Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:40 AM

Kashmir endgame
Yesterday at 07:52 PM

Scientists and .............
Yesterday at 07:27 PM

Zakir Naik..Islamic Hero ...
Yesterday at 07:04 PM

NayaPakistan...New Pakist...
August 21, 2019, 07:01 PM

Female role models
August 19, 2019, 03:56 PM

مدهش----- لماذا؟؟؟؟
by akay
August 18, 2019, 09:34 PM

The Battle for British Is...
August 18, 2019, 10:04 AM

hindus in India beat A M...
August 17, 2019, 01:23 PM

What music are you listen...
August 15, 2019, 09:05 PM

Human Rights and Wrongs
August 14, 2019, 04:47 PM

New PM incoming
August 13, 2019, 07:27 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Children

(Read 8381 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Children
     Reply #30 - July 28, 2011, 07:03 PM

I want to pass on my awesome  cool2 genes Tongue LOL.

I will teach them about physics, biology, astronomy, history, philosophy, arts, psychology, ancient history/cultures etc etc etc I'll teach them to think about things from all sorts of angles and to keep questioning.

>.< I can't wait!!!! to have kids, I will tell them amazing stories of adventures! and mysteries! I.WILL.BE.AN.AWESOME.MOMMMYYYYY!  cool2

Smiley

Well i'm not ready for kids right now Tongue in a couple of years maybe.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #31 - July 28, 2011, 07:18 PM

Definitely want but in like 10 years  yes
     Reply #32 - July 28, 2011, 09:30 PM

I don't want any either.

Hmm.Do you notice how the more secular and liberal a country is, the less people have children? From evolutionary perspective, being secular and liberal is a disadvantage. Being highly religious and conservative is the way to go, as they seem to have far more kids.

I think we might eventually approach a time where children will be "grown" in special facilities, from haploid cells provided by donors. A Brave New World, of sorts Roll Eyes

Interesting, How did you come to this conclusion?

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #33 - July 28, 2011, 09:37 PM

When I get to 35+ I will probably change my mind but then again my philosophy is to have kids before 30 so you can still be relativley young when they are young adults.

Reply #34 - July 28, 2011, 09:39 PM

Definitey want but in like 10 years  yes

Its funny because i have given myself 10 years to decide whether i want to have a child or not. Lol

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #35 - July 28, 2011, 10:36 PM

Interesting, How did you come to this conclusion?

That secular people have less children? Mostly from personal observations, but the statistics and articles I've looked at seem to confirm it.

Here's one study from PubMed:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2723861/

LiveScience article:
    http://www.livescience.com/9261-predisposition-religion-spread-quickly.html

Have you heard the good news? There is no God!
     Reply #36 - July 28, 2011, 10:55 PM

Imma have 2 and adopt 1. Any ladies up for the challenge?  Afro

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #37 - July 28, 2011, 11:16 PM

Its funny because i have given myself 10 years to decide whether i want to have a child or not. Lol

Yeah you have to live life a bit, before deciding to commit to such a big thing.
     Reply #38 - July 29, 2011, 12:02 AM

That secular people have less children? Mostly from personal observations, but the statistics and articles I've looked at seem to confirm it.

Here's one study from PubMed:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2723861/

LiveScience article:
    http://www.livescience.com/9261-predisposition-religion-spread-quickly.html

Its long but i will find the time to read the whole of it. I find it interesting Afro

Reply #39 - July 29, 2011, 12:10 AM

Maybe, if mental and economic factors allow for it. Kids don't have to "ruin your life" or "tie you down," my Professor went hiking through the Nepalese mountains with her one-year-old on her back. A lot of people are thankful for children when they get older too and don't have as many people around them, not necessarily for support but just not to be alone.

It's hard to decide how to raise a child though.
     Reply #40 - July 29, 2011, 12:17 AM

Yeah you have to live life a bit, before deciding to commit to such a big thing.

Exactly,though in my own case i have to free myself from my clan, then live the real life without depending on my family, i think with that i can be able to raise my own family without any religious influence. Let's see how it goes,lol.

Reply #41 - July 29, 2011, 12:20 AM

Exactly,though in my own case i have to free myself from my clan, then live the real life without depending on my family, i think with that i can be able to raise my own family without any religious influence. Let's see how it goes,lol.

+1 yup getting out of jail comes first.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »