Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi....

(Read 7043 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Hi....
     Reply #30 - July 28, 2011, 09:53 PM

That's what you think.
     Reply #31 - July 28, 2011, 09:56 PM

O ma gawd, a muzzie! BURN HIM. *grabs pitchfork and torch*
     Reply #32 - July 28, 2011, 09:58 PM

O ma gawd, a muzzie! BURN HIM. *grabs pitchfork and torch*

Well you are an irrationalist so I presume you were out of your mind before you said this :p:
     Reply #33 - July 28, 2011, 10:02 PM

If only.

Also, hai.
     Reply #34 - July 28, 2011, 10:02 PM

Hello ZOMG Smiley Welcome to the forum! It's great that you're open minded and tolerant of people with opinions other than your own. If only the world had more like you! What's the most interesting/memorable nugget you've picked up from your reading about science and philosophy?
     Reply #35 - July 28, 2011, 10:05 PM

If only the world had more like you!

Don't say that, one of them's enough. mysmilie_977
     Reply #36 - July 28, 2011, 10:09 PM

Hello ZOMG Smiley Welcome to the forum! It's great that you're open minded and tolerant of people with opinions other than your own. If only the world had more like you! What's the most interesting/memorable nugget you've picked up from your reading about science and philosophy?

Thanks. Well mostly how we really are insignificant in the bigger picture. I suppose this comes under philosophy and physics, but out of so many galaxies, planets etc we really are nothing and that just interests me and I'm still reading into about it. Also reading about the Greek Philosophers and what they thought of the universe and how they actually were not advocates of modern democracy, despite a lot of people thinking otherwise.
     Reply #37 - July 28, 2011, 10:16 PM

^You'll like this: http://humanists4science.blogspot.com/2011/05/2011-edge-question-mediocrity-principle.html

Interesting about the Greeks, tell me a little more! How did their ideals differ from those of present day liberal secular democracies?
     Reply #38 - July 28, 2011, 10:18 PM

Thanks. Well mostly how we really are insignificant in the bigger picture. I suppose this comes under philosophy and physics, but out of so many galaxies, planets etc we really are nothing and that just interests me and I'm still reading into about it. Also reading about the Greek Philosophers and what they thought of the universe and how they actually were not advocates of modern democracy, despite a lot of people thinking otherwise.

Well, depends which Greek philosophers you mean.
     Reply #39 - July 28, 2011, 10:25 PM

^You'll like this: http://humanists4science.blogspot.com/2011/05/2011-edge-question-mediocrity-principle.html

Interesting about the Greeks, tell me a little more! How did their ideals differ from those of present day liberal secular democracies?

Well they were against the notion of democracy which meant that people has the right to vote what happened to their country etc but the Aristotle and Plato opposed this view saying that people were greedy and naturally they would do things for their own benefit and not for the greater good (ie for their country) and I can see this viewpoint because say for instance if taxes needed to rise and we got people to vote on it, 99.9% of the population would of course vote against the tax rise although in some cases it is necessary to raise taxes to fund for public services etc. What they proposed was that a sole monarch should rule a state who had the time and was patriotic for their country and saw not only the benefit of the people but of the country too.

In essence implementing democracy in its purest form is impossible.

Thanks for the link.
     Reply #40 - July 28, 2011, 10:25 PM

Well, depends which Greek philosophers you mean.

Well the most famous ones in Plato and Aristotle.
     Reply #41 - July 28, 2011, 10:53 PM

I like this guy.(No Homo Tongue)

Welcome to the Forum ZOMG.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #42 - July 28, 2011, 11:06 PM

Welcome to the forums ZOMG.  bunny

You sound like a cool person, and your epic philosophy quest sounds like some of the things I used to do a lot before I deconverted from Islam. Have fun here!

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #43 - July 28, 2011, 11:13 PM

Funniest intro thread ever, all thanks to Sunbul who gets on so soo well with n00bs.  piggy

Oh and a very warm welcome ZOMG. parrot

Seeing as I've never really known what the "Z" stands for in ZOMG, could you kindly tell this old hag what it means?  wacko
     Reply #44 - July 28, 2011, 11:17 PM

I always just pronounce that acronym as if it were not an acronym, and then it makes more sense.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #45 - July 29, 2011, 02:37 AM

A warm welcome, ZOMG... (LOVE that nickname lol)

Let me know when you want to discuss Aristotle  dance  (j/k)
    Enjoy your stay, ignore the trolls, and ask anything you like.

And since you dont like pigs, heres a welcome jinn ghost

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #46 - July 29, 2011, 11:29 AM

Hi a muslim here. My parents are fairly liberal ie don't really follow most of the things such as keeping a beard, wearing a hijab etc. as long as we pray 5 times a day.

TBH I dunno I've never really had religion be a big part of my life apart from like 2 years ago where I frantically researched into hadiths and Quran but then just got out of that phase.

Dunno I've just been on an epic quest on Philosophy for the past few months and just been looking into how modern science has evolved and how the west was formed, what ideologies were, what the greeks thought, romans, how religion affected the middle ages etc.

So yeah not much to say tbh. I'm not an ex-muslim but am just here to see how ex-muslims feel and view Islam and don't worry I'm not gonna be a fanatic and start criticising everyone, calling them kaffirs etc and tbh I don't have much against people leaving Islam; it's a personal choice which I feel should not effect a way in which I view a person.

Yeah so that's all I have to say.

You're pretty cool  Afro

Welcome  Wink

Hi
     Reply #47 - July 29, 2011, 12:10 PM

Thanks everyone.
     Reply #48 - July 29, 2011, 12:15 PM

I always just pronounce that acronym as if it were not an acronym, and then it makes more sense.

Same as, then it just seems hyper excited.  Grin

Anyway, newb, ZOMG.  I don't trust you already.   poof

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #49 - July 29, 2011, 12:28 PM

Same as, then it just seems hyper excited.  Grin

Anyway, newb, ZOMG.  I don't trust you already.   poof

Why? Cry
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »