:10 PM

Can we have two new sub-boards:

1) Events
    2) Campaigns and Activism

Would be good for these to be in easy to find, prominent locations and might catalyse and promote some positive off-line action.

We will certainly take that into consideration during the revamp of the forum, as the layout will be changing.  Allat has designed a brilliant new layout for the forum and I'm sure a space can be created to cover activism.  I agree it needs its own sub forum.    Afro

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #10 - July 29, 2011, 01:43 PM

Speaking of which, when's it due?
     Reply #11 - July 29, 2011, 01:52 PM

No fixed date as of yet but hopefully soon. 

But no forum when its happening.   Tongue

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #12 - July 29, 2011, 02:25 PM

I don't see how.

The poll look like quiet pro-palestinian agenda.. I didn't see any Hamas bashing there.

and many others...
     Reply #13 - July 30, 2011, 06:41 AM

That's because it doesn't even mention Hamas. Hamas is one faction in Palestinian society. The fact that one faction are humungous fuckheads is not directly connected to the recognition of a state for the entire society.

Anyway, this has no chance of passing. It's purely symbolic at this stage. There are at least three permanent members of the Security Council who will veto this (the US, UK and France).

Oh and one thing you appear not to have noticed: if a Palestinian state is recognised and an appropriate treaty with Israel signed (and both would be necessary for any real solution) then the Palestinians will bloody well have to behave. If they do not, then Israel will have every right under international law to declare war on Palestine. If that became necessary, I very much doubt that many people would remain sympathetic to any Palestinian state that was that goddammed stupid.

Reply #14 - July 30, 2011, 09:43 PM

That's because it doesn't even mention Hamas. Hamas is one faction in Palestinian society. The fact that one faction are humungous fuckheads is not directly connected to the recognition of a state for the entire society.

Anyway, this has no chance of passing. It's purely symbolic at this stage. There are at least three permanent members of the Security Council who will veto this (the US, UK and France).

Oh and one thing you appear not to have noticed: if a Palestinian state is recognised and an appropriate treaty with Israel signed (and both would be necessary for any real solution) then the Palestinians will bloody well have to behave. If they do not, then Israel will have every right under international law to declare war on Palestine. If that became necessary, I very much doubt that many people would remain sympathetic to any Palestinian state that was that goddammed stupid.

+1  Well put.  Afro

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »