Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Names~

(Read 9324 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Names~
     Reply #30 - June 25, 2011, 07:34 AM

^We have an appropriate thread?  Huh? Why wasn't I told about this?
     Reply #31 - June 25, 2011, 10:53 AM

My turn! dance

The boys

- Lindor
    - Ollie
    - Ferrero
    - Xendro
    - Valentino
    - Daniel / Daaniyaal

The Girls

- Xandria
    - Ophelia
    - Zelda
    - Valentine
    - Violet
    - Silver
    - Genelia

These ones I really like~
     Reply #32 - June 25, 2011, 08:48 PM

^Take that shit to an appropriate thread, people.

-----------

Best name for a boy:

Alex Lam Meem (Origin: Greek/Mohammedan-Qurayshi; meaning: someone diplomatic, noble, wise, gentle towards kafirs and fierce towards believers, oh, and simply awesome)

Best name for a girl:

Mount a Bison (Origin: Cherokee-Turkish/English; meaning: too offensive to post on the forum)

LMAO Smiley

Hope your nightly visits become a regular feature again mate.

Hi
     Reply #33 - June 25, 2011, 09:10 PM

Kewl names, Sunbul. Afro  Kewl thread actually. Afro

Personally, I like Spanish, Italian and South American names.  They sound foreign but not Muslim; so if your skin colour is a little brown/olive and you look a little foreign, they might good ones to pick.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #34 - June 25, 2011, 09:23 PM

Boys:
    Daaniyaal
    Tristan
    Cayden
    Oisin(Irish name that Im in love with...pronounced Osh+een)
    Séamus
    Brónach

Girls:
    Nessa/Nessie grin12
    Aileen
    Mariya/Máire
    Taymiyyah
    Brianna
    Cairenn
    Isolde
    Galadriel
    Deirdre
    Órlaith
    Arianna
    Alanna
    Chloe
    Tegan 001_wub

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
    (I no naka no kawazu taikai wo shirazu)
    A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
     Reply #35 - June 26, 2011, 12:52 AM

Personally, I like Spanish, Italian and South American names.  They sound foreign but not Muslim; so if your skin colour is a little brown/olive and you look a little foreign, they might good ones to pick.

That was so racist, Ateapot :(

^We have an appropriate thread?  Huh? Why wasn't I told about this?

You funny.

LMAO Smiley

Hope your nightly visits become a regular feature again mate.

Love you too.

"That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger" (The Koran 69:40)
     Reply #36 - June 26, 2011, 01:01 AM

Girls:
    Nessa/Nessie grin12

Oh my sister got a kitten and she named her Nessa lol
     Reply #37 - June 26, 2011, 04:59 AM

That was so racist, Ateapot :(

It wasn't meant to be racist.  What I mean to say is: if an ex-Muslim desi or arab gives their son or daughter a Muslim name, people will always assume the son/daughter is a Muslim and the poor bugger will have to explain that he is not a Muslim a gazillion times.  Whereas if you give your son/daughter a typical western name, he will seem like a sell-out (or you will).  So I was thinking perhaps a slightly foreign-sounding name or a even an uncommon/kewl western name like the ones Sunbul has been posting will be better.  Although, having thought about it a bit more, I think Persian names for desis or pre-Islamic arab names would be cool too.  Well,  maybe even Islamic names which are uncommon would be OK.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #38 - June 26, 2011, 09:55 AM

Danke. :]

@Polly: If you name your kid Tegan, I will have to name mine Sara.

@thread: Keirsten, for a girl.
     Reply #39 - June 26, 2011, 10:50 AM

Adam and Eve, great names.

It's interesting I remember reading in Freakonomics how the high-income names of the previous generations slowly filter through to become the low-income names of the current generation. So nowadays names like Tarquin and Coco are really popular in council estates nowadays... or somethin.

Other great names:
    Zach
    Amber
    Rohan
    Charles (Xavier)
    Malcolm (X)
    Samuel (L Jackson)

EDIT: wait, if i name my kids Adam and Eve that might provoke incest. Nevermind...
     Reply #40 - June 26, 2011, 12:23 PM

Girl names:
    Rihanna
    Leena
    Sarah
    Amal
    Leah
    Eden
    Naomi
    Zahra
    Hasna

Boy names:
    David
    Habib
    Amir
    Hayder
    Kamal
    Ali
    Noah

and

Hassan  Tongue
     Reply #41 - June 26, 2011, 05:42 PM

It wasn't meant to be racist.  What I mean to say is: if an ex-Muslim desi or arab gives their son or daughter a Muslim name, people will always assume the son/daughter is a Muslim and the poor bugger will have to explain that he is not a Muslim a gazillion times.  Whereas if you give your son/daughter a typical western name, he will seem like a sell-out (or you will).  So I was thinking perhaps a slightly foreign-sounding name or a even an uncommon/kewl western name like the ones Sunbul has been posting will be better.  Although, having thought about it a bit more, I think Persian names for desis or pre-Islamic arab names would be cool too.  Well,  maybe even Islamic names which are uncommon would be OK.

I see your point, but it seems to me that you may be sending the child and the world a wrong message anyway. One, most names are connected with religions and I wouldn't care about people who assume that I worship Jesus because my name is Matthew or that I practice taqiyyah if my middle name is Hussein. Not EVEN most American voters made that mistake in 2008. Thus, why worry about retards? Two, I definitely don't want to be influenced by people who make assumptions about me or my child based on our complexion. If the ignorant part of the world doesn't learn that your complexion or name should influence how they see you then I will keep ignoring and ridiculing them, as they totally deserve it.

Reply #42 - June 26, 2011, 06:27 PM

@Alex: ^
    Fair point.  I don't disagree with you.  But personally, as I have said, I would avoid obviously Muslim names.  They don't fit in my cool names category anyway.
    Of course we are talking about names for our kids here.  Regarding my own name, I ain't changing it.  It is a Muslim name and a beautiful one, so I'm keeping it.

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #43 - June 26, 2011, 07:04 PM

Personally, I like... South American names.

Hmm... I know an Igmar and a Shenmar, an Arelly, a Marleth and a Maria-Auxilliadora. Names that have doomed them to eternal poverty.
     Reply #44 - June 26, 2011, 07:22 PM

Regarding my own name, I ain't changing it.  It is a Muslim name and a beautiful one, so I'm keeping it.

Same here.

As to kids names: I'd just go with whatever names is part of culture one is part of now (nationality specific, over religion specific). Also - names have a huge impact on peoples lives ...

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2010/0614/Baby-names-have-long-lasting-effects-for-better-or-worse
    http://www.livescience.com/14394-educational-achievement.html
     Reply #45 - June 26, 2011, 08:39 PM

I think some names are blatantly Muslim like Abdul-Azeem, or Abdur-Rahman, and I don't think any exie in their right mind would consider these. It's like calling your son Solly Shimshillewitz and expecting people not to ask if he's Jewish...  Smiley
     Reply #46 - June 27, 2011, 03:36 AM

^Do you think that erveryone with a muslim name is a muslim? Or do you think that parents determine one's nationality/religion by giving a name?

I don't like Muhammad, Osama and Jesus but many other "religious" names I would consider for my kid.

Reply #47 - June 27, 2011, 03:45 AM

I find it interesting that we haven't really chosen the names of the culture of our parents lol .Yes we all are coconuts  (kidding)

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
     Reply #48 - June 27, 2011, 03:52 AM

Girls

Alexa

Yarah

Elizabeth

Boys :

Warsame (its somali , i feel obliged to name at least one of my children a somali name lol)

Oscar

Leo

Morrissey (kidding)

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
  • Stefan Wolfgang
     Reply #49 - July 04, 2011, 08:35 AM

This is, as you may have guessed, a thread for names, inspired by the Random Thoughts thread.
    So... feel free to share your favourite names, names you think are really creative, what you've named your kids/what you want to name your kids, names you wish you had, etc.
    I'll start, of course:

Florence
    Leontine
    Ophelia
    Amélie
    Sofian (inspired by a certain member of this forum, and the only Arab name I like except my own.)
    Emilia
    December
    Xavier
    Xailer
    Tegan
    Desdemona
    Nikolai
    Ariela
    Etienne
    Selene
    Mara
    Vivienne
    Eva
    Evelyn
    Katja
    Coraline
    Klausanne
    Adeline
    Carter
    Delilah
    Aiden
    Damien
    Skyler
    Desiderius (must refrain from calling the poor kid 'Desi')
    Aedon
    Rafael

Szandor (I used to be a LaVeyan Satanist... I was twelve, okay? Anyway, my love of that name extends beyond that particular religion.)
    Ezra
    Alexei
    Taige
    Audrey
    Antoinette
    Helena
    Evolet
    Dorian
    Lorelei
    Leah
    Valentine

Don't worry, I'm never having kids. The poor fucks would be bullied so much.

Reply #50 - July 04, 2011, 08:57 AM

OK, this doesn't seem right.

I have merged the two threads and the OP is exactly the same as the new ^^ merged thread.

Sunbulrocket = elwood?   wacko

Investigation time.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #51 - July 04, 2011, 07:06 PM

LOL, she would hardly be so crude if she was multi-nicking. Looks like a copy pasta fuck up. They have put a name in the subject title. Cheesy
     Reply #52 - October 16, 2011, 07:09 AM

Danke. :]

@Polly: If you name your kid Tegan, I will have to name mine Sara.

just seen this now...bring it on Sunbul...maybe they'll become lesbians and start a band together  Tongue

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
    (I no naka no kawazu taikai wo shirazu)
    A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
     Reply #53 - October 16, 2011, 07:59 AM

Favorite girl names:

Scheherazade
    Jullanar (very special name to me)
    Nazik al Mala'ika (after the Iraqi poetess)
    Sabine
    Kenza (beautiful Algerian name)
    Yaqoutah
    Nahawand/Nihavent (after the musical maqaam)
    Rufayda
    Lolita
    Layla
    Lu'lu'a
    Lamees
    Louiza
    Faatin
    Shaadin
    Siham
    Balqees
    Yvette/Yvonne/Eve
    Ekaterina/Katyusha/Catherine <3
    Dinah
    Leah
    Joanna

I used to have a favorite girl's name, but I forgot it. Fuck.

Boys:

Ibn Maa' as-Samaa'
    Shahrayar
    Taj uz-Zamaan
    Rami
    Emile

Fuck boys. I'm having a girl.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #54 - October 16, 2011, 09:25 AM

So... feel free to share your favourite names, 

Florence.............

Don't worry, I'm never having kids. The poor fucks would be bullied so much.

what happened to you Elwood?  did some rascal bully you??

Any way the WORST NAME  that I hate on any little girl is Aisha., And unfortunately Millions of Muslims parents go for that name., Almost every Muslim family  have that name.   That name flashes 53 year old Muhammad and his 9year old wife who is his friend's daughter.. 

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #55 - October 16, 2011, 09:27 AM

Off the top of my head:

Boys:

Adam

Sahyl

Girls:

In order of most favourite to, to well, favourite but not as much as the top:

Tabassum (Ta-bus-sum) <3<3<3<3 001_wub

Layla

Raine

Mysha (my as in "my book":-sha)

Kathryn (Kath-rin)

Hunter

Isabelle

Rebekah

Jenna

and there's one I'm forgetting, which is really bugging me. I wanted to name my sister this but eventually settled on something simpler that I liked! I will find it!

Edit: FOUND IT:

Aaliyah was the name I was looking for.

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #56 - October 16, 2011, 09:33 AM

It wasn't meant to be racist.  What I mean to say is: if an ex-Muslim desi or arab gives their son or daughter a Muslim name, people will always assume the son/daughter is a Muslim and the poor bugger will have to explain that he is not a Muslim a gazillion times.  Whereas if you give your son/daughter a typical western name, he will seem like a sell-out (or you will).  So I was thinking perhaps a slightly foreign-sounding name or a even an uncommon/kewl western name like the ones Sunbul has been posting will be better.  Although, having thought about it a bit more, I think Persian names for desis or pre-Islamic arab names would be cool too.  Well,  maybe even Islamic names which are uncommon would be OK.

Or maybe it doesn't matter what the fuck people think? Arabic names can be beautiful, so can others. It doesn't really matter, and the type of people to judge you by your name probably aren't worth knowing so I suppose it's a good way of helping your kids out by weeding out the idiots and the morons.

A nice name is a nice name regardless of where it came from or what it implies really. You sound retarded when you say things like the above post. Are you sure you aren't a 12 year old middle-schooler unsure of himself an his identity?

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #57 - October 16, 2011, 10:57 AM

^ Eph, I don't think it's quite that simple. A name isn't just a name. As someone showed earlier on, names affect their holders' lives in very many ways -- not just the way people treat you.

@thread: Zumurrudah is also an awesome name. Narjis. Yasmine. Fulla.

I think that if I have a daughter, I will most likely name her Layla.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #58 - October 16, 2011, 11:50 AM

Wtf?
    I should never reproduce with any of you, because you people would give kids some uber tacky names ^_^

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #59 - October 16, 2011, 12:13 PM

just seen this now...bring it on Sunbul...maybe they'll become lesbians and start a band together  Tongue

That would be totally awesome. dance
    Though I'd hope that our Tegan and Sara had better love lives than the current Tegan and Sara. Tongue
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »