Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Zero sum

(Read 59331 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Zero sum
     Reply #30 - May 08, 2012, 10:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lcDfvcaHQw
     Reply #31 - May 14, 2012, 05:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=vhHo6CUq4-o
     Reply #32 - May 30, 2012, 07:55 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIkO1aPk9dg
     Reply #33 - May 30, 2012, 08:12 AM

Shocked Shocked

I don't know about you, but I don't really express much emotion with my ass. Also, half the things that did I can't do with mine.

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #34 - May 30, 2012, 08:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTifRi3qDkU
     Reply #35 - May 31, 2012, 07:26 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7zlMoo8Wj0
     Reply #36 - June 01, 2012, 08:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dBnhd_eKew
     Reply #37 - June 13, 2012, 09:26 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwX_aKGjMg0
     Reply #38 - June 15, 2012, 06:25 PM

Reply #39 - June 15, 2012, 06:51 PM

Is that yours?

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #40 - June 15, 2012, 06:56 PM

It's a radically new take on this:

Reply #41 - June 15, 2012, 07:05 PM

Tongue

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #42 - June 17, 2012, 12:14 PM

Hey dude, did you realise your blog has turned into a youtube channel? Have you given up on writing shitty analogies? I used to quite enjoy those.

Btw, Stone Roses  dance dance You got tickets??

One last thing, old buddy... Have you seen that compilation fathers-day album advert featuring Britpop hits? Shameful, absolutely shameful.... When did we get so fucking old that we warranted our very own Father's Day album??? Only recently, they were trying to flog albums with 70's rock on it. Moving on to music that we grew up with is such a disgrace... Are we that fucking old mate??

Hi
     Reply #43 - June 17, 2012, 06:07 PM

I haven't felt the creative urge lately, sad to say.

Good news on the Stone Roses though - I'm having to find someone to go to V Festival with, as that's my only hope of getting to see them.

I understand you completely on the old age thing. It's moderately horrifying, isn't it? The thought that we should all be somehow besprogged, chained to our mortgages and Ikea catalogues and Volvos to have been successful is a nightmare cooked up by someone with a fearsome genius for the banal.

I always thought of old age as looking something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_TGMO0WHZ8

I tell you, I want to be 18 again. I can't handle this middle age malarkey.
     Reply #44 - June 17, 2012, 06:09 PM

LOL "malarkey". Such an old person word Grin

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #45 - June 17, 2012, 07:36 PM

Maybe you're missing your muse, MAB, and that's why you haven't felt creative? Maybe it's because Prince doesnt seem to be around anymore, and you can't be asked with the rest of us mere mortals? Personally, I just think you've been on the lazy side, because there was enough there in your response to me just now, to show that the creative, if rather cynical, juices are still abundant in your veins...

How on Earth did you find a video like the one you just posted mate?? I was almost horrified towards the end.... And if that's only part 1 of 5, I dread to think how bad it's gonna get by part 4???

Chepea: as nice as you are, please refrain from taking the piss out of us old dudes. It's a sensitive subject, and I suspect that at least one if us is about to go off the rails because of it. We'd prefer it if you young 'uns just pretended that age was nothing but a number to you... now, why does that phrase remind me of a former R Kelly abuse victim?

Hi
     Reply #46 - June 17, 2012, 07:40 PM

Sorry.  lipsrsealed I once watched a TV show episode where someone's granddad said "malarkey", that's why I said that. I'm sorry!!!!!

And age is but a number! I saw a thing once, it said: "Old age is always 15 years older than I am"! It was funny Cheesy That's a good attitude, cuz then people respect you more cuz you're more experienced and stuff.

Sorry!

Reply #47 - June 17, 2012, 08:01 PM

No worries, I was just messing with you.

But thanks for being nice enough to say all of that  Smiley

Hi
     Reply #48 - June 17, 2012, 08:04 PM

And yes, malarkey is a funny word. You should see Toor in full flow, he's full of old duffer words like that...

Hi
     Reply #49 - June 17, 2012, 08:06 PM

OHHHH!!!! My bad.

And yeah malarkey is hilarious, that's why it was in the show. Here's the show, it's REALLLLLLY GOOD!!! And funny! Watch the Tax Man episode, it's in the first season. Smiley

and toor has an amazing voice.

Reply #50 - June 17, 2012, 08:21 PM

Just seen the first few minutes. That is really funny. Great start.

I'll watch the rest tonight.. thanks chep  Afro

Hi
     Reply #51 - June 17, 2012, 09:23 PM

How on Earth did you find a video like the one you just posted mate?? I was almost horrified towards the end.... And if that's only part 1 of 5, I dread to think how bad it's gonna get by part 4???

I was suitably intrigued after this.

You're right, this thread has turned into a bit of a youtube channel. Every post reflects some mood or thought, most of them only funny in my head. No change there, then.

So are you back properly now?
     Reply #52 - June 17, 2012, 09:26 PM

(Sorry Toor, I'll stop talking after this  lipsrsealed)

Just seen the first few minutes. That is really funny. Great start.

I'll watch the rest tonight.. thanks chep  Afro

Cheesy Yay!! I hope you enjoy it. Just a bit of background in case you are unaware: Saskatchewan is a province in Canada, farmland mostly (or so I hear). It s redeeming quality is that it's very flat :/ apparently if your dog runs away, you can see it for three days cuz it's such flat land. Hence the theme song. And so the entire show is basically making fun of how boring Saskatchewan is Tongue

The residents live in a small town, Dog River. The pretty girl, Lacey, recently moved from Toronto (big city obviously) to take over her aunt's coffee shop. And yeah, the rest is pretty self-explanatory grin12

I hope you like it!! It's my fave show in the entire world!!!!!!!  dance dance

Reply #53 - June 17, 2012, 09:51 PM

I like it. I think Canadian humour/culture (especially music) is closer to the British, than the US is. That, coupled with the fact that I loved the sarcasm in the first few minutes, means I am certain to enjoy it.

Thanks again, you really are a good one Smiley

Sorry Toor... come back?

Hi
     Reply #54 - June 17, 2012, 09:52 PM

You disappeared for ages! Or, at least, you didn't post for ages, which probably isn't quite the same thing.
     Reply #55 - June 17, 2012, 09:55 PM

Toor: I'm back for a few days more I think. Got a busy job now where I don't have time to post. Plus my kid is 2 now, so he's (rightly) very demanding of my time. He's gone with mum for a few days, so I have time to catch up..

How's wifey for you?

Hi
     Reply #56 - June 17, 2012, 10:10 PM

Ah, nice. Married life is OK, my job goes through spells of busy and non-busy enough for me to stick around. No kids on the horizon by mutual agreement, but mainly because I've taken to sitting on pillows in moments of broodiness. It works for emperor penguins, and I can see why.

I need to be more proactive about career progression. Or just less lazy.
     Reply #57 - June 17, 2012, 10:25 PM

Lol @ emperor penguins.

I remember that you chose to marry someone that your family did not necessarily approve of. I'm glad it's going well for you mate. It's not always a bed of roses, even when your chosen partner does meet the family's approval. I can vouch for that... But things are cooler in my world also right now, so I'm thankful for that.

Hi
     Reply #58 - June 22, 2012, 02:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxELSzay2lc
     Reply #59 - June 28, 2012, 08:27 PM

• Previous page 1 23 4 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »