Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Mo meets Sky Daddy!

(Read 4395 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Mo meets Sky Daddy!
     OP - June 28, 2011, 07:16 PM

LOL I just found out from my very excitable and devoted family that today is the day of "shab ae miraj" which is when Mo went on a date with the Sky Daddy on a flying unicorn, and came back from the seven heavens in one night. Oh and it didn't end there no no, if you think it was madness enough to be speaking of a flying unicorn surpassing all time zones meeting a fictitous sky daddy was enough. Think again. Cheesy

The great Mo also met Moses on the way there a couple of times. As Mo was superior than all profits prophets of the Abrahamic religions, and therefore had the cheek to question Sky Daddy, that's right he had the power to question ALLAH Shocked asking for prayers to be lessened from 50 times a day to just 5 times a day. Wow gee thanks Mo, could've made another round and got to nil times a day. Roll Eyes

Anyhow, millions of muslims worldwide will be praying their asses off - literally, their asses will be in the air Cheesy ..
    and well i've got the luck of a pea to hear, see and endure great blessings generously endowed on Mo on Religious TV and at home. 015

EDIT: how did you spend this night when you were a muslim? Devout or not. What's the dfference now? Now that you've come out of the nightmarish dreamland Islam.
  • Re: Mo meets Sky Daddy!
     Reply #1 - June 28, 2011, 07:20 PM

We should make Buraq piniatas.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #2 - June 28, 2011, 07:26 PM

LOL what's that?  Huh?
     Reply #3 - June 28, 2011, 07:34 PM

Pinatas are mini horses/donkeys made out of cardboard and other flimsy materials used in the US and Mexico for children to beat with a stick from which candy then falls out of, they are usually used at birthdays and other celebrations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinata

http://www.texmextogo.com/images/donkey-pinata.jpg

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

Reply #4 - June 28, 2011, 07:38 PM

yeah, and he also equalled himself with jesus on the way up.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #5 - June 28, 2011, 07:43 PM

So Mohammed was the first person in space?
     Reply #6 - June 28, 2011, 07:46 PM

I once had a conversation with someone about that hadith, we ended up asking each other why Jesus was on the 2nd heaven while Moses was in 7th heaven? Why does Moses get a better apartment than Jesus?

And also, at one point Moses starts crying and talking about his people not listening and being damned, 'someone' (literally someone) asks him why he's crying? Who the hell is 'someone'? Do they have bystanders in heaven? Or was it the heaven police?

I love the night journey, one of my favourite stories, for the lols at least.

Reply #7 - June 28, 2011, 07:46 PM

I used to, and still do, wish that I could undertake a mir'aj like Mo. Were that I could also look at the source of all Beauty face to face!

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #8 - June 28, 2011, 08:02 PM

If i'm honest it's my favorite mythical story too, a great Bed Time read or told by my mother when I was at a age where Bed Time stories were cool.  cool2

Anyhow, I never really understood why Mo was above all prophets? Why would Sky Daddy give him a higher pedestal a special place for a messenger who was supposedly just passing on a message that was ''lost, forgotten or altered'' along the years. Why was he so special? In fact he could've messed up just like the other messengers and Allah would've had to ''sent down'' another one of his many messengers to rectify us mere mortals. It's just so suspiciously skeptic.

Roll Eyes

Ps. I am literally pulling my hair out listening to nasheeds glorifying the oh so wonderful Mo.  mysmilie_977
     Reply #9 - June 28, 2011, 08:06 PM

Nasheeds glorifying Mo, sounds like Barelvi or similar, amirite (sorry for personal question)?

Reply #10 - June 28, 2011, 08:21 PM

Na just regular Sunnis. Watching Peace TV / Noor TV / and some fucked up Sufi channels too (the ones where they all wear green turbans). wacko
     Reply #11 - July 02, 2011, 09:36 PM

My mom would make my brother and I go to mosque for the bayan/sermon (she considered it a form of ibadah). I haven't come out to them yet that I've completely left Islam, but when I did, I distanced myself from every Islamic sect, criticized the quran, and completely shattered the Hadith, hence my parents don't bother asking me to go to any sermons. And yeah, it was a cool story, but still not as  cool as the Exodus from Egypt: it's my favorite story from the Abrahamic mythos.
     Reply #12 - July 02, 2011, 10:32 PM

It wasn't a unicorn.  It was a donkey-like beast with wings.

Anyway, here's what I just found about this auspicious night:
    "According to Islamic beliefs, on the night of Shab-e-Barat, Allah decides and determines the affairs of the coming year. During the night, Allah determines the destinies of all humans by taking into consideration the deeds of the previous year."

What does that mean exactly?  If you've been a good boy the previous year, good things happen to you the next year?  So this is like God's budget day. whistling2

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »