Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
Today at 07:16 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 07:55 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
Yesterday at 04:01 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 04, 2024, 07:58 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Pedophilia and current rationalizations

(Read 27692 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Pedophilia and current rationalizations
     Reply #90 - September 28, 2011, 11:03 AM

Bump.

Meh, i couldnt be arsed about all the pedantics,semantics and cultural norms argument.

I mean for 54 year old man to bonk a pre-pubescent 9 year old girl that plays with doll,hasnt had her period yet or even form boobies and round ass, I say he is a Pedophile. #EndOf

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #91 - September 28, 2011, 06:02 PM

Quite typical, I'd say. When they have no arguments left, most ideologues resort to ad-hominems.

That and the old party line of theists everywhere: it is not for us to understand the mind of god. We just obey.
     Reply #92 - September 28, 2011, 06:15 PM

Hope I dont upset anybody

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7456588.stm    - Homosexuals have different brains

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7006628.stm - Paedophiles have different brains

Haven't read the thread through so this aspect might have been discussed

Persoanlly don't think the Prophet was a peadophile, yes the idea of 50 odd year bloke with a pre-pubescent girl is sickening but imo if he was an out and out peadophile, surely is harem would have had a few underage girls, most of wives were quite old, if i remember correctly the next youngest was 17?

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #93 - September 28, 2011, 06:27 PM

Aisha was his favourite wife, the one he cared for the most and spent most time with. Also, the word paedophile doesn't mean that you're exclusively attracted to underage kids, simply that you are. Let's not forget what nine-year-olds usually look like:

If someone's attracted to a girl that looks anything like that then, yes, they're a a paedophile.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #94 - September 28, 2011, 06:34 PM

I am not here to defend his sexual life, just being rational, that if I was a peadophile and had the level of hold that the prophet had in his time,(and by all accounts he was highly-sexed) and ergo could sleep/marry to whom I wished, I would have had a bevy of prepubescent girls.

But the ages of his other wives were mature.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #95 - September 28, 2011, 06:42 PM

Absolutely. Power is a great test of morality. If you had the power to do anything you wanted, would you go around getting your fix (whatever it is)? He obviously did. That, to me, speaks of moral bankruptcy. Or possibly Moral IVA.
     Reply #96 - September 28, 2011, 06:58 PM

Hope I dont upset anybody

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7456588.stm    - Homosexuals have different brains

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7006628.stm - Paedophiles have different brains

Haven't read the thread through so this aspect might have been discussed

Persoanlly don't think the Prophet was a peadophile,yes the idea of 50 odd year bloke with a pre-pubescent girl is sickening but imo if he was an out and out peadophile, surely is harem would have had a few underage girls, most of wives were quite old, if i remember correctly the next youngest was 17?

Whatchu Talkin about  Huh?

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #97 - September 28, 2011, 07:15 PM

Naija Infidel

post 235

Reply #98 - September 28, 2011, 07:25 PM

I know what you said, i was just wondering if you have any idea on what you are talking about, you said you dont think he was a pedophile personally.

I am not here to defend his sexual life, just being rational, that if I was a peadophile and had the level of hold that the prophet had in his time,(and by all accounts he was highly-sexed) and ergo could sleep/marry to whom I wished, I would have had a bevy of prepubescent girls.

But the ages of his other wives were mature.

Now you have contradict yourself Grin

Reply #99 - September 28, 2011, 07:31 PM

Err

Imo if he(the Prophet) was a peadophile(out and out) and knowing his hold and power he had, toss in the fact that by all accounts he was highly-sexed, surely his harem (wives) would have had more than one under-age girl.

By all accounts his other wives were mature/older.

Reply #100 - September 28, 2011, 07:38 PM

Its just semantics devilsadvokat. He may not have been a clinical "pedophile" but he still engaged in pedophilia.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #101 - September 28, 2011, 07:46 PM

Not denying it.

More than semantics though.

The age is still under dispute - in those days, don't think thay had a tween/teen age, just like Victorian times you were a boy then a man , no in between - like youth/teenager

Doesn't seem to have left Ayesha with any mental/distress/victimisation.

By all accounts she went on to be a notable individual in Islamic history.

Reply #102 - September 28, 2011, 07:52 PM

Pedophilia According DSM-IV-TR
    A. Over a period of at least six months, recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child or children (generally age 13 years or younger).
    B. The person has acted on these sexual urges, or the sexual urges or fantasies caused marked distress or interpersonal difficulty.

C. The person is at least age 16 years and at least 5 years older than the child or children in Criterion A.

Note: This does not include an individual in late adolescence involved in an ongoing sexual relationship with a 12- or 13-year-old.
    Diagnostic Critiera for Pedophilia
    Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Psychiatry Online

As far as im concerned he has met all those three criteria,i dont care how many matured wives he has,the fact that he has bonked a 9 year old girl not only once, but many times and she was his favourite among all his wives proves that he is a pedophile.

For more clarification, check this link.
    http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Aisha%27s_Age_of_Consummation

Reply #103 - September 28, 2011, 07:57 PM

So by this logic, if someone murders only 1 person, he is not a murderer. If someone rapes only 1 person, he is not a rapist.

Riiiiiiiight.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #104 - September 28, 2011, 08:07 PM

Doesn't seem to have left Ayesha with any mental/distress/victimisation.

Islamic hagiography is not a defence.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #105 - September 28, 2011, 08:14 PM

Mohammed marriage to Ayesha was the exception rather than the rule.

It would be interesting to see definitions of peadophilia from encyclopedias of the 19/20th century's.

And folks I am being devilsadvokat signmuahaha (why is there not a better devil emoticon)

And I suppose if had twelve partners and one was male, the others females - would it make me gay - bi-sexual at worst/best.

Reply #106 - September 28, 2011, 08:18 PM

Islamic hagiography is not a defence

Not sure what hagiography means lol but you are willing to believe that she was 9 due to writings/scriptures/hagiography? but not the bits about her being an upstanding/fully participating  member of the Islamic community.

Reply #107 - September 28, 2011, 08:18 PM

Islamic hagiography is not a defence.

So hadith which portray her as being a confident, intellectual woman who loved her husband, politics/religion aren't good enough but the ones about her being 9 yrs old (assuming she was that age) are?
     Reply #108 - September 28, 2011, 08:24 PM

And I suppose if had twelve partners and one was male, the others females - would it make me gay - bi-sexual at worst/best.

Yes, it would make you bisexual.  Duh.  

As to Mohammed, what he did with Aisha, disgusting as it is to our eyes, was probably normal back in the 7th century.  I think arguing about whether or not he was a paedophile are a bit of a side issue.  The central issue is that Mohammed demonstrates how wrong headed it  really is to take a 7th century person and hold him up as  a perfect example for all time.  

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #109 - September 28, 2011, 08:26 PM

As to Mohammed, what he did with Aisha, disgusting as it is to our eyes, was probably normal back in the 7th century.  I think arguing about whether or not he was a paedophile are a bit of a side issue.  The central issue is that Mohammed demonstrates how wrong headed it  really is to take a 7th century person and hold him up as  a perfect example for all time.  

+1

Well said. 
     Reply #110 - September 28, 2011, 08:27 PM

So hadith which portray her as being a confident, intellectual woman who loved her husband, politics/religion aren't good enough but the ones about her being 9 yrs old (assuming she was that age) are?

They are all good enough in my eyes.  That's because girls like Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Duggard were victimised by paedophiles in their childhoods, and they grew up to be confident, intellectual women.  They even expressed conflicting feelings about their abusers, some of which could be misinterpreted as "love".

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #111 - September 28, 2011, 08:34 PM

Yes, it would make you bisexual.  Duh

Doesn't make me gay though. My point being having one 'underage' partner in twelve, doesn't necessarily make you a peadophile.

Indeed, just used as another stick to beat the Prophet. Not saying there aren't enough sticks to beat him with.

Reply #112 - September 28, 2011, 08:35 PM

Doesn't make me gay though. My point being having one 'underage' partner in twelve, doesn't necessarily make you a peadophile.

*headdesk*

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #113 - September 28, 2011, 08:36 PM

So hadith which portray her as being a confident, intellectual woman who loved her husband, politics/religion

And that is hagiography.

Saying that by all accounts she had no 'mental distress' as a defence of the consummation of a marriage between a fifty year old man and 9 year old child assumes that any mental distress she might have felt would be described in the body of Islamic narrative - a body that was composed to (by the light of those writing it and perpetuate it) project Muhammad as the most perfect man who ever had and ever shall walk the earth.

To put it in laymans terms, they would say that, wouldn't they?

You know, Ayesha is the one that gets most of the attention. Safiyah is the one that distresses me equally when I think about it. Muhammad killed her husband and tribe, and then took her as his wife as war booty. Of course, the hagiography never mentions any mental distress she may have felt at seeing her husband and people killed, and then to have the leader of those who killed them, marry you and have sex with you.

As with alot in Islamic history, we have to use our imagination in the darkness.

God is Love.

Reply #114 - September 28, 2011, 08:39 PM

Thats correct. Muhammad's life is the achilles heel of literalist Islam, and the notion that he was the perfect man for eternity whose sunnah must be followed is rendered untenable either by the light of his actions, or the relativising of his actions - if his actions are relative, his conduct and sunnah is therefore not immutable, and a touchstone of Islam is weakened.

God is Love.

Reply #115 - September 28, 2011, 08:39 PM

banghead

Reply #116 - September 28, 2011, 08:41 PM

Oi youse lot ganging up on me lol- you know what I mean like I said in my first post on this thread - an out and out peadophile with his power/control would surely have had more than one underage girl in his harem.

Reply #117 - September 28, 2011, 08:41 PM

Thats the kind of perverse contortion people go through to exculpate him ^^^

God is Love.

Reply #118 - September 28, 2011, 08:47 PM

devilsadvokat signmuahaha

throwing in mitigating circumstances etc

when i was a fresh athiest twenty years ago I said worse about his character.

Reply #119 - September 28, 2011, 08:57 PM

That is definitely throwing in a circumstance, but it doesn't mitigate anything.

The extraordinary claims made for him being the key thing here.

God is Love.

• Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »